Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

What are peoples view on Dempsey, not many have him for some reason. Will he reproduce the form of last season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Ok this is the team ill be going with baring injury, I think its a nicely balanced team, one concern for me is that Dea Gea could be open to rotation

I have settled on Michu and Walters as my 6.5m midfielders, I know Michu hasnt played in the premier league before but hes a big man and his record in spain cant be ignored, also walters pre season form has sealed the deal for him so pieenar just misses out

Noble or Maloney are the Obvious 5m midfield enablers so Ive went went noble

Kagawa and hazard could be risks but I think they will have stormers for their new clubs this season, I think siggy will be great for spurs too and only for hazards double gameweek I could have been tempted to go with him instead

Upfront ive went with Aguero , who is a no brainer and the main man at city, Pog is the 5m filler and with the double gameweek hes the best choice in that bracket, lastly ive gone with Torres, with Drogba gone he should be the main man up front for chelsea this season and with the extra creativity behind him, he could be a new man, however I know its a risk and the only reason I have in in at the beginning is his double gameweek, which is why I have 2m in the bank for that transfer to rooney in gameweek 2:), so lads what yethink?

rsz_marks_brill_team2.jpg

Tinkered with a cheap defender plan, is this better or worse

rsz_1untitled_5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Tinkered with a cheap defender plan, is this better or worse

rsz_1untitled_5.jpg

Sorry but your defense is awful IMO. You need to invest a bit more in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

RB100 wrote: »
    Sorry but your defense is awful IMO. You need to invest a bit more in it.

Hehe. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I agree, it's pretty bad, but I understand the attempt.

Coloccini and Shawcross for 5m each seem to be the cheapest defenders you can rely on for a reasonable clean sheet return. After that, all the 4's and 4.5's are gonna be hit or miss.

Time will tell. I'm keeping an eye on Clyne, myself. Will undoubtedly keep him on my bench, but if he's playing in midfield, tons will get him in and make me a quick buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭stephen_k

so lads what yethink?

rsz_marks_brill_team2.jpg

With this team what do you plan to do in GW3 when Chelsea and Reading don't play? Serious points hit to change out 6 players...

• Advertisement

stephen_k wrote: »

With this team what do you plan to do in GW3 when Chelsea and Reading don't play? Serious points hit to change out 6 players...

thats where my bench kicks in , West ham are at home in that gameweek so noble and mccarthy will come in for Hazard and Ivanovic,Torres will be gone at that stage for Rooney in gameweek 2,dea-gea will play instead of federici and fonte will come in for gorkess

hupskip wrote: »
    What are peoples view on Dempsey, not many have him for some reason. Will he reproduce the form of last season?

Hes probably going to liverpool so people are rightly staying away

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

http://imageshack.us/f/641/nimetnknp.jpg/

Didnt know how to upload a picture to this forum so i put it behind the link. I would appreciate if someone could rate my team.

I was thinkin if changing Silva to Bale.

e. I ll put it also here.

De-Gea

Richards- Cole A- Harte

Noble- Hazard- Kagawa- Silva

Torres- Pog- Tevez

subs: Cerny, Hangeland, Fabio, El Ahmadi

Bank: 2m for Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

I had a decent season last season but i need some help with this mess
    fanprem.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Any thoughts on starting with this(team in bold)

Begovic Friedel

Harte Cole Lescott Ivanovic Clyne

Hazard Bale Noble Frei Maloney

Pogrebnyak Aguero Rooney

Planning on gradually changing to this after the dgw

Begovic Friedel

Harte Clyne Rafael Lescott Taylor(Swansea)

Kagawa Bale Noble Maloney Frei

Bent Aguero Rooney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

7719084194_773221dcb7.jpg

One would think after the amount of time I've just spent looking at the thing, changes would be many. I've made two from my previous team.
    Thoughts?

Panthro wrote: »
    7719084194_773221dcb7.jpg

One would think after the amount of time I've just spent looking at the thing, changes would be many. I've made two from my previous team.
    Thoughts?

Strong team. Bound to do well.

Many will tell you to go for one of the main 6.5m players instead of Cabaye, but I think he'll be just as good this season.

I'd swap Cole out after a week or 2 for a United defender. Other than that, Tevez obviously needs to be watched.

But yeah, good team.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

carlcon wrote: »
    Strong team. Bound to do well.

Many will tell you to go for one of the main 6.5m players instead of Cabaye, but I think he'll be just as good this season.

I'd swap Cole out after a week or 2 for a United defender. Other than that, Tevez obviously needs to be watched.

But yeah, good team.

Cheers Carlcon, :)
    Yeah Tevez came in for Rooney and Bale for Larrson, but that could well change again before the start of the season!

Any thoughts on starting with this(team in bold)

Begovic Friedel

Harte Cole Lescott Ivanovic Clyne

Hazard Bale Noble Frei Maloney

Pogrebnyak Aguero Rooney

Planning on gradually changing to this after the dgw

Begovic Friedel

Harte Clyne Rafael Lescott Taylor(Swansea)

Kagawa Bale Noble Maloney Frei

Bent Aguero Rooney

Bergovic and harte may not start

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Bergovic and harte may not start

or Frei, or Rafael....I hate this game:mad:

I can't be bothered to and take pic of my team so i'll just post it.

It's my second try and I have not changed it for 2 weeks. Can people give me advice on what area to improve because I am happy and unhappy with this:pac:. I am wary that a few of these players might not start and have 0 in the bank if all goes pete tong so help appreciated.

JUSSI / BEGOVIC

TERRY / SHAWCROSS / LESCOTT / RAFAEL / FABIO

KAGAWA / TAARABT / MALONEY / HAZARD / PIENAAR

ROONEY / POG / TORRES

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

24891852f4d7eba5594896f39bae0696.png?1344209864

This will probarly be my final draft, thoughts?

Really like it apart from your defense. Just one or two upgrades and that will be a very good team IMO. Forwards and Mids apart from Cabaye is top class. I would either switch for a player same value or downgrade and use the cash to upgrade one of your defenders.

I'm tempted to get Walters in because he is in good form plus he plays as a striker but down as midfielder, I have in Pienaar instead. Hard to choose.

Any suggestions for my team?

I can't be bothered to and take pic of my team so i'll just post it.

It's my second try and I have not changed it for 2 weeks. Can people give me advice on what area to improve because I am happy and unhappy with this:pac:. I am wary that a few of these players might not start and have 0 in the bank if all goes pete tong so help appreciated.

JUSSI / BEGOVIC

TERRY / SHAWCROSS / LESCOTT / RAFAEL / FABIO

KAGAWA / TAARABT / MALONEY / HAZARD / PIENAAR

ROONEY / POG / TORRES

I wouldn't have Terry myself. I'd downgrade him so I could upgrade Maloney or Taarabt. Looks like a solid team though.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

This i my second time at this post.Any advice/abuse is greatly appreciated

fanprem_1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

http://imageshack.us/f/641/nimetnknp.jpg/

Didnt know how to upload a picture to this forum so i put it behind the link. I would appreciate if someone could rate my team.

I was thinkin if changing Silva to Bale.

e. I ll put it also here.

De-Gea

Richards- Cole A- Harte

Noble- Hazard- Kagawa- Silva

Torres- Pog- Tevez

subs: Cerny, Hangeland, Fabio, El Ahmadi

Bank: 2m for Rooney

Any advices?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭sidcon

70445089.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Hazard - Siggy - Cisse

OR

Mata - Walters - Aguerro

carlcon wrote: »
    I wouldn't have Terry myself. I'd downgrade him so I could upgrade Maloney or Taarabt. Looks like a solid team though.

Thanks for reply.

what about
    TERRY --> A. COLE / IVANOVIC
    TAARABT --> WALTERS

i'm hesitant to switch either because both have potential for big points especially Taarabt. But I do think Walters is the same. Also surly Chelsea will keep one CS in the DGW. I can't decide:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Really like it apart from your defense. Just one or two upgrades and that will be a very good team IMO. Forwards and Mids apart from Cabaye is top class. I would either switch for a player same value or downgrade and use the cash to upgrade one of your defenders.

I'm tempted to get Walters in because he is in good form plus he plays as a striker but down as midfielder, I have in Pienaar instead. Hard to choose.

Any suggestions for my team?
    I built a cheap defense as I don't see many clean sheets this season and last season spending on defenders like Kompany etc.. didn't work out as I hoped.

Cabaye is going to be something special this season in FF and good thing I have Walters and Pienaar to play around with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

miller82 wrote: »
    Hazard - Siggy - Cisse

OR

Mata - Walters - Aguerro

Mata - Walters - Aguerro IMO

Would swap Mata for Hazard myself though, but thats just personal choice i guess! As far as Siggy Vs Walters, will have to see how he plays for Spurs before justifying his price and as said above Walters often plays up front but is down as a midfielder so you get value for money!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Hmmm... Didn't even notice this was open for the new season.

Hope everyone had a good summer, although by all accounts you lot seem to have gotten a lot of rain.

Anyhoo, 1st draft. F**ked if I'm going through the last 30 pages so if anyone would be kind enough to point out any glaring errors :)

I'm avoiding all new players, Kagawa/Hazard etc. Every year I gamble and every year I lose, Taarabt being the obvious one from last season.

y2h52.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Too reliant on the DGW perhaps?
    I do think Graham is a better option than Pog and i think Dempsey is iffy given the uncertainty of where he will be playing this season

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

My thinking is keeper-wise I'm happy having Federici as I'd be using de Gea anyway for week 3 when Reading don't have a game. Can't see my keepers changing. I want a Chelsea defender for the season, similar with City, so either Terry or Cole will be there either way.

Pog is worth a gamble, if he doesn't look great I'll trade him out after a few weeks. Guaranteed we'll see a striker come out of nowhere and start well. I've given up on trying to predict this and plan to just get on the bandwagon early. Torres is already due to go out after week 1, I've left 2m in the bank to bring Rooney in although I'm guessing this is nothing new. Shorey is actually the most likely to change, but I'll have a cheap defender anyway so why not start with a DGW'er?

As for my MF,not a single one of those 5 is guaranteed yet. This will be chopped and changed a lot before season start. Like you say Dempsey might not be fit, Song won't be near as good if RVP leaves, I've never actually been a fan of YAYA, Nolan I've actually no idea about yet and Walters is just there as he was playing up front last season, not sure if this is even still the case.

I'll put some time into this next week, have only given it a half hours thought so far. Just needed to get a team in to get my private leagues up and running.

Has anyone mentioned a cash league this year? Haven't even looked at the rest of the threads yet so apologies if its listed elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Cash League is being run off the main soccer page and by the same folk as last season...
    Most other leagues have been reissued from last season i would think.

For a Chelsea defender i plunged for Ivanovic as he is more of a goal threat than Cole and unless Chelsea sign a RB he should be first choice in there

MF is a bogey for me also,Noble at 5.0 is very popular as he is the peno taker for West Ham.

Advertisement