Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things WeightWatchers MkIII- *** Mod note- no links to blogs please**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Meeting this morning after joining 2 weeks ago and I had lost 4.5 pounds. delighted with that as I was off plan most of weekend. Hope this bad weather and slippy footpaths end soon so I can get out walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

1.5 down this week. Even better my jeans are no longer eating into me. I'm also finally starting to feel it's becoming easier. I'm not obsessed about food like I was in the first two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭9st n 09

Down a pound this week so happy out. Have a "normal" week at home and work so bar the odd glass of red and the odd Creme egg I should be be able to stay on track (ish)

Have a good week every body

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭Zanablue

Everyone is doing so well! I am off to my weigh in soon so hopefully I will have a loss when I report back later:)

Hey all, I had my weigh in and I was a half down, I am going to have to up my game this week. Anyway all we can do is keep trying. Onwards and Downwards:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 jack.ryan

Zanablue wrote: »
    Hey all, I had my weigh in and I was a half down, I am going to have to up my game this week. Anyway all we can do is keep trying. Onwards and Downwards:)

It all counts

I've been off sick with the flu dose this week and I'm not sure I'm going to be down, but still going to keep fighting, its actually easier as part of a group and that surprised me.

jack.ryan wrote: »
    It all counts

I've been off sick with the flu dose this week and I'm not sure I'm going to be down, but still going to keep fighting, its actually easier as part of a group and that surprised me.

0.5 down myself, 6.0 down since 8th January

jack.ryan wrote: »
    0.5 down myself, 6.0 down since 8th January

Well done:) Hopefully we can all keep it up with a bit of support from each other.

Yeah, I think I know what my problem was, a lack of measuring before cooking etc, rice and spuds were the killers I imagine.

I fell off the wagon on Saturday and climbed back on yesterday. Today I am really struggling and trying to hold off eating anything else till dinnertime. I think I am going to have to get a lock on the fridge, all I can think about at the moment is chocolate:confused:

Anyway I will continue fighting the urges:p hope everyone is doing well.

Onwards and Downwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CorkClaire82

Well I'd a hen on Saturday and while I made some good choices I made some really bad choices, I don't think crisp sandwiches are zero points :P However, I went for a walk yesterday and didn't eat all round me so that's a win. Back to normal today so hopefully didn't do too much damage yesterday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭intouch44

Can anybody tell me if baking powder and baking soda are free on filling & healthy and if not how many pp in a tablespoon of each?

Thanks!

intouch44 wrote: »
    Can anybody tell me if baking powder and baking soda are free on filling & healthy and if not how many pp in a tablespoon of each?

Thanks!

I checked my old book with the points in it and baking powder is 0 points for a teaspoon and 1 point for tablespoon. It doesn't list baking soda.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Well it was my birthday last week so was out for meals and a few drinks to celebrate! Did go to my spinning classes, but don't think that's going to counteract wine, 3 course dinners & chips for lunch one of the days! God help me at weigh in tonight!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I checked my old book with the points in it and baking powder is 0 points for a teaspoon and 1 point for tablespoon. It doesn't list baking soda.
    I would say baking soda couldn't have any points, it's just bicarbonate of soda.
    There reason there is a tiny amount of points in baking powder is because it's a mix of baking soda, cream of tartar and flour - the flour has points.

I would say baking soda couldn't have any points, it's just bicarbonate of soda.
    There reason there is a tiny amount of points in baking powder is because it's a mix of baking soda, cream of tartar and flour - the flour has points.

I'd put zero as well to be fair, I just never even though either of them would have points but then again that's probably why I'm back at WW for the 1000th time!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I'd put zero as well to be fair, I just never even though either of them would have points but then again that's probably why I'm back at WW for the 1000th time!!!
    Oh I don't think it's a big deal not giving points to baking powder, I mean if you put a point's worth in a cake, and divide it by eight slices or whatever...it's not the point in the baking powder that will make a difference! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Had my first official WI last week, since one sometime in early/ mid December.
    Had gained 4lbs, and I'd say half of that was since Christmas.

Anyway, back in the swing of things again, and was down two and a half pounds last night. Very happy with that. :)

Best of luck one and all, this week.

Stayed the same this week despite a feed of sandwiches and a third of an apple tart at half ten last night. back on track this week and hopefully will have my first 7 pounds lost for valentines day (2.5 lbs to go).

Hey all, I am just back from my meeting and I stayed the same this week. Onwards and Downwards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭SillyBeans

I'm trying to do it at home without going to meetings because the times don't really suit me with work. Struggling though. Seems to make it easier knowing that someone else will see the numbers on the scale. Still losing but not half as committed as I was when I went to a meeting.

Battled my way to Tallaght, took ages and then they had left by the time i got there! Boo. So 2 missed classes this week. I did weigh on Wednesday and i was down so that's good news.

I missed my meeting in Ballyfermot last night because of the snow, I'm actually disappointed as I feel I lost the pound (and more I hope) that I needed to hit the first months 1/2 stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭All4shopping

Anybody know if you buy the 6 classes for the price of 5 (prepay) can you attend a different class with it? Can't attend my normal class and have 4 weeks left of prepay on my card! Thanks!

Anybody know if you buy the 6 classes for the price of 5 (prepay) can you attend a different class with it? Can't attend my normal class and have 4 weeks left of prepay on my card! Thanks!

Yes, I've done that, it's not a problem.

Down 2, happy with that now. It's been 2 weeks since I've been and last week i was a little less vigilant so back to being super strict on myself. 2.5 months to this wedding :-)

Down 1.5 lbs last night, very happy.
    Best of luck everyone.

LynnGrace wrote: »
    Down 1.5 lbs last night, very happy.
    Best of luck everyone.

Well done!

Was bold and did not go to my meeting this morning but weighed myself on my own scales and i was down 2.6 pounds since last week. I keep measurements on my own scales and the one at class.

Best of luck everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭granniecaz

Weigh in for me was Tues and was down 2.5lbs so got my silver '7' after 3 weeks! Super delighted! Know that's the easiest 7lbs I'll lose and worried because I have failed so many times before. Really really want to keep this going, more than anything so fingers crossed. Saw somewhere it's 9 weeks to easter only and have a hen party May bank holiday in Spain so going to try and use that for motivation! Aiming for 2lbs a week so here's hoping!
    Good luck everyone! Onwards & downwards!

Advertisement