Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

chops018 wrote: »
    Begovic,

Zabaleta, Davies, Shawcross,

Fellaini, Walcott, Michu (VC), Mata,

Sturridge, Suarez (C), Van Persie.

Subs: Bunn, Samba, Martin R, Puncheon.

After this GW I plan on taking out Sturridge and Begovic. Maybe for Remy and Lloris or De Gea. Then I'd have free cash for future GW's to maybe take out Fellaini or Michu for Bale if needed and depending on performances.

What you guys think?

Remy is injured for starters and if I were you I'd do what many are saying and bumping Suarez to Aguero and keep Sturridge. I'm planning on selling Zabaleta for Enrique tonight which would allow you to afford Aguero.

Moving on either Beg or Shawcross is essential, but I guess it depends on what price you got them for. Not too shabby at all otherwise but Remy would be a bad choice IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

team2o.png

I don't think I'm going to make any changes this week. I was tempted to do Aguero to Suarez but I think I'll leave it as I want to make sure I get out a full 11 next week. My main concern is who to play at the back between Zabaleta (away to Southampton), Azpilicueta (home to Wigan) and Dawson (home to Newcastle).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

thunderdog wrote: »
    I don't think I'm going to make any changes this week. I was tempted to do Aguero to Suarez but I think I'll leave it as I want to make sure I get out a full 11 next week. My main concern is who to play at the back between Zabaleta (away to Southampton), Azpilicueta (home to Wigan) and Dawson (home to Newcastle).

i'd drop Dawson, Newcastle have hit some form, also Kompany back fit for City, and Zaba very capable of attacking returns

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Got Jose Enrique in for Nelsen from QPR. Hopefully he can stay fit for a few weeks now, could be a good differential

manual_man wrote: »
    i'd drop Dawson, Newcastle have hit some form, also Kompany back fit for City, and Zaba very capable of attacking returns

Cheers. Might go for this option. There is also the chance that Azpilicueta might not play so I'm probably better off with Zab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I'm £0.2m away from being able to bring Rooney in and have this front 8. Would be a ballache on who to drop each week but I am very tempted to try and get towards this...

v42q1z.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

roryc wrote: »
    I'm £0.2m away from being able to bring Rooney in and have this front 8. Would be a ballache on who to drop each week but I am very tempted to try and get towards this...
    sissoko and michu rotate perfectly for home fixtures so that could solve your problem on who to leave out most weeks. Swansea have been struggling to score away from home. If utd go through tomorrow I would expect rooney to get more PL gametime than rvp. Having said that Ill probably still go with rvp.

If utd go through tomorrow I would expect rooney to get more PL gametime than rvp. Having said that Ill probably still go with rvp.

Precisely my reasoning. With Suarez performing so well I think the Rooney/Suarez combo is more valuable than the RVP/Sturridge, but it hangs on whether United stay in the FA Cup and CL. The third striker spot would be a toss up between Lambert/Sturridge and Benteke.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Begovic / Rudd

Zabaleta / Dawson / Enrique / Mariappa / Demel

Bale / Gerrard / Mata / Walcott / Sissoko

Suarez / Lambert / Le Fondre

Any suggestions on how to improve this? I considered Lambert to Tevez but perhaps a bit too high risk seeing as he's missing gw33 and the fixtures aren't ideal. Begovic for De Gea is in the pipeline in the not so distant future aswell but as of right now i'm at a loss for what to do and considering just banking it.

Over the next two weeks I'm looking to bring in De Gea and Baines for Begovic and Davies. I want to get prepared for the DGW's coming up. Will leave me with £1m in the bank. If I need cash to bring in Rooney/RVP I'll probably downgrade Mata over my defence.

jipb3p.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

opinions of this :)

6Pp9gs.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Exceptionally strong team I would say. Would be worth trying to get a bit of variation on your bench though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

20130316123855greenshot.png

Thoughts on my team, I saved my F.T so I can improve my midfield next week, probably will bring in Mata/Walcott

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bezuaua

Greatings!

My current team after the 2FT (cazorla&mertsacker instead of samba&mata)

De Gea

Mertsacker
    Wilson (stoke)
    Shaw (southampton)

Michu
    Bale
    Walcott
    Cazorla

Van Persie
    Suarez
    Anichebe

Bench: Cerny | Harte | Mariappa | Fellaini (suspended 2 games but available for DGW)

In bold the players for DGW

Thanks in advance for comments!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

opinions of this :)

6Pp9gs.jpg

Pretty much my exact team. Rafael is the only difference from my normal starting 11.

I have Lambert too.

WC2_team.png

I'm thinking of using my WC in GW33. This is what I've come up with (First draft!). That will leave me with 9 DGW players for GW33 and I will have enough in the bank to do do Cazorla-> Bale the following week (GW34) which would initially leave me with 6 DGW players for GW36.

Do you reckon this is a bit of overkill on the DGW players? At this point in the season I think that if you have a WC left, you should go all out.

I'd prefer to have Vidic over Smalling so I could downgrade Baines/Fellaini to cheaper option. Also I'll have to see if Robles will keep his place over Al Habsi.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

De Gea / Bunn

Clyne / Davies / Samba / Dawson / Clichy

Bale / Mata / Michu / Townsend / Cazorla

Sturridge / RVP / Lambert

1 FT, £3.2m in the bank

I'm thinking about getting a Man United defender but not sure who. This would be for the rest of the season, not just the DGW. Cant afford Suarez (instead of Sturridge) since transferring in Cazorla for Walcott last week, who's the best alternative for <£10.5?

Any ideas are welcome.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Dempsey wrote: »
    De Gea / Bunn

1 FT, £3.2m in the bank

I'm thinking about getting a Man United defender but not sure who. This would be for the rest of the season, not just the DGW. Cant afford Suarez (instead of Sturridge) since transferring in Cazorla for Walcott last week, who's the best alternative for <£10.5?

Any ideas are welcome.

I'd go with Rafael or Evra for United. Dont touch the CBs. I learned that this week.

Dempsey wrote: »
    De Gea / Bunn

1 FT, £3.2m in the bank

Any ideas are welcome.

I'd take out Sturridge for Berbatov with his current form and DGW33

So what would be the top line-up for attackers?

RVP, Berbs and Suarez?

• Advertisement

So what would be the top line-up for attackers?

RVP, Berbs and Suarez?

I'd go for RVP Berb and Benteke/Lambert. I think both Benteke and Lambert could easily outscore Suarez over the remainder of the season. However Suarez has the potential to get more assists. If we look at the last 12 games, the number of assists are:

Suarez 5
    Lambert 3
    Benteke 1

Given that both Southampton and Villa need to get out of the relegation zone, I'd pick one of these Lambert/Benteke as my 3rd striker

I currently have both Lambert and Benteke, along with Suarez. I'd like to have RVP for the DGW as I think most will captain him, but Suarez is up against Reading who are just leaking goals lately.

At most I think I'll bring in Berbs for Lambert, but it'll be at a 4 point hit so I'm wary of doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Would appreciate an opinion here lads, especially what to do with the free transfers. 20f8cc6d614a9f6e5b67a0ce75fb8538.png?1365155485

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

30asv90.png

Lads need a bit of help re-shaping the side for the next couple of games, dont have much coverage for the DGW but dont wanna make rash decisions either.

* I'm thinking bench Bale for now to save a transfer, I had got him out around early Jan and was too slow getting him back so had to pay alot for him. Though obviously Bale has more than repaid with his displays.
    * Davies to Sagna or Mertesacker(Sagna cheaper at least)
    * Next week.... Sissoko to Fellaini
    * Not against a -4 hit when a DGW is in order?
    * Going forward I'm thinking of Mata
    > Hazard, think he can at least match the Spaniard in the run-in.
    * I have no United players after ditching RVP and Rafael a good while back. That probably will hurt me.

Dont wanna change my strikeforce right now tbh, even though Berba is tempting with a DGW....I get the feeling I just have to accept that I missed Berba's purple streak and I like Lambert and Benteke's next few games.

Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Would appreciate an opinion here lads, especially what to do with the free transfers. 20f8cc6d614a9f6e5b67a0ce75fb8538.png?1365155485
    Have you not made transfers/played the game with a few weeks or something?

You are seriously over relying on Stoke and Swansea which is not a good thing with Stokes form and Swanseas fixtures and blank gameweek on the way.

I would say Begovic to DeGea and Shawcross to Sagna which would be setting you up nicely for next week as they both have a double gameweek but Brgovic and Shawcross have on paper good fixtures this week.

How about Marveaux to Townsend and Davies to Turner (i know they play each other but Norwich have better fixtures in the long run).

If you could get Fellaini in for De Guzman too for next gameweek as he will be back from his suspension and has a double gameweek.
    Downgrading Samba after this weekend would free up some funds for this.

Keep an eye on Bale injury news to see how serious it is also.

Bit of work needed really and maybe 1 or 2 points hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Santi101 wrote: »
    30asv90.png

Lads need a bit of help re-shaping the side for the next couple of games, dont have much coverage for the DGW but dont wanna make rash decisions either.

* I'm thinking bench Bale for now to save a transfer, I had got him out around early Jan and was too slow getting him back so had to pay alot for him. Though obviously Bale has more than repaid with his displays.
    * Davies to Sagna or Mertesacker(Sagna cheaper at least)
    * Next week.... Sissoko to Fellaini
    * Not against a -4 hit when a DGW is in order?
    * Going forward I'm thinking of Mata
    > Hazard, think he can at least match the Spaniard in the run-in.
    * I have no United players after ditching RVP and Rafael a good while back. That probably will hurt me.

Dont wanna change my strikeforce right now tbh, even though Berba is tempting with a DGW....I get the feeling I just have to accept that I missed Berba's purple streak and I like Lambert and Benteke's next few games.

Any thoughts?
    Ya you are right about Berba. He is very tempting especially with the double gameweek but i think the boat has sailed when it comes to him.

Cant believe people still have Begovic. I was nervous about getting rid of him mysely a few weeks ago as i had him since day 1 but i am delighted i got rid of him now as Stoke have only kept 1 clean sheet in the last 13 league games.
    .5 extra for DeGea is a no brainer really. A Manchester United first choice for that kind of money and 6 clean sheets in a row. Keep Begovic for this weekend and then get DeGea in.

Davies to Sagna will set you up nicely for Arsenals double gameweek.
    Got rid of Davies myself last week as Swansea have european football for next season secured and mite take the foot off the pedal. Swansea also have the toughest run-in on paper too.

Turner for Mariappa too as Norwich have good fixtures and have a much better chance of keeping a clean sheet than Reading.

Will have to wait for more news on Bale before any moves are made regarding him but if you got him in late and paid alot for him you are in alot better situation than those who got him in early as you could sell him and bring him back in again after a few gameweeks and not loose as much as those that got him early.

Current team is below, after a 4 point hit. £2.8m in the bank.

34qokth.png

6 DGW players, with Bale + Michu benched. I'm a bit screwed if any of my first 11 don't play as Harte will likely be no use, but I'm confident all will start. Currently debating a 4 point hit to bring in one more DGWer. If Walcott was confirmed fit it would be a no brainer to get Sissoko out, but until this is confirmed I can't justify making any move. Problem is I'm in Rome from tomorrow so likely won't have access to make changes after tonight...

I'm not willing to get rid of Suarez when he faces Reading and I'll lose £0.5m on the transfer, so realistically my only options are as follows:

Benteke
    This lad is on cracking form, four goals in last four games and should have been more. Looks much more of a natural goalscorer than Lambert and bar United (A) next week his fixtures look pretty good. Villa are in real danger of going down this year and Benteke will be the difference. I can't see how I can get rid of him.

Lambert
    He's on decent form, despite never really looking like a superstar striker. Has a great run of fixtures to end the season and although Southampton should be safe I don't think they'll take their foot off the pedal for the last 6 games. If I was to dump a striker for Berbatov or Giroud, it would have to be Lambert.

I don't think either of these are worth dumping at the moment, so I think I'll have to just face this GW with no DGW strikers. Nervous times! I could handle Berbatov/Giroud/Rooney and RVP scoring 8 or 9 points. Anything more will likely kill me. Onto my last and most likely option.

Sissoko
    Has been massively under-performing since I got him, just one assist in 5 games and no clean sheet or bonus points, so lots of 2 pointers. He's dropped in price again this week so I've already left it a bit late, but I'm wary of moving to get Walcott in unless he's 100% confirmed to start against Norwich. News which is unlikely to come before Saturday. I have £9.2 to work with, and realistically it would have to be a DGWer, so the other options are:
    Gervinho - on a great run of form but will he play both games, especially if Walcott plays a part?
    Pienaar/Osman - both capable of a goal but do I want to be stuck with three Everton players? It would have to be a one week move, and they would need to score at least Sissoko + 8 to warrant it (4 for transfer in and 4 for transfer out.
    Kagawa/Nani - if either were guaranteed to play both games they would be in in a heartbeat, but with Fergie's midfield rotation this year it's far too risky imo, and with my bench I couldn't afford to have a player not feature.
    Nolan/Noble - either of these could actually be a worthwhile gamble, especially O'Neil at £4.3m. I've reverted to 3 up front for the end of the season so it makes sense to go back to having a cheap midfielder. This would mean it's actually a long term move as I would be changing to 4 strong midfielders + O'Neil on the bench for rest of the season. Anyone know why Nolan hasn't been playing the full 90, and missed a few games recently?

At the moment I'm probably 70% in favour of holding on to Sissoko and hoping he ups his game at home against a weak Sunderland side (in a big derby game). However if Walcott is confirmed fit I'll have to go with him. And if I feel like a gamble I could bring in O'Neil/Nolan. If Sissoko keeps up his form and gets another 2 pointer then I would just need 6 points (over two games) to make the move worthwhile. Anything over that is profit!

Have I missed any other options out? Duff and Arteta are not options IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

rosicky only other option. If wilshire was confirmed out he should start the two games off the front man. Gervinho could lose his place to walcott or the ox

rosicky only other option. If wilshire was confirmed out he should start the two games off the front man. Gervinho could lose his place to walcott or the ox

Rosicky confirmed as a massive doubt today.

• Advertisement

Current team is below, after a 4 point hit. £2.8m in the bank.

34qokth.png

6 DGW players, with Bale + Michu benched. I'm a bit screwed if any of my first 11 don't play as Harte will likely be no use, but I'm confident all will start. Currently debating a 4 point hit to bring in one more DGWer. If Walcott was confirmed fit it would be a no brainer to get Sissoko out, but until this is confirmed I can't justify making any move. Problem is I'm in Rome from tomorrow so likely won't have access to make changes after tonight...

I'm not willing to get rid of Suarez when he faces Reading and I'll lose £0.5m on the transfer, so realistically my only options are as follows:

Benteke
    This lad is on cracking form, four goals in last four games and should have been more. Looks much more of a natural goalscorer than Lambert and bar United (A) next week his fixtures look pretty good. Villa are in real danger of going down this year and Benteke will be the difference. I can't see how I can get rid of him.

Lambert
    He's on decent form, despite never really looking like a superstar striker. Has a great run of fixtures to end the season and although Southampton should be safe I don't think they'll take their foot off the pedal for the last 6 games. If I was to dump a striker for Berbatov or Giroud, it would have to be Lambert.

I don't think either of these are worth dumping at the moment, so I think I'll have to just face this GW with no DGW strikers. Nervous times! I could handle Berbatov/Giroud/Rooney and RVP scoring 8 or 9 points. Anything more will likely kill me. Onto my last and most likely option.

Sissoko
    Has been massively under-performing since I got him, just one assist in 5 games and no clean sheet or bonus points, so lots of 2 pointers. He's dropped in price again this week so I've already left it a bit late, but I'm wary of moving to get Walcott in unless he's 100% confirmed to start against Norwich. News which is unlikely to come before Saturday. I have £9.2 to work with, and realistically it would have to be a DGWer, so the other options are:
    Gervinho - on a great run of form but will he play both games, especially if Walcott plays a part?
    Pienaar/Osman - both capable of a goal but do I want to be stuck with three Everton players? It would have to be a one week move, and they would need to score at least Sissoko + 8 to warrant it (4 for transfer in and 4 for transfer out.
    Kagawa/Nani - if either were guaranteed to play both games they would be in in a heartbeat, but with Fergie's midfield rotation this year it's far too risky imo, and with my bench I couldn't afford to have a player not feature.
    Nolan/Noble - either of these could actually be a worthwhile gamble, especially O'Neil at £4.3m. I've reverted to 3 up front for the end of the season so it makes sense to go back to having a cheap midfielder. This would mean it's actually a long term move as I would be changing to 4 strong midfielders + O'Neil on the bench for rest of the season. Anyone know why Nolan hasn't been playing the full 90, and missed a few games recently?

At the moment I'm probably 70% in favour of holding on to Sissoko and hoping he ups his game at home against a weak Sunderland side (in a big derby game). However if Walcott is confirmed fit I'll have to go with him. And if I feel like a gamble I could bring in O'Neil/Nolan. If Sissoko keeps up his form and gets another 2 pointer then I would just need 6 points (over two games) to make the move worthwhile. Anything over that is profit!

Have I missed any other options out? Duff and Arteta are not options IMO.

Rory,
    If someone asked be to name the best 6 players I could have in my team for the double, you have them. Walcott is the only one I'd also consider but he is a doubt.

Advertisement