Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Anyone have any opinions on my team?

0d0054b1ed6990b47f5eebb5508b20c6.png?1343526096
    Begovic
    Fabio - Lescott - Kaboul
    Silva - Hazard (vc) - Kagawa - Michu
    The Pog - Torres (c) - Bent

Subs: Al Habsi, McClean, Rafael, Dawson

You've a lot invested in the middle, especially on players who haven't proven themselves, you sure you're willing to risk it? I'd recommend more investment up top on players who you know will get goals like Rooney, Aguero or Cisse. I also think you need to replace one of your keepers for someone better, especially if the Sorenson/Begovic rotation continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

My latest but definitely not last attempt at the team. Opinions/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

?di=013435664178

I have 2 million left in the bank to swap out Torres for Rooney after GW1.

Table Format:
    P |P |CP |SP |PP |NR
    Krul |Goalkeeper |£5.5 |£5.5 |£5.5 |TOT (H)
    Rudd |Goalkeeper |£4.0 |£4.0 |£4.0 |FUL (A)
    Heitinga |Defender |£5.5 |£5.5 |£5.5 |MUN (H)
    Jenkinson |Defender |£4.5 |£4.5 |£4.5 |SUN (H)
    Shorey |Defender |£4.5 |£4.5 |£4.5 |STO (H), CHE (A)
    Taylor S |Defender |£5.0 |£5.0 |£5.0 |TOT (H)
    Lescott |Defender |£6.5 |£6.5 |£6.5 |SOU (H)
    Silva |Midfielder |£10.0 |£10.0 |£10.0 |SOU (H)
    Hazard |Midfielder |£9.5 |£9.5 |£9.5 |WIG (A), RDG (H)
    Meireles |Midfielder |£6.5 |£6.5 |£6.5 |WIG (A), RDG (H)
    Dyer |Midfielder |£5.5 |£5.5 |£5.5 |QPR (A)
    Walters |Midfielder |£6.5 |£6.5 |£6.5 |RDG (A)
    Torres |Forward |£10.0 |£10.0 |£10.0 |WIG (A), RDG (H)
    Cisse |Forward |£9.5 |£9.5 |£9.5 |TOT (H)
    Pogrebnyak |Forward |£5.0 |£5.0 |£5.0 |STO (H), CHE (A)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Would worry you have too much weighted towards the backline, Ivanovic 6.5, cole 6.5, lescott 6.5 and rafeal 5.5. Thats a quarter of your budget on those four, maybe downgrade one or two and upgrade your strikers, wouldnt like to be depending on pog or lambert to be my second striker. just the way i like to play it though

Know I have alot spent on my defense but I wanted 3 Chelsea players for the double gameweek and Id expect/hope for 2 clean sheets against Wigan and Reading. Will be getting rid of Ivanovic after that but id like to have defensive cover for United and City for most of the season so will probably keep Rafael and Lescott.
    Was thinking of downgrading Kagawa and/or Yaya and maybe upgrading Lambert

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Latest draft...

newteam.jpg

I'm debating McCartney + Taarabt or Dawson + Noble?

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Know I have alot spent on my defense but I wanted 3 Chelsea players for the double gameweek and Id expect/hope for 2 clean sheets against Wigan and Reading. Will be getting rid of Ivanovic after that but id like to have defensive cover for United and City for most of the season so will probably keep Rafael and Lescott.
    Was thinking of downgrading Kagawa and/or Yaya and maybe upgrading Lambert

just remember even if you take Ivanovic out after the first match, you'll only have 10 players for week two, that's assuming rafael and frei both start (have both myself, so its something ill be keeping an eye on). not too sure that frei will start either so you could be down to 9 for the second week, and hoping for no injuries suspensions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭arbitrage

Would appreciate opinions on how to strengthen the team.

I am thinking about bringing in a 6.5 defender so would need to find an extra 1.5 from my midfield/forward line. What transfer would you recommend?

teamhb.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

^Arbitage have you thought about gambling on a midfielder like Michu? Swansea have possibly the best fixture lists for the start of the season, and most of their games are at home too. If not maybe someone more proven like Walters. I do agree that your defence could do with some bolstering.

iD3gFPfUXbCQq.png

De Gea - Federici
    Kompany - Williams - Cuellar - Fabio - Demel
    Piennar - Kagawa - Hazard - Walters - Noble
    Rooney - Papiss Cisse - Graham

First draft of my team. Taking gambles on Hazard and Fabio. Not 100% happy with Demel + Noble but for those prices there isn't much on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

might sound like a silly ?, but how do you get the picture of your team from ff up onto here?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Another draft of my team.

2d9fe4c8613159f0710c2e86240c7999.png?1343581564

Decided to leave myself with 3.0 in the bank incase I need to bring in high profile players. I'm liking the look of my team at the moment and I could do with a City player but I'll see who they sign first before I think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

might sound like a silly ?, but how do you get the picture of your team from ff up onto here?
    Thanks.

Press your "PrtSc" (print screen) button. Depending on your keyboard, you may also have to hold down the "Fn" key. That basically "copies" the full image currently on your screen.

Then, open up MS Paint (or equivalent) and "paste" it there. Ctrl+V is the quick way to paste.

That should give you your full screen in paint, which you can then crop down to size and upload to an image hosting site. The best, IMO, is imgur.com.

That will then give you a link to share with us on here.

--

If you have Windows 7, you should have a program called "Snipping Tool" which lets you do it much more conveniently. This is what I use, and I strongly recommend it. Shouldn't be hard to find if you want to download it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

arbitrage wrote: »
    Would appreciate opinions on how to strengthen the team.

I am thinking about bringing in a 6.5 defender so would need to find an extra 1.5 from my midfield/forward line. What transfer would you recommend?

teamhb.png
    defense needs bulking up IMO. get at least one big name player so maybe downgrade Yaya for higher price defender. I say Toure because once the season starts he will be back to his usual deep role

Thanks Carlcon.
    WqZQH.jpg

Any ideas on how to improve this?
    Criticism gladly welcome. :-)

RB100 wrote: »
    defense needs bulking up IMO. get at least one big name player so maybe downgrade Yaya for higher price defender. I say Toure because once the season starts he will be back to his usual deep role

Would get rid of fabio myself. Don't like QPR's opening run of fixtures. maybe try Astonvilla for a cheap option.
    Also dont see dempsey doing aswell this season with Rodallega in the team, maybe sessegnon.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

a50b2f62ba0f6f06f480bda31e0e28d3.png?1343586749

Have removed Bent for Graham to allow me a sizeable bank of 3 million in case i need to upgrade quickly.
    Kagawa is still iffy though likely to be a fixture this season with Hazard for me.
    Pieenaar is also a suspect member of the squad though alternatives at his range are thin

Thanks Carlcon.
    WqZQH.jpg

Any ideas on how to improve this?
    Criticism gladly welcome. :-)

Using your remaining 2.5m...

Dembele > Walters/Larsson/Song (-0.5)

Toure > Kagawa (-0.5)

Maloney > Walters/Larsson/Song (-1.5)

That would give you a full, strong, consistent team, IMO. Possibly frustrating you though since you'll have to bench at least one midfield/forward each week.

Another that may be worth looking at in that 6.5m region is N'Zogbia. Awful season last season, but is capable of so much more.

carlcon wrote: »
    Using your remaining 2.5m...

Dembele > Walters/Larsson/Song (-0.5)

Toure > Kagawa (-0.5)

Maloney > Walters/Larsson/Song (-1.5)

That would give you a full, strong, consistent team, IMO. Possibly frustrating you though since you'll have to bench at least one midfield/forward each week.

Another that may be worth looking at in that 6.5m region is N'Zogbia. Awful season last season, but is capable of so much more.

Thanks. Hoping to keep at least 2 mill to swicth torres -rooney/aguero. Also not too sure on harard, maybe bale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

My latest and last draft for now, have to stop tinkering!

Still not 100% about Michu as I admittedly know very little about the guy.

af1141ebd5fc3c866a6ff1da706ee775.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

eKX9F.png

My team so far, would appreciate thoughts.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

keano_afc wrote: »
    eKX9F.png

My team so far, would appreciate thoughts.

An Arsenal defender??? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I've gone that route in the last two seasons and it's been a bad move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Changed to this

Begovic

Harte Ivanovic Lescott Cole

Hazard Bale Yaya Kagawa

Pogrebnyak Tevez

Subs: Friedel, Frei, Lambert, Rafael

Any opinions on which team is better?

Changed again:rolleyes:

Begovic

Harte Cole Ivanovic Lescott

Hazard Bale Walters

Pogrebnyak Tevez Rooney

Subs: Friedel, Frei, Maloney, Clyne

Still have 1m in the bank, would like to upgrade Tevez to Aguero. Planning on taking out Ivanovic for a United defender after week 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

FatRat wrote: »
    You've a lot invested in the middle, especially on players who haven't proven themselves, you sure you're willing to risk it? I'd recommend more investment up top on players who you know will get goals like Rooney, Aguero or Cisse. I also think you need to replace one of your keepers for someone better, especially if the Sorenson/Begovic rotation continues.

At the moment I'm willing to. I'm confident enough that Kagawa and Hazard will adapt quickly to the verious intricacies of the league. I'm not so sure about Michu so I may replace him.

I like the look of Villa's fixtures. I think Bent has a few goals in him. I'll try and keep an eye out for him over the pre-season and see what form he's in.

I'm probably going to drop Torres anyway and get in either Rooney or Aguero after the first week.

I just decided to get in De Gea there. Spain are out of the Olypmics so he should be alright for the start of the season. Got rid of Rafael as well.

I'm gonna change it another 25 times anyway so nothing is set yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭miser44

My 1st proper draft

de Gea

Lescott Shawcross A.Cole

Pienaar Kagawa Cabaye Hazard

Pog Torres Bent

SUbs: Jaas (WHam) Noble, Fabio. Barnett

Got 3 mil in bank n plan on upgrading torres to rooney or aguero after gw1

Opinion on team please

Current attempt.

Barnett and Britton are lazy cheap choices I'll have to work on, so ignore them for the moment.

This is my first time picking Dempsey while drafting a team, because I just noticed 3 of his first 4 games are at home. That means goals. Lots of goals.

Like everyone else, I have money put aside to swap Torres to Rooney, then the remaining 1m can be used to bring in Rafael if he has a starting place after GW1 or 2. He can either come in for Coloccini and leave me with enough to upgrade Clichy to Lescott, or he can replace Fabio and leave me with 4 top defenders.

Song won't be a popular choice, but I think he could be an assist machine this season.

Then the final debatable choice is Graham instead of Pogrebnyak. If you look at Swansea's fixtures, you'll see why.

RRdnp.png
    Federici / Begovic
    Cole / Clichy / Coloccini / Fabio / Barnett
    Sessegnon / Song / Kagawa / Dempsey / Britton
    Graham / Tevez / Torres

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Have a feeling Song will sit deeper this season, and he's not going to have RvP to supply those chipped passes to. I wouldnt go near him to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Fulham have 2 of first 4 games at home. H/A/A/H

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

The problem with my team is I want to pick Marin from Chelsea but I cannot see him making the first team. I am thinking of picking McClean or Ramsey now. Anyone got any suggestions for a $7million or less player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

My latest draft, Ill probably bring in Torres for Rooney for the first gameweek and im still mulling over my 6.5m midfielders as pieenar could be a good option, other then that, I think it looks good

rsz_marks_team1.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

carlcon wrote: »
    Current attempt.

Barnett and Britton are lazy cheap choices I'll have to work on, so ignore them for the moment.

This is my first time picking Dempsey while drafting a team, because I just noticed 3 of his first 4 games are at home. That means goals. Lots of goals.

Like everyone else, I have money put aside to swap Torres to Rooney, then the remaining 1m can be used to bring in Rafael if he has a starting place after GW1 or 2. He can either come in for Coloccini and leave me with enough to upgrade Clichy to Lescott, or he can replace Fabio and leave me with 4 top defenders.

Song won't be a popular choice, but I think he could be an assist machine this season.

Then the final debatable choice is Graham instead of Pogrebnyak. If you look at Swansea's fixtures, you'll see why.

RRdnp.png
    Federici / Begovic
    Cole / Clichy / Coloccini / Fabio / Barnett
    Sessegnon / Song / Kagawa / Dempsey / Britton
    Graham / Tevez / Torres

I could have dreamed this (which is always possible when I have FFS on the brain) but I could have sworn I heard that Demps will miss the first few weeks with an ankle injury...

I'd have Lescott over Clichy any day of the week as he won't be rotated as much.

I'm nervous about the City front line, especially now Tevez is back. It's going to be had prediction which two of Tevez/Ballotelli/Aguero will start each week (and I'm not even including Dzeko in that!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

I forgot how fustrating this game can be, the season hasnt even started and im already spending a ridiculous amount of time worrying about my team! With my current selection i have no money in the bank and have Torres up front who im likely to change after gameweek 1, but for 10 million there arnt many other options! Also my midfield is breaking my heart, far too much choice of top players to find balance especially when theres so much rotation risk at the big clubs!

Current squad:

Krul
    Shawcross/A. Cole/Coloccini
    Pienaar/Cabaye/Yaya Toure/Hazard
    Torres/Aguero/Pogrebnyak

Subs: Mignolet, Hibbert, Allen, Fabio

Not sure about Pienaar yet as will have to change him if he dosnt go to Everton and still unsure about Toure so might change him for Sessegnon will wait and see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 pkpk

Thoughts?

[IMG][/img]HGyGH.png

Advertisement