Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

2 newcastle defenders and a newcastle keeper?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

I'm no expert, but I think you have too many Newcastle players at the back. Half of your back 6 (effectively, as Cerny won't play at all) are Newcastle players.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

weak team imo. two Swansea mids I don't expect to score much ff-wise, and too heavily loaded with Newcastle defenders

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

manual_man wrote: »
    Fulham have 2 of first 4 games at home. H/A/A/H

Argh, someone posted a spreadsheet they made full of fixtures, and they had the West Ham game down as home. May have to rethink now (and be less lazy and make my own spreadsheet).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

7677957496_8467b9e761.jpg

Name|Pos|Cost
    Jasskelainen|GK|4.5
    Ruddy|GK|4.5
    Cole A|Def|6.5
    Terry|Def|7.0
    Williams|Def|5.0
    Evra|Def|7.0
    Shawcross|Def|5.0
    Colback|Mid|5.0
    Sinclair|Mid|7.0
    Kagawa|Mid|8.5
    Nolan|Mid|6.0
    Walters|Mid|6.5
    Torres|For|10.0
    Vaz Te|For|5.5
    Cisse|For|9.5

Any thoughts/opinions?

Have 2.5 left to transfer in Rooney for Torres after DGW.
    I might also bring in Kompany for Terry too.

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »

Name|Pos|Cost
    Jasskelainen|GK|4.5
    Ruddy|GK|4.5
    Cole A|Def|6.5
    Terry|Def|7.0
    Williams|Def|5.0
    Evra|Def|7.0
    Shawcross|Def|5.0
    Colback|Mid|5.0
    Sinclair|Mid|7.0
    Kagawa|Mid|8.5
    Nolan|Mid|6.0
    Walters|Mid|6.5
    Torres|For|10.0
    Vaz Te|For|5.5
    Cisse|For|9.5

Any thoughts/opinions?

Have 2.5 left to transfer in Rooney for Torres after DGW.
    I might also bring in Kompany for Terry too.

Way too much spent in defence, IMO. I'd get Lescott and Colccini in for Terry and Evra, then wait to see whether Jones or Rafael are regulars for United. Evra has been pretty poor for the last year or so. 7m seems way too much for him.

I'd also look for a 4m or 4.5m defender or two, since you're never likely to play a full back 5 anyway.

Then, using the money you'll save there, the likes of Sessegon, Pienaar, and Larsson could really improve your midfield. I think Noble would be a better 5m MF than Colback, which would then let you upgrade Nolan to one of those mentioned above.

I guess the MF options are a matter of personal preference, but I think everyone will tell you to lower your spending in defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

Hey all, any comments welcome; waiting to see if Pienaar plays at Everton;

DDG
    Jaaskeleinen

Lescott
    Hangeland
    STaylor
    Shawcross
    Cuellar

Sessegnon
    Toure
    Walters
    Pienaar
    Noble

Rooney
    Aguero
    Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

carlcon wrote: »
    Evra has been pretty poor of the last year or so.

Highest scoring defender in the game last year :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

8-10 wrote: »
    With the help of Evans, Smalling, Jones and Rio covering his arse.

EDIT: And Vidic at the start of the season.

The only positive thing he did was not get injured. If anyone else in the United back line remained fit for more than 20mins, they'd be up there too. He benefited from the work of others.

It's pretty well-known he's been playing poorly for the last while. Pretty much any other United or City defender who remains fit and playing will out-score him. Which is why I suggested Lescott, along with waiting to see if Jones or Rafael are given starting roles. All of them can produce goals, unlike Evra, while saving cash for elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

LostBoy101 wrote: »

Last I checked they are still Utd players this season, so Evra isn't a bad option. :pac:

Whatever about his performances on the pitch, he is good for fantasy football. Plays pretty much every game, barely ever gets injured, chips in with a few assists, plenty of clean sheets...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

LostBoy101 wrote: »

Does that mean he was pretty poor? We're talking FPL here, not critiquing his game. I could care less if he ran around backwards if he's in my team scoring more points than anyone else. Just thought it was misleading advice that's all.

I'd say something like "I don't expect him to score as highly this season as last", or something more objective like that, because it does not make sense to say he was poor the last year if he clearly wasn't (in FPL terms)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Argh, someone posted a spreadsheet they made full of fixtures, and they had the West Ham game down as home. May have to rethink now (and be less lazy and make my own spreadsheet).

Also i dont know if you seen it but its being reported today that Dempsey has not travelled with Fulham to their training camp in Switzerland in hope of ''forcing a move to Liverpool''.

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Also i dont know if you seen it but its being reported today that Dempsey has not travelled with Fulham to their training camp in Switzerland in hope of ''forcing a move to Liverpool''.

I honestly don't think there could be any other piece of news that would remove a player from my team more quickly. :p

Hazard it is!

Evra has been pretty poor of the last year or so.

I wouldn't expect that to continue, United were ravaged by injuries last year, a fit Vidic, Johnny Evans playing all the season would have outscored him even i think :pac: I also heard alot of United fans saying he was their worst defender last year, that and the fact they seem to be looking to buy another lb...

Fulham have 2 of first 4 games at home. H/A/A/H

there was a few mistakes on it in that regard... there should be newspapers out soon with a full pull-out fixtures-wise. fair play to GK with the spreadsheet anyway. good initiative

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I wouldn't expect that to continue, United were ravaged by injuries last year, a fit Vidic, Johnny Evans playing all the season would have outscored him even i think :pac: I also heard alot of United fans saying he was their worst defender last year, that and the fact they seem to be looking to buy another lb...

Evra was dreadful but he's there to stay for another season. I can't see Baines being signed, or any other LB really. The only other LB cover at the club has either been sold (Fryers) or sent on loan (Fabio).

If he stays fit he'll start every game. I wouldn't go near him though. Way too expensive and Fergie himself is more of a goal threat.

Evra was dreadful but he's there to stay for another season. I can't see Baines being signed, or any other LB really. The only other LB cover at the club has either been sold (Fryers) or sent on loan (Fabio).

If he stays fit he'll start every game. I wouldn't go near him though. Way too expensive and Fergie himself is more of a goal threat.

I'll be keeping a very close eye on Rafael. Away at the Olympics now (and by all accounts playing very well). Give him a game or 2 and if he's playing, get him straight in...

just occurred to me rafael could also be considered on the left as well as the right, maybe that's Fergie's thinking, since Jones and Elijah Price a.k.a. Mr. Chris Smalling can also play at rb

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I'll be keeping a very close eye on Rafael. Away at the Olympics now (and by all accounts playing very well). Give him a game or 2 and if he's playing, get him straight in...

If he nails a starting place (I think he should/has to be first choice) then he could be the new Jonny Evans. He's at a great price in one of the best defences in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Ya any idea where that spreadsheet was ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Bigtoe107

team31072012.png

I'm nearing my final draft, I have doubts about a few such as Fabio, Frei and Jenkinson but in all I think the team is ok. The only major problem could be if Tevez throws another wobbler and stops playing. Any opinions welcome good or bad.

capture_18-1.jpg

what ye think fellas? Baldock is just a filler, looking at getting one of Nani/Kagawa/Valencia and Rafael also after a gameweek or 3 if they look like regular starters

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Right ive pricked about for too long now, leaving it at this with a view to changing Torres for Cisse after gameweek 1! Still not happy with Yaya Toure but he did score in one of there pre season games so he could come up with the goods! Will just have to wait and see, roll on the new season!

captureaye.jpg

captureaye.jpg

by no means a bad team, but a couple of things i'd look at. Allen is a quality player by all means, but i'm not sure he cuts it in ff-terms... Liverpool move or no... Noble seems the best cut-price mid for me, or possibly Maloney. Also, i think you're wasting your time with Caulker. I could be proved wrong, but i think Vertonghen/Dawson will be the preferred partnership... Alot of people are picking Torres (alot probably for the dgw), personally i'm not going anywhere near him, his record at Chelsea is abysmal, and even if he had a decent Euros, i just don't think he's happy in the PL. Of course if he goes and scores a rake in the dgw that's egg on your face if you don't pick him, i'm just not willing to take that risk. also bear in mind if you intend to ship him out straight after that that's one transfer you can't use elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭Nozebleed

right lads..what do you think of these? im going with one or the other...not sure what to do.

1. ff_14.jpg

2. ff2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Nozebleed wrote: »
    right lads..what do you think of these? im going with one or the other...not sure what to do.

1. ff_14.jpg

2. ff2.jpg

I'm not a fan of either team but the second is the better of the two.

Defoe is a very dodgy pick. Spurs are almost certain to sign a striker and play that signing up front with two wingers.

I'd wait and see where Gerrard plays before even considering him and Liverpool's fixtures are rough. You need some City and United in there. I'd be very wary going into the season without Rooney or Aguero and with no obvious route to getting them.

Your defence as a whole looks a little weak too tbh. My advice is have a bit of a rethink.

@manual man I'm really not a fan of the Baldock idea. I'd much rather have a mid as a filler if necessary as it takes less cash to upgrade them to a decent option.

@grohly true but it's about the balance. i'm concerned about getting off to a good start, i'll probably look at strikers up to 6m after a few weeks, none really jump out at me at the moment. i would have picked Lambert to start out with, but their opening fixtures are kack. will be keeping an eye on him and others as the weeks go on

After 22 pages of rating teams, I think that's the first time I've seen someone with a Liverpool player, yet alone 2. Suarez will always be a danger, and will score big on the odd week, but for me, he'll never be a consistent scorer. If there were points for running past 7 players then missing the target, I'd captain him every week, but otherwise a poor finisher. Needs too many chances, IMO.

As for Gerrard, I can't see him out-scoring Dempsey, Silva, Bale, Hazard, Valencia, Walcott, or Kagawa. He'd have to be better than those to warrant that price. Even with rotation risks, I'd also mention Mata, Nani, and VDV as better options. And at the risk of naming too many players and being too "anti-Gerrard", I'd argue there are plenty of 6.5m options I'd rate over him for FF this season.

If I were you, I'd bring in someone like Pienaar for Gerrard, and use the 3m to bulk up the rest of your team. Lescott is almost a "must-have", Pogrebnyak and Graham make for great cheap strikers to have as "3rd striker", and as has already been said, you pretty much need an Aguero or Rooney in there to ensure at least 15-20 goals for the season.

Suarez could be worth a gamble though, so keeping him would be entirely down to personal preference.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Hi lads - be interested to hear your thoughts on this...

Ta!

ff.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Seems good. but Mariappa is yet to be seen as a starter and Cerny won't play

Advertisement