Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things youth defence hates..

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stanley 2

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    'Love' them both but value the unborn more.
    no just live and let live

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

stanley 2 wrote: »

Really....

I am not convinced YD would 'let me live' as I am already born and have a womb and if this womb was inhabited against my will then my right to live would become secondary in YD's world.

Really....

I am not convinced YD would 'let me live' as I am already born and have a womb and if this womb was inhabited against my will then my right to live would become secondary in YD's world.

this is not as you call it YD S world it is your world and your childs world .
    i have no more right to kill my child than i do to kill my parents

this is not as you call it YD S world it is your world and your childs world .
    i have no more right to kill my child than i do to kill my parents

Agreed.

But we are not talking about a Child - we are talking about a clump of cells that has the potential to eventually possibly become a child.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Considering YD are opposed to women having the choice to have an abortion, they definitely do not fall under the category of "live and let live".

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

This is probably the closer category.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

If only YD would do the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Aha. Oh, you don't know much about Youth Defence, do you? Or you do, and you're pretending they don't happily maintain links with fascist sociopaths.

Agreed.

But we are not talking about a Child - we are talking about a clump of cells that has the potential to eventually possibly become a child.
    this is the crux of the matter when did your child become unique
    for good or bad no child could become or was the same to me thats at conception .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

for good or bad no child could become or was the same to me thats at conception .

Que? :confused:

• Advertisement

That is a unique way of putting it - what does it mean?

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

endacl wrote: »
    Que? :confused:
    I presume stanley is saying that a unique child comes into existence at conception.

We'll just overlook twins/triplets etc.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

no child could become or was the same to me thats at conception .

So what? Most people have a pretty huge range of unique potential children.....
    All chickens are unique too. Maybe you've just eaten THE ONE chicken that could have cracked that whole "which came first - chicken or egg?" dilemma.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

If everyone's unique then no one's unique surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Obliq wrote: »
    So what? Most people have a pretty huge range of unique potential children.....
    All chickens are unique too. Maybe you've just eaten THE ONE chicken that could have cracked that whole "which came first - chicken or egg?" dilemma.

OMG what if ze godz decide to come back as a chicken and i just ate him in a Ceaser salad :eek:

lazygal wrote: »

Ah-ha!

lazygal wrote: »

No because we are all individual...

bumper234 wrote: »
    OMG what if ze godz decide to come back as a chicken and i just ate him in a Ceaser salad :eek:

Gosh, what'd be the odds on that? Hmm. On the safe side, you'd better save the resulting *ahem* remains, give it a decent burial and immediately elevate the status of your fridge to a make-shift alter for the 1/2 dozen eggs you bought, in the mistaken belief that they were a potential food source. Candles will help.

Gosh, what'd be the odds on that? Hmm. On the safe side, you'd better save the resulting *ahem* remains, give it a decent burial and immediately elevate the status of your fridge to a make-shift alter for the 1/2 dozen eggs you bought, in the mistaken belief that they were a potential food source. Candles will help.

Hmmmm now that you mention it if i squint really hard and look at one of the eggs through a net curtain i can see the face of the baby Jeebus, Do you think people would pay to come see this if i set up a shrine in my garden shed?

Hmmmm now that you mention it if i squint really hard and look at one of the eggs through a net curtain i can see the face of the baby Jeebus, Do you think people would pay to come see this if i set up a shrine in my garden shed?

Yes. Yes, I do.

• Advertisement

By which you mean:

'I should set up a shrine on this site so the Faithful can come and venerate this Holy relic (tm). In order to facilitate the multitudes some small fee may be required to fund amenities.'

Edit - Oh, and you should make Holy merchandise available too to help fund even better amenities.

Yes. Yes, I do.

Whoohoo soon i will be as rich as the POPE:eek:

Whoohoo soon i will be as rich as the POPE:eek:

"Every egg, a life". Jeebus appeared upon an egg and spoke these words to you.....don't let anyone tell you different mate, you know what you heard.

By which you mean:

'I should set up a shrine on this site so the Faithful can come and venerate this Holy relic (tm). In order to facilitate the multitudes some small fee may be required to fund amenities.'

Edit - Oh, and you should make Holy merchandise available too to help fund even better amenities.

Kneeling cushions depicting the great cock in the sky, omelet pans for symbolising how eggs have died for your sins, whisks for flagellation.....the list is endless.

Kneeling cushions depicting the great cock in the sky, omelet pans for symbolising how eggs have died for your sins, whisks for flagellation.....the list is endless.

Fabergé Egg Icons*

*I am hereby registering that idea as my intellectual property.

Damn, was similarly going to claim rights on the whisk idea, but it seems Egg Beater Jesus is a thing already.

l.jpg

edit: Shall not search for "cock on a cushion" in google ever again...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,920 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Eggbeater Anarchist Jesus...

Life ain't always empty.

Advertisement