Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'd see that as a weak team tbh, Ruddy won't keep many clean sheets, if any. Begovic isn't 100% guaranteed his place (although I think he will start).

Rafael and Jenkinson aren't guaranteed starters, far from it. Scholes will be rotated given his age, Ramsey could be rotated and god knows how Sigurdsson is going to fit in at Spurs.

Sorry to be critical but that's my opinion. I could be completely wrong but I always try and stick to players guaranteed to start and you've too many players there who aren't.

Its cool, that is why I put it up there

I was thinking of using tevez (started today against arsenal ) instead of aguero which would free up cash to upgrade , scholes to carrick, ramsey to song then jenkinson to gibbs or someone else sagna is injured not sure who will replace him or maybe a sunderland defender

Also then replace a keeper with foster/mignolet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Did this for myself but might as well let you guys make use of it:

derewego.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

Would appreciate a comparison between my 1st and 2nd draft:

1st

GK: Krul, Minolet
    DF: Walker, Fabio, Cole, Gorkss, McCartney
    MF: Kagawa, Hazard, Pienaar, Larsson, Frei
    FW: Rooney, Aguero, Pogrebnyak

All money spent

bb01e8aabacdfc5423ec0caabd199399.png

Vs.

2nd

GK: Krul, Jasskelainen
    DF: Coloccini, Fabio, Cole, Shawcross, Demel
    MF: Kagawa, Hazard, Pienaar, Michu, Noble
    FW: Torres, Aguero, Pogrebnyak

2.5M left to spend. I've set aside 2M for Rooney after GW1 most likely but would welcome how to use that extra 0.5M!

43b647c873d169ad0d2c02741e3072ba.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

G.K. wrote: »
    Did this for myself but might as well let you guys make use of it:

derewego.png

Whoa whoa whoa hold on....... it's the top 7 but Liverpool are in it? Need I remind you who finished 7th last season? :pac: Seriously though, great info there. Spurs, to me, have the best fixtures. But that's only because they can take advantage of their good fixtures. West Ham also have a neat run but even with good fixtures they won't capitalize on them because they're not a great team.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Shane732 wrote: »
    First draft:

team1f.jpg

Mignolet/Jaaskelainen
    Clichy/Cole A/Fabio.Kelly/Rafael
    Nasri/Hazard/Cabaye/Pienaar/Kagawa
    Torres/Podolski/Pogrebnyak

£0.0m left in the bank with that team. Ideally I want to free up some cash so I can upgrade Torres after week 1 to Rooney/Aguero etc...

Opinions?

Would appreciate your opinions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I would be hesitant about selecting Clichy, Rafael, Nasri and Podolski.

I don't think Clichy or Rafael are 100% to start (although it's likely they will start a lot of games). I would downgrade Rafael to someone for 5.0 (Colocini?) and upgrade Clichy to Lescott.

I don't think Nasri or Podolski are likely to start either. Definately Podolski. Bent would be a better choice. I also think there's better options than Nasri, he's frequently rotated. I'd go for Yaya (or Sess) over him, and that would save you .5 for future upgrades.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

have to agree. Not too sure on Nasri. Bad euros, Think Rafael will play for QPR, just not too sure how many clean sheets..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

have to agree. Not too sure on Nasri. Bad euros, Think Rafael will play for QPR, just not too sure how many clean sheets..

Fabio is playing for QPR.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

It's a good team, but I would get a better keeper than Mignolet - Reina is only 6.0 so you could get him. Otherwise, its very balanced.

No guarantee he does play.... but he is part of the squad if thats what you mean.....
    AS i said... think he will play..... just not too sure on the clean sheets.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

You will have to sacrifice somewhere to upgrade Torres, and the likelihood is that you will need to. His goal scoring record has never been prolific and if it wasn't for the DGW, he wouldn't be next or near my team. His movement is still good tho and he will create lots of space for those behind him, hazard lampard etc. Midfield seems overloaded a bit; maybe downgrading Cabaye, Hazard or Nasri would free up funds. Wouldn't put too much faith in Rafael either, he's a yellow card magnet and Jones can play RB too. looks fine apart from that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

FatRat wrote: »
    Whoa whoa whoa hold on....... it's the top 7 but Liverpool are in it? Need I remind you who finished 7th last season? :pac:

Thought someone would call me out on that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Rafeal scored for Brazil the other night. he did play a lot of games last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Opinions on the following? Obvious flaw at the moment is a lack of City players. Very rough draft, haven't looked at opening fixtures yet etc.
    draft28712.png

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Degag wrote: »
    Opinions on the following? Obvious flaw at the moment is a lack of City players. Very rough draft, haven't looked at opening fixtures yet etc.
    draft28712.png
    Dawson won't play for Spurs and at 5m i think you are better off getting in a cheaper defender which woulkd enable you to upgrade somewhere else.
    Also I wouldn't go near Lennon better off going for someone like Nolan, Maloney etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

hupskip wrote: »
    Dawson won't play for Spurs and at 5m i think you are better off getting in a cheaper defender which woulkd enable you to upgrade somewhere else.
    Also I wouldn't go near Lennon better off going for someone like Nolan, Maloney etc.

Thought Dawson was first choice but is just usually injured. Same with Lennon, he's a prety good fpl player when he's fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

AVB came out a few days ago and said he's thinking of making Dawson the new captain ! He must have plans for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Need some advice:

Begovic - probably be my first choice most weeks
    Ruddy - not so happy, any better options at 4.5 or any starting GKs at 4.0?

Rafael - first choice at least until smalling is back?
    C Cole
    Jenkinson - first choice while sagna is injured?
    Lowton - will he play aheas of hutton? think villa should be solid enough this season
    Ceullar - think he'll play esp if browns injured. good solid team

Valencia
    Mata
    Sessegnon
    Frei - will he get more gametime than last year?
    El ahmadi - really dont know who else to go for with 4.5

Cisse
    Rooney
    Bent - think villa should be better this season and could be a machine.

Dont really want to carry players who wont play every week, but normally play the wildcard in the international break so as long as the team is good for the first few weeks id be happy enough. prob will play a 4-3-3 so ill have one defender and two mids on my bench most weeks. any advice appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

What's the story on this lad Clyne for Southampton? Will he start in their defence or midfield? ( I heard he's playing int he middle for them) Or will he start at all? He's down as a defender for 4.0 and currently in my team until I find out more about him. Here's my team anyway as of last night. Probably around my 5th draft:

j5i4pf.png

I really need opinions on it. McLean might be moved out. I also might swap Clichy for Zabaleta if Zabaleta nails on a spot. Also might have to reconsider Kboul if it'll be Dawson and Vert in centre defense for Spurs. Otherwise I'm happy. I'm thinking of taking a punt on Torres for the first GW like moset are doing. And keep 2.0 in the bank at the ready to swap for Rooney if need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Begovic
    ----Clichy--Cole A--Ferdinand
    Sessegnon--Kagawa--Guthrie--Mata
    ---Pogrebnyak--Torres--Tevez

Mignolet--Coloccini--Cabaye--Upson

That's where I'm at at the minute, more than likely going to make a few changes between now and the start of the season though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

RMT!

draft.jpg

I want Bale instead of Hazard but starting with the Chelsea man for obvious reasons, can transfer in later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Panthro wrote: »

Begovic
    ----Clichy--Cole A--Ferdinand
    Sessegnon--Kagawa--Guthrie--Mata
    ---Pogrebnyak--Torres--Tevez

Mignolet--Coloccini--Cabaye--Upson

That's where I'm at at the minute, more than likely going to make a few changes between now and the start of the season though.

Your mad having Cabaye on the bench . 7 million sitting on the bench .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Your mad having Cabaye on the bench . 7 million sitting on the bench .

That's just for the first gameweek, Guthrie is on a double gameweek for the first gameweek so he's getting the nod ahead of Cabaye.
    Other than that, Cabaye would be a starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Anyone have any opinions on my team?

0d0054b1ed6990b47f5eebb5508b20c6.png?1343526096
    Begovic
    Fabio - Lescott - Kaboul
    Silva - Hazard (vc) - Kagawa - Michu
    The Pog - Torres (c) - Bent

Subs: Al Habsi, McClean, Rafael, Dawson

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

It's a good team. Feel free to rate mine, it has a number of similar players:

teamok.jpg

I may change Coloiccini to Ciaran Clark later but the team is sold - of course this is my fifth draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭holuc

Well Lads,

Really looking forward to this season!!

Just put my team together this morning. Any thoughts are greatly received.

Gk's; Friedel, Begovic
    Def; Kompany, Clark, Koscielny, Cuellar, Rafael
    Mid; Hazard, Gibson, Pienaar,Michu, Kagawa
    For; Aguero, Torres, Pogs

Thanks lads.;)

reasonably happy... would like opinions on changes.

de gea, jaaskelainen
    rafael(manu), lescott, a. cole, Mccarthy, cuellar.
    nasri, maloney, harard, pienaar, nolan,
    bent, torres, pogrebnyak.

(3.5 in bank to do changes, bring in roonet for torres after week 1)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

De Gea

Harte Cole Lescott Walker

Hazard Bale Yaya Toure Nolan

Pogrebnyak Aguero

Subs: Begovic, Taylor(Swansea), Frei, Lambert

Anyone know if Frei will be a regular for Fulham? From what I have seen of him he looks very good

Changed to this

Begovic

Harte Ivanovic Lescott Cole

Hazard Bale Yaya Kagawa

Pogrebnyak Tevez

Subs: Friedel, Frei, Lambert, Rafael

Any opinions on which team is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Changed to this

Begovic

Hazard Bale Yaya Kagawa

Pogrebnyak Tevez

Would worry you have too much weighted towards the backline, Ivanovic 6.5, cole 6.5, lescott 6.5 and rafeal 5.5. Thats a quarter of your budget on those four, maybe downgrade one or two and upgrade your strikers, wouldnt like to be depending on pog or lambert to be my second striker. just the way i like to play it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Changed to this

Begovic

Hazard Bale Yaya Kagawa

Pogrebnyak Tevez

Like the look of it. just remember southamptons seasons doesn't start till GW4 or 5

Advertisement