Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

What do recommend here lads,?

I'd do a lot of tinkering with that if it was my team. The most obvious as Jimmy said is that your defence is very expensive, 2 over 5m is enough, plenty of value in cheaper guys, you should dump Krul as well to save more money. Your midfield is poor, you could bring Fellaini in next gameweek for starters and Bale or Mata will be far better than Santi IMO, Puncheon or Ramires will be better than Schneiderlin, Sidwell and Sterling are good mid price options so no harm holding onto them. I'd drop Tevez also, depending on the money you have to play with to improve your midfield either downgrade or upgrade him,
    Not an awful lot you can do in a hurry though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

What do recommend here lads,?

id keep cole as he's the cheapest guaranteed starter for chelsea and they keep clean sheets. id get cuellar for riise, saves a million, and sunderland not bad for clean sheets despite a poor season. and i'd use that million to get in snodgrass for sterling. id also try get in puncheon for schneiderlin if you have the funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Thanks for the advice lads, this is how its looking now. Took the 4 point hit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Hernandez could be a great signing with Rooney out. Not sure I'd have him and RVP in my team though.

You still need to sort out your midfield. That should be your main focus now that you have a bit of money in the bank (I presume from the Tevez -> Hernandez move).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ya I have 3.3 in the bank now, already took the -4 hit. Don't want to give my opponent an easy cup fixture

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭nct tester

michu out for the weekend apparently and possibly next one but wouldnt dream of getting rid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Aye I would stick with Michu and it's important that you always have a decent backup on the bench to back him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Nolan as mentioned is a weak link but i like his next 3 (Reading, Norwich, Sunderland) after which I plan to swap for Fellaini and downgrade Evra.

Thoughts? I'm about 1,060pts and looking to keep Jan wildcard till near the end of the month....advisable?

gw20_zpsd264a7f0.jpg

sunderland away and norwich home are not as easy a fixture as they may look as united and city found lately. nolan's been dire lately. i think thats a decent team otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Any advice on how to improve??

Mignolet£5.1
    Begovic£5.1

O'Brien£4.4
    Cuellar£4.6
    Gunter£3.9
    Cameron£4.8
    Sagna£5.1

Michu£7.6
    Mata£9.5
    Bale£9.8
    Walcott£8.8
    Fellaini£7.4

Van Persie£14.0
    Suarez£10.0
    Pogrebnyak£4.3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Any advice on how to improve??

Mignolet£5.1
    Begovic£5.1

O'Brien£4.4
    Cuellar£4.6
    Gunter£3.9
    Cameron£4.8
    Sagna£5.1

Michu£7.6
    Mata£9.5
    Bale£9.8
    Walcott£8.8
    Fellaini£7.4

Van Persie£14.0
    Suarez£10.0
    Pogrebnyak£4.3

Drop Mignolet for a cheaper keeper and upgrade Pog to Ruiz!

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Begovic / Rudd

Zabaleta / Luiz / Gibbs / Demel / Harte

Mata / Fellaini / Bale / Cazorla / Puncheon

Suarez / Ba / Berbatov

Any suggestions? My wildcard is currently active.

Also i'm conflicted about what to do down the line once the DGWers are cleared out; downgrade to the likes of Ruiz and upgrade midfield to Gerrard/Michu/Walcott in place of Cazorla and Puncheon, or use some cash reserves to upgrade strikers to include the likes of Tevez / somebody else?

Also getting RVP in at this stage is off the table, I wouldn't be able to handle the chorus of "I told you so" i'd get from the other league members :-P Any suggestion much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

What do you guys think of my team:

Turnbull,

Zabaleta, Evans, Demel,

Fellaini, Walcott, Puncheon, Mata,

Ba, Suarez, RVP.

Subs: Begovic, Michu, Shawcross, Martin R.

I just got Turnbull in for the DGW as I had Bunn, and then Begovic has a tough fixture. I know I have 3 Chelsea players now with Ba gone to them, so I was thinking of swapping Mata to Bale in a few weeks depending on both of their performances.

What do ye guys think of the starting line up, and what do think of the Mata situation, leave him be or switch in Bale in the next few weeks? Also, Michu is a goal scoring machine and I have had him since the start but Pucheon has a DGW and sometimes can give a good return so should I leave him starting or put in the reliable Michu?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Mata and Bale should be the core of your midfield

roryc wrote: »
    Mata and Bale should be the core of your midfield

That can't be done unless I sell Fellaini and Walcott or Michu and downgrade, and why would I do that when they are all giving good returns. I might just leave it for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Post a screenshot of your team with prices beside them. Immediately I can see areas in your defence I would change...

roryc wrote: »
    Post a screenshot of your team with prices beside them. Immediately I can see areas in your defence I would change...

I can't do a screenshot on this laptop, I'll type it out.. I always thought my defence was solid enough though.

Bego 5.1 Turnbull 4.3

Evans 5.8 Shawcross 5.5 Martin R 4.1 Demel 4.0 Zabaleta 5.8

Fellaini 7.4 Walcott 8.7 Michu 7.5 Puncheon 4.8 Mata 9.9

Ba 8.3 Suarez 10.4 RVP 13.7

Team value: 108.3

In the bank: 0.3

I had Bale in for 9.5 but swapped him for Mata.

Thoughts? I have 0 in the bank at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    b33201a0eed6003ed991d0ea3ce7f45f

Thoughts?

looks like a solid team. no Bale though could hurt you

manual_man wrote: »
    looks like a solid team. no Bale though could hurt you
    Aye thats right and I might look into getting Ruiz or Hernique (if he performs well for Wigan) and fit in Bale somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Thoughts?

Begovic

Zabaleta
    Gibbs
    A Cole

Bale
    Mata
    Michu
    Walcott

Ba
    Suarez
    Hernandez

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Thoughts?

Begovic

Zabaleta
    Gibbs
    A Cole

Bale
    Mata
    Michu
    Walcott

Ba
    Suarez
    Hernandez

We would need to see your subs to give a proper opinion...and where have you hidden RVP??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Subs are Cerny Harte Ben Davies Marveaux RVP costs a lot of money i did have him but i wanted to improve the team all around

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Begovic / Rudd

Zabaleta / Luiz / Gibbs / Demel / Harte

Mata / Fellaini / Bale / Cazorla / Puncheon

Suarez / Ba / Berbatov

Any suggestions? My wildcard is currently active.

Also i'm conflicted about what to do down the line once the DGWers are cleared out; downgrade to the likes of Ruiz and upgrade midfield to Gerrard/Michu/Walcott in place of Cazorla and Puncheon, or use some cash reserves to upgrade strikers to include the likes of Tevez / somebody else?

Also getting RVP in at this stage is off the table, I wouldn't be able to handle the chorus of "I told you so" i'd get from the other league members :-P Any suggestion much appreciated!
    Swallow your pride and take your medicine like a man!!!

Walcott instead of Cazorla. Michu instead of Cazorla is another option but you have really missed the boat on Michu, unless you had him and got rid of him.

Downgrade Luiz and try get RVP in if you can. He helps ease some of the stress which this game can give you especially when it comes to difficult captain decisions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Used my wildcard but I kinda regret my team now. What do ye think?

BEGOVIC/Federici

ZABELETA NASTASIC AZPILICUETA/Russell Martin Shawcross

MATA RAMIEREZ TAARABT SILVA/Michu

JELAVIC BA BERBATOV

gstack166 wrote: »
    Used my wildcard but I kinda regret my team now. What do ye think?

BEGOVIC/Federici

ZABELETA NASTASIC AZPILICUETA/Russell Martin Shawcross

MATA RAMIEREZ TAARABT SILVA/Michu

JELAVIC BA BERBATOV

u can still change it tho!! wildcard stays open til saturday, as many changes as u like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Decided to use my Wildcard and have settled on this. Only player I can't fit in is Suarez but happy with the rest, just hope Ba plays twice now.

235824.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Decided to use my Wildcard and have settled on this. Only player I can't fit in is Suarez but happy with the rest, just hope Ba plays twice now.

235824.jpg

Only change i would make is downgrade Davies, and upgrade Bunn to Federici - You'll want two keepers who start - and also Ruddy will likely return very soon ousting Bunn. Nice outfield 10 though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Dearg81 wrote: »

235824.jpg
    why no man city cover

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

manual_man wrote: »
    Only change i would make is downgrade Davies, and upgrade Bunn to Federici - You'll want two keepers who start - and also Ruddy will likely return very soon ousting Bunn. Nice outfield 10 though ;)
    Thanks, yea I'll have to sort my keepers out eventually, but not too concerned at the moment as Norwich fixtures are ok. Might get de Gea in a few weeks and downgrade my defence.
    why no man city cover
    I had Aguero over Christmas and he did well for me, I might get Tevez in for Ba after the doubles if he starts scoring again.

Advertisement