Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Tekkit Survival Server [Dedicated Server]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

While the server is down, I vote to allow nukes, on two conditions:

- The nuke is set off within a designated nuclear testing zone.
    - An admin is present to approve of the nuke.

:D

And kill the poor server in the process ;)

Server is going to be down for another while, bukkit is not playing well with tekkit. Still ironing out a few issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭electronige

:(:(:(:(:(:(:confused::eek::pac::(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

=( Now what do I do with my life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

Im gonna say it as it is , The Server ate the poo poo, many times

The Server Has finished eating the poo poo.

Aka the Server is back up :)

Also , Terraformers are like nukes , instaban , last thing we want is to log into a world of nether lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Thank god. there is a cow calving and it was going to be a long night.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Sorry about the delay.

We noticed some people where abusing certain commands like /kit, /suicide etc, so we had to disable these.

Industrial TNT & Nuke's can not be placed anymore, so waste your materials if you wish.

Terraformer's if used is an insta-ban for 1 week. We only kopped on, on how much damage they can actually do. We are currently working on disabling it, but atm if we do, we also seem to ban the macerator and 1 or 2 more blocks.

Anyways, we are trying to make this the best experience for you's, thanks for baring with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Well there goes my summer...

whitelist please GavMcG :)

welcome aboard gav :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Well there goes my summer...

whitelist please GavMcG :)

Done :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Mak_United wrote: »
    We noticed some people where abusing certain commands like /kit, /suicide etc, so we had to disable these.
    NOOO! Now what am I to do? Kill myself normally?

o read ur post wrong tought u said do i kill myself normally ,and normally on the server u do ,

but never do it irl ,dont like something change it !

• Registered Users Posts: 32 teishen

i broke a rule board. :[ sorry

it was about quarries, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I've moved to a new home. My old home is up for grabs, including an almost complete reinforced chamber fit for a nuclear reactor.

Coordinates x= -1334, y= 65

EDIT: I'd just built a terraformer :( It'll have to go in the chest with the catlyst and tnt, never to be seen again.

didnt see u break any rules myself .c ya tomorrow if all is ok :pac:
    teishen wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

teishen wrote: »

What Rule did you break ?

Kenno90 wrote: »
    What Rule did you break ?

I thought he meant he broke the sign.

MagicSean wrote: »
    I thought he meant he broke the sign.

Oh that's a perma ban right there, how dare he break my precious signs :pac:

is there some plug in for the weather in operation? Windmills don't appear to work at all

I've looked in to the wind mills , From what people are telling me they have to be placed REALLY fecking high, I've seen comments that people had to put them on cloud level for them to work.

Me or the other admins will test this out to see if they work like that (there's no point in anybody wasting materials to find out they don't work), we'll let you know

• Advertisement

Kenno90 wrote: »
    I've looked in to the wind mills , From what people are telling me they have to be placed REALLY fecking high, I've seen comments that people had to put them on cloud level for them to work.

Me or the other admins will test this out to see if they work like that (there's no point in anybody wasting materials to find out they don't work), we'll let you know

I had it at level 115 with nothing but the cable near it and got nothing.

Did a bit of googling , turns out its a common problem , people that manage to get them working by changing the direction of the windmills and just having luck

After the latest update they became unstable alot of people just say switch to solar arrays for your energy.

Besides you don't need them considering you have a reactor :pac:

Were you using glass fibre cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

can i be whitelisted please, thanks
    joewallace007

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    can i be whitelisted please, thanks
    joewallace007

Welcome to the server :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Can I has whitelist plz? :D

I have a sneaking suspicion the change in the height limit screwed with the maths on these pretty badly... also:
    Were you using glass fibre cable?

At 115 the losses across the cable would likely be staggering... until they can be placed lower and still generate a decent amount of power I suspect wind turbines are borderline-useless (no point using reactor-grade cabling made of frikkin' diamonds for an early-mid-game gen!) Renewable energy fanatics can still get a quick start with 2-4 water mills hooked up to an early-game Macerator to pave the way for solar panel spam ;)

Solitaire wrote: »

I have a sneaking suspicion the change in the height limit screwed with the maths on these pretty badly... also:

At 115 the losses across the cable would likely be staggering... until they can be placed lower and still generate a decent amount of power I suspect wind turbines are borderline-useless (no point using reactor-grade cabling made of frikkin' diamonds for an early-mid-game gen!) Renewable energy fanatics can still get a quick start with 2-4 water mills hooked up to an early-game Macerator to pave the way for solar panel spam ;)

My god you know alot about this and your only being whitelisted now :confused:

I'll add you when i get home (or another admin does it first)

Solitaire wrote: »

Solitaryscythe is it ? if so , added :P

I think there might be a duplication bug... I just died near a volcano went back and I have two diamond swords instead of my one.

EDIT: Had to improvise, not being able to place lava. Here's my obsidian generator using a handy volcano :P

screenshot20120720at155.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Advertisement

I think there might be a duplication bug... I just died near a volcano went back and I have two diamond swords instead of my one.

One of them is made with fake diamonds

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement