Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Pretty sure last time I looked at the photos of that collection he also had a big Trinitron knocking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

how did you get past the laser beams to break into Steve SI's house?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

That couldn't be Steve Si's, there's only one of everything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

A lovely gamesroom to be sure.....

Makes me weep that I can't have a gamesroom where people don't crown themselves standing up :(

(though, sitting down it's just fine!)

• Registered Users Posts: 34,570 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    A lovely gamesroom to be sure.....

Makes me weep that I can't have a gamesroom where people don't crown themselves standing up :(

(though, sitting down it's just fine!)

A small price to pay for such a massive gamesroom. If I ever have the space one day to display all my stuff in the way you do, I'll be a happy man!

Still the issue of no cab though... ;)

• Advertisement

yesterday I mananged to find this game from my childhood on oldgames.sk
    it runs on DosBox, so it comes complete with the VGA graphics that my old Bull Micral used to boast

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Now, I know that one or two of you guys have had poor experiences dealing with some italian ebay sellers, so I thought i'd check your opinions.
    Looking to get a boxed SNES off one of those guys,its being sold sans power adapter and he doesn't know if it works but assures me that the guy he got it off said it was working.
    What do ye all think? Risk it for the biscuit?

If it wasn't working would it be an easy fix?

Master of the Universe

Seems a bit odd to sell one boxed without a PSU - bit fishy.

Then again, consoles from that era are usually always working. They're tough as nails.

Is there a reason why you have to buy it from someone all the way over in Italy though? I'd go that far abroad for rare items, but a Snes is common enough to get from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

o1s1n wrote: »
    Seems a bit odd to sell one boxed without a PSU - bit fishy.

Then again, consoles from that era are usually always working. They're tough as nails.

Is there a reason why you have to buy it from someone all the way over in Italy though? I'd go that far abroad for rare items, but a Snes is common enough to get from the UK.

It's a US one. Does have a whiff of fish about it though. What's postage like from there, cost wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Ciderman - you need this to happen with your collection!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Doge

DinoRex wrote: »

Theres another one on youtube which is about the commodore 64 too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Ciderman - you need this to happen with your collection!

I know, but it's impractical to tear out the existing setup.
    I could, perhaps, move the PS2 collection somewhere else, then bring some of the consoles into that space....
    I might be able to install little LEDs as well....
    Could be a little project in this.

No giant flat screen though, plus I prefer my av solution to his!

It would free up room for a better display of my handhelds as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Happy Pokemon Conquest day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Happy Pokemon Conquest day!

I knew there was something important happening today!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭Steve X2

how did you get past the laser beams to break into Steve SI's house?

I wish I had a room like that (with a decent CRT, not that LCD muck).
    I do have lasers and robots guarding my retro and modern collections though, for reelz :0)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,900 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

More Legend of Dragoon hate from the fanbase regarding my review on my blog. This guy is a special kind of moron:
    There are good movies and bad movies in cinema.
    But there's NO "good games" or "bad games" in gaming.
    There's only "games".
    People just plays what they enjoy the most. People just plays what makes them have fun time. It's simple as that.
    Just because you didn't like this game, you can't tell people "it's bad! don't play it!"... Why? Because this is not cinema! There's no "bad" or "good" in gaming.

Now excuse me, i'm gonna buy this on eBay for the third time. Oh, I'll also buy some Final Fantasy games. Because I love RPGs. I'm not a picky asshole.

A small price to pay for such a massive gamesroom. If I ever have the space one day to display all my stuff in the way you do, I'll be a happy man!

Still the issue of no cab though... ;)

You don't know how good you've got it. What was my games room is now a nursery.

I got around the issue of no room for a cab by getting rid of my full size one and building a bartop instead. I'd highly recommend them for anyone who is space conscious by necessity.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Anyone played spirit camera on the 3ds? If so what's it like? Have been humming and hawing about it for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    More Legend of Dragoon hate from the fanbase regarding my review on my blog. This guy is a special kind of moron:
    There are good movies and bad movies in cinema.
    But there's NO "good games" or "bad games" in gaming.
    There's only "games".
    People just plays what they enjoy the most. People just plays what makes them have fun time. It's simple as that.
    Just because you didn't like this game, you can't tell people "it's bad! don't play it!"... Why? Because this is not cinema! There's no "bad" or "good" in gaming.

Now excuse me, i'm gonna buy this on eBay for the third time. Oh, I'll also buy some Final Fantasy games. Because I love RPGs. I'm not a picky asshole.

"There's no "bad" or "good" in gaming."

Well, that explains a lot of your correspondent's taste anyway. Anyone who thinks bad games don't exist needs to get some disappointment under their belt before opining on something they're too inexperienced to speak on. SteveSI I hope you're happy: your new Rise of The Robot collection may be depriving someone of a badly needed education! :p Think of the children!

"Now excuse me, i'm gonna buy this on eBay for the third time."

A quote attributed to Albert Einstein: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." I shouldn't hold out hope for much new experience happened soon...

Also reminds me of the policy of stockpiling increasingly large amounts of nuclear waste in isolated spots. Sure its nice not to have it all over the place, but you worry for what it could do to people standing watch over it.

*edit* Did I just compare Legend of Dragoon to nuclear waste? Yes. Yes I did. There should be a mod for Half Life and HL2 that start's Freeman's Geiger counter clicking when you bring a Legend of Dragoon closer and closer to the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Anyone played spirit camera on the 3ds? If so what's it like? Have been humming and hawing about it for a while now.

Was going to buy it last weekend but didn't see it in any shops.

It is getting bad reviews on the interwebs though whicch makes me glad I didn't buy it.
    Get Farming Simulator 2012 instead!

Kidding..... Pokemon Conquest

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I may pick up that new Kingdom Hearts game myself. Was really interested in Spirit Camera too but not hearing good things at all.

Interesting, seems the original Duke Nukem stole graphics from turrican.

Master of the Universe

On a side note, anyone else think that last sprite at the bottom of the page is a little...X rated?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

On a side note, anyone else think that last sprite at the bottom of the page is a little...X rated?

The fact you noticed that worries me:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Well, got my new car today.

31405944888290846561117.jpg

I think Sera just exploded in a shower of WANT and BLISS at that picture....

Actually, I take that back, if it was greens and frogs instead of pinks and kittys, then she'd be owning that car....

Can't see that car turning up in Modified Motors mags! Next to Deco's Micra with a dustbin for a muffler and a whale tail rear spoiler!

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

That's a side effect from staying to long in Akihabara , Pyongyang was spotted earlier this week on this :

pinkaero.jpg

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Back in work this morning after two weeks holidays.

I want to die! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement