Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Thinking of leaving my team like this. Worried about will Bego be rotated. What do ye think?...

cz6PQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

will go a cole > someone cheaper after gw1 or gw2. will also go torres > rooney after gw2 for that southampton game. also not sure whether or not to go with Krul + McCartney or what i have now, Jaaskelainen + Simpson.. thinking about sticking with what i have as McCartney is a rotation risk

thoughts?

i just don't get how tevez is 9mil.. no way he will want to stay at city unless he is a starter and if he is a starter he's worth more than ageuro imo

8d9020e256f5eaa77d0411b932715dee.png?1343759964

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

Think I've settled on a team. I know it's top heavy but...
    Kagawa is still an unknown and Rooney is always going to be the target man for utd. Torres will see the door after the first week to give me funds to jump on any striker bandwagon (let's face it, the first one will be for a striker).

Any criticism welcome.

FF20120731.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

smokingman wrote: »
    Kagawa is still an unknown and Rooney is always going to be the target man for utd. Torres will see the door after the first week to give me funds to jump on any striker bandwagon (let's face it, the first one will be for a striker).

Kagawa is unknown but Hazard is not?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭smokingman

BKC wrote: »

Double gameweek wins that decision for me. From what the other more wizened heads here are saying, he may start both games so bang, in he goes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

smokingman wrote: »

Any criticism welcome.

FF20120731.jpg

solid team sm

2 things i would do. dyer --> noble siggy --> bale but it has a nice strong look to it

d'oh just realized you already have noble, ehhhh maloney maybe! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

I'm liking this a lot big time

Krul

Fabio Riise Clichy

Valencia Silva Bale Hazard

Ba Agureo Pogrebnyak

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

BKC wrote: »

In terms of exactly where he'll fit into the Utd team he is. If he gets to play a free role in behind Rooney he'll be a success. If he gets stuck out wide in a front three or deeper in midfield then less so. I have him in my team anyway, with enough spare cash to bring in Valencia/Nani if Ferguson does something mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

RB100 wrote: »
    Thinking of leaving my team like this. Worried about will Bego be rotated. What do ye think?...

cz6PQ.jpg

id get in ivanovic for terry for cheaper chelsea coverage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

carlcon wrote: »
    After 22 pages of rating teams, I think that's the first time I've seen someone with a Liverpool player, yet alone 2. Suarez will always be a danger, and will score big on the odd week, but for me, he'll never be a consistent scorer. If there were points for running past 7 players then missing the target, I'd captain him every week, but otherwise a poor finisher. Needs too many chances, IMO.

As for Gerrard, I can't see him out-scoring Dempsey, Silva, Bale, Hazard, Valencia, Walcott, or Kagawa. He'd have to be better than those to warrant that price. Even with rotation risks, I'd also mention Mata, Nani, and VDV as better options. And at the risk of naming too many players and being too "anti-Gerrard", I'd argue there are plenty of 6.5m options I'd rate over him for FF this season.

If I were you, I'd bring in someone like Pienaar for Gerrard, and use the 3m to bulk up the rest of your team. Lescott is almost a "must-have", Pogrebnyak and Graham make for great cheap strikers to have as "3rd striker", and as has already been said, you pretty much need an Aguero or Rooney in there to ensure at least 15-20 goals for the season.

Suarez could be worth a gamble though, so keeping him would be entirely down to personal preference.

Suarez has the ability to be a consistent goalscorer tbf. 28 goals in 54 appearances for Uruguay, 81 in 110 for Ajax (The Dutch League, I know but still)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

My latest draft, Ill probably bring in Torres for Rooney for the first gameweek and im still mulling over my 6.5m midfielders as pieenar could be a good option, other then that, I think it looks good

rsz_marks_team1.jpg

would appreciate feedback lads

• Registered Users Posts: 36,061 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

@ shadowcomplex...

good team; similar to mine actually :D

i'd worry about Jenkinson. he's shít, and Arsenal are never that trusty for clean sheets. but meh, it could work.

you're spending lots on your keeper, but de Gea is the only one in the United backline you can really trust to start every week from the start bar Evra. so it's fine. but you've as a result spent quite a bit on your backline, and you could upgrade your bench if you find a way not to do that.

Michu is quality, but you just never know if he'll play full games from the start, and you don't know how Swansea will be this season. could be risky.

your team is solid though IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Blatter wrote: »
    Suarez has the ability to be a consistent goalscorer tbf. 28 goals in 54 appearances for Uruguay, 81 in 110 for Ajax (The Dutch League, I know but still)

Hasn't done it in the PL though. If he starts to score then he's a great player to have. Until then he is one to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

What do you think guys, Ive changed so many times now ?

Friedel£5.5 Begovic£4.5

Rafael£5.5 Lescott£6.5 Jenkinson£4.5 McCartney£4.0 Cole A£6.5

Valencia£9.0 Dyer£5.5 Hazard£9.5 Yaya Toure£8.0 Lennon£7.0

Torres£10.0 Tevez£9.0 Pogrebnyak£5.0

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MonaLisaSmile

How does this look?

p6S1c.png

De Gea
    Lescott, Shawcross, Coloccini, Fabio
    Noble, Kagawa, Pienaar
    Torres, Rooney, Aguero

Subs: Jaas, Larsson, Frei, Clyne

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Nh5AK.png

Torres is only there for the first gameweek, It will be rooney after that

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

How does this look?

p6S1c.png

De Gea
    Noble, Kagawa, Pienaar
    Torres, Rooney, Aguero

Looks a good solid team all round esp the strikeforce, any way you could work in another top midfielder as well as kagawa? someone like hazard/mata/valencia/nani/bale/sess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Nh5AK.png

Your goalkeeper wont ever play unless Green gets injured .

Sacrifice one of Kagawa , Hazard or Silva and improve your bench .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Nh5AK.png

Your goalkeeper wont ever play unless Green gets injured .

Sacrifice one of Kagawa , Hazard or Silva and improve your bench .

id say id drop Silva , 10 million is a bit much

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

id get in ivanovic for terry for cheaper chelsea coverage

Yea I might look into that but JT is much more of a goal treat and gets more BP than Ivanovic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

RB100 wrote: »
    Yea I might look into that but JT is much more of a goal treat and gets more BP than Ivanovic.

Is Terry not going to recieve some sort of a ban for the strart of the season now the FA have charged him with racial abuse!!! F**king outrageous if they dont after slapping an eight game ban on Suarez last season!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

carlcon wrote: »
    After 22 pages of rating teams

A bit OT and you may have reason for it (viewing on smart phone maybe) but you can easily change your setting so that you have 40 posts visible per page.

Makes it a bit easier to find posts and is generally less hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

team_16.jpg

Not entirely happy with yaya toure as I dont think he'll be as important to City this year as he was last year but I cant think of anyone else Im happy to put in there
    Torres Im iffy on as well but I think he might carry his end of season improvement in form to the start of this season.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

How does this look?

p6S1c.png

De Gea
    Noble, Kagawa, Pienaar
    Torres, Rooney, Aguero

If Clyne and Frei are playing in their first teams, that's probably the strongest team I've seen on here so far.

My advice would be to downgrade Torres to Graham after the double week, then use the 4m to upgrade Noble, Pienaar, or Larsson (whoever has been the least impressive after 2 weeks) to another top MF.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

OK, my latest draft:

b93a4e9b1687d4031904957539a3c522.png?1343848057

I know Cerny won't play but I think I'll be better off with a top goalkeeper playing every week (which De Gea should do if fit) rather than trying to rotate between say, Krul and Mignolet to hit a clean sheet every week. It also avoids a lot of frustration trying to choose between two goalkeepers week in, week out.

Lescott and Cole will be two of the highest scoring defenders without a doubt IMO. Jenkinson will do for the opening gameweek before I replace him with Cuellar as Arsenal's fixtures get tricky early on. McCartney has a great set of opening fixtures but if he doesn't start can be replaced with another £4.0m West Ham defender such as Demel.

In midfield there's great coverage from the top teams, although a couple of people have mentioned switching Yaya Toure and I think I'll look into doing that. Perhaps I'd be better with a £6.5m midfielder such as McClean, Pienaar, Walters etc and using the extra £1.5m elsewhere. Everyone seems to be jumping on Hazard for the DGW at least and I think he could hit the ground running. Kagawa has looked very good in pre-season, seems to be playing in the hole behind Rooney and Manchester United fans reckon he'll start from week 1 so looks good.

Up front, Rooney and Aguero should score 20 + goals this season and Pogrebynak is the best cheap striker option I can afford, although I'd prefer to get Graham in due to Swansea's very kind opening fixtures and the fact I play with 3 strikers virtually every week.

Things to consider:

Transfer Yaya Toure to a £6.5m midfielder, which would allow me to get Danny Graham up front instead of Pog and replace Cerny with a £4.5m goalkeeper who starts every week (in case Fergie starts giving Lindegaard games).

I would like to get some Tottenham coverage in my team due to their kind start. After week 2 I could transfer Hazard for Bale I guess. Getting one of their defenders in would be helpful and Kaboul and Dawson (at £5.5m and £5.0m respectively) are very nicely priced, but no one seems to know which one will start alongside at Verthongen at the minute.

I do tend to use my wildcard early anyway so I might change things slightly and see how the above team pans out for the first week or two, use the free transfer to make changes for a couple of weeks and then make wholesale changes with the wildcard shortly after that when starting 11's etc are established.

Actually, here's another team I've just made with the above changes mentioned already made. Which do you prefer? Bare in mind the £6.5m midfielder which is currently Pienaar can be changed to any of McClean, Walters, Hoillet or others, for example:

c94e4932b712bf6a448ef49a4e14416c.png?1343849806

Possible changes to be made:

Jenkinson to Cuellar after week 1
    Hazard to Bale after week 2
    Look to see what the Tottenham defensive situation is like and possibly try to squeeze Dawson or Kaboul (whoever is first choice) in.

Of course things might not work out exactly as I want due to points rises and drops etc but overall I reckon that the 2nd team is better.

Your thoughts please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Jesus Paully your team is identical to mine bar Kawaga and the subs :eek:
    (i haven't posted mine yet, sheer coincidence).

#edit: actually no, i don't have Jenkinson, and have Torres and 2mil in the bank to switch to Rooney after week one (unless Nando looks worth sticking with of course..)

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Who_8_Paul?

I want to give Kagawa and Hazard a few weeks to see if they have an impact. I think Sigurdsson is a cracking player and will probably get his fair share of set pieces. Petric is my gamble, good scoring record, bit of a dark horse this year hopefully. My latest draft is:

De Gea
    Jaaskeleinen

Lescott
    STaylor
    Hangeland
    Cuellar
    Shawcross

Pienaar
    Sigurdsson
    Walters
    Sinclair
    Noble

Rooney
    Aguero
    Petric

Any advice? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

pA1se.png

I have £2.5m in the bank to upgrade after the first couple of weeks. Happy enough so far. Thoughts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is Terry not going to recieve some sort of a ban for the strart of the season now the FA have charged him with racial abuse!!! F**king outrageous if they dont after slapping an eight game ban on Suarez last season!!:mad:

Big difference, Suarez was found guilty - Terry has only been charged by the FA.

Here is my latest team.
    Still have 2.0 left to swap in Rooney for Torres.

7693580692_b441a6c698.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

F1ngers wrote: »
    Big difference, Suarez was found guilty - Terry has only been charged by the FA.

I read a stat the other day that said the FA have only lost 3 cases that they brought against players in the last couple of years. And that was out of over 400 cases.

I don't think the penalty will be as harsh as Suarez's was but he will get some form of a punishment.

Advertisement