Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Tekkit Survival Server [Dedicated Server]

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

BX 19 wrote: »
    Well when we decided to migrate to a different server provider last night, Maka mentioned putting up a poll if people wanted a map reset and that's where the idea came out of. For the record, I'm happier holding on to the current map as it's a bit early IMO.

Good points besides that though :)

I'm also happy with it, i just want to nerf EE.

VinLieger wrote: »
    Red matter armour and tools dont give that much of an advantage and if your turning off energy collectors/relays they are gonna be alot harder to get, same with the rings and amulets

That is a really good point. Red matter tools would mean a huge commitment to actually getting them, same with the rings.

But a few items will have to remain disabled.

Also open question, these weapons and rings need fuel, can fuel be made without energy collectors

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Kenno90 wrote: »
    That is a really good point. Red matter tools would mean a huge commitment to actually getting them, same with the rings.

But a few items will have to remain disabled.

Also open question, these weapons and rings need fuel, can fuel be made without energy collectors

Yep, with a Philosopher's Stone

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Farcheal

deconduo wrote: »

That makes it far to long and boring a process to get them.

Look at it this way. The creators of the mod had the features in for a reason. Taking out EE would leave you with just a few more machines and pipes which leaving you wanting more.

In my opinion taking out the fun EE items would.... take out the fun, and reward if you may for toiling away.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

could a admin come on and tell me if I can build a nuclear reactor near my house please? thanks

• Advertisement

nimrod86 wrote: »
    could a admin come on and tell me if I can build a nuclear reactor near my house please? thanks

You can build it first, then call an admin to see if its ok. We only look for 3 thick wall of reinforced stone/glass/door and proper cooling

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

You can build it first, then call an admin to see if its ok. We only look for 3 thick wall of reinforced stone/glass/door and proper cooling

Alrighty, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Don't think that would work as soon as people see what others have they'll want to make them. Besides i logged on yesterday to see that someone started a beginner hut

Inside the chests contained full diamond armour , diamond tools , and stacks of food

Like i said, it's up to the player how they want to play. You can choose to accept the diamond gear or you can choose not to and start from scratch. Personally I love the early mining and foraging so I probably wouldnt take them. I aim for the condenser early on to work with my quarry. When I have the materials I will build a collector hive to start harvesting diamonds but at that stage my foraging is over anyway and I'm just looking to get creative and the collectors grant me the materials to do that. If you are going to take out overpowered stuff then you'd have to disable loads of stuff in the other mods too. It wasn't EE that let me have a fully equipped and plated nuclear reactor so early.

As for the map restart. I love the early game so I voted yes. Plus as the map is so young people won't lose so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

We will continue to use the old map, I will be shutting down the old server in about an hour or two to transfer the world files.

We are now also accepting donations as it is expensive bringing you's the best :P First post will be updated in due time with links, but for now.

If you wish to keep the server up and running to the best of its ability then please feel free to send us a donation of how ever much you want. Anything is appreciated and every cent go's towards the server.

If you want to donate then please click the donate button below.
    btn_donateCC_LG.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Server now down till this evening, some time after 6. New IP will be in the first post shortly.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement