Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A real shame because I think that Viva Pinata is one of Rares and the 360's best games so there was still a lot of talent there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Unrelated, but RAGE have a copy of Secret of Evermore. I, for one, will be crazy-interested in how much they'll be looking for with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

406175_460070360679464_1010342206_n.jpg

wonder how much they go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

safetyboy wrote: »
    406175_460070360679464_1010342206_n.jpg

wonder how much they go for?

This is why the RAGE is a bit crap. Post the bloody prices online FFS guys.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I can tell you how much they are already. Too much.

• Advertisement

Steve SI wrote: »
    This is why the RAGE is a bit crap. Post the bloody prices online FFS guys.

This isn't 5th Avenue, do they not see how woeful it looks that they refuse part with a price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    This isn't 5th Avenue, do they not see how woeful it looks that they refuse part with a price?

It screams rogue to me, & more like "we'll decide on the price based on who asks" kind of crap.

It would be all different if I was still allowed on their facebook :P

They just replied to a lad on facebook about prices.
    We have have explained in previous posts why we do not post prices . Retro games prices shift so much that our prices could increase and decrease at any given time and if we were to display something online at a set price it could cause confusion at a later date.. As of today(20/07/2012) this item costs €149.95.

This is for the Donkey Kong Crate SNES.

They just replied to a lad on facebook about prices.

What utter tripe. Funny how every other game shop around can do it.

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    It screams rogue to me, & more like "we'll decide on the price based on who asks" kind of crap.

They just posted this response to some chappy moaning about the fact he couldn't get a price on the DKC-SNES bundle:
    We have have explained in previous posts why we do not post prices . Retro games prices shift so much that our prices could increase and decrease at any given time and if we were to display something online at a set price it could cause confusion at a later date.. As of today(20/07/2012) this item costs €149.95.

Feeds into your point nicely.

Edit: Opps, beaten to it.

This is for the Donkey Kong Crate SNES.

Even boxed I'd say that price is madness. Might have to set up an alt account to terrorise them with the truth :P

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Even boxed I'd say that price is madness. Might have to set up an alt account to terrorise them with the truth :P

It's not even the prices that annoy me any more. It's the fact they wont tell you how much something costs until you're standing in front of them.

And retro prices do not fluctuate that quickly that if you bought something last week and sold it this week you'd have a massive price difference.
    And don't get me started on mindset behind that way of thinking. It's really anti-consumer if you ask me.

It really is a very obsolete store. Anything you can get there can be gotten an awful lot cheaper on ebay since they are basing all their prices on average prices on ebay, which would be blown out of proportion by chancers selling with high BIN prices. Last time I was in there I asked if they had Megaman on the NES and told me it was very rare and they sold it for 90 euros. It's not that common but hardly 90 euro common. I can get the NTSC version for less than $30 dollars BIN and even then it's overpriced.

The days you could get good bargains in that place went away with Johny Ultimates copy of MUSHA.

They can keep their overpriced PAL copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

They can keep their overpriced PAL copies.

What !! They are not even selling overpriced originals ...

They're all copies of the master rom :P

Patser wrote: »
    I'm just cleaning up the house ahead of moving and found my old Dreamcast hiding behind my TV, checked it and still working. 2 Controllers and a house of the Dead gun and about 10 games including Shenmue, MSR, Ready to Rumble and Dynamite Cop (ultimate play with a friend while pissed game).

All pretty much free to a good home if anyone wants them, I'm in Clondalkin. Just Pm me

edit: Retrogamer claimed it!

You jambag!

Thought I wasn't quick enough. Anyway the DC and dupes will be going to a big Sega fan who never had one so in a way I'm doing it for charity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Thought I wasn't quick enough. Anyway the DC and dupes will be going to a big Sega fan who never had one so in a way I'm doing it for charity :)

oH MY GOSH! Thanks Retro, ill pm my address there now.

Ah! Im so tired. Stuck in work and I haven't slept in ages. How much work will be done today in my shop is zero, actually more minus than zero, as my ineptitude will have to be made up for my the work of my colleagues.
    Yes I'm one of those retail worker, the useless ones.

Btw way guys what kind of condition is that crate in? The one thats in the rage. The country kong one. The snes console.

Off topic, sorry. But this is just mental, really mental.
    I just witnessed the start of the end of the world. You can buy guns, ammo and explosives online and have them shipped (piece by piece) to any country, including Ireland :eek::eek::eek:

After reading an article on Gizmodo yesterday while looking through my usual retro and nerd websites I decided to test out this service they were talking about and see just how easy it is to get illegal weapons. Now just to be clear I didn't actually order anything as I'm not fecking mental enough to send guns to Ireland. I just wanted to see how it works and just how easy it would be. Spoiler alert, its mental easy:eek:

Well I setup the encrypted session via TOR and all the other secure stuff you have to do (its how i imagine you hire a hitman :eek:). Once everything was setup I browsed the marketplace until I found what I wanted. What I wanted for my pretend order was a Glock 19 and a AK47, all with ammo.
    I contacted the seller via heavily encrypted messaging and he was more than happy to take my order and ship the things to Ireland. I wont say for how much but its not a huge amount like you might think. This guy even has good reviews, yes they have reviews.

Just gods damn mental that this exist and seems to be a place that is getting used by loads of people.

This is how it ends folks :(

http://gizmodo.com/5927379/the-secret-online-weapons-store-thatll-sell-anyone-anything

• Advertisement

Off topic, sorry. But this is just mental, really mental.
    I just witnessed the start of the end of the world. You can buy guns, ammo and explosives online and have them shipped (piece by piece) to any country, including Ireland :eek::eek::eek:

After reading an article on Gizmodo yesterday while looking through my usual retro and nerd websites I decided to test out this service they were talking about and see just how easy it is to get illegal weapons. Now just to be clear I didn't actually order anything as I'm not fecking mental enough to send guns to Ireland. I just wanted to see how it works and just how easy it would be. Spoiler alert, its mental easy:eek:

Well I setup the encrypted session via TOR and all the other secure stuff you have to do (its how i imagine you hire a hitman :eek:). Once everything was setup I browsed the marketplace until I found what I wanted. What I wanted for my pretend order was a Glock 19 and a AK47, all with ammo.
    I contacted the seller via heavily encrypted messaging and he was more than happy to take my order and ship the things to Ireland. I wont say for how much but its not a huge amount like you might think. This guy even has good reviews, yes they have reviews.

Just gods damn mental that this exist and seems to be a place that is getting used by loads of people.

This is how it ends folks :(

http://gizmodo.com/5927379/the-secret-online-weapons-store-thatll-sell-anyone-anything

Isn't that termed the 'deep net' or something, it's a realm like the internet as we know it but much much much bigger & not searchable or browsable via normal methods. Some seriously sick stuff goes on there apparently, & it's a dangerous place to even browse. I suspect AK-47's are amongst the more good willed end of the subject matter there too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_web

EnterNow wrote: »
    Isn't that termed the 'deep net' or something, it's a realm like the internet as we know it but much much much bigger & not searchable or browsable via normal methods. Some seriously sick stuff goes on there apparently, & it's a dangerous place to even browse. I suspect AK-47's are amongst the more good willed end of the subject matter there too

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_web

Hmm, kind of but this exist in a full encrypted and untraceable network. The "deep net" is still just the internet but harder to find.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not actually sure if it's a good or bad thing for gizmodo to be bringing this to people's attention? Could lead to tighter regulation, like the best investigative journalism. Or it could be used as an FAQ for slightly dumber sociopaths.

Not actually sure if it's a good or bad thing for gizmodo to be bringing this to people's attention? Could lead to tighter regulation, like the best investigative journalism. Or it could be used as an FAQ for slightly dumber sociopaths.

The article reads like journalism to some but it really is a FAQ to others. And that is a problem. Same with the drugs version of the marketplace in an older article they wrote last year.

I mean I've no interesting in buying guns but with the info in the article and a bit of searching online I had all the info I needed to go ahead with a deal. It took a few mins to create an account. It uses bitcoin as currency which is easily made to be untraceable funds.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Away from the buying AKs, big tale of guy buying Powerfest 94
    http://blog.pricecharting.com/2012/07/how-i-got-nintendo-powerfest-94.html

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Hmmm. I'd heard about sites like the Silk Road long before Gizmodo was getting all worked up about it and I guess I've always wondered why small time fixers didn't become indie arms dealers using the same infrastructure.

Guess they just have the same hassle with customs a lot of the guys on this thread do. Small world eh? :p

I figure the need to use Bitcoins will be in the end what stops it becoming a real problem. There's a lot of blind trust in that currency" just working".

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd much rather old Rare back.... And Blast Corps 2.

I'd settle for a remastered Blast Corp on the 3ds or WiiU!

And yes, Donkey Kong 64 is a p1ss poor excuse for a game, after Banjo and Jet forceit was a real let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

After Back to Earth, which may be one of the worst pieces of televisual media I've ever seen, I'm going to assume that X will be steaming pile of smeg.

I'm hoping my lowered expectations will therefore actually lead to a pleasant surprise, and we can purge our collective memories of BtE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

After Back to Earth, which may be one of the worst pieces of televisual media I've ever seen, I'm going to assume that X will be steaming pile of smeg.

I'm hoping my lowered expectations will therefore actually lead to a pleasant surprise, and we can purge our collective memories of BtE.

Stop slagging BTE ffs:mad:

Looks very Season 1-3 with the jokes so this can be only smegging top class

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement