Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Any opinions on my team?

I brought in Lukaka for Ba last week and had earmarked the savings to upgrade Sterling to Fellaini. But as always circumstances are changing. With hazard facing a ban I think a lot of Chelsea's creativity is going to go through Mata. And of course I don't have him. They have three relatively attractive fixtures coming up before they travel to City.

Should I use my FT to get Mata in for Walcott and ditch my Fellaini idea?

Screenshot2013-01-24at145128_zpsf82a4e5b.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

John83 wrote: »
    Any opinions on my team?

I brought in Lukaka for Ba last week and had earmarked the savings to upgrade Sterling to Fellaini. But as always circumstances are changing. With hazard facing a ban I think a lot of Chelsea's creativity is going to go through Mata. And of course I don't have him. They have three relatively attractive fixtures coming up before they travel to City.

Should I use my FT to get Mata in for Walcott and ditch my Fellaini idea?

Screenshot2013-01-24at145128_zpsf82a4e5b.png
    Would you consider a 4pt hit of Suarez to sturridge and sterling to Mata. I agree Mata is a must have but so is Walcott. Sterling is no longer guaranteed a start. It would cost you 4 pts this week but would make your team stronger IMO. Liverpool Swansea have no game on GW27 and you have four of those players so may aswell offload one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

It's too red.

Make it less red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Played my wildcard there.
    It's arguably a bit defence and mid heavy but i'm finding it hard to see where exactly the value with the forwards is. In a couple of weeks i'll likely downgrade baines and try get aguero in. Decided to get baines in for a couple of weeks due to two home games and a game against villa who struggle horribly against set-pieces. Maybe get sturridge instead after the missed game against swansea, we'll see.

team_zps4e500a03.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Anyone want to suggest an improvement on the following, went way too heavily on the DGW teams.

Team is as follows:

Begovic/Mignolet

Gibbs/Demel/R.Martin/Azi/Clyne

Mata/Fellaini/Walcott/Puncheon/Noble

RVP/Ba/Podolski

0 in the bank, 2 FT.

Thinking Noble + Ba out for ???

• Advertisement

Anyone want to suggest an improvement on the following, went way too heavily on the DGW teams.

Team is as follows:

Begovic/Mignolet

Gibbs/Demel/R.Martin/Azi/Clyne

Mata/Fellaini/Walcott/Puncheon/Noble

RVP/Ba/Podolski

0 in the bank, 2 FT.

Thinking Noble + Ba out for ???

Marveux seems to be a good budget mid instead of noble.
    If you're looking to get rid of Ba then your choice is sturridge (hard fixtures and might miss a game in 3 weeks against swans), Berb (inconsistent but vital to fulham), fletch (see berb), lambert and lukaku (possibly rotated when long gets back).

Also, i think mignolet and begovic isn't a great combination - expensive and they both tend to play at home on the same weeks for the next while - maybe switch one to bunn/federici/cesar - might save you money you can use elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Marveux seems to be a good budget mid instead of noble.
    If you're looking to get rid of Ba then your choice is sturridge (hard fixtures and might miss a game in 3 weeks against swans), Berb (inconsistent but vital to fulham), fletch (see berb), lambert and lukaku (possibly rotated when long gets back).

Also, i think mignolet and begovic isn't a great combination - expensive and they both tend to play at home on the same weeks for the next while - maybe switch one to bunn/federici/cesar - might save you money you can use elsewhere.

why will sturridge miss the game v swans?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

keane2097 wrote: »
    My team as it stands below. Thinking of working it over the next couple of weeks to replace Bale and Noble in my midfield with Fellaini and someone very cheap e.g. Guthrie and changing my forwards to Sturridge and Aguerro.

A good improvement? Other suggestions?

237660.png

Think best bet would be at least to do Bale -> Fellaini soon in order to avoid getting funked by price changes.

I want to bump this as Ba looks to be going down tonight and I didn't really get much feedback. Anyone got any suggestions about what to change up in this team? Think my strikeforce is too weak as it stands.

darego wrote: »
    why will sturridge miss the game v swans?
    swansea have a certain final to play that weekend :D

keane2097 wrote: »
    I want to bump this as Ba looks to be going down tonight and I didn't really get much feedback. Anyone got any suggestions about what to change up in this team? Think my strikeforce is too weak as it stands.

It's a good team, nothing drastic needs to be done. Ba maybe out but who knows, maybe benitez will see the light and play him consistently as Torres just isn't working in any for them. I was hesitant to change him myself to be honest but felt one chelsea attacker was enough.

Bale does have some nice fixtures coming up but does frustrate with his consistency. Fellaini might be a better option though, at least in terms of value. Noble for marveux or maloney would be alright and save you a little bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭John83

Would you consider a 4pt hit of Suarez to sturridge and sterling to Mata. I agree Mata is a must have but so is Walcott. Sterling is no longer guaranteed a start. It would cost you 4 pts this week but would make your team stronger IMO. Liverpool Swansea have no game on GW27 and you have four of those players so may aswell offload one now.

Completely missed the fact I had four players for that game. Sterling will be gone at that stage but to who is the question. Of the other three Davies is the likely one to go. Have too much to lose replacing Michu & Suarez - alot of money tied up in the and wouldn't be able to afford to get them back. So Bale or Walcott will have to make way for Mata.

With three transfers staggered over two GW's I could do one of the following:
    Michu - Bale - Mata - Fellaini - (Puncheon)
    Ruiz - RVP - Suarez
    or
    Michu - Mata - Walcott - Fellaini - (Puncheon)
    Ruiz - RVP - Suarez
    (0.9 in the bank)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

After wildcard
    .3 in the bank

Federici- begovic

Davies-coloccini- shawcross- o brien- clubs

Michu-Mata-Walcott-Fellaini-Marveaux

Rvp- Suarez - Le fondre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

After wildcard
    .3 in the bank

Federici- begovic

Davies-coloccini- shawcross- o brien- clubs

Michu-Mata-Walcott-Fellaini-Marveaux

Rvp- Suarez - Le fondre

coloccini might be on the way out of newcastle so might be worth gettin rid if wildcard is still open. who is 'clubs'??

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

coloccini might be on the way out of newcastle so might be worth gettin rid if wildcard is still open. who is 'clubs'??
    Coloccini is staying until the end of the season.

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20130129/colo-im-staying-and-will-give-100-per-cent_2281670_3056949

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Mikey23

A bit torn over what to do right now. Had earmarked Puncheon > Fellaini, but that would use up all of my cash and take away any flexibility to upgrade Ba to a dependable starter.

Also plan Cameron > £4m def and Gibbs > Nastastic/Zabaleta. Downgrading Lambert might be logical if funds are needed for a 2nd big striker.

Screenshot_29_01_2013_12_50_zpsae2fec0b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Right ive settled on this wildcard team

Begovic

Davies,Gibbs,Dawson

Fellaini,Walcott,Silva,Michu

Fletcher,Suarez,RVP (C)

Federici,Marveaux,Clyne,Bertrand

Any thoughts lads

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Right ive settled on this wildcard team

Begovic

Davies,Gibbs,Dawson

Fellaini,Walcott,Silva,Michu

Fletcher,Suarez,RVP (C)

Federici,Marveaux,Clyne,Bertrand

Any thoughts lads

If you have Bertrand you really should put him in your team right now because there is a very good chance he'll start left wing tomorrow and be taken off with about 15 minutes to go.

If you have Bertrand you really should put him in your team right now because there is a very good chance he'll start left wing tomorrow and be taken off with about 15 minutes to go.

thanks for the advice Swiper
    I know but Rafa is capable of anything when picking a team :D
    Start Bertrand and bench Dawson?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Damn autocorrect, it meant clyne

Worth the risk, no certainty that Rafa will bring him on if he doesn't start, drop Davies, you have to fancy Sunderland to score.

• Advertisement

Worth the risk, no certainty that Rafa will bring him on if he doesn't start, drop Davies, you have to fancy Sunderland to score.

Cheers dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Look at my sexy team, gives me a horn just looking at it :pac:

rsz_best_team_ever.jpg

You're shíttin me? That team makes me sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Wow.. fair play shadowcomplex

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Average...:p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

rsz_best_team_ever.jpg

whats your rank if u dont mind me asking? My team value is so sh!te...

http://omg.wthax.org/rsz_best_team_ever.jpg

It's a wind up right? Might be someones team but not yours

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Wont believe its yours until i see a squad link please

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That team is very much achievable for someone who has a decent team value and who got some of those players in early enough.

The money I lost in not getting Walcott in until yesterday is the difference in me having that squad and not.

I actually think there's better ways to spend that money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

It's very like my wildcard team. I haven't gone for Azi as think he will lose his place:

Advertisement