Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

jack.ryan wrote: »
    Down 2Lb's, 21.5 in total since 8 January!!!

Congrats you seem to be doing really well:)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jack.ryan

Zanablue wrote: »
    Congrats you seem to be doing really well:)

Thanks, I'm sure I'm due a bad week soon

jack.ryan wrote: »
    Thanks, I'm sure I'm due a bad week soon

Don't think like that and keep positive, at the moment you and some of the other posters are giving me some inspiration.

A bad week is a fact of life, you take it, you own it and you move on.

Same as all disappointments in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Down 3.5lbs this week! Absolutely delighted :) Got my stone so now down 16.5lbs in 8 weeks! Hope everyone has a great long weekend xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭shivers27

Hi everyone, this is only my 3 rd week doing WW. I lost 4.5 lbs the first week with simple start then STS the 2 nd week doing F&H. I was pretty disappointed not to loose anything the 2 nd week so I've changed to pro points this week !!

I'm curious to know what plan most of you guys do ? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

I use the pro points plan as I tried the SS but it didn't suit me, I ate way too much. I need more control over food :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

shivers27 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, this is only my 3 rd week doing WW. I lost 4.5 lbs the first week with simple start then STS the 2 nd week doing F&H. I was pretty disappointed not to loose anything the 2 nd week so I've changed to pro points this week !!

Propoints Monday to Friday and filling and healthy at the weekend

eviltwin wrote: »
    Propoints Monday to Friday and filling and healthy at the weekend

I never would have thought of mixing the plans !! Interesting :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

That's interesting, I've heard of a couple of people doing it that way.

I do the ProPoints plan. I found SS wasn't for me, I tried it for 2 or 3 weeks back in January but I was eating too much. I like the control of the ProPoints. Also, I still live at home and don't really have control over dinner, so I was finding that I was having to use my treats/weeklies on my meals.

I much prefer ProPoints I have to say. I found I didn't lose any weight with SS.

I rejoined three weeks ago, went pack to pointing and I've lost 2lbs. I know it's not a lot but my weight was creeping back up before I rejoined. My lowest was 9st 2 and I'd put on a stone since then. I'm back to having 3 stone lost now, I'm 10st exactly. This week I'm hoping to go back under that.

:)

Edit: It's all about finding what plan suits you. What suits me might no suit you and so on. Give Simple Start a try, it could work for you. It's working for an awful lot of people evidently, the leaders are all using that plan as far as I know. :)

• Advertisement

I meant to say as well that while I pro point I try and eat filling and healthy foods as they are the "better" ones (for me at least) so it's slightly a mix and match. Our leader is always saying you can do F&H days while on pro points so it's definitely doable.

Well done everyone on the losses, this week seems good for a good few of us. We'll get there :)

I use the points as I don't trust myself portion wise with the F&H!

granniecaz wrote: »
    I use the points as I don't trust myself portion wise with the F&H!

Yeah I think that's what happened me the week I did it. It says no need to measure etc but I think you have to be very careful with the amount of carbs you eat ? I reckon I ate too much bread, slimbos , crumpets etc !!!!

Hopefully counting points this week will result in a loss

Down 3.5lbs this week! Absolutely delighted :) Got my stone so now down 16.5lbs in 8 weeks! Hope everyone has a great long weekend xx

Congrats

I do PP, but I have a high limit.

Aldi porridge for breakfast single serving tub is 4 or 5 points depending on the flavour

Aldi summer salad with basil dressing 5 points 4 W/Watcher bread and butter 5 points
    John West tuna/mackerel with a twist (2 or 3 points depending on dressing) and 2 W/Watcher yougharts 2 points

Monday to Friday Breakfast and lunch for 19/20 points snack on apples, grapes or bananas during the day.

Yeah I think that's what happened me the week I did it. It says no need to measure etc but I think you have to be very careful with the amount of carbs you eat ? I reckon I ate too much bread, slimbos , crumpets etc !!!!

Hopefully counting points this week will result in a loss

Those are the things I really have to be careful with as well! I try not to eat bread now, but allow myself some at weekends, but that's just me. Everyone is different but reducing bread intake is definitely something I find which makes a difference. Even when I do eat it now, it doesn't agree with my stomach at all! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭effibear

Lost 3.5lbs week one, delighted as I felt I was eating all week. I've tried pointing today but head is wrecked measuring so might just stick to f&h. Anyone know any good blogs for f&h recipes- most seem to be focused on pointing?

I've been so bold tonight. :(

I had 4 drinks while I was out and then got a chicken wrap on the way home.. :(

Maybe if I just use my 26 daily PPs and get some exercise, if might balance itself out and I won't gain this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I weighed myself this morning and, somehow, I'm down 3 pounds :D I had two days were I ate everything but the rest of the week I tried to eat within reason, I was still way above my points each day though. I did work it out on calories as well though and it wasn't a crazy high number. Back on track today, aim is to stick to my dailies only this week if at all possible!

I must have done something right this week after my night out on Saturday, I was down half a pound! That's 2.5lbs in 4 weeks, slowly but surely, eh? :)

• Advertisement

I have been ridiculous since last Sunday! God help me at my weigh in tomorrow!!

I have been ridiculous since last Sunday! God help me at my weigh in tomorrow!!

I will keep my fingers crossed for both of us. I have slipped up so many times this weekend that it could be the scale of shame for me tomorrow:o

Good luck with the weigh in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

scale of shame for me this morning. 2.5 pounds on. that is nearly all my good work from last week undone. ah well i enjoyed my 4 day weekend. time to get moving more wanna get my 2nd silver seven hopefully by this time next month.

lycan238 wrote: »
    scale of shame for me this morning. 2.5 pounds on. that is nearly all my good work from last week undone. ah well i enjoyed my 4 day weekend. time to get moving more wanna get my 2nd silver seven hopefully by this time next month.

It's always hard when we're out of our routine, be it off work or have a long weekend! Good luck getting your silver seven :)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

Had dinner out on Tuesday. Got food poisoning. All of us that ate there have been feeling awful since. So bloated too. Weighed myself this morning just out of curiosity - 6 pounds up in the space of 3 or 4 days. Lots of water for me until this bloating goes. So frustrating!!

So was up 2.5 lbs which was roughly what I expected! But going to just take that on the chin & move on. Back on track this week :) Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Down 4.5 lbs !!! Absolutely delighted :-)

I've been thinking about Easter eggs and had a look at the lowest points ones ... A small curly wurly one is 12 pps, which is pretty good I thought. Also a small Freddo one is 14 PP's. I can't seem to see a curly wurly one any where tho !! Has anyone seen one ?! Thanks

Down 4.5 lbs !!! Absolutely delighted :-)

I've been thinking about Easter eggs and had a look at the lowest points ones ... A small curly wurly one is 12 pps, which is pretty good I thought. Also a small Freddo one is 14 PP's. I can't seem to see a curly wurly one any where tho !! Has anyone seen one ?! Thanks

Congrats

Was down 4lbs today, astounded at that to be honest. We'll see next week.

No easter egg for me but I did have a segment of chocolate orange which I found out today are only 1 point! Delighted with that news.

• Advertisement

Was down 4lbs today, astounded at that to be honest. We'll see next week.

No easter egg for me but I did have a segment of chocolate orange which I found out today are only 1 point! Delighted with that news.

Congrats

Advertisement