Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

Begovic Cech

Cole Harte Zabaleta Clyne Rafael

Kagawa Bale Maloney Noble Frei

Pogrebnyak Torres Tevez

6m left

Planning on getting in Rooney for Torres after gw1 and Bent/Graham/Lambert for Pogrebnyak after week 2

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Draft 666......tweaks on advice n opinions from here and beyond........
    b61e686397f729bae053caf720a805db.png?1344800266

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

dahat wrote: »
    Draft 666......tweaks on advice n opinions from here and beyond........
    b61e686397f729bae053caf720a805db.png?1344800266

will lescott start? i'm thinking of going lescott > zabaleta for the first few games. or maybe even downgrade yaya to larrson and get kompany in just to make sure :D rest of the team is nearly identical to mine

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Right, so I've tweaked and twiddled til I can tweak no more..
    Thoughts?

7771383280_1db5c926fb.jpg

Jaaskelainen
    DeGea
    ColeA---Coloccini---Williams---Lescott---Shawcross
    Cabaye---Nolan---Kagawa---Larsson---Walters
    Torres---Pogrebnyak---Rooney

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

DDG

Harte - A.Cole - Zabaleta

Ireland - Bale - Hazard - K.Nolan

Defoe - Tevez - Torres (c)

Subs
    Jaaskelinen.
    Clark
    Clyne
    Gibson

I have 2 million in the bank from after a couple of switches now that involved tevez for aguero. not fully sure what to do with the 2 mil yet. could put in yaya toure for K.Nolan or could put in kagawa for Hazard/Bale and Cazorla for Nolan. Don't really want to have too many of the new players though, Hazard didn't set the world alight yesterday but the DGW and quality of the opposition is making me think i should have him for the first week anyway and see how he fares out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

Foster Federici

Rafael
    Lescott
    Cuellar
    McCartney
    Cole A

Kagawa
    Guthrie
    Sigurdsson
    Yaya Toure
    Ramires

Torres
    Tevez
    Graham

What you think guys. I have 1.5 Mill left in the bank

Ill be playing a 3 5 2 or 3 4 3 formation not sure yet

undecided over keepers reckon they are the best out there for their respective prices

Had allen in but dont trust liverpool happy with the rest of the midfield seems fergie prefers kagawa going by pre season

torres will start , tevez used in pre season and graham doing well __________________
    Each to their own!
    "It's ironic."
    "What's ironic?"
    "This. That we've come all this way, we made all this progress, but, you know, we lost the little things, the niceties."
    "No, I mean, what does `ironic' mean?"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

F1ngers wrote: »
    Thoughts?

Jaaskelainen
    DeGea

Nolan looks like he may be injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

F1ngers wrote: »
    Thoughts?

Jaaskelainen
    DeGea

very good team - I would suggest replacing Pog with Graham if you can but otherwise it's very solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hopefully this will be my last draft, I have £2m in the bank to get rooney for second gameweek.

ipEB1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭NewDirection

Szczesny
    Koscielny Hangeland Lescott
    Bale Kagawa Etherington Allen
    Pogrebnyak Tevez Torres

Bench:
    Ruddy Shawcross Pearce Ireland

I'm left with a good few million in the bank, so going to upgrade Allen / Ireland to a 9.0-9.5 Mid (Hazard / Mata / Dempsey ?). Dont know who though. Not keen on Kagawa from week one either. All advice welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

My team so far is:

Green
    Skrtel, Ferdinand(rio) Gorkss
    Kagawa, Sig, NZogbia Guthrie
    Torres, Rooney, Aguero

Subs: McCartney, Allen, Clyne, Cerny
    Wondering midfield too week?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Too much on defence?

2jg5tzm.jpg

I took out Nolan and Hart as they are doubtful to play the first match. Keeping an eye on McCartney who's also not 100%. My main error at the start of every season is having players in the team that are injured/don't play.

My gamble at the moment is Kacaniklic, he started in Fulham's match against Charlton and set up Duff for the goal. he was also central to a few other moves and almost scored himself, just unsure whether he'll start. He didn't get much gametime at all last season.

In saying that, Tevez and Kagawa aren't guaranteed starters either, but I'm pretty set on my GK and FW's. Have £2m in the bank for Rooney also.

Really hate week 1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

What about Scholes guys? €5.5m. I wonder will he get enough game time? Took in a fair few points last season when u look at how late in the season he was introduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 pzer

any suggestions on below.
    think kagawa\hazard and vidic\kompany seem to be on lot teams.
    Draft2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

will zabalata start or would one go with lescott

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

will zabalata start or would one go with lescott

With Richards out, most people feel Zab is a fairly safe bet. I have him myself at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

done changes to my team last night and got Zaba for Lescott.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭hupskip

Auero out, Tevez in?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭NEDDURC

Reina, Mignolet,

A Cole, Harte, Hangeland, Clark, O'Brien,

Allen, Kagawa, Walters, Toure, Noble,

Rooney, Tevez, Torres

All comments welcome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 168 ✭✭Alpish

Hopefully this will be my last draft, I have £2m in the bank to get rooney for second gameweek.

ipEB1.png

How will you get Rooney with 3 united players already?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Alpish wrote: »
    How will you get Rooney with 3 united players already?

And that, right there, is how you save someone a lot of embarrassment and annoyance in GW2. :p

Any opinions on this team?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Alpish wrote: »
    Any opinions on this team?

Very solid XI, but very weak bench. Jenkinson will cause you trouble after a week or three when Sagna is back, and Britton got zero goals, assists, and bonus points last season, so there's not much worth in him at all.

If you're looking for an ultra-cheap bench that plays, while keeping your XI, I'd find a 4m defender for Jenkinson, then upgrade Britton to Noble/Michu/Other 5m. (Edit: sorry, I see you already have Noble - Michu looks good to me)

Alternatively, keep your fingers crossed for the first week or two, then drop Cole for Jones, Rafael, or whatever <6m United defender has been playing, then use the saved cash to replace Britton.

Alternative #2: Downgrade Friedel since nobody knows how well Spurs will defend under AVB. Again, use cash to upgrade Britton and change Jenkinson.

Keep Clyne. When more people see him play in midfield, his price should rise and make you a nice profit.

carlcon wrote: »
    Very solid XI, but very weak bench. Jenkinson will cause you trouble after a week or three when Sagna is back, and Britton got zero goals, assists, and bonus points last season, so there's not much worth in him at all.

If you're looking for an ultra-cheap bench that plays, while keeping your XI, I'd find a 4m defender for Jenkinson, then upgrade Britton to Noble/Michu/Other 5m. (Edit: sorry, I see you already have Noble - Michu looks good to me)

Alternatively, keep your fingers crossed for the first week or two, then drop Cole for Jones, Rafael, or whatever <6m United defender has been playing, then use the saved cash to replace Britton.

Alternative #2: Downgrade Friedel since nobody knows how well Spurs will defend under AVB. Again, use cash to upgrade Britton and change Jenkinson.

Keep Clyne. When more people see him play in midfield, his price should rise and make you a nice profit.

I agree with Jenkinson, his just a short fix.
    Was toying with the idea of getting De Gea but I think Lindegaard could feature, leaving my other cheap keeper playing against strong opposition possibly. Also agree with Britton he probably has to go, Michu does sound good or maybe Taarabt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Screenshot2012-08-13at185607.png

My plan is to drop Cole and Torres after week one, to bring in Rooney and a cheap defender. I also plan to bring in Naismith for the third game week who has been scoring goals in preseason.

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

tomissex wrote: »
    How does this look? Not sure about the back line...

Vorm - Ruddy
    Fabio - Shorey - Kaboul - Shawcross - Lescott
    Pienaar - Kagawa - Michu - Hazard - McClean
    Graham - Bent - Torres

And I've 2m in the bank to swap Torres out for Rooney after GW1

Any comments? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Allowed myself to be swayed by Tevez after Mancini's recent comments about him being very important. Settling on this team.

ihez60Wz2CIFG.png

De Gea - Federici
    Zabaleta - Clark - Hangeland - Fabio - Clyne
    Pienaar - Kagawa - Bale - Yaya - Noble
    Tevez - Torres - Graham

Leaves me with £3.0m in bank to bring in either Rooney for Torres or Aguero for Tevez at any point. Will be keeping an eye on Cazorla as well.
    tomissex wrote: »
    Any comments? :)

First thing that jumped out at me was Vorm. Personally I'd stay away from Swansea's defence, Laudrup likes his teams to play offensively and I don't think Vorm will pick up as many clean sheets as last season or even close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

I see Dempsey was not on the bench against Charlton in their last pre-season game, is he injured? He has been ever present on my team over the last 2 years. Do people believe that the arrival of Petric will mean that Dempsey will actually play in midfield? I would be interested to hear people opinion as Fulham imo have some nice fixtures starting off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

cheap defence
    958bd53f73f45c0034d634b02be6b23b.png?1344884451

Green / Begovic
    Demel / Gunter / Clyne / Tierney / Lowton
    Cazorla / Toure / Kacaniklic / Hazard / Kagawa
    Torres / Rooney / Tevez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Late starter here, my first draft, any opinions?

[IMG][/img]317jnnq.png

Advertisement