Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things youth defence hates..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭NotForResale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Just asked on FB if they've permission to use the songs in their YouTube videos.
    Seems they hate copyright too.

mehfesto wrote: »
    Just asked on FB if they've permission to use the songs in their YouTube videos.

They might actually have that, in caption below the video its mentioned with a clickable link, so at the very least youtubes drm algorithm has probably correctly identified it.

are we dancer?

whoa , http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Pmafm9wIET4#t=154s crucifix earrings and rosary in hands, does she think she gets extra points for that?

mehfesto wrote: »

You might be right though, it seems to have been deleted fast.

vrBMG.png

A lot of their supporters beliefs also seem to be at odds with what youth defence claims to believe itself.

This one is clearly just antisex and see's a child as a punishment, favouring abortion in fairly limited circumstance that youth defence itself would be against.

reminds me of "the only moral abortion is my abortion" stories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did the mouse arrow in the screenshot confuse anyone else? No? Just me then :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is anyone else sick of the "I'm against abortion except in cases of rape" brigade?

If I genuinely thought abortion was the murder of an innocent child then I'd be against it even in cases of rape.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Cienciano wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Might have.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Is anyone else sick of the "I'm against abortion except in cases of rape" brigade?

Yes.
    I'm also thoroughly sick of the "don't really believe in a god, go to church rarely if ever, get the kids baptised, send them to catholic school, tick catholic on the census, would be outraged to be described as atheist or agnostic" brigade.
    Probably a lot of overlap between them and the lot you refer to.
    Religion succeeds because most people either aren't very good at really thinking things through, or just can't be bothered.

Life ain't always empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

reminds me of "the only moral abortion is my abortion" stories.

I felt physically sick reading that.

Now it may be the mild food poisoning I've given myself but I'd like to think it was the hypocrisy.

• Advertisement

Cienciano wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ubuntu.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

If I genuinely thought abortion was the murder of an innocent child then I'd be against it even in cases of rape.

yeah, it's the pro-punishment stance

they go mental and start yelling about BUT OMG ITS RAPE YOU HORRIBLE PERSON if you point out the inconsistency and the fact they're not actually pro-life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

They might actually have that, in caption below the video its mentioned with a clickable link, so at the very least youtubes drm algorithm has probably correctly identified it.

are we dancer?

whoa , http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Pmafm9wIET4#t=154s crucifix earrings and rosary in hands, does she think she gets extra points for that?

Perhaps. It's still ironic they're using a song by The Killers.

EDIT: Sure I e-mailled Universal Music to find out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Ubuntu.

Ungawa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah finally, took me a while to find this exact piece.

Youth Defence throwing a tantrum over boots selling the morning after pill.

^ Clicking on YD's site makes baby cthulhu cry.

Wonder if they look at ther logs for referrer info.

"Wow we're doing really well with hits from boards.ie lately..."

Life ain't always empty.

Ubuntu.

It's identical to the default KDE4 pointer as well, someone's been copying ;)

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Ah finally, took me a while to find this exact piece.

Youth Defence throwing a tantrum over boots selling the morning after pill.

I love the line 'Concern Rises'. Really? Concern within YD that its becoming increasingly irrelevant, perhaps.

I'd also like to know how much time, effort and money YD puts into looking after the children who've been born, and let pregnant women sort out their own bodies. I think a lot of these groups are pro pregnancy and pro limiting the rights of others, when the child is born they don't give a sh!t and likely complain about payments made to single parents.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I'd be concerned over the crazy price - 45 quid!!!!! :mad:

Cheaper than a kid though :)

Life ain't always empty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

ninja900 wrote: »
    Cheaper than a kid though :)

And stops the whole "fear" thing too, one would imagine.

I was about so suggest that it spare the underwear, but wimminz wouldn't suffer from so indelicate a phenomena.

They have debate tactics page too http://www.prolifeinfo.ie/resources/debating-resources/debate-tactics/
    State as a fact that your opponent has not effectively presented his case.

The whole objective seems to be to simply enrage anyone they're forced to debate by being a parrot.

Nodin wrote: »
    And stops the whole "fear" thing too, one would imagine.

I was about so suggest that it spare the underwear, but wimminz wouldn't suffer from so indelicate a phenomena.

I've seen a friend of a friend go through the whole cycle, from 'late' to 'missed' to 'oh ****' to 'appeal to students union for money' to 'boat tickets' (yeah it was 20 years ago) to 'coming home and never speaking of this again'. Changes ones perspective on these things.

Life ain't always empty.

This is only loosely related but i have noticed a group (probably more that one) called "feminists for life" knocking about as a 'like' on the youth defence page.

Turns out its international branch was once headed by our own
    [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminists_for_Life#FFL_of_Ireland
    "]Breda O Brien[/URL] she's seems hardly feminist.

who also patrons the Iona institute.http://www.ionainstitute.ie/personnel_patrons.php

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminists_for_Life#FFL_of_Ireland

"Feminists for life" seems to be pushing "New feminism"
    a predominantly Catholic philosophy which emphasizes a belief in an integral complementarity of men and women

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Catholic Feminism - Dafuq?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Clearly they feel that women have too many rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Jernal wrote: »
    Catholic Feminism - Dafuq?
    That's one of them oxymoron things, isn't it?

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

MrPudding wrote: »
    That's one of them oxymoron things, isn't it?

MrP

Universe ending paradox, more like.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Nah - it's just the Old Patriarchy being repackaged as the New Feminism

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Sounds a little risqué.

Advertisement