Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

effibear wrote: »
    Thanks, joined today. Already feel more focused than I did with the online one. I did fine on that before but have had a baby since so feel like I'm starting from scratch a bit. How do you know your goal weight, the leader just told me to aim for 7 pounds, and then work from there?

Hi, they don't usually give you your goal till you get to the lower weights, or near what they think your goal should be. It helps to stay more focused by just losing seven pounds at a time, I find it helps me to have small goals. Congrats on the baby and good luck for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

effibear wrote: »
    Thanks, joined today. Already feel more focused than I did with the online one. I did fine on that before but have had a baby since so feel like I'm starting from scratch a bit. How do you know your goal weight, the leader just told me to aim for 7 pounds, and then work from there?
    Zanablue wrote: »
    Hi, they don't usually give you your goal till you get to the lower weights, or near what they think your goal should be. It helps to stay more focused by just losing seven pounds at a time, I find it helps me to have small goals. Congrats on the baby and good luck for next week.

I joined in January and have not got a goal weight yet. I have an idea in my head of where I would like to be and like has been discussed I will take it 7 pounds at a time. Best to aim short term initially and work from there. A goal to loose a large amount of weight initially (ie 10 stone +) may make smaller losses (7 pounds or 5% of 10 stone) seem insignificant even though its a great achievement.

* Not saying you or anyone has to loose 10 stone just used that for percentage reference points.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I got my goal when I joined originally. Maybe it's changed now.

Despite going to Nandos yesterday I only ended up using 10 of my 49 and I haven't gone over my daily PPs every other day. I've also got at least 40 minutes exercise everyday. I'll be a little disappointed if I'm not down this week, but I don't want to jinx it.

I got my goal when I joined originally. Maybe it's changed now.

Despite going to Nandos yesterday I only ended up using 10 of my 49 and I haven't gone over my daily PPs every other day. I've also got at least 40 minutes exercise everyday. I'll be a little disappointed if I'm not down this week, but I don't want to jinx it.

Hi purple, Glad to see you have got your mojo back, hopefully both of us see our goal this summer:). I think sometimes the longer you are trying to lose weight the harder it gets.. You have done brilliantly anyway so don't let the odd pound or two get you down.

I think as far as goal weight goes it also depends on the leader wether they give one or not, a few I have attended over the years haven't.

I definitely have. I'm more focused for sure. Goal, here I come!!!

• Advertisement

Definitely agree the longer you're trying, the harder it seems to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Janet Sligo

Hello all,

I did WW a few years ago and lost about 40lbs but since then I've managed to gain back a good lot of that so I've finally decided to start my WW journey again!

I used to find this forum really helpful before so I've set up a new account and am ready to go!

I'm doing it myself at home, doing propoints and weighing in on a Friday morning. Does anyone else do it at home? I don't find the meetings/leaders in my area very good so I hope that I'll have the motivation to lose the weight myself. I'm going on holiday in September and have set up a weight loss tracker for myself to hopefully get to my goal.

I did do Simple Start for a while earlier this year but I didn't find it worked very well for me, I think my portion sizes are too big!!

Anyway, it's good to be back and any help/advice is much appreciated.

Welcome along, Janet, and best of luck!

Personally, I wasn't able to lose much without the meeting, but give it a go and see what you think. I didn't really like Simple Start either. I was like you, my portions are way too big, so weighing and measuring and the control of ProPoints was much better. I rejoined after about 2 months away three weeks ago and I've lost 0.5lb (last week was the dreaded time of the month and I never lose that week.). This week I've had a very good week.

I found a recipe for curry and carrot soup if anyone is interested. I made it yesterday and had it for lunch today, it's absolutely delicious.

Here's the link!

Sounds yum!

My other half has been making lovely roasted veg lately with the garlic spray oil and adding chilli salt. He did a whole tray of onions, peppers, courgettes, mushrooms and garlic last night and it was really yummy. So handy too, spray it all, throw on some chilli salt and whatever seasoning you like, and chuck it in the oven!

I've been to all the leaders here and they tend to just repeat the same stuff over and over without anything new to say and hardly any discussion with anyone at the meeting, so I don't think I can be bothered. I know I have weight to lose and picturing myself on the beach in September should be enough to shock me into making good decisions! (hopefully)

That sounds amazing. I meant to pick up that garlic spray oil, is it nice?

I'm finding that with my own leader at the moment. My old leader was great, but I find since Simple Start was rolled out that they seem to be concentrating on that and forgotten about people like me that prefer ProPoints.

• Advertisement

Yeah I just found the leaders were trotting out the same old sayings every so often and not really trying so I don't feel like I'm missing anything.

I think the garlic spray is nice, but then we add loads of garlic to most of our food anyway! It comes in chili oil too I think, must try that.

Do you know how many PP are in the Aldi version of Slimbos? I'm guessing it's probably 3 same as 'real' Slimbos but can't find my WW calculator. :/

I find the same but I find if I don't go I seem to have no focus for the week :o

I think I'll have a look for those spray oils.

Not sure about those tbh, probably in or around the same I'd imagine.

OK cool. Must have a proper look for my calculator later, tis very handy.

I'm also liking the fat free greek style lemon yogurts from Aldi - very creamy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

OK cool. Must have a proper look for my calculator later, tis very handy.

I'm also liking the fat free greek style lemon yogurts from Aldi - very creamy.

There is an online propoints calculator on the Weightwatchers Ireland website, just scroll down to the bottom of the home page, it will keep you going until you find yours. :)

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Going tonight, have missed the last 2 weeks with work and hair appointments (priorities :P) so I'm dreading it, have had a lot on so Lord alone knows. Fingers crossed!!

Well done everyone on the losses, this bright weather is making me more determined, walk later tonight as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Missed official WI because of work, and next week it falls on St Patrick's Day.
    Have lost my mojo a bit, over the past week or so. Haven't gone overboard, but just don't feel as focused.
    I am going to try and get to WI on Wednesday next week, if possible, and if I get to stay the same, happy days.

Best of luck everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

I was down a pound, I was fairly amazed but I'll take it. Heading to Boston on Sunday with work so I'll have to really watch myself over there, massive portions are a killer. Still, I shouldn't complain :)

Good luck with the rest of the week everyone.

Well done CorkClaire82!

I'm weighing in at 5.15 this evening. I have the pre-WI jitters! :p

Well done CorkClaire82!

I'm weighing in at 5.15 this evening. I have the pre-WI jitters! :p

Good luck with the weigh in:)

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

My weigh in is tomorrow evening! Slightly worried but think I've been pretty good. Did have a blowout breakfast after the run last saturday but felt I deserved it! :) Good luck with your weigh in's one and all :) xx

• Advertisement

granniecaz wrote: »
    My weigh in is tomorrow evening! Slightly worried but think I've been pretty good. Did have a blowout breakfast after the run last saturday but felt I deserved it! :) Good luck with your weigh in's one and all :) xx

Good luck, I have mine tomorrow morning and I am not looking forward to it:(

Woohoo, I'm down 1.5lbs!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 36 jack.ryan

Congrats

I was down a pound, I was fairly amazed but I'll take it. Heading to Boston on Sunday with work so I'll have to really watch myself over there, massive portions are a killer. Still, I shouldn't complain :)

Good luck with the rest of the week everyone.

Congrats

Excellent well done.

Down 3 pounds this week (the two pounds I put on last week plus a pound).

lycan238 wrote: »
    Excellent well done.

Down 3 pounds this week (the two pounds I put on last week plus a pound).

3lb is brilliant! Well done:)

Zanablue wrote: »
    3lb is brilliant! Well done:)

Thanks. One of the biggest losses of the week in my group if not the biggest (leader would not tell me for definite). We also got a new gold member as well as someone reached their target. We got loads of new tips from them.

Hey all, I am just back from my weigh in and I was down a half pound. I am delighted with that because I had a lot going on in the last couple of weeks.

Good luck everyone! Onwards and Downwards:)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I've already gone 9 points into my weeklies and my week doesn't start again until Monday. There will be a lot of veg eaten for the rest of the week!!

• Advertisement

Down 2Lb's, 21.5 in total since 8 January!!!

Advertisement