Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,531 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    You've seen one in action before? Lucky sod, where??

Bray airshow has had a Spitfire in the past. I saw one a few years ago.

Yeah, twas back in 2005 -

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/letters/2005/0715/1121295527482.html

This is the one -

1008725.jpg

Ah here we go, some shots from that show in 05

Supermarine_Spitfire_TRIXyyyG-CCCAyyyHistoric_Flying_Ltdxxx1007737.jpg

Supermarine_Spitfire_TRIXyyyG-CCCAyyyHistoric_Flying_Ltdxxx1007738.jpg

Supermarine_Spitfire_TRIXyyyG-CCCAyyyHistoric_Flying_Ltdxxx1007806.jpg

Supermarine_Spitfire_TRIXyyyG-CCCAyyyHistoric_Flying_Ltdxxx1007807.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Steve X2

My camera is drooling over the possibility of snapping that bad boy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Dpek0.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

@o1s1n: Lucky git ya, I'd love to see and hear a Spitfire in the flesh. What a beautiful looking machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Looks like he had a LOT of candies. BOOM!

ghostchant wrote: »
    Looks like he had a LOT of candies. BOOM!

I was waiting for someone to jump on that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Uugh. Shame that gif feels so, so staged.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

o1s1n wrote: »
    Bray airshow has had a Spitfire in the past. I saw one a few years ago.

Yeah, twas back in 2005 -

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/letters/2005/0715/1121295527482.html

This is the one -

kinda-sorta-semi related: Google Doodle for 24/7/2012

214438.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,855 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So I have to ask my fellow arcade, retro and spitfire appreciation forum members something.

Something awful happened to me yesterday. I went to the Balbriggan branch of Easons and found out that they had sold out of the new Retrogamer magazine. Are there any other Easons near Balbriggan?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,855 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The new Namco Arcade horror game looks interesting:

http://hg101.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=games&action=display&thread=9395

I've always been amazed that the crappy little Spar across the road from me which barely has bread in it manages to stock Retrogamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    My 3rd-party Dreamcast memory-card just seized-up and deleted my entire catalogue of saved-games. Lovely stuff.

That reminds me, I really need to do that tutorial that teaches people how to create images of VMUs within Dreamshell which can then be stored on an SD card...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    So I have to ask my fellow arcade, retro and spitfire appreciation forum members something.

Something awful happened to me yesterday. I went to the Balbriggan branch of Easons and found out that they had sold out of the new Retrogamer magazine. Are there any other Easons near Balbriggan?

Pavilions in Swords.

New Angry Video Game Nerd:

I think some of you would have seen me try and play that awful Conan game at a meetup. It was particularly hard on me as it was a bastardised conversion of one of my favourite C64 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

So....Anyone have any spare transformer for a Sanwa 12E31S

I had an accident :(

Master of the Universe

...what did you do?

There was sparks and a bang.........Then just darkness and silence

I emailed giz10p and no transformers left in stock over there and he said I could try source a spare one

I do have a spare chassis I just hooked up, colours slightly washed out on it but with a little adjustment it's not too bad, only problem is that its a bit finicky, some slight pin cushioning on it and geometry needs to be adjusted everytime I turn it on. Which I dont really know why? :S

Anyone got any other suggestions what I could do?

Master of the Universe

Ah ****e one!

Had you been working on it when it sparked and banged or did it do it of it's own accord?

Ah I had the back off it and saw a few flashes and stupidly didn't pull her out straight away.

Not too sure what to do now. Even thinking about selling her one and see if I can get myself something else, mabye get a jamma cab.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Did you ever look into the JVS to Jamma adapter route?

http://www.giz10p.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=138

Pretty expensive though. Probably not worth it now if you're having monitor problems! :(

Yeah I had a think about that, Ah I wouldn't be too gone on it.

I'll see how I feel in a few days and keep trying out this second chassis.

I do have a minter CP and some legit sticks in from AO on it at the moment

2 of these

I mentioned the game before but Oniken is now on sale in the Indie Royale bundle along with other games I've not played, well I did play mutant storm reloaded but it's ****e.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I mentioned the game before but Oniken is now on sale in the Indie Royale bundle along with other games I've not played, well I did play mutant storm reloaded but it's ****e.

Thanks for that, just bought them, first games I've bought for my PC in over a decade!
    Unepic, Puzzle Agent and Swift Stitch look great.
    http://www.indieroyale.com/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,127 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Old man in the cinema video game arcade strokes again?

http://scottpopular.blogspot.jp/2012/07/so-i-saw-this-guy-jacking-off-at-kaikan.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,533 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Was in RAGE today for the first time in ages, despite there being a large range in store there was surprisingly little I wanted, certainly nothing that wasn't priced way too high.
    So, picked up a few, best of the bunch was Super Star Wars for 12.99.
    I almost, almost bought a big box for Super Metroid, including the big manual, no game, just the box and manual, to go with my unboxed copy of the game, but chickened out, it was still too expensive for me!
    Still thinking about it though....
    They do have a lovely Gameboy Micro with spare face plates, no idea how much it is.

Where is everyone?
    Very quiet in here today......

Heeelllllooooooo........ heeellllloooo....... heeellllooo....

Yeah I was really hoping for someone to come in with somthing like "Jack I'm thinking about selling my arcade machine" or "I'd like to get a Noami"

But no such look

And even with a public masturbation post still no biters

Some kinda of apocalypse I dont know about?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Some kinda of apocalypse I dont know about?

No RAGE are having a massive online sale which has the internet distracted.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

beep beep boop, beep beep, beep boop, beep beep, beep boop, beep boop, beep boop...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement