Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sera wrote: »
    it's on one of those PSP Megadrive collections, that's how I got to play it, love it but didn't get to play it for too long.

I have one of those but I don't think it's on it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Nearly 18hrs at it and now i have finally decided to put my ARM on the naughty step.

Stupid bloody thing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I have one of those but I don't think it's on it :(
    sorry my mistake, it was EA Replay

• Registered Users Posts: 34,456 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That's the one down side of that game, damn EA box/cart! :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    came in a greenish box.

Won't be the first time for Atavan either! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Yeah Haunting is good fun, keep meaning to pick it up but a cib version always seems to run that bit higher than I'm willing to pay for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yeah Haunting is good fun, keep meaning to pick it up but a cib version always seems to run that bit higher than I'm willing to pay for it :(

How much do they usually go for?

Master of the Universe

From what I remember it's about €20-€30 for a nice CIB version.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I had a look on eBay and a CIB copy goes for around €20+ including shipping

I might just go for cart only but as o1s1n said the ea carts stick out like a sore thumb if you have a row of mega drive carts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

o1s1n wrote: »
    That's the one down side of that game, damn EA box/cart! :(
    Purists'll scoff but I went down the unboxed cart , plus Rage Fifa93 €1 special , plus reprinted cover route for a lot of the EA stuff.
    No manual mind you but it looks decent on a shelf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Dr Bob wrote: »
    plus Rage Fifa93 €1 special

sorry for being pedantic, but I think you'll find there's no such game, only Fifa International Football.

Master of the Universe

sorry for being pedantic, but I think you'll find there's no such game, only Fifa International Football.

That is without a doubt the most pedantic of pedantic comments in the history of pedanticism :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    That is without a doubt the most pedantic of pedantic comments in the history of pedanticism :pac:

I feel that statement is rather be pedantic...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,180 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

tomato tomayto ,its still a turd of a series and only exists to clog up the games charts and provide me with cheap game boxes...;)

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I feel that statement is rather be pedantic...

And you, you're as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University, but has moved on and is now working for the UN at the high commission of International Cunning planning :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

ive come to realise i love the ratchet and clank games and sly more than mario games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,820 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ive come to realise i love the ratchet and clank games and sly more than mario games.

jackie-chan-wtf.jpg

Master of the Universe

The man loves the Sonic Adventure games, there is no reasoning with him :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Hey, I love me's some Ratchet myself, but I wouldn't go too far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

sonic destroys robots

mario collects coins like a homeless person

team blue wins :D

• Advertisement

sonic destroys robots

mario collects coins like a homeless person

team blue wins :D

Sonic also collects gold rings. Possibly to cash them in to cash for gold.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,820 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Idon't really get ratchet and clank. They're far from bad games it's just I don't feel at all compelled to play them.

I've only played a crack in time on the ps3 and thought it was ok. Not an amazing game but playable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

I've only played a crack in time on the ps3 and thought it was ok. Not an amazing game but playable.

I didn't enjoy it at all and moved on pretty quickly, I was surpriswed because so many people love the series.

Was just on the Ryanair website. Even their captcha is an advertisment:

249651.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Idon't really get ratchet and clank. They're far from bad games it's just I don't feel at all compelled to play them.

Tools of Destruction was the first one I ever played and I really enjoyed it. Probably one of my favourite PS3 games. The DLC is really good too. The follow up Crack in Time was a bit disappointing though.

Really annoying how few platform games we got in the PS3/360 generation.... just bland lifeless shooters again and again.

We have the indie platform games which are usually pretty good but then again most of them go avant garde when sometimes all you really want is something simple and fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Partial to a bit of ps1 spyro myself

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Partial to a bit of ps1 spyro myself
    I loved the third one, except the bits with Sgt Byrd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Great illustration from Zac Gorman:

bw8ERv1.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement