Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

OK, here's a more serious attempt at my team...

KucfW.png
    Jaaskelainen / Begovic

Cole / Clichy / Coloccini / Rafael /Fabio

Sessegnon / Kagawa / Silva / Kebe / Noble

Pogrebnyak / Aguero / Torres

0.5 in the bank.

The spare change can easily be used to upgrade Clichy to Lescott, but I don't think that'll be entirely necessary. I also want the Tevez nonsense to end so I can save 2.5m by replacing Aguero with him, letting me bring in Rooney for Torres after the double week.

Also want to squeeze Hazard in there. Would be a shame to miss a good DGW from him in the opener.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

de gea/ green

lescott/cole/colccinni,fabio,barnett

kagawa/silva/nolan/cabaye/britton

rooney/torres/prog

What you guys think ?

Eldoco wrote: »
    de gea/ green

lescott/cole/colccinni,fabio,barnett

kagawa/silva/nolan/cabaye/britton

rooney/torres/prog

What you guys think ?

I like it. Especially Cabaye, who could have a super season this year with not many starting with him in FF. Could be a real stand-out player for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

This is my team at the moment.

f948d97d7b2e2aed6159d5b123b72f10.png?1343326497

It looks a bit weak at the back as Jenkinson will have to be swapped out soon until Sagna returns. Harte starting place is still unknown at this stage and a good risk of rotation from Shorey. I think Fabio looks very promising and looks guaranteed to start.

I brought in Michu just for the moment and if he isn't guaranteed to start then Peanuts will come in if he moves to Everton.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Got 0.5 as spare change.

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    This is my team at the moment.

It looks a bit weak at the back as Jenkinson will have to be swapped out soon until Sagna returns. Harte starting place is still unknown at this stage and a good risk of rotation from Shorey. I think Fabio looks very promising and looks guaranteed to start.

I brought in Michu just for the moment and if he isn't guaranteed to start then Peanuts will come in if he moves to Everton.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Got 0.5 as spare change.

Would you consider Coloccini over Simpson? And maybe someone like Sessegnon over Toure?

I understand Toure's value and the kind of consistency we can expect from him, but he's rarely going to be a top FF player on any given GW. Someone like Sess, Sinclair, or Ben Arfa are likely to score more goals for similar prices, and then even the likes of Adam or Song could be assist machines for significantly cheaper if they're playing a lot.

Otherwise, I like your team a lot, and predict your bench will be very capable too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

carlcon wrote: »
    Would you consider Coloccini over Simpson? And maybe someone like Sessegnon over Toure?

I understand Toure's value and the kind of consistency we can expect from him, but he's rarely going to be a top FF player on any given GW. Someone like Sess, Sinclair, or Ben Arfa are likely to score more goals for similar prices, and then even the likes of Adam or Song could be assist machines for significantly cheaper if they're playing a lot.

Otherwise, I like your team a lot, and predict your bench will be very capable too.

Yeah, I picked Simpson based on his assist ratio last season but I can see goals in Coloccini from set pieces so I swap him for Simpson.

I picked Toure based on the fact that people expect a lot from him in FF this season and I have doubts he won't contribute that much in attacking football as I see him more of a defensive holding midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Made a few changes to my team. Happy with the Chelsea spine of Cole, Hazard and Torres (C) for the double game.

ffteam3q.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

First draft:

team1f.jpg

Mignolet/Jaaskelainen
    Clichy/Cole A/Fabio.Kelly/Rafael
    Nasri/Hazard/Cabaye/Pienaar/Kagawa
    Torres/Podolski/Pogrebnyak

£0.0m left in the bank with that team. Ideally I want to free up some cash so I can upgrade Torres after week 1 to Rooney/Aguero etc...

Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

RB100 wrote: »
    Forwards are fine. Not sure about Ramieres or Arteta. better players at that value IMO.

Clichy is rotation risk as is Simpson and nobody is sure if Mariappa will start or not

Such as? at £7mil for Ramires and £8mil for Arteta I cant really think of many to swap them with. I might swap Arteta for Cabaye which will free me up £1mil but that still leaves me only £8mil for another midfielder and the only one who stands out is Sess and id like to have chelsea cover for the dgw?

I reckon Simpson is a sound enough bet, he was in great form for Newcastle last season and played in nearly every game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Newcastle are supposedly close signing Debuchy who will replace Simpson at Rb .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Newcastle are supposedly close signing Debchy who will replace Simpson at Rb .

Debuchy? The French guy yea?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

This is my team.

?di=6134334602212

Already changed it at least 20+ times and probably even more before the start to the season. :D

P|P|CP
    Krul|Goalkeeper|£5.5
    Rudd |Goalkeeper |£4.0
    Williams |Defender |£5.0
    Jenkinson |Defender |£4.5
    Figueroa |Defender |£4.5
    Heitinga |Defender |£5.5
    Lescott |Defender |£6.5
    Silva |Midfielder |£10.0
    Hazard |Midfielder |£9.5
    Meireles |Midfielder |£6.5
    Dyer |Midfielder |£5.5
    Walters |Midfielder |£6.5
    Rooney |Forward |£12.0
    Cisse |Forward |£9.5
    Pogrebnyak |Forward |£5.0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Ok so having tinkerd around a bit more this is where im at at the moment! Still not completely happy, but then again i guess you never reeeeally are in this game!

Not sure about Toure or Allen but if i want to have Hazard in the squad this is what it takes! Would prefer to have Silva in from the start but also want chelsea cover in midfield for the dgw although is it likely anyone will play both games with the amount of midfield options they have now??

70181694.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I like it. Especially Cabaye, who could have a super season this year with not many starting with him in FF. Could be a real stand-out player for you.

You'd be surprised. He's 2nd most selected midfielder just behind Hazard. Hazard is selected by 24.4% and Cabaye is selected by 23%. It's pretty crazy too if you ask me. Cabaye is a great player but to be selected by 23% is a bit odd. I have actually seen barely any teams on here with Cabaye but he's still selected by nearly a quarter of all players. Same goes for players like Bale, Ba and Kompany. They're all very highly selected but considering their high overall selection very few of the teams on this thread have them. Just something I noticed. Probably completely useless.

To those who mentioned Debuchy, he's a fantastic player! He's a Leighton Baines type player, I'd love to see him in PL solely because of FPL. He'd be fantasy gold because he's a full back but almost seems like a winger due to the amount he goes forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

01724c9cb866763e1586c0d7cd574da5.png?1343346599

Any opinions? Still not certain on Kagawa and Harte. Not sure whether I should stick with Ferdinand or go with Cuellar, giving me an extra 1.5 to spend elsewhere.

FatRat wrote: »
    You'd be surprised. He's 2nd most selected midfielder just behind Hazard. Hazard is selected by 24.4% and Cabaye is selected by 23%. It's pretty crazy too if you ask me. Cabaye is a great player but to be selected by 23% is a bit odd. I have actually seen barely any teams on here with Cabaye but he's still selected by nearly a quarter of all players. Same goes for players like Bale, Ba and Kompany. They're all very highly selected but considering their high overall selection very few of the teams on this thread have them. Just something I noticed. Probably completely useless.

Whoa, I didn't notice that. That's crazy alright. Almost one-in-four have him, that means, which is certainly not a reflection on the teams I've seen so far. Possibly a mistake, but worth keeping an eye on anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

Iv noticed quite a few people have Fabio in their team. Im trying to figure out as to why that is? QPR dont have a strong enough centre back pairing for me to have confidence of clean sheets for points.

A potential sleeper/darkhorse for me is Moussa Dembele. Could be potential at 6 million as hes now a midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Hairy Nipples 87

My 1st draft team

Mingolet/Federici

Harte/Fox/Lescott/Cole/McCartney

Hazard/Silva/Dembele/Taarabt/Noble

Pogrebniak/Torres/Aguero

I have 2 million in the bank so i can bring in Rooney for gamweek 2 but perhaps a midfielder like Kagawa or Valencia may sway me to make my transfer elsewhere depending on Utds first game against Everton

Opinions most gratefully received..

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

yeah i was surprised by not many ppl selecting him, 7 mil good price too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I've seen Kebe from Reading in a few teams. He appears to have done his hamstring and is looking at a few weeks out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

98190060.jpg

Thoughts, anyone? Have rolled with HN87's idea of dropping Rooney down to Torres for week 1 since pic was taken.

I've not yet looked at every team's first 10 fixtures so some changes may have to be made yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Eldoco wrote: »

yeah i was surprised by not many ppl selecting him, 7 mil good price too

he could be a good buy. but for me there's so many top mids in the 8-10m range, that should comfortably outscore him, that i'm avoiding him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

any thoughts please ?

de Gea
    Bergovic

Cole A
    Shawcross
    Coloccini
    Harte
    Jenkinson

Hazard
    Sigurdsson
    McClean
    Silva
    Nolan

Ba
    Pogrebnyak
    Torres

I think de Gea, Ba and Jemkinson are possible weaknesses. I had Fabio for Jenkinson, but i cant see them keeping clean sheets too often, a little torn between Noble and Nolan and was contemplating Kagawe for Siggy, but i think i might be getting caught up in the hype

.5 in the bank

Not sure Harte will play, Reading resigned Shorey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

Miller, I don't think De Gea is a weakness. Man United tend to keep more clean sheets than 90% of other teams. I don't think he will be rotated this season either.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Lemlin wrote: »
    It's a bit top heavy. I'd try and balance it out more. You only need three decent defenders and you have those in Jones, Lescott and Cuellar. Jenkinson is a rotation doubt but worth taking a punt on. I don't know much about Bertrand.

The midfield is weak. Dyer, Robson Kanu and Guthrie are three poor midfielders and you are always going to have to play one of them.

Rooney, Aguero and Torres is probably as good as it gets but I'd be balancing the team out more and downgrading one of those to upgrade a midfielder.

Vorm in goals won't be as successful as last year IMO. I'd be changing him for Mignolet or Begovic.

Ok so made some minor changes ! what do you think peeps

Ruddy£4.5 Begovic£4.5

Rafael£5.5 Clichy£6.0 Jenkinson£4.5 Gorkss£4.0 Cole A£6.5

Scholes£5.5 Ramsey£6.0 Hazard£9.5 Yaya Toure£8.0 Sigurdsson£9.0

Torres£10.0 Aguero£11.5 Pogrebnyak£5.0

Some of these may not be guaranteed starters i.e. scholes, ramsey, jenkinson,Gorkss but I reckon I have cover for most positions

BKC wrote: »
    Miller, I don't think De Gea is a weakness. Man United tend to keep more clean sheets than 90% of other teams. I don't think he will be rotated this season either.

There's one man in that United defence who determines how many clean sheets they get, and that's Vidic. If he's fit, their entire back 5 drastically increase in value. I agree that de Gea isn't a weakness (any more), but I'd need to see a fit Vidic before I invested 6m in him.

I've seen Kebe from Reading in a few teams. He appears to have done his hamstring and is looking at a few weeks out.

I've had him purely based on the his stats from last season. Plenty of assists. I think I'll be looking to Leigertwood now instead, who was full of goals towards the end of the season.

Is Leigertwood not their DM?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

james123 wrote: »
    Ok so made some minor changes ! what do you think peeps

Ruddy£4.5 Begovic£4.5

Rafael£5.5 Clichy£6.0 Jenkinson£4.5 Gorkss£4.0 Cole A£6.5

Scholes£5.5 Ramsey£6.0 Hazard£9.5 Yaya Toure£8.0 Sigurdsson£9.0

Torres£10.0 Aguero£11.5 Pogrebnyak£5.0

Some of these may not be guaranteed starters i.e. scholes, ramsey, jenkinson,Gorkss but I reckon I have cover for most positions

I'd see that as a weak team tbh, Ruddy won't keep many clean sheets, if any. Begovic isn't 100% guaranteed his place (although I think he will start).

Rafael and Jenkinson aren't guaranteed starters, far from it. Scholes will be rotated given his age, Ramsey could be rotated and god knows how Sigurdsson is going to fit in at Spurs.

Sorry to be critical but that's my opinion. I could be completely wrong but I always try and stick to players guaranteed to start and you've too many players there who aren't.

• Advertisement

G.K. wrote: »
    Is Leigertwood not their DM?

I only saw a handful of their games myself last season towards the end, and in that time he was pretty attack minded. Could be a red herring though. I'll be looking into it before making any decisions on him.

For the time being, I've downgraded Aguero to Tevez, which means I've spare cash to upgrade my 5m MF to someone much better.

Advertisement