Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The Sligo Parcel Motel is due to open in the next 2 - 3 weeks at the Cartron Hill Topaz. So plenty of time for your Christmas shopping :)
    Excellent... only a few minutes from work too!

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Hi Orla, will there be a parcel motel in Cork anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Just ordered my first parcel for a stay in the motel, saved me €10 if it arrives without hassle!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

Sorry about the delay. This is activated now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

swingking wrote: »
    Hi Orla, will there be a parcel motel in Cork anytime soon?

There sure will! Within the next 2-3 weeks we'll have some Parcel Motels in Cork City, Ballincollig and Middleton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭nitros7

There sure will! Within the next 2-3 weeks we'll have some Parcel Motels in Cork City, Ballincollig and Middleton.

Hi Orla
    Any date for the Kerry Sites please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭reni10

Also any dates on Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

:( you missed mine on the last page (knew it would get over looked)

Mullingar and/or Cavan? Or anywhere in between?

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭emmabo25

Any update on Castlebar?

lowelife wrote: »
    :( you missed mine on the last page (knew it would get over looked)

Mullingar and/or Cavan? Or anywhere in between?

No exact dates yet, I'm afraid, but definitely this side of Christmas.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 298 ✭✭Tony Soprano.

Any update on a Cork Motel?

Any update on a Cork Motel?

Its on this page :rolleyes:

Like I did? :D

WTF........RF post got deleted

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭manu2009

jh79 wrote: »
    Hi Orla,

Any update on the Galway parcel motels?

Also interested as to when the parcel motels will be opening in galway? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

Forgot to mention, Drogheda, Dundalk and Navan will be up and running in the next 2 weeks :D

Just wondering if this actually happen? Can't find one for Drogheda on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Collecting my first parcel tomorrow,saved me a tenner on p&p,and was given a third free 'stay' happy days..cant recommend this enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

hi orla

1. is it possible to cancel a pm id? for example if an online retailer starts to spam me. can you guys cancel pm id and reissue a new one?

2. is it possible to get the history of my pm id and how many transactions have come through it and the info you might store about it?

3. are there plans to add email alerts to go with the sms alerts?

4. is it possible to get alerts when parcel received by you also?

5. how do i get this magical free cup?

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭smilgy

Hi, I've ordered something about 2 weeks ago now from the uk and there still seems to be no sign of my order. Any help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I got an e-mail alert first when I was due to collect a parcel last wek, then I got the SMS afterwards. Not sure what I did to enable it though. Maybe there's a setting somewhere in the account area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Random wrote: »
    hi orla
    1. is it possible to cancel a pm id? for example if an online retailer starts to spam me. can you guys cancel pm id and reissue a new one?

Wouldn't it be better to cancel it at the source than have it sent and build up at Parcel Motel?

Are their laws to unsubscribe from spam material?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'd also be interested to know any information regarding the Galway depot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

smilgy wrote: »
    Hi, I've ordered something about 2 weeks ago now from the uk and there still seems to be no sign of my order. Any help ?

have you contacted the seller?
    Was it labelled correctly with both your name ans PM ID?

From my experience ( 5 deliveries so far) as soon as PM get the package, you get it the following day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

mathie wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be better to cancel it at the source than have it sent and build up at Parcel Motel?

Are their laws to unsubscribe from spam material?

I think the only way to handle this is prevention rather than cure. Whenever you sign up for an account be vigilant and make sure to untick boxed that have defaulted to yes for the likes of 'send my info to third parties' etc.

Random wrote: »
    hi orla

2. is it possible to get the history of my pm id and how many transactions have come through it and the info you might store about it?

4. is it possible to get alerts when parcel received by you also?

5. how do i get this magical free cup?

thanks
    Hi, to answer your questions:
    1. Yes we can delete a PMID but no more parcels can be sent to it as it will no longer exist in our system. Please email us if you wish to do this.
    2. You can check the transactions on your account by logging in and clicking on Account Area (top middle of screen over the Home button) and you will see a list of transactions.
    3. We already have email alerts. You mightn't have yours switched on. Please email or PM us your PMID and we will enable it for you.
    4. We send you an alert when the parcel arrives at the motel. If you wish to check if we have received it, log in and check your transactions, you will see €3.50 has been debited from your account.
    5. New Facebook competition coming soon. Lots of free mugs up for grabs!

smilgy wrote: »

PM me your PMID and I will check.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Cobh would be an ideal place too. I have family there and getting stuff delivered is an enormous pain. Theres a petrol station at http://goo.gl/maps/xa7mx which would be ideal.

Cobh could be a captured little market as going to Midleton or Cork is too far. Also as its an island theres the potential for a nice monopoly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,242 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Any collection sites coming to Wexford town?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Cobh would be an ideal place too. I have family there and getting stuff delivered is an enormous pain. Theres a petrol station at http://goo.gl/maps/xa7mx which would be ideal.

Cobh could be a captured little market as going to Midleton or Cork is too far. Also as its an island theres the potential for a nice monopoly :D

This would be about as useful as setting one up on Craggy Island. ;)

Kidding aside though, what's the population of Cobh? About 10,000? Can't see the service being used enough to be worth while installing. Stranger things have happened though I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

So my account has been debited meaning my first parcel has reached the address in NI, correct? Nightline then deliver to my chosen parcel motel in Dublin (about 24 hours?) and text me the details to get it, is that correct?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

draffodx wrote: »
    So my account has been debited meaning my first parcel has reached the address in NI, correct? Nightline then deliver to my chosen parcel motel in Dublin (about 24 hours?) and text me the details to get it, is that correct?

Yes you should get email (check spam) over nite, and a txt at 7am

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement