Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Krul

Fabio Riise Santos

Santi Carzola Silva Bale Hazard

Ba Agureo Pogrebnyak

Thoughts?

I'm not too sure about ba if he'll stay or go is santos gonna be first choice or gibbs

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Krul

Fabio Riise Santos

Ba Agureo Pogrebnyak

Thoughts?

I'm not too sure about ba if he'll stay or go is santos gonna be first choice or gibbs

Upgrade your frontline,Bent for Ba,Vill have easier games early on.
    I would leave Silva out early on,maybe Walters or Pienaar and even Hazard is risky given recent comments by RDM
    Defence is also poor,only 1 a definate starter each week,sorry.........

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

WyQxy.png

No money left for transfers - thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

dahat wrote: »
    Krul

Fabio Riise Santos

Ba Agureo Pogrebnyak

Thoughts?

Upgrade your frontline,Bent for Ba,Vill have easier games early on.
    I would leave Silva out early on,maybe Walters or Pienaar and even Hazard is risky given recent comments by RDM
    Defence is also poor,only 1 a definate starter each week,sorry.........

What were the recent comments by RDM about Hazard?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

How about this?

Krul

Fabio Coloccini Lescott

VDV Silva Bale Larsson

Torres Agureo Pogrebnyak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

What were the recent comments by RDM about Hazard?

Think he's reported to have said that the new signings would be phased in gradually. Not sure exactly but that was the jist of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 shanboghted

I think this will do

Untitled.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Kilkenny14 wrote: »
    WyQxy.png

Any United fans here know what the story with Rafael is???

Is he getting a few weeks off after the plympics??

loads of money in your forward line there. Not sure if that'll be good or bad but downgrading bent would let you upgrade somewhere - maybe gt a Chelsea defender in for the first couple of weeks??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

dahat wrote: »
    Further tweaks,starting to settle a bit now

Two top priced mids give me plenty options to upgrade if nessecary rather than being humped with too many mid range guys i cant upgrade quickly.

Carzola i have big hopes for and Michu is my gamble but at 6.5 i can easy change for the usual 6.5 guys...

Forwards are what everyone has and the standard 2.0 in the bank to move out Torres for Rooney if nessecary or a gamble on Bent

347ece201058ed3520f02ee6a009cce8.png?1344631501

I like it.

Of course a City defenders would be advisable but you can't have it every way.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

carlcon wrote: »
    Tevez could turn out to be the best bargain this season by a mile if he takes a break from his golfing career. If both he and Aguero are playing together (at this point there's no reason for them not to) Tevez is no less likely to score goals, and is arguably the most proven FF player of the two.

But that's IF he's just concentrating on football.

Totally agree,if Tevez starts and has his head in the game then he's a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I'm thinking, Cole out for Rafael after GW1, or when Rafa gets back in the team after dolympics.
    Then it's either replace Cerny or Mariappa/Dawson.

Thoughts please??? :)
    rsz_ff.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

gosplan wrote: »
    Kilkenny14 wrote: »
    WyQxy.png

Any United fans here know what the story with Rafael is???

Is he getting a few weeks off after the plympics??

loads of money in your forward line there. Not sure if that'll be good or bad but downgrading bent would let you upgrade somewhere - maybe gt a Chelsea defender in for the first couple of weeks??

I did consider getting a chealsea defender but they aren't cheap - I may switch sturridge for Torres to free some money. Rafael will play a lot this season but I am unsure if he get's a break after the olympics.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

How does this look? Not sure about the back line...
    Vorm - Ruddy
    Fabio - Shorey - Kaboul - Shawcross - Lescott
    Pienaar - Kagawa - Michu - Hazard - McClean
    Graham - Bent - Torres

And I've 2m in the bank to swap Torres out for Rooney after GW1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Shane732 wrote: »
    Could you give any reasons for your swaps?

No problem.

Kelly has lost his place to Riether. Hughes has played beside Hangeland in preseason.

Maloney isnt nailed on - plays for wigan who usually lose most of their matches early in the season. West ham have nice fixtures

Walters - didnt do anything in second half of last season. Seems to rely on penos far too much for points. stoke have tough fixtures - he'd be a better option later on.

Again all opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

carlcon wrote: »
    I tried to build a team for after the initial "have as many Chelsea players as possible" opening phase.

I can see myself with a team like this a month into the game. Easily made without wasting a wildcard so early in the season, like so many people do.

11.5 in the bank and a blank striker spot so I can pick whatever striker is on form. Adjustments can be made if Roo of RVP are looking like must-haves.

NyP9j.png

Basic formation:

de Gea

Vidic / Lescott / Coloccini (or Hangeland depending on fixtures)

Bale / Pienaar / Larsson / Noble (or Allen)

Aguero / Graham / Money in the bank for anyone on form

Bench: Federici / Hangeland (or Col) / Allen (or Noble) / Clyne

Nice team - very very similar to my own.

Main difference being i ve gone for the newcastle/sunderland rotation rather than have a second big utd player (vidic in your case).

I used the extra cash to get one extra big mid (yaya for first 3 weeks before becoming a man u one).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

kennyb3 wrote: »
    Nice team - very very similar to my own.

Main difference being i ve gone for the newcastle/sunderland rotation rather than have a second big utd player (vidic in your case).

I used the extra cash to get one extra big mid (yaya for first 3 weeks before becoming a man u one).

why larrson instead of mcclean btw guys? i'v heard mccleans doing well pre season also. going to go with michu myself for the first few games

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

darego wrote: »
    why larrson instead of mcclean btw guys? i'v heard mccleans doing well pre season also. going to go with michu myself for the first few games

Frees, corners, and penalties are all Larsson's, if I remember correctly. While he did fade away later in the season, he was the best cheap midfielder at the start, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Ok, time to get some feedback on my team after lots of chopping and changing.

De Gea - Federici

Collocini - Vertonghen - Cole - Cuellar - Gorkss

Hazard - Kagawa - Yaya - Ireland - Noble

Graham - Torres - Tevez

In the bank: 1.5m

Goalkeepers: A pretty common pairing of keepers here I think. Can't see a Utd defender that I want to go with, so going for DDG.

Defence: I'm really happy with these. Vertonghen is a bit of a punt (untired in PL, new manager at Spurs), but Spurs opening fixtures are tasty (I might yet downgrade him to Dawson, and invest savings elsewhere). Cuellar and Collocini rotate home fixtures, so that works well. Only thing I'm lacking is City cover. I intend getting someone in, for either Cole or Vert probably. But I think their defence is a bit up in air, particularly if Agger comes in.

Mid: I think Ireland and Noble are good value. Kagawa and Hazard are possibly a risk, but I intend swapping Hazard for Bale after week 1, to make the most of Spurs fixture list. Yaya I'm a bit unconvinced about, but Silva is a bit pricey imo. I might yet downgrade him to Pienaar (who I also like the look of) and invest the 1.5 elsewhere. Kagawa is a bit of a punt, but I like what I've seen of him, and I'll swap him out if he's not working.

Forwards: Graham and Torres are obvious choices. Tevez is a bit of a risk. I think Bent will do well, so I can swap for him is Tevez isn't doing the business. Also have 1.5m (or possibly more) in bank for upgrade. I think Aguero will do well, so I'm wary of not having him. One option for me is to take out Yaya + Tevez, and get in Pienaar + Aguero. That might be a better option.

Formation: I will be playing either 3-5-2 or 3-4-3, depending on fixtures/form. One thing I wanted to ensure is that all my subs play regularly, so that I have formation options. Gorkss is the only player that I'd say will never play for me (apart from week 1, possibly). I can also play 4-4-2, if I want.

Anyway, I'm happy with the overall structure of my team, and I feel any changes I make will be minor tweaks.

Any opinions or suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Ok, time to get some feedback on my team after lots of chopping and changing.

De Gea - Federici

Collocini - Vertonghen - Cole - Cuellar - Gorkss

Hazard - Kagawa - Yaya - Ireland - Noble

Graham - Torres - Tevez

In the bank: 1.5m

Goalkeepers: A pretty common pairing of keepers here I think. Can't see a Utd defender that I want to go with, so going for DDG.

Defence: I'm really happy with these. Vertonghen is a bit of a punt (untired in PL, new manager at Spurs), but Spurs opening fixtures are tasty (I might yet downgrade him to Dawson, and invest savings elsewhere). Cuellar and Collocini rotate home fixtures, so that works well. Only thing I'm lacking is City cover. I intend getting someone in, for either Cole or Vert probably. But I think their defence is a bit up in air, particularly if Agger comes in.

Mid: I think Ireland and Noble are good value. Kagawa and Hazard are possibly a risk, but I intend swapping Hazard for Bale after week 1, to make the most of Spurs fixture list. Yaya I'm a bit unconvinced about, but Silva is a bit pricey imo. I might yet downgrade him to Pienaar (who I also like the look of) and invest the 1.5 elsewhere. Kagawa is a bit of a punt, but I like what I've seen of him, and I'll swap him out if he's not working.

Forwards: Graham and Torres are obvious choices. Tevez is a bit of a risk. I think Bent will do well, so I can swap for him is Tevez isn't doing the business. Also have 1.5m (or possibly more) in bank for upgrade. I think Aguero will do well, so I'm wary of not having him. One option for me is to take out Yaya + Tevez, and get in Pienaar + Aguero. That might be a better option.

Formation: I will be playing either 3-5-2 or 3-4-3, depending on fixtures/form. One thing I wanted to ensure is that all my subs play regularly, so that I have formation options. Gorkss is the only player that I'd say will never play for me (apart from week 1, possibly). I can also play 4-4-2, if I want.

Anyway, I'm happy with the overall structure of my team, and I feel any changes I make will be minor tweaks.

Any opinions or suggestions?

solid team and plan. i was going with tevez also but pussied out, downgraded midfield and went for augero to start off with

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

darego wrote: »
    solid team and plan. i was going with tevez also but pussied out, downgraded midfield and went for augero to start off with

Thanks. Yeah the Tevez situation is the main thing I can't decide on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Here's my latest attempt:

a342a32514fea57661af484d319c5037.png

For those who can't see photos.

Begovic - Jussi
    A.Cole - Lescott - Clyne - Barnett - McCartney
    Bale - Hazard - Larsson - Ireland - Dyer

Aguero - Torres - Graham

Happy enough with my two goalkeepers. They rotate very well together. Only problem is if Begovic loses his place!

Plan on playing Lescott & Cole most weeks & one of the other 3 (who as far as I can tell all play).

Only thing I'm a little unhappy about is having two Swansea attackers. They do have good fixtures but still. Just don't know who else to get in for Dyer. Don't want any more West Ham players really so that rules out Noble who I know is a popular choice.

And have 2.0 in the bank to get in Rooney as my United cover.

Any comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MrWinner

I'm going with this.

team2h.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

MrWinner wrote: »
    I'm going with this.

team2h.png

Not too sure on the midfield. Walcott..... think he's over priced.. Chamberlain better value for Arsenal.
    Valencia and Hazard.. not too sure if they will start all games...
    Really like the front three.. think Suarez will do well.. just worried that Liverpool face last years top 3 teams in their first 5 games... bar all at Anfield.

Just an opinion..

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭miser44

Wat do u guys tink

http://i.imgur.com/c35T7.png

Plan on getting rid of Torres for Aguero after gw1 n maybe A.Cole

miser44 wrote: »
    Wat do u guys tink

http://i.imgur.com/c35T7.png

Plan on getting rid of Torres for Aguero after gw1 n maybe A.Cole

Not too sure on Allen now that he has gone to Liverpool.... think he might be playing in a deeper role, less asssists and going forward.
    But he is cheap at 5.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Foster Federici

Rafael
    £5.5
    Lescott
    £6.5
    Cuellar
    £4.5
    McCartney
    £4.0
    Cole A
    £6.5

Kagawa
    £8.5
    Guthrie
    £4.5
    Sigurdsson
    £9.0
    Yaya Toure
    £8.0
    Ramires
    £7.0

Torres
    £10.0
    Tevez
    £9.0
    Graham
    £6.0

What you think guys. I have 1.5 Mill left in the bank

Ill be playing a 3 5 2 or 3 4 3 formation not sure yet

undecided over keepers reckon they are the best out there for their respective prices

Had allen in but dont trust liverpool happy with the rest of the midfield seems fergie prefers kagawa going by pre season

torres will start , tevez used in pre season and graham doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 46 spurskiely

All views welcome

Federici
    Vorm

Walker---- Clyne----Lescott---Coloccini---- Pearce

Sigurdsson---Ya Ya ----Taarabt
    Noble----Nani

Torres---Bent ----Graham

2Million in the bank for Rooney if Torres goes bust .

Wonder how many people will have Tevez in after today??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Wonder how many people will have Tevez in after today??
    why what did he do i was watching the minor hurling. Did augero play?

• Advertisement

why what did he do i was watching the minor hurling. Did augero play?

He started. Subbed for Dzeko with 2 mins left.
    Played well, scored and looked lively.... better than Aguero did.

Advertisement