Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options
1565758596062»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Rory,
    If someone asked be to name the best 6 players I could have in my team for the double, you have them. Walcott is the only one I'd also consider but he is a doubt.

Surely RVP/Rooney/Berbs would rank above Sagna!

Yeah I don't want to mess with it just for the sake of it. It's just frustrating knowing that Sissoko will most likely get another 2 pointer, and any MF I bring in will most likely get at least 4-6 points just for starting both games. Reckon I'll leave it as is unless Walcott is confirmed fit.

I need to pray that the strikers above have quiet games. Twice...

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Some slight issues with my team, any advice?

De Gea

Zabaleta / Enrique / Sagna / Dawson / Demel

Silva / Mata / Walcott / Santi / Fellaini

Suarez / Berbatov / Le Fondre

When to bring in Michu? And who to get rid of to bring him in? Who of Santi / Walcott is the better option in the long run??

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Some slight issues with my team, any advice?

De Gea

Zabaleta / Enrique / Sagna / Dawson / Demel

Silva / Mata / Walcott / Santi / Fellaini

Suarez / Berbatov / Le Fondre

When to bring in Michu? And who to get rid of to bring him in? Who of Santi / Walcott is the better option in the long run??

Id keep walcott so santi or fellani prob best doing it this wk as swansea are at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Tony_Montana

Who still have double gameweeks to be confirmed?
    I know Swansea and Wigan have a dw coming up but is there more to be confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Who still have double gameweeks to be confirmed?
    I know Swansea and Wigan have a dw coming up but is there more to be confirmed?

Chelsea and City if im not mistaken

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Chelsea and City if im not mistaken

West Brom & Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Chelsea v Spurs confimed for GW36 aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Looking for opinions on this lot:

Bunn - DDG

Clichy - Dawson - Mertesacker - Wilson - Harte

Michu - Walcott - Cazorla - Lampard - Fellaini

Tevez - RVP - Ruiz

1 FT this week, 2.4m in the bank.

My rough plan at the minute is to definately do Cazorla out, Bale in this week.

I will probably bring Mata in for Walcott too, leaving me with 0.7m.

I'm thinking of doing those 2 transfers this week for a 4 point hit.

So will have 1 FT next week before the DGW, but not sure what to do with it.

Any opinions or suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭basillarkin

my advice is to leave Walcott in at all costs

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

agree potentially will play centre forward they have Qpr Gw 36 and Walcott is a great capt option at home to Wigan gw 37 3 days after wigans cup final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

My actual team :

De Gea | Cerny

Mariappa | Harte | Sagna | Shaw | Wilson |

Cazorla | Mata | Michu | Fellaini | Sissoko

Van Persie | Suarez | Berbatov

Currently with 2FT the plan is to go as follows with a 8pt hit:

OUT: Cazorla, De Gea, Shaw, Suarez
    IN: Bale, Hart, Verthongen, Kone

Then, for the DGW there is still room for 2 more players…

Any opinions/suggestions are more than welcome !

My issue is I don't want to NOT have Mata for a DGW, as I think he's returning to form. I'm reluctant to take out Lamps, as, although he's been underperforming, he also has a DGW.

Actually, my plan was to do Mata in for Walcott for the DGW, then to Walcott in for Lamps after the DGW.

But maybe I'm putting too much stock in the DGW. Maybe I should just swap Mata for Lamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭UncleChael

My issue is I don't want to NOT have Mata for a DGW, as I think he's returning to form. I'm reluctant to take out Lamps, as, although he's been underperforming, he also has a DGW.

Actually, my plan was to do Mata in for Walcott for the DGW, then to Walcott in for Lamps after the DGW.

But maybe I'm putting too much stock in the DGW. Maybe I should just swap Mata for Lamps.

Yeah I would swap out Lampard and get Mata in, with rafa's squad rotation it would be unlikely Lampard would play both games in the double gameweek anyway. Mata however could play both.

UncleChael wrote: »
    Yeah I would swap out Lampard and get Mata in, with rafa's squad rotation it would be unlikely Lampard would play both games in the double gameweek anyway. Mata however could play both.

Yeah, kind forgot that Chelsea have a midweek game this week against Basel. I might use that game to guide me.

If Lampard starts on Thursday (which he prob will, as he didn't start at the weekend), I might just take the hit and switch him to Mata this week.

If Lampard doesn't start, I think i'll hold off a week and not take a hit, as there's a good chance he would start against Swansea.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Bunn DDG

Sagna Enrique Dawson Wilson Harte

Michu Mata Gerrard Walcott Bale

Lukaku Lambert Tevez

Who to bench this week?
    What transfer for next week with .8m?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

schwarzer
    Evra Zabellta Johnson

Walters Arteta Fellani De guzman

Benteke Van Persie Defoe

Subs: Mcauley Dawson Carrick

Who do u tink i shud captain?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Henwin wrote: »
    schwarzer
    Evra Zabellta Johnson

Walters Arteta Fellani De guzman

Benteke Van Persie Defoe

Subs: Mcauley Dawson Carrick

Who do u tink i shud captain?

Bale or Mata :pac: Seriously though you should look at bringing them in. The midfield has no inform attacking players. I'd get rid of Arteta, Fellaini and Carrick for Bale, Mata and Maloney. Sell Evra too as I can see Buttner getting a few games now. That may be 12 points in hits...or even drip feed it over 2 weeks.

Although you could gamble with playing those 5 defenders for the DGW and pick one of Mata or Bale (That would be Bale) along with De Guzman for something different. Who's your other keeper along with Schwazer?

I know, its killing me not having them, couldnt afford them all season. Thing is im in a league of 3.
    im on 1653, so is my rival and he has bale and Mata.
    The other person has 1651, only 2 points between d 3 of us.
    I hate taking hits wen its so close to d finish. i was way way behind just a few weeks ago. I was tinking of goin for 'outside d box' players, and like captaining defoe. davis of southampton is my sub goalie.
    i suppose i shud buy mata or bale.
    tanks for the advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Henwin wrote: »
    I know, its killing me not having them, couldnt afford them all season. Thing is im in a league of 3.
    im on 1653, so is my rival and he has bale and Mata.
    The other person has 1651, only 2 points between d 3 of us.
    I hate taking hits wen its so close to d finish. i was way way behind just a few weeks ago. I was tinking of goin for 'outside d box' players, and like captaining defoe. davis of southampton is my sub goalie.
    i suppose i shud buy mata or bale.
    tanks for the advice.

I think you need to get Bale, that gap will widen and not in your favour more than likely if you don't. I see your predicament alright but 4-8 points is nothing compared to what Bale *could* do between now and the end. If you sell Evra and bring in a cheap 4 or 5 million defender, maybe Martin of Norwich. They have some handy fixtures. Also Carrick to Maloney should free up enough to go either Arteta/Walters/Fellaini to Bale.

You could do a hell of a lot worse than line up for the DGW with:
    Schwazer
    Dawson/Zabaleta/Mcauley
    Bale (c)/Maloney/De Guzman/Arteta
    Benteke/Defoe/RVP

Mcauley over Johnson purely for the 2 chances of a clean sheet. That's a very strong team for GW 36. 7 DGWs, Arteta plays QPR and Benteke and RVP are always a threat.

That's my 2 cents, maybe somebody else could suggest something better. No worries, it's always nice to get a fresh perspective and this forum is very helpful.

ya sold Evra and walters and bought Bale and Figueroa, thanks for the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Sorry, I don't normally ask for help but I'm desperate.

I'm second in my main money league & it's a winner takes all with no prizes for 2nd or 3rd. I've been in 2nd since Christmas & at one stage I was 125points behind first. But I've made good ground in the last few gameweeks & have got the margin down to just 5 points. I'd be in the lead now but I messed up my captain on GW35. My plan was to make Bale captain with Tevez vice & I thought I had done that. When I checked my team on Saturday afternoon I realised I had accidentally put the armband on Tevez who only got 2 so I'll be sick if I lose it by a few points. :(

Anyway could anybody advise me what to do with this, I've aready made my transfer this week.Thanks

HART (NOR H)

DAVIES (FUL H) ZABALETA (NOR H) CLYNE (STK H)

HAZARD (EVE H) COUTINHO (QPR H) BALE (SUN H) WALCOT (NEW A)

STURRIDGE (QPR H) RVP (WBA A) TEVEZ (NOR H)

SUBS: FELLAINI, SAGNA, HARTE, BUNN

Advertisement