Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

Had a Parcel Motel delivery land in the box at 6am this morning. It's expired and gone back to their depot already? What the?

just got a price of €14.50 to send a short sleeved silk blouse back to the UK. The package is tiny and light. Sounds v expensive!!
    Off to the Post Office on my lunch break to see if they're cheaper! Keep u posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

just got a price of €14.50 to send a short sleeved silk blouse back to the UK. The package is tiny and light. Sounds v expensive!!
    Off to the Post Office on my lunch break to see if they're cheaper! Keep u posted.

Doubt it will be much cheaper, cost me nearly €12 to return a bluray to the UK a couple of weeks ago.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Check anpost, could be cheaper depending on weigth and size.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Cheapest parcel (up to 1 KG) - €20.60

See if the retailer is involved with Collect+ for a cheaper returns through PM

• Advertisement

Doubt it will be much cheaper, cost me nearly €12 to return a bluray to the UK a couple of weeks ago.

Cost me €6 with AN Post .....Happy Days !!!

Just want to my local apple green in julianstown to collect Parcel Motel parcel and the whole unit is dead .....no light on, no screen working , couldn't do anything ������. Guessing now my parcel will be returned to base . Very annoyed !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭donegal_man

After a number of problems with Parcel Motel I've given up on it entirely and switched to An Post's Address pal service.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

I ordered something online and the vendor didn't include my PMID. The package arrived and was signed for in Belfast on Monday, I created a find my parcel ticket Monday morning and gave all the details including a tracking number.

Since then I have had nothing but the following, after which they close the ticket, which makes no sense to me, I don't have my parcel so how can they close the ticket???

"We are investigating this for you at the moment and will get back to you with an update as soon as possible"

Horrible customer service from parcel motel, it can't take 3 days to find something if I tell them everything they need to find it.

Will not be using the service again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Kagawa wrote: »
    I ordered something online and the vendor didn't include my PMID. The package arrived and was signed for in Belfast on Monday, I created a find my parcel ticket Monday morning and gave all the details including a tracking number.

Since then I have had nothing but the following, after which they close the ticket, which makes no sense to me, I don't have my parcel so how can they close the ticket???

"We are investigating this for you at the moment and will get back to you with an update as soon as possible"

Horrible customer service from parcel motel, it can't take 3 days to find something if I tell them everything they need to find it.

Its happened to me a few times. Have they asked you for a description of the contents. ? That seems to matter more than your name and and address. There is reasonable chance they will find it but it can take them days.

• Advertisement

recipio wrote: »
    Its happened to me a few times. Have they asked you for a description of the contents. ? That seems to matter more than your name and and address. There is reasonable chance they will find it but it can take them days.

Thanks recipio

Yeah I included that it the ticket, I'm not too happy with your reasonable chance comment though! Surely they can't completely loose it.

Its incredibly annoying dealing with their customer care and the fact they don't provide a phone number says it all for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

You should be more annoyed with the sender. Leaving the PM ID off creates unnecessary hassle both for you and for PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

You should be more annoyed with the sender. Leaving the PM ID off creates unnecessary hassle both for you and for PM.

Yes I agree--and you yourself should always specify that the PMID be included on the address. Ask me how I know
    :)

I would be confident your parcel will turn up eventually and even though its annoying now just put it down to a learning experience--thats what I had to do and I still use them 2 years later even though at the time I was livid with the delay

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

PM are largely to blame for PMIDs being left off though, still astonishes me how a courier company thought a 7 or 8 line address was a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Thanks recipio

Yeah I included that it the ticket, I'm not too happy with your reasonable chance comment though! Surely they can't completely loose it.

Its incredibly annoying dealing with their customer care and the fact they don't provide a phone number says it all for me.

No, once its checked in they usually find it. I've never had anything go completely missing. Badger them by opening new queries every day. Some people use Facebook to complain. Terrible customer service of course - I just wonder how they will be affected by Brexit ?

recipio wrote: »
    No, once its checked in they usually find it. I've never had anything go completely missing. Badger them by opening new queries every day. Some people use Facebook to complain. Terrible customer service of course - I just wonder how they will be affected by Brexit ?

I think Brexit could well be the end of their business model if the tariffs are severe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I'm in the same boat. The seller sent me a pic and the PMID is on the parcel, but It was signed for Monday Morning in Belfast.....I raised a ticket Tuesday and today, none have been closed but I have had no contact from PM.

I had a bit of bad luck around xmas, but the last few deliveries went smoothly.

You just never know, Address Pal it is so.

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. The seller sent me a pic and the PMID is on the parcel, but It was signed for Monday Morning in Belfast.....I raised a ticket Tuesday and today, none have been closed but I have had no contact from PM.

I'm going to start raising more tickets so to see if that gets them doing something.

Addresspal for me too, at least I will be able to talk to a person if they lose my parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Parcel Motel found my parcel, they say there was no ID on it......but I have a pic of the parcel with it on it......

The ebay seller is pushing me to leave feedback saying it was delivered within the specified time, but I can't leave feedback as I dont have the item.....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Parcel Motel found my parcel, they say there was no ID on it......but I have a pic of the parcel with it on it......

The ebay seller is pushing me to leave feedback saying it was delivered within the specified time, but I can't leave feedback as I dont have the item.....

Not really the sellers problem if you're using PM or the like. It was delivered to the correct destination on time. Not their fault if PM mislaid it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Galway City.

New Parcel Motel installed at Monaghan's Seamus Quirke road (formally Arch Motors)

Think it may be the one that used to be in Joyce's Knocknacarra.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

In this case the poster said they saw a photo and the PMID was on it. They have not received it, so I hope they are only holding back on positive feedback on ebay until they get the package and confirm it is the correct & intact product they bought -and are not planning on leaving neg feedback due to PMs delays.

Sounded to me they just wanted to make sure it was the right item.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Quick Question about transit time.....

Got an update at 1.30pm today to say item was in transit to parcel motel (in Kilkenny)

Could I expect that to be available this evening/tonight or would it run into tomorrow?

Does anyone know if parcel motel deliver to their motels on Saturdays? I was supposed to get something today and i'm just wondering if it will come tomorrow now?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

They do deliver on Saturdays. I've got quite a few parcels on Saturdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Does anyone know if parcel motel deliver to their motels on Saturdays? I was supposed to get something today and i'm just wondering if it will come tomorrow now?

TIA

Not around the west of Ireland--unless Dublin is different ?

rusty999 wrote: »

Surely it would be the same everywhere? I think I may have got stuff on Saturdays before, but I can't remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

I have got stuff on Saturdays in Galway, last time I checked we were in the west?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I get deliveries on Saturdays too and I'm also in Galway City.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement