Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Haha... How much does the T-Rex from 3D Monster Maze look like Jasper from The Simpsons?

9Py1o.png

PKnz8.png

"The sidewalk's for regular walking, not for fancy walking."

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wah, some crime boss was shot dead up the road from my house this afternoon.

I guess this is what it feels like to live in Tallaght.

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wah, some crime boss was shot dead up the road from my house this afternoon.

I guess this is what it feels like to live in Limerick .

:pac:

Fixed it for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Fixed it for ya!
    Am I the one guy who likes to go up to Limerick? Just so I can get BDs from HMV and chow down on KFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Am I the one guy who likes to go up to Limerick? Just so I can get BDs from HMV and chow down on KFC.
    I live there so have to love it.
    Why in the name of God would you in KFC when there's Chicken Hut?!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Why in the hell would you eat chicken when there's rare steak!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

3..2..1.. to 'insert obscure raw meat product' which is way better than mainstream chain food

Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    3..2..1.. to 'insert obscure raw meat product' which is way better than mainstream chain food

Sushi? Or is that too mainstream these days?

Did anyone else catch the RAW last night where Sheamus referenced Father Ted kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse?

Actually, does anyone here in this thread actually watch fake fights?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Sushi? Or is that too mainstream these days?

Pretty much, anything is mainstream once you've heard of it it seems...

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    Pretty much, anything is mainstream once you've heard of it it seems...
    Unless you're in Galway.

Unless you're in Galway.

Goes without saying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Sera wrote: »
    I live there so have to love it.
    Why in the name of God would you in KFC when there's Chicken Hut?!

I would have went to Los Pollos Hermanos

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Man i'd really go for a triple fried egg,chutney and chilli sandwich right now

:cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,207 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I know a guy who get a steak on his first trip to Nandos. I was surprised they even served steak in Nandos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Crackbird FTW!

Also I saw the Nandos mascot dancing around outside one of their branches on Sunday. The mascot is genuinely a massive black cock!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nandos, overpriced for fillets of chicken with self serve sauces no?
    I have frequented BK and Maccy D's recently and found the efforts pitiful.
    BK used to have the very awesome Mushroom Double Swiss, and for this I was glad, but it got canned from the regular menu some 15 years ago and now only turns up in an annual special menu, @rse!
    There used to be a most excellent Chilli Dog in Supermacs, once you wade through the crowds of culchies who celebrate their trip to the capital by eating the same food as they ate at home, it's pretty good. I don't think it's on the menu anymore though...

Empty Pockets (Eddie Rockets) Cheese and Bacon fries had a hint of the great American Arbys about them but they changed the recipe and it went to dung, sadly.

So, now, the only dependable thing to order is a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, tbh, from Ronald the pedo and friends.

Empty Pockets (Eddie Rockets) Cheese and Bacon fries had a hint of the great American Arbys about them but they changed the recipe and it went to dung, sadly.

The cheesy fries in there have gone seriously downhill...its like ready mix cheesy/cement they just pour on the fries. Eugh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some one disassembled the outrun code and created a source port in C++:

http://reassembler.blogspot.co.uk/p/cannonball-open-source-outrun-engine.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,207 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Eddie Rockets is hit and miss. Some of their burgers can be quite tasty - the M Fifty or Jalapeno Popper particularly - but all too often they come out charred to within an inch of their life.

If anyone is ever knocking around the Greystones area and wants to treat themselves, the wine bar section of otherwise ridiculously pretentious The Hungry Monk does the most impressive burger I've enjoyed in Ireland. It's expensive (a rare treat indeed :(), but the quality is extraordinarily high for meat in a bun and it is, most importantly, ****ing tasty.

• Advertisement

Actually, my better half does the best grub I have yet to taste, she seems to have an innate understanding of cooking some wicked stuff, her recent Chilli Cheese burgers were a revelation, also her pulled chilli pork and some sort of lamb dish that is making me hungry just typing it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually, my better half does the best grub I have yet to taste, she seems to have an innate understanding of cooking some wicked stuff, her recent Chilli Cheese burgers were a revelation, also her pulled chilli pork and some sort of lamb dish that is making me hungry just typing it!

Is that you Mrs. Ciderdude? Or is it cidedude with a kitchen knife to his throat?

PS, she does damn fine ribs!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Is that you Mrs. Ciderdude? Or is it cidedude with a misguidedly purchased PS Move controller to his throat?

FYP :D

Eddie Rockets is hit and miss. Some of their burgers can be quite tasty - the M Fifty or Jalapeno Popper particularly - but all too often they come out charred to within an inch of their life.

If anyone is ever knocking around the Greystones area and wants to treat themselves, the wine bar section of otherwise ridiculously pretentious The Hungry Monk does the most impressive burger I've enjoyed in Ireland. It's expensive (a rare treat indeed :(), but the quality is extraordinarily high for meat in a bun and it is, most importantly, ****ing tasty.
    I've never been to an Eddie Rockets, even though there's one just outside of our nearby town. Don't they do chicken wings, or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Eddie Rockets is no Johnny Rockets I tell ya.

Eddie Rockets is pure muck and I use to quite enjoy the peppery burger and the mushroomy one.

Try the smokestack in Eddie rockets. It's their regular burger but with strips of bacon and relish and mustard on it. Lovely. Also you can tell them how you'd like the burger cooked (ie not burned to a crisp please).

For anyone who likes the aforementioned sushi and is in Dublin, try Michie Sushi in Chelmsford lane in Ranelagh. It's off the beaten track, but it's hands down the best sushi I've eaten in Ireland, and is on a par with any I've had from places like California, New York, etc. The head chef there told me he was trained by a Japanese master who used to beat him over the knuckles with the back of a sushi knife every time he made a mistake. His stuff tastes amazing.

MackDaddi wrote: »
    For anyone who likes the aforementioned sushi and is in Dublin, try Michie Sushi in Chelmsford lane in Ranelagh. It's off the beaten track, but it's hands down the best sushi I've eaten in Ireland, and is on a par with any I've had from places like California, New York, etc. The head chef there told me he was trained by a Japanese master who used to beat him over the knuckles with the back of a sushi knife every time he made a mistake. His stuff tastes amazing.

I have heard good things about Michie but alas it is indeed completely out of the way. Someday soon, maybe. I do have a very low tolerance for anything fusion-y when it comes to sushi, or horrible Americanised stuff. Pure nigiri or sashimi through and through! Problem over here tends to be the fish, very limited selection. Even Yamamori got rid of their delicious Hamachi nigiri :(

Have you seen Jiro Dreams of Sushi? Wonderful docu about a master sushi chef in Tokyo. Makes you hungry though.

Might I continue this most off topic discussion and mention Ginseng in the Blankytown centre, a nice, cheap Asian restaurant with a good varied menu and a busy, visible kitchen.
    Also, Indie Spice in Swords is a kick ass Indian Restaurant too, Butter Chicken... Pashwari Naan....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

if you want a daycent burger go to The Counter in Dundrum or on Suffolk Street.

• Advertisement

The Hong Kong Kitchen in Dundrum

/thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement