Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I've no City cover. Their defence has been weak so the only one I would consider is Zabaleta. Their MF is all over the place, I had Silva up until last week but he's not returning enough to warrant his cost. As for strikers, Aguero is injured and f**k knows who Mancini will pick week in week out. Tevez and Dzeko should play but he could go nuts and play Ballotelli. Too unpredictable.

Don't get drawn into thinking you need 'cover' from the big teams. I have 0 City players and 1 United player and have no interest in increasing this any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Steel Dog wrote: »
    Swallow your pride and take your medicine like a man!!!

Walcott instead of Cazorla. Michu instead of Cazorla is another option but you have really missed the boat on Michu, unless you had him and got rid of him.

Downgrade Luiz and try get RVP in if you can. He helps ease some of the stress which this game can give you especially when it comes to difficult captain decisions.

Yep, Luiz and probably Ba will be moved on once the DGW is over, and Cazorla has the next 2 weeks to find a bit of form or else he's out of my team (the threat of which i'm sure he'll lose sleep over..)

Regarding the throny issue of van Persie; his cost is prohibitively high at this stage and to get him in would involve using up all my subs over the next few weeks tinkering with the team to raise the cash / take a points hit getting it over with in one week. I think at this stage in my league, that's too high a price to pay just to get a player in that that most other league members already have and sacrifice a lot of the differential advantage that I have throughout the rest of the team. Teams being so samey at the moment, you'd be lucky to have a week where you're even 10 points ahead of your rivals and I don't see that improving with RVP even if it is the rational thing to do given the form he's in.

Plus the victory will be even more juicy if I can do it my way :-) (even if it is incredibly unlikely at this late stage)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Yep, Luiz and probably Ba will be moved on once the DGW is over, and Cazorla has the next 2 weeks to find a bit of form or else he's out of my team (the threat of which i'm sure he'll lose sleep over..)

Regarding the throny issue of van Persie; his cost is prohibitively high at this stage and to get him in would involve using up all my subs over the next few weeks tinkering with the team to raise the cash / take a points hit getting it over with in one week. I think at this stage in my league, that's too high a price to pay just to get a player in that that most other league members already have and sacrifice a lot of the differential advantage that I have throughout the rest of the team. Teams being so samey at the moment, you'd be lucky to have a week where you're even 10 points ahead of your rivals and I don't see that improving with RVP even if it is the rational thing to do given the form he's in.

Plus the victory will be even more juicy if I can do it my way :-) (even if it is incredibly unlikely at this late stage)
    But you said your wildcard is currently active, why not do these transfers now? Like alot of other players you are focusing too much on the double gameweek, great if i works out but more than likely it wont.

You should forget about giving Cazorla 2 more weeks and just get Walcott in now. It will keep your Arsenal cover for the double gameweek ahead, Walcott is alot more of an attacking threat at the moment as he has been playing as a striker lately and if he is moved out to the flank i still think he is more of an attacking threat than Cazorla. He has also taken alot of the set-piece duties off Cazorla and finally the move would free up cash to spend elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

roryc wrote: »
    I've no City cover. Their defence has been weak so the only one I would consider is Zabaleta. Their MF is all over the place, I had Silva up until last week but he's not returning enough to warrant his cost. As for strikers, Aguero is injured and f**k knows who Mancini will pick week in week out. Tevez and Dzeko should play but he could go nuts and play Ballotelli. Too unpredictable.

Don't get drawn into thinking you need 'cover' from the big teams. I have 0 City players and 1 United player and have no interest in increasing this any time soon.

+1

Expensive players,defensive lapses & Mancini playing musical chairs with players makes picking City players a minefield.

I had Tevez & ended up getting burned as he either didn't play or picked up a small points return.
    Too many other guaranteed starters on other teams that will give a better return.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Steel Dog wrote: »
    But you said your wildcard is currently active, why not do these transfers now? Like alot of other players you are focusing too much on the double gameweek, great if i works out but more than likely it wont.

You should forget about giving Cazorla 2 more weeks and just get Walcott in now. It will keep your Arsenal cover for the double gameweek ahead, Walcott is alot more of an attacking threat at the moment as he has been playing as a striker lately and if he is moved out to the flank i still think he is more of an attacking threat than Cazorla. He has also taken alot of the set-piece duties off Cazorla and finally the move would free up cash to spend elsewhere.

I've been tempted by the thought before but decided against it tbh. Suarez and Ba are keepers for this week as far as i'm concerned so that leaves Berbatov on the chopping block and having to find 7 million to upgrade to van Persie, i'd have to sacrifice too much to make it happen and even then i'd just be cancelling out my league mates RVP advantage and not necessarily gaining anything with the cheaper guys I bring in to make it possible.

Agreed on Walcott though, he's coming in next week and staying, unless Cazorla gets some serious form back. He'd have been gone a while ago if it weren't for the DGW coming up. Fools gold I know but the prospect of him going off on another 20+ rampage was too much to walk away from.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Are you being serious??? Man City have the joint best defence in the league so please explain to me like I was a 3 year old, how they're defence is weak?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭badbeatcentral

Why have most people plumbed for Gibbs for arsenal defensive cover? does his goal/assist threat really outweigh Sagna's enough to make him worth the extra .5?

gstack166 wrote: »
    Are you being serious??? Man City have the joint best defence in the league so please explain to me like I was a 3 year old, how they're defence is weak?

Ok firstly they don't have the best defence, they are joint second with Chelsea behind Stoke. Secondly, for the price you pay for the players 1 clean sheet in ever 3 games is not good enough.

FYI by 'weak' I meant weak overall, not in comparison to other teams. Everybody bar Stoke (because of their cheap price) has had a weak defense this season compared to the last few.

It's better to spend on outfield players, and like mentioned above they rotate too much to make any particular player attractive.
    So City 'cover' is not really needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭jolim24601

I don't have the heart to downgrade my midfield, and I'm monitoring A Cole, Baines, and Zab closely to see who I'll downgrade, though I've also been crushing on Evra for MONTHS now and haven't acted on it when I should have. Possible downgrades involve Ben Davies, Geoff Cameron, Azpi, or Sagna/Gibbs.

Played my wc already, kept in Jussi only because of the DGW but I'm looking to switch him out by GW27 (Tottenham) for one of Vorm, Sczescny, or Mignolet.

My front 3 are constantly getting tinkered with, just took out Berba and put in Lukaku for next week. The boy is a wonder-player and in top shape. Morrison is a-mazing right now too and I expect him to feed our boy well.

Any expert advice on long-term moves? Please no RVP-fanboys or Ba-haters. Ba is a keeper imo and was unlucky to score. Even if he is in rotation for the time being the 3-5-2 system I have alleviates that issue. Eventually I may be looking to get out of the 3-5-2 that I've installed since I played my WC. The move would probably involve getting in some combination of Aguero, Tevez, Suarez, Rooney, Cisse.

8Tlau.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

How can this be bettered

Dea gea

Gibbs
    Azplicueta
    Zabeleta

Fellaini
    Michu
    Mata
    Walcott
    Bale

Suarez
    Rvp

Yes folks that is my team now :)

Subs are

Harte
    Pog
    Wilson
    Bunn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Nice....

I could do something similar if I played my wildcard but with Sagna for Gibbs.

Still think there's room for improvement though. But I'd hang onto any transfers for now and see how things play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I'd probably have Aguero as a third striker and drop one of the mids.

When he gets fit, that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

How can this be bettered

Dea gea

Gibbs
    Azplicueta
    Zabeleta

Fellaini
    Michu
    Mata
    Walcott
    Bale

Suarez
    Rvp

Yes folks that is my team now :)

Subs are

Harte
    Pog
    Wilson
    Bunn

That's juicy.

The only worry I would have is Azpili within the next few GWs but you can deal with that when it comes.

Is that Marc Wilson at the back? Does he not have a broken leg?

Could be cheap Stoke coverage if he's back soon.:cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ice87 wrote: »
    That's juicy.

The only worry I would have is Azpili within the next few GWs but you can deal with that when it comes.

Is that Marc Wilson at the back? Does he not have a broken leg?

Could be cheap Stoke coverage if he's back soon.:cool:

Looking at this team and Rorys' makes me realize just how far behind I am with my team value.

Again, I'm about 2m behind the curve. I'm hoping that it won't affect me later in the season. :(

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Looking at this team and Rorys' makes me realize just how far behind I am with my team value.

Again, I'm about 2m behind the curve. I'm hoping that it won't affect me later in the season. :(

I wouldn't think so, and I don't even think mine is that valuable tbh. There's others on here with an extra £1m+ on me.

In essence it probably means the difference in one player, so you have Ba instead of Suarez or something. It's pointless looking at downgrading across your whole team, look at the ideal team you would love and then downgrade as few players as possible.

Also, I'm guessing you prob have a lot of value tied up in players as you had them before they started scoring big.

What's your team value? I'm on 109.5.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I wouldn't think so, and I don't even think mine is that valuable tbh. There's others on here with an extra £1m+ on me.

In essence it probably means the difference in one player, so you have Ba instead of Suarez or something. It's pointless looking at downgrading across your whole team, look at the ideal team you would love and then downgrade as few players as possible.

Also, I'm guessing you prob have a lot of value tied up in players as you had them before they started scoring big.

yep, I have Michu, Bale, Mata and Walcott tying up alot of the rises. I'm not worried about the difference between having an 8.5m striker and a 10.5m striker, I'm worried that while I can get the power 5 in midfield, Suarez and RVP, people with the higher team value can upgrade their defenders across the board. That is where I'm going to lose some points.
    Lemlin wrote: »
    What's your team value? I'm on 109.5.

Just 106.8 (104.4 spending power). It's going to bite be in the ass a few times over the next 18 weeks.

yep, I have Michu, Bale, Mata and Walcott tying up alot of the rises. I'm not worried about the difference between having an 8.5m striker and a 10.5m striker, I'm worried that while I can get the power 5 in midfield, Suarez and RVP, people with the higher team value can upgrade their defenders across the board. That is where I'm going to lose some points.

Just 106.8 (104.4 spending power). It's going to bite be in the ass a few times over the next 18 weeks.

I just changed Torres for Lukaku and freed up 3.2 million yesterday. I'm happy with my midfield but have to look at a few options over the next few weeks:

Option 1: Drop Nastasic for a cheapie, bring in Aguero and have an unreal front 7 (Bale, Mata, Michu Walcott, Suarez, Aguero, RVP) but muck defence.
    Option 2: Change Lukaku for a Pog or Lambert after the next two gameweeks, upgrade Puncheon to Fellaini and play 3-5-2, plus I'd be able to upgrade one defender.
    Option 3: Continue without Fellaini and upgrade two defenders. Could have Lambert or Berba as my third striker and rotate him and Puncheon.

I'll see how the next two gameweeks go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,358 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'm looking at going down your option 2 route myself.

I'm delighted I still have my wildcard as it could be invaluable come 2 weeks time.

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'm looking at going down your option 2 route myself.

I'm delighted I still have my wildcard as it could be invaluable come 2 weeks time.

I think so too. With new options like Remy coming into the mix, not to mention all the moves that will happen deadline day, it'll be handy to have it.

Newcastle are still on the look out for a striker so will be interesting to see who they get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

What do people think of my team at the moment going into this weekend & beyond???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

can this be bettered

rsz_1sexy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

can this be bettered

rsz_1sexy.jpg

really good team. No City coverage in attack and the possibility of Sturridge matching Suarez for the rest of the season but for 3 million less are the only issues I could see. Having said that its very strong all over and you would go into every week happy for all that starting eleven to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

can this be bettered

rsz_1sexy.jpg

i would personally downgrade azpi and upgrade suarez > aguero in a few GWs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

237632.png

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

237632.png

Thoughts?

Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

237632.png

Thoughts?

I wouldnt go with two liverpool attackers myself. Your defence is very strong but its really affecting your midfield. If you want to go with a strong defence why not downgrade one of your defenders and maybe fletcher for suarez would give you the money to get in one of bale, walcott, mata for puncheon or guthrie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

Why mental..?

Is Mata a safe choice under Benitez, do you think?

I was thinking the two Liverpool attackers was questionable alright. Sturridge might be really good value though I thought...Do people think Suarez might score less now Sturridge has come into the team?

What about puttingh Remy in instead of Suarez or Sturridge..?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Is it a wildcard selection? You seem to have a lot of money, much more than me but I wouldn't dream of swapping my team for yours.
    Yes, I think it's nuts having the two Liverpool, since you're so well off I'd keep Suarez as I think he'll well outscore Sturridge without being as valuable as he has been, there's plenty of strikers around the 7m who'll give good returns from time to time, Fletcher has a few more nice fixtures coming up and while a few here have been down on Berba he's pure class and will score plenty. You're midfield is shocking and you've way too much spent on defence, I would pick one of Evra, Baines and Ivanovich and downgrade the rest big time, get in at least 2 of the 9m+ midfielders, take your pick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Berbatov has been quite disappointing for months tbf, decent price at 7m definitely but he's not that tempting IMO.

Agree on Sturridge, think Suarez will comfortably outscore him between now and May.

Way too much in defence there mate, midfield not good enough, and I wouldnt have two Liverpool forwards....I'd say there will be far more games where both dont score together.

Advertisement