Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

Been using Parcel Wizard for a few months as Parcel Motel has gotten so slow. Decided to give them a try again. Item was delivered on Monday morning to PM. Got the email that afternoon. Still hasn't been stored in the locker.

Meanwhile, had an item delivered to PW this morning and got the confirmation it'll be delivered to me tommorow morning.

Just going to stick with PW from now on. PM was such a great service when it started but unfortunately it now barely resembles how it was when it launched.

Update to this. The item sent with Parcel Motel has been lost without a trace.

I guess I've learned my lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Update to this. The item sent with Parcel Motel has been lost without a trace.

I guess I've learned my lesson.

Call them. Online support is close to useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Had a package from China delivered to PM NI yesterday, was in my locker this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,622 ✭✭✭deezell

eamonnq wrote: »
    Had a package from China delivered to PM NI yesterday, was in my locker this morning.

If you don't mind me asking, would delivery from China to Ireland direct not be the same, without the need to use pm (other than for convenience of not needing to be at home) Stuff I buy from aliexpress is the same cost, usually free, to deliver direct to my home. If I'm not in an post just puts a card in the box to collect from post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭moonboy52

deezell wrote: »
    If you don't mind me asking, would delivery from China to Ireland direct not be the same, without the need to use pm (other than for convenience of not needing to be at home) Stuff I buy from aliexpress is the same cost, usually free, to deliver direct to my home. If I'm not in an post just puts a card in the box to collect from post office.

I think UK stuff gets delivered quicker (it's own shipping option on some of the Chinese sites)

For those that need an item to arrive sooner the 3.95 is worth it.

I do like you as well though, just wait ;)

• Advertisement

moonboy52 wrote: »
    I think UK stuff gets delivered quicker (it's own shipping option on some of the Chinese sites)

For those that need an item to arrive sooner the 3.95 is worth it.

I do like you as well though, just wait ;)
    Thanks. You might also dodge customs VAT that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭B_Sharp

I've looked around but can't find a great answer, what's the deal with ordering off Tesco Direct? A few people have said it cuts out their PMid and it also seems to requires a UK phone number starting with 01, 02 or 07. Is it even possible anymore?

B_Sharp wrote: »
    I've looked around but can't find a great answer, what's the deal with ordering off Tesco Direct? A few people have said it cuts out their PMid and it also seems to requires a UK phone number starting with 01, 02 or 07. Is it even possible anymore?
    PM give this phone number to use.
    028 9084 8411
    As for losing the PM ID, try putting it in a different line of the address, say after ' McKinney rd'

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Just a reminder that top up by 15 euros or more and get a free stay deal ends tomorrow. I have various orders coming from China and I always use Parcelmotel as I know I will have them within 2-3 weeks so the free deal is good value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Just a reminder that top up by 15 euros or more and get a free stay deal ends tomorrow. I have various orders coming from China and I always use Parcelmotel as I know I will have them within 2-3 weeks so the free deal is good value

Do you get charged customs duty by HM government.? If so its a pain to pay it as they only take UK registered credit cards.

• Advertisement

recipio wrote: »
    Do you get charged customs duty by HM government.? If so its a pain to pay it as they only take UK registered credit cards.

So far so good no customs then again most items come marked as gifts and at a lower price most expensive item I would not risk a phone as Parcelmotel would reject it if any customs charges are due,

So far so good no customs then again most items come marked as gifts and at a lower price most expensive item I would not risk a phone as Parcelmotel would reject it if any customs charges are due,

Still don't get why you would order from non eu (eg china) and have it delivered to UK, risking UK customs and duty. Just order to home, it can't be €3.95 more to deliver to ireland than delivery to UK , and you can deal with customs if the item is deemed over the limit. I know there are some odd non eu delivery arrangements, via Sweden and the like but if you are being delivered from an eu country then duty doesn't arise. Any Chinese orders I make are free delivery, UK or Ireland. Why add 3.95 to the cost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Still don't get why you would order from non eu (eg china) and have it delivered to UK, risking UK customs and duty. Just order to home, it can't be €3.95 more to deliver to ireland than delivery to UK , and you can deal with customs if the item is deemed over the limit. I know there are some odd non eu delivery arrangements, via Sweden and the like but if you are being delivered from an eu country then duty doesn't arise. Any Chinese orders I make are free delivery, UK or Ireland. Why add 3.95 to the cost.

Time. Delivery from China to UK is and has been for quite some time quicker than China to Ireland.

http://www.17track.net/en/ourdata/country2country?cm=301&cc=905

http://www.17track.net/en/ourdata/country2country?cm=301&cc=1103

I got stung going via an post ordered an item on the 29th September last year it turned up in February, I got my money back by raising a dispute back in December I can well believe someone having to shift through a 40 foot container of packages coming from China.
    I would not be surprised if some sellers decide that it's not worth selling to Irish customers. Also based on experienced from boardies very really get stopped by Uk customs

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭waylander2002

parcel motel took my parcel at 1025 am this morning, still not showing, after 4 hrs, wonder will they do deliveries this sat, i wanted it for sunday for a birthday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

PM have my parcel as of this morning. Just wondering do they deliver to the motels on holidays? My guess is no, but they took the parcel into Dublin this morning, to my surprise, so I figured I'd ask.

Are they still doing Saturday deliveries in the Dublin area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

To answer my own question, in case anyone is wondering later: yes, they do deliver on bank holidays!

Just picked up my parcel now. No problems or delays with the service at all— arrived in Belfast early this morning, in Dublin by late morning, in my locker by late evening. Very surprised, given recent complaints here, but delighted all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Dummy

Hiya,

Is it possible to return items to Amazon using Parcelmotel? I am returning a few things & Amazon have said that will provide return labels (which work from UK only I guess).

Is it possible to return using parcelmotel & if so, how do I do it?

Rgds.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Dummy wrote: »
    Hiya,

Is it possible to return items to Amazon using Parcelmotel? I am returning a few things & Amazon have said that will provide return labels (which work from UK only I guess).

Is it possible to return using parcelmotel & if so, how do I do it?

Rgds.

Contact them on Chat in most cases they provide return labels for Ireland, now they are not using free postage label, you pay for postage, once you post you need to claim the postage from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

nava wrote: »
    Contact them on Chat in most cases they provide return labels for Ireland, now they are not using free postage label, you pay for postage, once you post you need to claim the postage from them.

Is the label still for Anpost and do they reimburse the whole amount, with no cap?

• Advertisement

Is the label still for Anpost and do they reimburse the whole amount, with no cap?

Last time I used it was about a month ago, to return a faulty Kindle, if I recall correctly it was a standard label, it just had their address also what was inside. As the post office would not take it because of the battery I had to send it courier they refund the full amount in my case, it was about €15 they did a refund of £15 as credit to my account. I contacted before posting to let them know I would need to go with a more expensive option.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My recent experience is no more prepaid labels, you pay AP and they credit you the value (pre set) back when the item is delivered.

• Are they going to do a price increase? I went to top up and avail of the "top up by €15 or more and get a free stay" offer. But it's been replaced by a "top up by €35 or more and get a free stay worth €4.50" deal. Worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Are they going to do a price increase? I went to top up and avail of the "top up by €15 or more and get a free stay" offer. But it's been replaced by a "top up by €35 or more and get a free stay worth €4.50" deal. Worried.

Well spotted, I hope not as with the issues lately I'd be less inclined to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Are they going to do a price increase? I went to top up and avail of the "top up by €15 or more and get a free stay" offer. But it's been replaced by a "top up by €35 or more and get a free stay worth €4.50" deal. Worried.

where do you see this, I searched that phrase and found nothing.

Did find an old thread saying free €4.50 credit if you top up by €35, so sounds like this might be the deal

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057327590&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

rubadub wrote: »
    where do you see this, I searched that phrase and found nothing.

Did find an old thread saying free €4.50 credit if you top up by €35, so sounds like this might be the deal

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057327590&page=2

It effectively says the say is €4.50.

412922.png

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Cheers, I see that now when I log in too. I reckon its a typo, as other services are worth €4.50 and the main site still says 3.95

Similar wording was in other threads, but not mention of stays.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057616122&page=15
    €4.50 Top Up Bonus
    If you top up by €35 or more in a single payment we will add €4.50 to your account*.
    *You must top up by €35 or more at a time to avail of this offer. The bonus will be applied as credit to your Parcel Motel account. No cash alternative or refunds are applicable.

in the other linked thread someone copped 35+4.50=39.50 = 10 stays

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

anyone know if Boots deliveries from the UK work with PM? Or do they send them back because of the signature?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    anyone know if Boots deliveries from the UK work with PM? Or do they send them back because of the signature?

They will not send it back, PM staff will sign the package when it arrives.

Not sure if Boots will have restriction regarding UK credit card only or billing address mast match delivery address, etc you will only know about by ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Nice one thanks for the info nava, I will save about 20% by using the UK prices so hopefully it will work

edit- just ordered there using my PM address as the billing address and it accepted it. Now heres hoping they send it without problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement