Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 Triple Tuner Combobox

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭honestbroker

Hi Folks,
    Was clearing all channels last night, however today channels clear for 20 secs, then I get "Scrambled or not running".
    Any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

On Champions new AR-P image.
    Getting attached crash report when trying to do cool search.
    Any ideas please.

Is that with the sky skin? Started using that skin this morning on hyperion v3 and I'm getting the occasional green screen. Looks great but its still a "work in progress" project so I'll be sticking with Kerni for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Big Wex fan

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Is that with the sky skin? Started using that skin this morning on hyperion v3 and I'm getting the occasional green screen. Looks great but its still a "work in progress" project so I'll be sticking with Kerni for a while.

It's the standard blue skin, Kerni HD I think.

It's the standard blue skin, Kerni HD I think.

I think he used the new cool tv 7.0 in his latest image which may not be as stable just yet. I downloaded 7.0 today and did a couple of searches no problem. I'm on Hyperion v3 though so perhaps it works better on this image.

Slightly more complete backup than my last.

Plugins included:
    1channel
    AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBoquets e2
    Cache Flush
    CrossEPG
    CoolTVGuide 7.0
    OpenWebIf (Streaming of one $ channel while watching another $ channel)
    OSCam (no-line)
    PermanentTimeShift
    RTÉ Player
    SambaServer
    TSMedia (Latest release - still not working 100%)
    Rat's Picons
    IPTV Updater v1.1
    VirtualZap
    WebMedia
    SkyHD Bootlogo
    SkyHD skins (a little buggy)

FTP Login username root, password pkteam
    Oscam Web Gui - http://box_ip:8888 username root password oscam

DOWNLOAD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I know the Alien 2 and Triplex are supposed to be exactly the same hardware but from reading alot of posts on here I am beginning to think the Triplex is in some way a more stable receiver.

I dont know if this is the case but in general I have found that Enigma 2 images over the last year by different groups,hdmu,pkt,etc run well on my Triplex whereas other people running the same images on Alien 2's are tearing their hair out.
    Perhaps the Alien 2 is being marketed to a less experienced Enigma 2 userbase than other more expensive Enigma 2 receivers like the Vu+ and this is the reason for some of the issues people are having .

Hyperion 3 on the Triplex is very slick and solid in my opinion now .
    I used to have a Dm800 running one of the most stable images,Dream Elite Phoenix but I find that slow in comparison to the Triplex now.

Zardoz wrote: »
    I know the Alien 2 and Triplex are supposed to be exactly the same hardware but from reading alot of posts on here I am beginning to think the Triplex is in some way a more stable receiver.

I dont know if this is the case but in general I have found that Enigma 2 images over the last year by different groups,hdmu,pkt,etc run well on my Triplex whereas other people running the same images on Alien 2's are tearing their hair out.
    Perhaps the Alien 2 is being marketed to a less experienced Enigma 2 userbase than other more expensive Enigma 2 receivers like the Vu+ and this is the reason for some of the issues people are having .

Hyperion 3 on the Triplex is very slick and solid in my opinion now .
    I used to have a Dm800 running one of the most stable images,Dream Elite Phoenix but I find that slow in comparison to the Triplex now.

I have an amiko alien 2 and a golden media triplex,I don't find any difference between boxes. Using same image on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

There is no difference between the GM or Amiko with regards to Enigma2. More often than not it's the user at fault and not the image.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭Zardoz

NUTZZ wrote: »
    There is no difference between the GM or Amiko with regards to Enigma2. More often than not it's the user at fault and not the image.

That would indeed seem to be the case allright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Is there any way to watch videos from my NAS drive using Championc latest AR-P image?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Thanks for the help thus far on this thread folks, much appreciated.

I've flashed the Hypersion V3 image on a GM Spark reloaded box.
    Tried it a couple of times, but when I restart and choose Enigma rather than Spark I get stuck with the BOOT message on the display panel, box never boots into Enigma.
    I've even tried a few different image versions, those found on this thread, and one that currently works perfectly on my GM Spark Triplex box.

Did some googling and some sites suggest that it relates to a cloned box, retailer has assured me that this is not the case.

Any advise or suggestions for what I should try this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Thanks for the help thus far on this thread folks, much appreciated.

I've flashed the Hypersion V3 image on a GM Spark reloaded box.
    Tried it a couple of times, but when I restart and choose Enigma rather than Spark I get stuck with the BOOT message on the display panel, box never boots into Enigma.
    I've even tried a few different image versions, those found on this thread, and one that currently works perfectly on my GM Spark Triplex box.

Did some googling and some sites suggest that it relates to a cloned box, retailer has assured me that this is not the case.

Any advise or suggestions for what I should try this evening?

to be clear - are you still experiencing the box getting stuck with "boot" on the display pannel or do you have an image that "works perfectly" on your box?

bappelbe wrote: »
    to be clear - are you still experiencing the box getting stuck with "boot" on the display pannel or do you have an image that "works perfectly" on your box?

Apologies, on my GM Spark Triplex it works perfectly.

On my GM Spark Reloaded it hangs at BOOT message on display. It will not boot into Enigma for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭bappelbe

Apologies, on my GM Spark Triplex it works perfectly.

On my GM Spark Reloaded it hangs at BOOT message on display. It will not boot into Enigma for me.

The GM Spark Reloaded is a different machine- it uses a STI7111 processor whereas the Triplex (Alien 2) uses the 7162.
    You will need a different Enigma2 for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

I don't think there are any clones for the Alien 2 (yet)

bappelbe wrote: »
    The GM Spark Reloaded is a different machine- it uses a STI7111 processor whereas the Triplex (Alien 2) uses the 7162.
    You will need a different Enigma2 for it

Thanks.

Does anyone have a working image, or could point me in the right direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

Ok guys, newbie question: How do I reboot into Spark from Enigma?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Loads of tutorials if you look in Google.

1. Turn off the power button at the back.
    2. On Frontpanelu hold [OK] and then turn the power switch back on.
    3. After about 5 seconds, the display should appear in the display [FORCE] then you should release the [OK] and press [P -] to go to enigma, press ok, let it load up.
    4. do the reverse to go back to spark, press P+.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

Thanks!

I should have read the first post I guess!

Thanks again!

hallo dare wrote: »
    Loads of tutorials if you look in Google.

1. Turn off the power button at the back.
    2. On Frontpanelu hold [OK] and then turn the power switch back on.
    3. After about 5 seconds, the display should appear in the display [FORCE] then you should release the [OK] and press [P -] to go to enigma, press ok, let it load up.
    4. do the reverse to go back to spark, press P+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

Thanks.

Just googled and there's loads.

Here's a link to just a few,
    http://info-sat.in/showthread.php?1891-Golden-media-spark-reloaded/page21

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭zakalibit

Thanks.

as far as I see you do not need a special image for 7111 as it is supported, at least I can see the drivers for 7111 present in the codebase.

zakalibit wrote: »
    as far as I see you do not need a special image for 7111 as it is supported, at least I can see the drivers for 7111 present in the codebase.

Thanks, any idea why I might be stuck at the boot message?

is that an AR-P image?

is that an AR-P image?

Forgive my ignorance but how would I check?

Forgive my ignorance but how would I check?

where did you get your image?

there is 2 images one for alien1(7111) another alien2(7162), you'd need the second

where did you get your image?

there is 2 images one for alien1(7111) another alien2(7162), you'd need the second

Got it from a friend of a friend.

Will do some googling for that image.

try Champions image

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I may have asked this before but can using a different version of oscam affect the quality of the channel or should I use something other than Oscam?

I ask because on both Spark and Enigma I am constantly getting channels freezing. It is getting to the stage that I cant record anything. I use oscam for my line.

However I have a Dreambox 500S upstairs in my bedroom using cccam and that works perfectly using a line I got from the same place as the one I use for the Amiko.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    Slightly more complete backup than my last.

Plugins included:
    1channel
    AutoTimer
    AutoVolumeAdjustment
    AutoBoquets e2
    Cache Flush
    CrossEPG
    CoolTVGuide 7.0
    OpenWebIf (Streaming of one $ channel while watching another $ channel)
    OSCam (no-line)
    PermanentTimeShift
    RTÉ Player
    SambaServer
    TSMedia (Latest release - still not working 100%)
    Rat's Picons
    IPTV Updater v1.1
    VirtualZap
    WebMedia
    SkyHD Bootlogo
    SkyHD skins (a little buggy)

FTP Login username root, password pkteam
    Oscam Web Gui - http://box_ip:8888 username root password oscam

DOWNLOAD

Can you download at all in TSMedia from your image or is it hit and miss? TBH that is what I use my Amiko for most of the time now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,100 ✭✭✭championc

gazzer wrote: »
    I may have asked this before but can using a different version of oscam affect the quality of the channel or should I use something other than Oscam?

I ask because on both Spark and Enigma I am constantly getting channels freezing. It is getting to the stage that I cant record anything. I use oscam for my line.

However I have a Dreambox 500S upstairs in my bedroom using cccam and that works perfectly using a line I got from the same place as the one I use for the Amiko.

Well swap over the lines or boxes to check

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement