Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Ah Nolan. I knew that. You wrote Noble down in your original post. Ya had me freaked for a few seconds there.

My bad, meant Nolan. I reckon a lot more will have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Mayaichi could be great value now he's at Wigan, but despite Cabaye having a lack of match fitness i'd still like to hold onto him though, I reckon if last season is anything to go by he could be great this season! Means i will probaly start Noble ahead of him for GW1 but with West Ham at home to Villa that migh not be a bad thing!

Will leave me with a Mid field of:

Pienaar---Cazorla---Hazard---Noble

Still in 2 minds about Hazard though! Might bottle it and bring in Bale for the first few weeks and see how he gets on first!
    Aye I will plan onto holding Cabaye for now and I might fit in Mayaichi for Walters if starts getting points.

I wouldn't pick two new signings as they usually find form until mid season so I would say Bale is a safer option than Hazard. I'm not quite sure on Cazrola and I'm aware he is a great passer of the ball and has eyes for assists and goals but I doubt he'll shine until a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Finally someone replied to my post. I was getting worried :pac:.

Yea I've noticed from looking through the thread that a lot of teams are becoming more and more similar. I'm sure that'll change after a couple of weeks.

The only reason I have De Gea in there is because I wanted some United defensive cover. The better option with regard to alternating home and away fixtures would be a Stoke keeper. Unfortunately I haven't a clue who that's going to be. Sorenson retired from international football this week so that throws another spanner in the works. The last thing I want is to find one of my keepers is a benchwarmer and Jaaskelainen is my starting keeper.

I've gone with Green and Jaskelainen. The only reason I went for Jussi is because he rotates well with Green. For me, Green could prove to be one of the best value players in the game. Things could go the other way of course because QPR kept very few clean sheets last season but I do think he's a good goalkeeper and that QPR will improve significantly under Hughes, both in defence and as a team.

Like you, Begovic or Sorensen would be in there if it was confirmed which was playing. My choice would be a Stoker keeper and Green if possible, even though they don't rotate well. That said, I'm growing to like the idea of Jussi more by the day. We all know Allardcye is going to do whatever it takes to keep West Ham up and I can see that being terrible long ball football where they try to nip a goal and keep alot of men back. They don't have the players for much else.

I've spent my full 100 million and not held back cash like you. My plan is always to play my wildcard at week 3 during the international break. I don't see much point of holding onto it beyond that. See what players are playing well for the first three gameweeks and then get them in.

I've gone with a cheap few defenders who could score because if a cheap defender scores early in the season, they are transferred in by the bucketload and tend to fly up in value e.g. Cahill last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Almost getting sick of this now. No doubt this won't be my team come Sat morning.

LFKMU.png
    de Gea / Begovic
    Vidic / Cole / Zabaleta / Coloccini / Clyne
    Hazard / Kagawa / Larsson / N'Zogbia / Miachi
    Torres / Tevez / Graham

Should I keep this team...
    • Cole will be dropped for the first 4m defender that stands out, allowing me to upgrade my midfield and have a 3rd top player in there.
    • Hazard is also likely to be dropped by the time GW3 comes around.
    • I'll probably keep Torres. I'm not yet on board the "Must Get Rooney" train.
    • Then Vidic is on probation. Should Rafael or Jones look like regulars, they'll replace him. Not investing a cent in Ferdinand.
    • Zab > Lescott is a given at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭BlimpyBoy

168th draft. Likely to be changed as soon as I post this but...

8iLB2.png

2.5 million left over to swap Torres for someone better (Rooney probably) after GW1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭First Explorer

Playing around with this at the minute but keep changing my mind, any stand out players that should go?

[URL="[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/84958974@N03/7782271100/][img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7263/7782271100_e5fe30a264.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/84958974@N03/7782271100/]team[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/84958974@N03/]First Explorer[/url], on Flickr"][/url]7782271100_e5fe30a264.jpg team by First Explorer, on Flickr
    Sorry Torres should be there instead of rooney for the first GW at least, if he performs well will keep him and use the 2mil elsewere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

De Gea. Lescott --- A.Cole --- Konscielny N'Zogbia -- Yaya Toure -- Song -- Ramires. Rooney --- Tevez --- Torres. Any opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Lemlin wrote: »
    I've spent my full 100 million and not held back cash like you. My plan is always to play my wildcard at week 3 during the international break. I don't see much point of holding onto it beyond that. See what players are playing well for the first three gameweeks and then get them in.

I do this every season as well. Transfer window is closed and we know whos starting regularly.

With that in mind I'm going with the following for GW1-3. Opinions welcome!

Jussi/Ruddy (3 nice home games)

Cole/Hangeland/Williams/Collocini/Cuellar (Cole + the 2 who are at home)

Bale/Yaya/Ramires/Dyer/Noble (Ramires is my 'cheap' way into Chelsea mids)

Torres/Aguero/Graham

Have cash to do Cole to Lescott and Torres to Rooney if needs be after GW1.

Bit worried about having 3 Swansea but they have 2 home hames in the first 3, so think I'm going to risk it.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Scrappylad

[URL="[IMG]http://omg.wthax.org/ff_17.jpg[/IMG]"]ff_17.jpg[/URL]

Only rough but dont see too many changes coming up. Thinking replacing walters with Michu, or a different second keeper. Any thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Jaaskelainen & Mignolet (They will be rotated)

Coloccini Zabaleta Ashley Cole

Downing Silva Kagawa Santi Cazorla

Captain Torres Tevez Pogrebnyak

Subs; Kaboul, Luke Young & Diame

So what do people think of my 1,071 draft ha? Don't hold back....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, Davies isn't a City keeper but a Saints and rotates perfectly with Green for the season. I've done a little bit of thinkering with Rooney out for Torres, DGW is just too hard to ignore, and Ramires out for Bale. Maybe benching Bale till GW 2.

Draft 2:

EDIT: I might be talking crap...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

carlcon wrote: »
    Almost getting sick of this now. No doubt this won't be my team come Sat morning.

LFKMU.png
    de Gea / Begovic
    Torres / Tevez / Graham

• Cole will be dropped for the first 4m defender that stands out, allowing me to upgrade my midfield and have a 3rd top player in there.
    • Then Vidic is on probation. Should Rafael or Jones look like regulars, they'll replace him. Not investing a cent in Ferdinand.

I'm a little bewildered with your team selection, it just doesn't seem very "you"!

You are going to be relying heavily on United clean sheets to be picking up points.

I'm a little surprised you're going with Kagawa as there is some level of uncertainty about rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Anyone doing the Sun fantasy football?

Krull

Rafael Kompany Agger O'Shea

Silva Toure Carrick Bale

Rooney Borini

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

F1ngers wrote: »
    EDIT: I might be talking crap...

Say what??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

SmallBalls wrote: »
    Say what??

That's why I edited it, I might have been talking crap...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Shane732 wrote: »
    I'm a little bewildered with your team selection, it just doesn't seem very "you"!

You are going to be relying heavily on United clean sheets to be picking up points.

I'm a little surprised you're going with Kagawa as there is some level of uncertainty about rotation.

When I drop Cole for a cheap defender, and replace my worst performing MF and Hazard for the 2 MFs with the best start, I'll have exactly my usual "formula", with the exception of GKs, where I usually rotate 2 cheap ones.

There just isn't any value in the 4.5s this season. Begovic is one to keep an eye on, but Sorensen will always be there to annoy us.

Also, I'm not really relying heavily on United clean sheets at all. I've got 12 other players all capable of scoring well, with the exception of Clyne. And even so, clean sheets come more naturally to United than anyone else in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

de Gea / Begovic
    Torres / Tevez / Graham

Completely agree there, would much rather put the extra £2mil elsewhere in my team! Will more then likely transfer Torres out for Cisse if he's still on the form he was last season! Do you have any money left in the bank with that squad?

Hazard and Kagawa too? I though i was taking a risk with Cazorla and Hazard but i reckon Cazorla is nailed on to start for Arsenal, hopefully he's worth the 9 million now!

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Scrappylad

]ff_17.jpg[/URL]

Only rough but dont see too many changes coming up. Thinking replacing walters with Michu, or a different second keeper. Any thoughts.[/Quote]
    Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

de Gea / Begovic
    Torres / Tevez / Graham

There is NO WAY I would have N'Zogbia in my team. He's been awful in preseason and looks totally disinterested. I would either

a). Swap him for another 6.5m mid
    or
    2). If you want a Villa player, swap him for Ireland, and spend the extra 1.0m elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Amidst all the drama of picking players for my team I've forgotten that I actually have to pick a starting 11 and then choose my captain and vice captain. I'll need another week to settle on that.

I heard one lad at training tonight mentioning Lampard as his captain. Could be a great one, but it also has an appearance points total of 8 points written all over it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Amidst all the drama of picking players for my team I've forgotten that I actually have to pick a starting 11 and then choose my captain and vice captain. I'll need another week to settle on that.

I heard one lad at training tonight mentioning Lampard as his captain. Could be a great one, but it also has an appearance points total of 8 points written all over it.

It isn't a bad shout at all because Lampard will definitely be on penalties and it would be unusual for Lampard not to get a few chances to score from open play against the likes of Wigan and Reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭duiggers

Scrappylad wrote: »
    ]ff_17.jpg[/URL]

Only rough but dont see too many changes coming up. Thinking replacing walters with Michu, or a different second keeper. Any thoughts.
    Bump[/QUOTE]

Ya might wanna look at the defense again because R Taylor might not get much game time for Newcastle so you'll need to keep an eye out for predicted starting line ups. Newcastle have cheaper defenders that are more likely to start.

Also not wise to have 2 defenders from any team, let alone a recently promoted West Ham side

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Here's my current setup:

dws37k.png

• GK: I've gone for two cheap keepers in Federici and Jaakelainen. I think Hart is too expensive, there's a lot of uncertainty about De Gea and I don't really like Liverpool and Arsenal's opening fixtures.
    • DEF: I'm fairly happy with my main 4 of Cole, Hangeland, Shawcross and Cuellar. Demel is a risk in that he may not start. My intention is to replace Cole after gameweek 2 with a cheap defender as my others have decent fixtures.
    • MID: I think Bale is the most secure sub 10m midfielder available. Kagawa is a risk and I'm still not sure I'll keep him, but I need some Man Utd coverage. Piennar and McClean I reckon are the two best 6.5 mids to start with because of their fixtures and Noble at 5 is good value because of set pieces.
    • FOR: Torres has the double gameweek and is seeming like a must-start for that. Tevez, for me, has just as much big play ability as Aguero and thus is a no-brainer given his lower price. Jelavic is a bit or a strange one I admit, but I think he has great opening fixtures and good make for a good differential.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Scrappylad wrote: »
    ]ff_17.jpg[/URL]

Bump[/QUOTE]

Silva wont be fit for the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

keano_afc wrote: »
    Bump

Silva wont be fit for the new season.[/QUOTE]

Also not too sure on ddg, still think hes just a little too suspect at high balls. Maybe after xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭razor425

Thoughts on this team please??

Rudddy, Jaaskalinen,
    Fabio, Rafael, Cole A, Hangeland, Warnock
    Kagawa, Hazard, Cazorla, Ryo, Noble
    Torres, Tevez, Bent

Not sure about the 3 new boys in midfield. All thoughts appreciated.

Getting closer and closer to my final team...

2vc84tt.jpg

Still have 2m in the bank for Torres -> Rooney if neccessary. There's every chance I'll end up using the money elsewhere but it's been nice to work off 98m. If Torres has a decent start and Rooney flops then the 2m can safely be used elsewhere.

I think Dempsey is a better shout than Bale at the moment, and I'm wary of going with Hazard - Kagawa is already a gamble. Happy with defence and attack, but I may tinker with MF before Saturday. A lot depends on whether players look likely to start or not. In MF alone, Kagawa, Nolan, Kacaniklic and Dempsey aren't guaranteed to start. Same with Tevez & McCartney.

Larrson, Nolan and Riise are my differentials I think. All owned by less than 10% and all well capable of returning points. Like every season though, I'll likely use my WC in the first few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Looking for some feedback on my team...

FFDraft.png

Its very hard to pick Spurs, Chelsea(I know I've three, but pretty certain they'll all start), City & Pool players as its going to be very hard to see how they are going to be lining out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

roryc wrote: »
    Getting closer and closer to my final team...

2vc84tt.jpg

Still have 2m in the bank for Torres -> Rooney if neccessary. There's every chance I'll end up using the money elsewhere but it's been nice to work off 98m. If Torres has a decent start and Rooney flops then the 2m can safely be used elsewhere.

I think Dempsey is a better shout than Bale at the moment, and I'm wary of going with Hazard - Kagawa is already a gamble. Happy with defence and attack, but I may tinker with MF before Saturday. A lot depends on whether players look likely to start or not. In MF alone, Kagawa, Nolan, Kacaniklic and Dempsey aren't guaranteed to start. Same with Tevez & McCartney.

Larrson, Nolan and Riise are my differentials I think. All owned by less than 10% and all well capable of returning points. Like every season though, I'll likely use my WC in the first few weeks.

Dempsey has played zero pre-season. Also, I think McCartney is injured.

• Advertisement

keano_afc wrote: »
    Dempsey has played zero pre-season. Also, I think McCartney is injured.

Yep same with Nolan, he's been out with a toe injury. I'll make a decision on these three on Sat morning after scouring the web for info.

If they look like playing though this will be my team.

Advertisement