Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Atari Lynx consoles are notorious for having bad capacitors. Be prepared to probably have to do a cap kit.

Like the Game Gear in that regard so?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Good stuff, lads. Cheers for the info. Probably shouldn't have picked the games up. but they were just sitting there... looking at me with those big old I-need-a-home eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,697 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Like the Game Gear in that regard so?

Unfortunately so! :(
    deathrider wrote: »
    Good stuff, lads. Cheers for the info. Probably shouldn't have picked the games up. but they were just sitting there... looking at me with those big old I-need-a-home eyes.

Are they boxed or cart only? Might be able to trade them with someone for something.

Are they boxed or cart only? Might be able to trade them with someone for something.

All boxed except for one. They're not in mint condition, but they're passable. I couldn't see myself trading them off though, because I love collecting. Also, I haven't played them, so I can't gaurantee that they work (although they look like they're in good enough nick). I'll wind up picking up a Lynx to test drive them on sooner or later.

What's this cap kit you've mentioned?

Master of the Universe

Basically it will be a kit containing every capacitor in the console. You need to desolder all the original capacitors and then solder in the new ones.

Here's a kit for the Atari Lynx II

http://console5.com/store/kits/game-console-cap-kits.html?cat=119&console_type_revision=25

• Advertisement

Basically it will be a kit containing every capacitor in the console. You need to desolder all the original capacitors and then solder in the new ones.

Here's a kit for the Atari Lynx II

http://console5.com/store/kits/game-console-cap-kits.html?cat=119&console_type_revision=25

Ah, nice one. Cheers for the link. And it's nice and cheap too, so happy days.

Master of the Universe

Thankfully, capacitors seem to be cheap as chips. The annoying bit is actually replacing them!

I can imagine. I might score a broken one and attept to fix it up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just spent the last hour rejigging the AV setup in the Gamesroom for Friday.
    Now, the games look a lot prettier but the cables are an unholy mess!

Does anyone out there, coming to the Beers, have one of those grey thingys that plugs into the back of a PS so you can wire in a Guncon?
    You know the thing, piggybacks the AV cable, with 3 phono outs on it and a replica av socket on the end so it can be wired into the TV?
    1321034672_new%20in%20friday%20(27)-full-full-preview.jpg

I need one to complete the setup, I can slap in some phono cables and use the PS on both the regular TV and the tate one, I have one of them already and use it for the PS2, does anyone one have one lying around they can "gift" me?
    I'd be so grateful, "Night of Ladyboy Romance with Retr0" vouchers may bei thi. given in return! I sure won't be using them!
    I think ive 2 , il havr a poke arpund and check

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nope. problem solved, found one buried in a bag with a PSone!
    Now I can freely select horiz or tate shumpy goodness!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Alcohol has gone up in the budget?! This is a ****ing outrage, those ****ing mother *********ers I outta *****ing ******* their *'s the ******ing *********************.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, but imagine the type of alcoholic you'd have to be to really get hit in the pocket by this...... oh yeah.... I see what you mean..... you know what you are Atavan..... you're borked, that's what!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I have to imagine that Sony don't actually want my money otherwise their PS Store wouldn't be a massive pain in the hole to use!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Alcohol has gone up in the budget?! This is a ****ing outrage, those ****ing mother *********ers I outta *****ing ******* their *'s the ******ing *********************.
    Well...better stock up on booze before midnight. Lest you want to sell off that precious prototype copy of Earthbound Zero just to finance your binging.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Cancelled Streets of Rage Remake
    Ciderman must be in bits
    hnnnnng.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pro-tip: There's no tax on crystal meth.

What a shame, a remake of SoR could have attained the lofty heights of other retro reheats like Perfect Dark Zero, Bionic Commando on the 360, Splatterhouse or even Sonic !

A cancelled SoR, so Judasday wishes can come true!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

What a shame, a remake of SoR could have attained the lofty heights of other retro reheats like Perfect Dark Zero, Bionic Commando on the 360, Splatterhouse or even Sonic !

Sonic '06... best game ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I actually liked the new Splatterhouse :D

I hear it's not so bad, it's currently heading for cheap as chips territory so I'm going to get it in the sales when it's being given away.
    I have to get a Christmas gift for a mate who likes FPS, I'm thinking Spec Ops:The Line, reckon it's a good buy, might pick it up for myself as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,122 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have to get a Christmas gift for a mate who likes FPS, I'm thinking Spec Ops:The Line, reckon it's a good buy, might pick it up for myself as well.

It's 20 euros in zavvi. Got it for my brother and tempted to get it for myself.

Achilles wrote: »
    Sonic '06... best game ever!

Ok, Just leave your A&R membership card at reception, we'll forward any of your things you've left here to the nearest skip and mind how you go....

It's never easy to say goodbye but,

Goodbye!

Sonic 06 is providing me with loads of entertainment... Althouth that entertainment comes from watching game grumps suffer through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Who mentioned Scanners in here a while back. I remember seeing the trailer as a kid and always wanting to watch it so I finally went and threw it on last night.

Its in my top 5 worst movies of all time. It was worse than The Happening ffs. Heck The wickerman remake with Nippleless Cage was better :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I finished Sonic Adventure (well, the Sonic bits) last night out of morbid curiosity.

Always a bad sign when a platforming game falls apart everytime you have to do any platforming. Plus it features probably the worst bosses ever committed to a high-profile computer game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I finished Sonic Adventure (well, the Sonic bits) last night out of morbid curiosity.

Always a bad sign when a platforming game falls apart everytime you have to do any platforming. Plus it features probably the worst bosses ever committed to a high-profile computer game.

3q7au5.jpg

3q7au5.jpg

You are a lonely man, in a lonely place, that of the fans of Sonic Adventure.... You poor poor man...
    I mean, I like Halo and get some stick but I have never been as alone in my opinion as you seem to be on this one...

We will have to set up a support group or something, something to help you deal with your feelings, help you cope with the isolation...

I thought the only Sonic fans left were furries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

You are a lonely man, in a lonely place, that of the fans of Sonic Adventure.... You poor poor man...
    I mean, I like Halo and get some stick but I have never been as alone in my opinion as you seem to be on this one...

We will have to set up a support group or something, something to help you deal with your feelings, help you cope with the isolation...

i am well used to it . sure i don't really give a crap abut star wars either .

there is nothing wrong liking sonic adventure

• Advertisement

As long as you don't hurt anyone else then it's fine with me. And by hurt anyone else I mean make some poor soul play it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement