Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fantastic Four (Reboot)

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,144 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Guess he won't be playing The Leader anytime soon then!

Different studios so it's still a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,295 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Fantastic Four reboot film will reimagine Doctor Doom
    "anti-social programmer"
    The character will no longer be known as Victor Von Doom in the 20th Century Fox movie.

"He's Victor Domashev, not Victor Von Doom in our story," said Kebbell. "And I'm sure I'll be sent to jail for telling you that.

"The Doom in ours - I'm a programmer. Very anti-social programmer. And on blogging sites I'm 'Doom'."

The actor also commented on Trank's "ultra-real" approach to the classic Marvel Comics property.
    Link

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That sounds more than a little lame; perhaps my memory's unreliable, but I've yet to see Hollywood make a
    hacker
    threatening. Pretty silly attempt to make this story 'modern'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

This has sent fans over the edge. I'm keeping an open mind, but why the need for such a drastic reimagining of Doom?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

"Ultra real"? The get bombarded with cosmic radiation which gives them super powers, including being on fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Trank just wants to make Chronicle 2 clearly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Apparently in Trank's vision the 'Silver Surfer' is a 75yo man who keeps posting his google searches on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"The actor also commented on Trank's "ultra-real" approach to the classic Marvel Comics property."

Nobody has any superpowers, Sue and Johnny only see each other at Christmas and family reunions, The Thing just has bad psoriasis, and Mr Fantastic is now just called Mr Richards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

After being exposed to cosmic radiation, the fantastic four become uber-talented computer people. So Mr Fantastic is an elite white-hat hacker, fighting back against Doom. Sue Storm is a firewall expert. The wise cracking, human torch is an expert with fiber optics networks and a bit of a ladies-nerd, and the Thing is a rotund, grumpy programmer who isnt much fun to be around, but can "crunch code" or as he calls it, "clobber code" better than anyone else. Together this motley crew of geniuses battle Julio Doomashek's evil plots to take down twitter. Its clobberin ttime!

So basically Scorpio the movie.

Or the actor was yanking the journo's chain.

“THE FANTASTIC FOUR, a contemporary re-imagining of Marvel’s original and longest-running superhero team, centers on four young outsiders who teleport to an alternate and dangerous universe, which alters their physical form in shocking ways. Their lives irrevocably upended, the team must learn to harness their daunting new abilities and work together to save Earth from a former friend turned enemy.”

Chronicle 2 by the looks of it.

The Fantastic Four it's not.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2014/12/03/new-fantastic-four-plot-details-revealed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

“THE FANTASTIC FOUR, a contemporary re-imagining of Marvel’s original and longest-running superhero team, centers on four young outsiders who teleport to an alternate and dangerous universe, which alters their physical form in shocking ways. Their lives irrevocably upended, the team must learn to harness their daunting new abilities and work together to save Earth from a former friend turned enemy.”

Chronicle 2 by the looks of it.

The Fantastic Four it's not.

Oh god... Source?

Oh god... Source?

Added.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Sounds like the "Ultimate FF" version of how they got their powers - in which case Reed is certainly a big old brainy geek which is more than the previous movies had.

Urghhh

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭wonderboy76

With so much bad press and reaction to this movie, you’d think Fox would be releasing something, anything, to show their confidence in the project. Official stills, a teaser or even just chuck Stan Lee a few quid to say nice things about it on Twitter but NOTHING. Fans are left to process the horrible leaked green screen shots of Doom, read about lawyers slapping down sites for talking about the plot and now this godawful sounding synopsis. It may be brilliant, hell, it wouldn’t have to work very hard to beat the two Tim Story movies but nothing at the moment suggests Fox is remotely confident about this movie, considering it’s out next year.

I’ll stick with the Roger Corman version which may be as cheap as a portion of chips, but had bags of heart behind it rather than money men.

With so much bad press and reaction to this movie, you’d think Fox would be releasing something, anything, to show their confidence in the project. Official stills, a teaser or even just chuck Stan Lee a few quid to say nice things about it on Twitter but NOTHING. Fans are left to process the horrible leaked green screen shots of Doom, read about lawyers slapping down sites for talking about the plot and now this godawful sounding synopsis. It may be brilliant, hell, it wouldn’t have to work very hard to beat the two Tim Story movies but nothing at the moment suggests Fox is remotely confident about this movie, considering it’s out next year.

I’ll stick with the Roger Corman version which may be as cheap as a portion of chips, but had bags of heart behind it rather than money men.

At least the last two had Jessica Alba and her underwear!!

At least the last two had Jessica Alba and her underwear!!

I'm more of a Chris Evans kinda guy.

I'm more of a Chris Evans kinda guy.

He got his kit off enough in Captain America for ya.
    I did laugh at the Agent Carter moment where she just had to touch him

He got his kit off enough in Captain America for ya.
    I did laugh at the Agent Carter moment where she just had to touch him

You don't need to remind me! :-)

Yes, that was a funny moment. The girls (and a few guys) gave a little whoop in the cinema at that bit.

Has anyone else seen the Corman version btw? Easy to track down on youtube and worth a watch if you're a comic or FF fan and have nowt else to do on a rainy afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

The first trailer is surprisingly good. Nice tone to it, beautiful choice of music. The Thing looks quite cool too. Could be a glimmer of hope for this yet...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I criticised the Fantastic 4 earlier for being just far too goofy to live, but this feels like they're going in the complete opposite direction, trading on the grimdark, tortured-souls direction. The trailer looks enticing, but tone can be a tricky balancing act.

I did read some interesting comments from Josh Trank, who claimed the film is reaching for a more 'Cronenberg-ian' approach (his words) talking about how the characters will deal with their bodies changing out of their control. The idea of a PG-13 body horror film is pretty fascinating and it would a fairly unique take on the (cinematic) superhero genre as whole.

Oh don't they all look so pretty.
    Still meh

It's good to finally see something, and it looks an interesting direction for a superhero flick - But was FF the right property to do this with? It's a reasonably fun comic, certainly a colourful one, and this looks all dark, and grimm (pun intended) and I can't see how making them kids really adds anything.

But yes, good to have something - and we've yet to see the full reveals of Doom and The Thing yet... But Fox have got a lot of catching up to do to counter all the negative press their ladk of info has generated.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Looks better than I expected

In fairness now that's how to do a trailer for people like myself who were skeptical of this reboot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

... Alright, I'm mildly interested. Can't be any worse than the last fantastic four at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

As above, my interest has been re-piqued. The age of the characters/cast still doesn't sit well with me though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Not sure about the voice over but it certainly intrigues. What I find interesting is the less than polished look that you wouldn't typically associate with the genre.

Fox haven't helped their cause by their procrastination in regards to releasing well...anything from the film, but the teaser should at least calm the fears of some fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Dair76 wrote: »
    As above, my interest has been re-piqued. The age of the characters/cast still doesn't sit well with me though.

Seriously this looks like some James Bond jnr attempt at the Fantastic Four.
    The cast are way too young .

The trailer is trying to make it look a bit darker than normal which is a good thing but I have my doubts as Marvel films are kids films.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'm glad they went with a cg mo-cap Thing. Never liked Chilkis' prosthetic version.

Advertisement