Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things youth defence hates..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Aiel wrote: »
    So Youth Defence are hateful eh? They've had poo and urine sprayed on their offices and cars. They've been followed home and had poo etc put through their letter boxes. Had eggs, rocks and fish thrown at them. Vile letters sent to their homes and offices and nuisance (sp) phone calls at all hours of the night. I find it very ironic that they are called hateful etc when what is being done to them is extremely hateful.I know 2 wrong's don't make a right but there is also 2 sides to every story!!
    You're confused pet, calling peoples houses, hanging around outside, sending vile messages, threatening people, harrassing politicians are what YD has done to other people. Last I heard it was reported that a member of YD had put the faeces on their headquarters in order to try drum up public sympathy.
    robindch wrote: »
    I'm not sure the Vatican permits withdrawal -- though I'm willing to be proved wrong on that.

The Vatican does permit, probably for fairly obvious reasons, the unreliable rhythm method which is still known as Vatican Roulette amongst people of a certain generation.

I was sure I'd heard somewhere that the advice given was 'at the point of orgasm, withdraw', but I'm open to being corrected. I never had to worry too much about the Vatican's stance on sex, I was a contraceptive using atheist by the time I started having sex.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Aiel

That made me laugh that they sprayed poo on their own doors. Who the hell would do that to themselves??A ridiculous allegation. There is allegations against both sides but of course lets just list YD and not allegations about whats being done to them, that seems fair:rolleyes:.
    Their website was also hacked on numerous occasions in the last few months at crucial times in the debate too I might add, coincidence?? I suppose they did that themselves to deny the public access to information about Abortion.They were promoting their website in road-shows around the country and then they go and make it look like its hacked so people cant get information, ya that seems very plausible:rolleyes:. Thanks for giving me a chuckle today:).

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

That made me laugh that they sprayed poo on their own doors. Who the hell would do that to themselves??A ridiculous allegation. There is allegations against both sides but of course lets just list YD and not allegations about whats being done to them, that seems fair:rolleyes:.
    Their website was also hacked on numerous occasions in the last few months at crucial times in the debate too I might add, coincidence?? I suppose they did that themselves to deny the public access to information about Abortion.They were promoting their website in road-shows around the country and then they go and make it look like its hacked so people cant get information, ya that seems very plausible:rolleyes:. Thanks for giving me a chuckle today:).

Gosh - what a lot of emoticons. Reminds me of someone who used to hang around these here parts a while back spouting the YD line in 'information'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

That made me laugh that they sprayed poo on their own doors. Who the hell would do that to themselves??

Nutters would. Nutters desperate for attention like, say, Youth Defence.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

You've never heard about smear tactics, fall guys, dirty tricks, agent provocateurs, internal espionage?

How best to garner public sentimentality? You can chortle all you want but this sort of thing is universal and not just confined to a bunch of desperately unhappy fanatics like YD.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

No pro-choice has to do anything to show up YD,

YD do an excellent job by themselves showing themselves up, twisting information and facts and generally showing their ignorance and their stance of silencing anybody that says anything they don't like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

You do realise this is the same people that park an anti abortion sign outside of a rape crisis center and then claims that it was just stuck in "traffic" when the picture clearly shows that the van itself was the only traffic there?

Trying to put logic with youth defense, now that made me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

Was that hacking the one that replaced their website with links to detailed descriptions of their fascist links or am I thinking of something else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

That made me laugh that they sprayed poo on their own doors. Who the hell would do that to themselves??.......

When you look at the range of loonytunes all using that address, I think you'll have your answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Looks like Youth Defence aren't too fond of paragraphs or apostrophes either.

Emoticons are clearly fine, though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Sarky wrote: »

Emoticons are clearly fine, though.

Well they have always tried to play on peoples emotions so nothing new there:D
    I see he/she never mentioned the video of the 2 YD guys following the lads in the Anonymous masks into the carpark with the intent of attacking/unmasking them on video so they could out them. Classy YD tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

I'd say that people who would send death threats to politicians wouldn't have much of a problem wiping some s.hit on their own doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stanley 2

lazygal wrote: »
    Youth Defence, a lovely bunch of lads. Very Christian and compassionate.

same thing was said about slavery aboliginists not so long ago

stanley 2 wrote: »

Attempt to claim the high moral ground epic fail.

If one was going to try and draw a comparison between YD and some organisation which existed in the past may I suggest the Inquisition may be a better fit - or Witch Finders....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Oooh, another driveby. What does this one mean? Aborigines? Monoginists? Abortionists?... The last one's vaguely on-topic I guess. What's a slavery abortionist?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Bannasidhe wrote: »

If one was going to try and draw a comparison between YD and some organisation which existed in the past may I suggest the Inquisition may be a better fit - or Witch Finders....

I'm sticking with contemporary comparisons, myself. The Irish Taliban, I calls 'em :D

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

robindch wrote: »
    From reports I read some while ago, I gather there were suspicions that YD operatives had done that themselves in order to smear -- please forgive the use of the term -- the pro-choice side.

I didn't see the those reports receive much coverage and I don't know what ultimately happened to them, but given the general tone of YD's activities in this country, at the very least, these suspicions are plausible.

Didn't take you for a conspiracy theorist.

pro choice slavers did said the same history repeats itself

Perhaps if you attempted to use punctuation in your communications I may have some hope of understanding what on Earth you are on about...

In the meantime - What? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Called it. :cool:

• Advertisement

Called it. :cool:

and long may they continue to produce badly written drivel which is so lacking in basic grammar or punctuation that no one bothers to even try and understand what they are on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

The church used to burn women at the stake accusing them of witchcraft what's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Link?

bumper234 wrote: »
    The church used to burn women at the stake accusing them of witchcraft what's your point?

2 wrongs dont make a right thats my point

Perhaps if you attempted to use punctuation in your communications I may have some hope of understanding what on Earth you are on about...

In the meantime - What? :confused:

if i did i couldnt get intelegent people like yourself to repeat my point thanks

if i did i couldnt get intelegent people like yourself to repeat my point thanks

What? :confused:

Any chance we could speak to Stanley 1?

What? :confused:

Any chance we could speak to Stanley 1?

your grasping at straws there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Erm, we all genuinely want to hear what you have to say. It's just not very coherent at moment.

More gasping at lack of coherence tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,371 ✭✭✭Obliq

More gasping at lack of coherence tbh.

Poor Stanley. I'm sure HE knows what he means....

I haven't yet deciphered a single one of his sentences into a relevant point. Stanley, are you ok? Maybe try and write out the point you're making on a piece of paper first. THEN type it. Best of luck now :)

Advertisement