Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things youth defence hates..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I've had more intellectually engaging discussions with a soggy biscuit. It also seems to have better grammar, too. :pac:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I've had more intellectually engaging discussions with a soggy biscuit. It also seems to have better grammar, too. :pac:

What kind of biscuit?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,494 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    What kind of biscuit?
    Don't look it up

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

What kind of biscuit?

That wasn't the question that sprang to my mind. But yes, that'll do....

28064212 wrote: »
    Don't look it up

Unfortunately didn't have to...

Trying to eat a v.late dinner here people. Biscuits not involved.

• Advertisement

Obliq wrote: »
    Unfortunately didn't have to...

Trying to eat a v.late dinner here people. Biscuits not involved.

I just had the most amazing dinner made from left-overs and stuff that had to used or binned - with added garlic, chili and fresh ground black pepper. :D

No biscuits were involved.

I just had the most amazing dinner made from left-overs and stuff that had to used or binned - with added garlic, chili and fresh ground black pepper. :D

No biscuits were involved.

Left over bollognaise here, mmmm - always better a few days old, with Parmesan and chilli flakes :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

I had soup and a sandwich as i was too lazy to cook.

No biscuits were harmed in the making of my dinner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

I like a Garibaldi so I do, but I'm a weirdo.

What kind of biscuit?

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of eating the last two of the latest batch of M&S biscuits wot my Mammy bought* - chocolate chip - my treat for taking 3 mad jack russells for a walk.

*If memory serves it was my casually mentioning of being engaged in the consumption of some of my Mammy's occasional gift of fancy biscuits from M&S in some thread of other which was one of the catalysts for this whole biscuit tangent. Please accept my apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

I'm thinking of eating the last two of the latest batch of M&S biscuits wot my Mammy bought* - chocolate chip - my treat for taking 3 mad jack russells for a walk.

*If memory serves it was my casually mentioning of being engaged in the consumption of some of my Mammy's occasional gift of fancy biscuits from M&S in some thread of other which was one of the catalysts for this whole biscuit tangent. Please accept my apologies.

Are these not FORBIDDEN THINGS?!?!?!?!?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Nodin wrote: »
    Are these not FORBIDDEN THINGS?!?!?!?!?
    Rumors persist that chocolate was forbidden to Aztec wimmins owing to its allegedly aphrodisiacal properties.

robindch wrote: »
    Rumors persist that chocolate was forbidden to Aztec wimmins owing to its allegedly aphrodisiacal properties.

and carbs are forbidden to diabetics - ooooohhhh I feel soooo naughty now.

:D

*giggle*

.........may be on a glucose high......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

and carbs are forbidden to diabetics - ooooohhhh I feel soooo naughty now.

:D

*giggle*

.........may be on a glucose high......

...some person I've never met is sitting there somewhere eating choccie biccies. Biccies I've denied myself for months. It's wrong, wrong, tasty, wrong. Christ be with the days ye could send them to a feckin convent....probably more biccies in the convent now...Vatican II liberal crap....

Nodin wrote: »
    ...some person I've never met is sitting there somewhere eating choccie biccies. Biccies I've denied myself for months. It's wrong, wrong, tasty, wrong. Christ be with the days ye could send them to a feckin convent....probably more biccies in the convent now...Vatican II liberal crap....

I was in a convent once. It was a compulsory school retreat. I was asked to leave and never darken their door again before I even had a chance to dunk my stale Marietta in my cup of tepid weak tea. Bitches.

The bikkies are alllllllllll gone. :D
    They were loverly, and there were three not two. Yum Yum YUM.

robindch wrote: »

Thankfully i am a MAN (cue dramatic dun dun duuuunnnnn music ) and therefore i am allowed to eat these and any other biscuits that i like because as a MAN (cue choirs of angels) we don't care what others think :D

On a lighter note if you are a jaffa cake fan you should check out the oh so wrong but oh so right CHERRY jaffa cakes in Lidl. Nom nom nom nom :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,238 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Bloody typical. I finally find the current biscuit thread and there's somebody here already, wittering on about Jaffa cakes. Jaffa cakes are the Jehovah's witnesses of the biscuit (and I apply that term under protest) world. Always turning up uninvited. Impossible to get rid of. Only good use for a jaffa cake is as a doorstop...

:)

endacl wrote: »
    Bloody typical. I finally find the current biscuit thread and there's somebody here already, wittering on about Jaffa cakes. Jaffa cakes are the Jehovah's witnesses of the biscuit (and I apply that term under protest) world. Always turning up uninvited. Impossible to get rid of. Only good use for a jaffa cake is as a doorstop...

:)

Oh look the snobby rich tea brigade have turned up to ruin the fun :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I have to be the only person in the world who prefers raisins to chocolate chips in biscuits. They're just so chewy.

• Advertisement

kylith wrote: »
    I have to be the only person in the world who prefers raisins to chocolate chips in biscuits. They're just so chewy.

Nope, same here. Except these days they get stuck in my broken back teeth. Who mentioned garibaldi a while back? I love them, but they're hard to get. Aldi's version don't even come close - they have that horrible fake fruit flavour added to the real raisins. WHY people, WHY??!

Can't stand chocolate biccies. Or chocolate ice-cream. And especially, dark chocolate. Dreadful stuffs.

Though I don't half mind those Ferrero Raffaello Coconut Cream, uh, Balls:

267028.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Didn't take you for a conspiracy theorist.

Hardly a conspiracy theory. As I said previously,

There's smear tactics, fall guys, dirty tricks, agent provocateurs, internal espionage.

How best to garner public sentimentality? This sort of thing is universal and not just confined to a bunch of desperately unhappy fanatics like YD.

You can add "Responding to Standards in Public Office" to the list in the OP. link

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

We can all agree, Rich Teas with butter on them at 3 in the morning. Greatest Thing.

We can all agree, Rich Teas with butter on them at 3 in the morning. Greatest Thing.

What???

jesus-says-meme-generator-jesus-says-that-s-wrong-dog-66b6a8.jpg

Do you know what happens when you dunk a Rich Tea with butter?

//gags

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

You don't dunk them with butter. You spread butter on top of them and boy is it delicious!

I had a vague memory from childhood that these were the Greatest Thing. Then I tried one. Then I made OH try one as she had a similar memory.
    We then had a discussion about how stuff that we thought was 'Greatest Thing' to eat as kids turn out to be mank when consumed by one's adult self.

Except 'raw' sponge cake mix - that's still put the grandkids to bed for madey-up crimes just to have it all for oneself....or so I have heard.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Digestive covered in Philadelphia. /win

Advertisement