Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate My Team thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Would anyone be so kind as to rate this?

ffteam.png

Any feedback is most welcome :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

THFC wrote: »

ffteam.png

Id change a few things, for a start Britton isn't going to bring many points to your team FF wise so get him out, somebody like Noble off West Ham would be a better option! For the price of Lennon there are much better options around the 6.5 million mark, there is a whole thread dedicated to this! Even as a Liverpool fan I wouldn't have Suarez in my squad at the very start of the season! Will wait to see how his form is before even considering him! For 9.5mil Cisse would be a much better option! but you should look at maybe having 2 really strong forwards and a cheaper option Pog/Graham/Petric/Vaz Te etc.

Do you have money in the bank with this squad??

Id also look at a cheaper option for your keeper and think about strengthening your defence and your bench! Cant see Kelly or Wilson scoring too well!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

THFC wrote: »

ffteam.png

Too many Spurs players :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 46 spurskiely

Lads any help posting picture of team from iPad . All help great full . Thanks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I use Photobucket from the iPhone, see if the iPad has it too and use it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭farranreeboy

Krul

Fabio Riise Santos

Valencia Silva Bale Hazard

Ba Agureo Pogrebnyak Thoughts???

Thanks MR moon can get the link up can't seem to get pic . Better than nothing I suppose . Best of luck wit ur team .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Rud wrote: »
    This i my second time at this post.Any advice/abuse is greatly appreciated

fanprem_1.jpg

I'd drop Scholes and Neville and get two 5.0 options instead. The popular ones are Noble and Maloney. Actually I'd drop Kompany for another 6.0 City defender (Clichy/Zabaleta) than you'd be able to replace Scholes and Neville for one 6.5 mid and one 5.0 mid. (My choices would be Pienaar and Maloney).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fabians94

First post on these message boards. Thought of getting some insight on my team.

How does this look?
    Frederici

Clichy - Fabio - Coloccini

Bale - Cabaye - Mata - Walters

Rooney (V) - Aguero (C) - Pogrebnyak

Subs: Green - Wilson - Cuellar - Frei

Thought of upgrading pog to bent and downgrading bale to someone >7.5

1m left in the bank.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

spurskiely wrote: »

What you need to do here is get the "direct link" for that image, then find the "insert image" icon in the toolbar as you make a post here. Enter direct link into the insert image box, and you're sorted!

Oh and if you want everyone to be able to critique your team, it also helps to type out the names too (not everyone can see the images from work).

Anyway...
    spurskiely's team
    ZYipw.png

I think you've got too many Spurs players, and there's better value than Sinclair for under 7m, IMO. Clichy may also be a rotation risk.

Walters, Pienaar, and Lescott could all improve your team, IMO. Cisse in for Ade would be a good straight swap too, probably. Also money to be saved if you went for Bent.

carlcon wrote: »
    What you need to do here is get the "direct link" for that image, then find the "insert image" icon in the toolbar as you make a post here. Enter direct link into the insert image box, and you're sorted!

Oh and if you want everyone to be able to critique your team, it also helps to type out the names too (not everyone can see the images from work).

Anyway...
    spurskiely's team
    ZYipw.png

I think you've got too many Spurs players, and there's better value than Sinclair for under 7m, IMO. Clichy may also be a rotation risk.

Walters, Pienaar, and Lescott could all improve your team, IMO. Cisse in for Ade would be a good straight swap too, probably. Also money to be saved if you went for Bent.

Thanks very much for team pic makes it a lot easier . Was thinking about Pienaar very good option at price . I'm a spurs so have to stop letting my heart rule my head . No good in this game . Will work on second draft and see how I get on . Thanks again for help .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Id change a few things, for a start Britton isn't going to bring many points to your team FF wise so get him out, somebody like Noble off West Ham would be a better option! For the price of Lennon there are much better options around the 6.5 million mark, there is a whole thread dedicated to this! Even as a Liverpool fan I wouldn't have Suarez in my squad at the very start of the season! Will wait to see how his form is before even considering him! For 9.5mil Cisse would be a much better option! but you should look at maybe having 2 really strong forwards and a cheaper option Pog/Graham/Petric/Vaz Te etc.

Do you have money in the bank with this squad??

Id also look at a cheaper option for your keeper and think about strengthening your defence and your bench! Cant see Kelly or Wilson scoring too well!
    Cheers!
    No money in the bank, I tried having a strong all round team last year and it didn't work, I eventually had to cash in some midfs and defs for a striker or two, compared with 2 years ago where I had a similarly weighted team and did very well. As for Britton he's 4.5, and a guaranteed starter, so I kind of need him. Cech and Cashley will be transfered out for Clichy and Hart after the first gameweek, and Bale will be making his way into my team rapid enough. My gamble this year is on Suarez. I know his return last year was poor, but he was never partnered with a decent striker, which he has this season in Borini. I'll have a look at replacements for Lennon alright, and as for the other mentioned I just really was filling in the gaps. I'll try and take a look through those threads, thanks very much!!

spurskiely wrote: »
    Thanks very much for team pic makes it a lot easier . Was thinking about Pienaar very good option at price . I'm a spurs so have to stop letting my heart rule my head . No good in this game . Will work on second draft and see how I get on . Thanks again for help .

Haha i'm a Liverpool fan so i feel your pain! Have been burned too many times for thinking with my heart instead of my head in this game! Not this year though;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,637 ✭✭✭✭dahat

This team leaves me with a bank pf 5.0 million......any suggestions??
    f938912b5f14b265d9b167204d0e8525.png?1344428031

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

Rooneys form doesnt inspire me with confidence so ive come up with another team not sure if ill go with it though because the rooney/aguero combo is perfect for captain rotation, anyway please rate this for me, the idea here is to rotate petric against either michu or graham from week to week

rsz_marks_team_1000.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

I figured I'd let this team stew in my head for a bit. No United players at all due to the uncertainty around them.

The key here is having expensive players I don't want long-term so I can easily bring in United players as we get an idea of who Fergie fancies this season.

Rafeal or Jones will come in for Cole.
    Kagawa/Valenica/Young/Nani can all come in for Hazard. Or even Silva if he's as bad as people are predicting here.
    Welbeck can come in for Torres if he's playing. Rooney will have to impress to make me spend 12m on him.

The one thing I'm happy with here is how Coloccini and Hengeland have alt home/away fixtures after GW3. That'll be super-handy.

UcQZC.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

carlcon wrote: »
    I figured I'd let this team stew in my head for a bit. No United players at all due to the uncertainty around them.

The key here is having expensive players I don't want long-term so I can easily bring in United players as we get an idea of who Fergie fancies this season.

Rafeal or Jones will come in for Cole.
    Kagawa/Valenica/Young/Nani can all come in for Hazard. Or even Silva if he's as bad as people are predicting here.
    Welbeck can come in for Torres if he's playing. Rooney will have to impress to make me spend 12m on him.

The one thing I'm happy with here is how Coloccini and Hengeland have alt home/away fixtures after GW3. That'll be super-handy.

UcQZC.png

I think Aguero is going to be pretty much essential, rate my latest :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

Pretty happy with this. 0 left in bank and can't think I have any glaring omissions. Any suggestions/comments would be much appreciated.

scaled.php?server=502&filename=teamvmb.jpg&res=landing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

I had to weaken my defence to get Graham in as the hat-trick last night has just my mind up about him. 6 million is a steal. I also think Snodgrass is gonna be good but that's probably a pre-season hunch. Here's the team:

24wyt5i.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Anyone considering Tony Hibbert? He scored a lovely goal tonight. It was a free from the edge of the box.

He's only 5.5. Could be a bargain. Almost offers as much going forward as Baines does. Almost. :D

Anyone considering Tony Hibbert? He scored a lovely goal tonight. It was a free from the edge of the box.

He's only 5.5. Could be a bargain. Almost offers as much going forward as Baines does. Almost. :D

I have him in my team, he done well for me at the end of last season, and as you say at 5.5mil he's good value!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 fabians94

fabians94 wrote: »
    First post on these message boards. Thought of getting some insight on my team.

How does this look?
    Frederici

Clichy - Fabio - Coloccini

Bale - Cabaye - Mata - Walters

Rooney (V) - Aguero (C) - Pogrebnyak

Subs: Green - Wilson - Cuellar - Frei

Thought of upgrading pog to bent and downgrading bale to someone >7.5

1m left in the bank.

Thoughts?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Dacelonid

Can I get peoples thoughts on this team please

capturecxj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

fabians94 wrote: »
    Anyone?

Good team IMO. Only worries I'd have are:

Clichy - I'd swap him out. Kolarov is still at City so its hard to know who will play left back. Mancini has also been trialling a 3-5-2 with Kolarov and Zabaleta playing.

Midfield is strong but I'd swap Mata out if it was me. Mata has had a tough euros and is only back at Chelsea after the Olympics. I'd see Hazard as an alternative if you want a Chelsea player or maybe consider Bale or Siggy. Spurs have an easy start.

The strikers would be three common for most teams and the only one I'd be worried about is Pog. That said, you are restricted by value.

Your bench is good except for Frei who I'm not sure will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

this is my 28th draft and i have 1.5 left in the bank to give room to change

2012x.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

Dacelonid wrote: »
    Can I get peoples thoughts on this team please

Ditch Barnett, he won't be playing much for us. Go with Russell Martin or Ryan Bennett.

Latest squad selection!

Had to spend my last £1mil swapping Yaya for Carzola! Hopefully he's a regular starter at £9mil hes not cheap! Also i've become a bit of a sheep and swapped my keeper choice of Krul/Mignolet to De Gea/Begovic as so many other seem to have this pair!

Fairly happy with this team now, the only thing i'm still considering is Hibbert to Coloccini to free up .5mil and when i ship Torres out after GW1/2 for Cisse I'll have £1mil to play with again!

captureenx.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

redzerdrog wrote: »
    this is my 28th draft and i have 1.5 left in the bank to give room to change

2012x.png

thinking of re-jigging my back line. Gona take out santon as I just dont fancy Newcastle this year and the other one i am not sure on is Jenkinson, will he be a starter? has he played in pre-season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Sagna is nearing return so I won't touch Jenkinson for now.

Advertisement