Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keep Calm And Discuss Retro Generally!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

At first I found the headline funny, then when I began reading, the humour turned to shock & horror! Wtf is wrong with some apple fans people - http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Wang-Shangkun-Anhui-Province-Kidney-Chenzhou-iPad-2,19546.html

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rick's burgers on the corner of dame street/georges st do the best burgers in dublin for me. For the price they are amazingly good and all homemade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

if you want a daycent burger go to The Counter in Dundrum or on Suffolk Street.

Seconded!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Rick's burgers on the corner of dame street/georges st do

Spend much time on Georges Street do ya? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EnterNow wrote: »
    Spend much time on Georges Street do ya? :D

I'm guessing "Rick's burgers" are a euphemism for something else altogether! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Back on topic!

The only Burger Time you'll need!

DEACsc02.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,567 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wow, we are nearly halfways through our 10,000 post allocation for threads!
    I wonder when we'll be needing a new name again?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Did anyone else catch the RAW last night where Sheamus referenced Father Ted kicking Bishop Brennan up the arse?

Actually, does anyone here in this thread actually watch fake fights?
    No way lol.
    I haven't watched Raw in years but like to hear what' happening from friends that do especially when older ones come back. My friend did a panel on wrestling for a con lately, it went really well, raging I wasn't there but might do it again at the local con I hope.

Just spent the last hour rejigging the AV setup in the Gamesroom for Friday.
    Now, the games look a lot prettier but the cables are an unholy mess!

Does anyone out there, coming to the Beers, have one of those grey thingys that plugs into the back of a PS so you can wire in a Guncon?
    You know the thing, piggybacks the AV cable, with 3 phono outs on it and a replica av socket on the end so it can be wired into the TV?
    1321034672_new%20in%20friday%20(27)-full-full-preview.jpg

I need one to complete the setup, I can slap in some phono cables and use the PS on both the regular TV and the tate one, I have one of them already and use it for the PS2, does anyone one have one lying around they can "gift" me?
    I'd be so grateful, "Night of Ladyboy Romance with Retr0" vouchers may be given in return! I sure won't be using them!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just spent the last hour rejigging the AV setup in the Gamesroom for Friday.
    Now, the games look a lot prettier but the cables are an unholy mess!

AV and pretty in the same sentence? Does no compute.

• Advertisement

Ok, for those that can't keep up ;)

Mess of AV cables...
    cable-mess.jpg

Games looking prettier...
    237006.jpg?w=430&h=430&keep_ratio=1

oh, sorry, I meant this one....
    IMG_20171-590x215.jpg

Yeah Cidey, make with the RGB man. Its a living crime to have all those beautiful consoles displayed so nicely outputting composite over av!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Also, Indie Spice in Swords is a kick ass Indian Restaurant too, Butter Chicken... Pashwari Naan....

Just around the corner from me on the grounds of the old Stardust there's an India Spice, it's just not the same though.

Well, in that respect you may be disappointed, I haven't made the jump into RGB land, but I'm fairly set now to start replacing my cables.
    The picture quality has jumped since most consoles are now on a dedicated input.
    Tis messy looking though!
    At some point I'll have to get automatic av switching boxes, that way I can bury the boxes themselves.
    But, when the picture is all that counts with a display I am happy where I am now.
    Only one teensy issue and that's how to pull sound out of the scart so I can hook up the amp. At least without compromising the picture by adding another box into the chain.

You can buy RGB scart cables for consoles with seperate stereo sound jacks. In other words you have no excuse!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    In other words you have no excuse!

Your forgetting to factor in she who must be obeyed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,995 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Sera wrote: »
    No way lol.
    I haven't watched Raw in years but like to hear what' happening from friends that do especially when older ones come back. My friend did a panel on wrestling for a con lately, it went really well, raging I wasn't there but might do it again at the local con I hope.
    Well, I can't find the promo (or at least one with sound), but there's a whole thread dedicated to the topic, here.

http://officialfan.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=WWE&action=display&thread=459615&page=1

I have heard good things about Michie but alas it is indeed completely out of the way. Someday soon, maybe. I do have a very low tolerance for anything fusion-y when it comes to sushi, or horrible Americanised stuff. Pure nigiri or sashimi through and through! Problem over here tends to be the fish, very limited selection...

Michie is genuinely very good, particularly for Ireland, but it's well out of the way. Don't expect a fancy restaurant when you get there, it's originally a catering business down an alley that just opened up a couple of tables to the public that took off. It's no frills, just good food, light on fusion type stuff, and more traditional. You can get California rolls and tuna mayo rolls and some of the more popular western stuff you'd expect to see most places, but there's nothing outlandishly western on the menu, and they do nice sashimi, nigiri, ura maki, gunkan, temaki, and most things you'd expect to find on a proper japanese menu. Half of their stuff I've never seen in most of the places in the city centre that just do the accessible popular dishes. It's not particularly cheap, but it is very good. It's less expensive and nicer than yamamoori, my other favourite here, but the location is much more basic.

Sashimi grade fish is a challenge for anyone running a sushi joint in ireland, and they do have some farmed fish in their dishes i think, but I asked the owner/chef about where they source their fresh produce when i started eating there years ago and he told me he gets as much of it as he can locally, daily at the docks and fish markets and stuff, but some of it he has to get from the more mainstream places because there's just no other option here.

Mods-apologies for the ridiculous off-topicness of this post. I knew better and i still did it anyway, sorry. I'll knock it off now, promise...:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

On a vaguely topical note:

Tokyo Jungle is half-price on PSN at the moment. Don't think. Just download.

But I want a physical copy!
    I'll just have to rob Atavans!

• Advertisement

If you have a PAL WiiU, don't be too hasty selling your Wii:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-wii-u-backwards-compatibility-analysis

Cancelled Streets of Rage Remake video has appeared online. Looks absolute pish and probably has more shades of brown than the local pubs crapper:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-05-video-of-crackdown-developers-streets-of-rage-re-imagining-leaks-online

1321034672_new%20in%20friday%20(27)-full-full-preview.jpg

Found one buried in a box of cables, celebrated with a game of Raiden DX!

NEWS JUST IN!
    I still suck at Raiden DX!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

When the arcade blew up, I knew that wasn't a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I dropped a post in the Got Something New thread, but it seems to have gotten lost in the conversation. Picked up a few Atari Lynx games, and I was just wondering what would be a reasonable price to buy the Lynx console itself at?

Well I'd say nobody would really be an expert and couldn't answer you. I'd say you should pay much for one since they aren't exactly sought after. Postage might be a bit steep since they are quite big and heavy.

deathrider wrote: »
    I dropped a post in the Got Something New thread, but it seems to have gotten lost in the conversation. Picked up a few Atari Lynx games, and I was just wondering what would be a reasonable price to buy the Lynx console itself at?

You should be able to pick one up for around €40/€50 posted off ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Cool. Round the €50 mark sounds decent enough. I've spotted a few online around 90ish, which sounds a bit steep to me. I won't be hunting till after xmas anyway.

deathrider wrote: »
    Cool. Round the €50 mark sounds decent enough. I've spotted a few online around 90ish, which sounds a bit steep to me. I won't be hunting till after xmas anyway.

Well theres a boxed & mint one on adverts for €90 I think, thats the top end of the scale though being boxed etc. You should be able to get one delivered for much less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,695 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Atari Lynx consoles are notorious for having bad capacitors. Be prepared to probably have to do a cap kit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement