Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

@cheifkaiser. Can't quote from app. I never said nobody was doing a favour, I simply gave three options. Also regardless what you order the difference often arises in the packaging. We've yet to see that. Also If it was cheaper to have them sent directly why didn't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

jimmynokia wrote: »
    @cheifkaiser Also If it was cheaper to have them sent directly why didn't you?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭deezell

moleyv wrote: »
    Anyone know the opening hours of the PM depot off the North Road?

9am - 9pm Mon-Fri, 9-5 Sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Isnt it just..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

deezell wrote:
    9am - 9pm Mon-Fri, 9-5 Sat.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I just noticed a company I ordered from never put my pmid on an item ordered, will I need to get in touch with PM about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Well finally got a reply from the motel... I will post it up here as I cannot understand, how mistaken they can be and for others to watch out with oversized items. I was charged 49€ for this and the calculator online said it would be 14€.

Hi
    Thank you for contacting us,

The dimensions of your over size parcel were 66 X 60 X 80 resulting in a €49.00 charge.

If your parcel exceeds 41cm X 38cm X 64cm or weighs more than 10kg in actual weight, your parcel will be deemed “oversize”.
    Oversize parcels are measured using “volumetric” which is cubic kilograms (kg³).

This is calculated by multiplying the Length (cm) X Width (cm) X Depth (cm) and then dividing by 3000. This gives us the volume (space it takes up) of the parcel in kg³ (cubic kilogram or ‘volumetric’ as we call it).

We charge €7.00 for anything under 55kg³ in volume, and then it costs an additional €7.00 for every 10kg³ in volume, over the initial 55kg³.
    Guidelines below:-

• up to 55kg³ (in volume) is €7.00,
    • up to 65kg³ (in volume) is €14.00
    • up to 75kg³ (in volume) is €21.00
    • up to 85kg³ (in volume) is €28.00 and so on..

For example, if your parcel dimensions are 50cm X 63cm X 91cm, then using the formula above, this would be a volume of 95.55kg³. We would then round to the nearest whole number of 96kg³. The charge for something of this size is €42.00 and would be charged upon the parcels arrival into us.

Then for an additional charge of €7.95 on top of the parcel charge you can organise a home/work delivery for the oversized parcel online via your parcel motel account.

Kind Regards,

My reply;

Hi X,

Good evening, thanks for getting back to me about my query. I have to disagree with you on the measurements of the box. As you can see from my pictures that I have attached to this email, that the size of the box is actually, 64.5cm x 35cm x 78cm, with a weight of 21/22KG. Using your online calculator I get a figure of 14EUR for postage; using a rounded figure of 65 x 35 x 78 cm with a weight of 22KG. I have measured the box myself and it is the same size as described on the box. I don't mean to be smart here, but it looks to me like someone doesn't know how to get the volume of a box, when they measured it. As firstly, I cannot find a side with 60cm anywhere on the box, unless someone decided to measure the side of the box that is 64.5cm twice, as in they measured the top and the size, which of course will give the same size and a completely in accurate volume of the box.

[cid:951ef075-ad31-4043-a68c-031294869779]

And also using the maths you provided, the size of the box 64.5*35*78/3000 gives me a volume of 59.15 which is below is 65kg price of 14EUR.

I trust you understand my position on this and can see why I am not to happy about a 49EUR charge over a 14EUR charge, as I said I was very happy with PM up until this and to be honest if someone doesn't see where I am coming from with this and refund me the difference, then I won't be using the motel again.

Best Regards,

X.

I have attached the picture of the box to this. Am I wrong in what I am saying? (reading over it I was a bit smart and snappy, but in fairness I am waiting nearly 5 weeks for a reply. I will be waiting another 5 weeks from my guess)

IMG_20170124_190631.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I cant see where they've got those figures from.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

They seemed to have got rid of the free extended liability up to 250 euros if you filled in more details about your shipment eg courier what was in it courier tracking number etc.

EDIT actually wrong in their FAQ they give free extended liability up to €250 if you fill in the parcel Diary. Worth Filling in on items worth over €100

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CianCollins

I am having a lot of trouble at the moment with Parcel motel and I would be grateful for some advice. I recently ordered a €250 product on Amazon the product was due to arrive between the 18th of Jan - 1st feb. I extended the liability on the 12th to €500, a week after purchasing the product, the following week around the 18th I tracked the product and it stated that the package arrived in NI on the 9th of January and was signed for. I sent on details to parcel motel of the product they came back to me today after a week of hounding them that they conducted a depot search and it was unsuccessful and that they are only refunding me €100 due to the fact the package had arrived at the depot before I extended the liability.
    I am fuming and am considering taking it to small claims court as no where does it state it in the Terms & conditions that has to be extended before it arrives at depot. Do I have a leg to stand on should the package liability been extended before purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I am having a lot of trouble at the moment with Parcel motel and I would be grateful for some advice. I recently ordered a €250 product on Amazon the product was due to arrive between the 18th of Jan - 1st feb. I extended the liability on the 12th to €500, a week after purchasing the product, the following week around the 18th I tracked the product and it stated that the package arrived in NI on the 9th of January and was signed for. I sent on details to parcel motel of the product they came back to me today after a week of hounding them that they conducted a depot search and it was unsuccessful and that they are only refunding me €100 due to the fact the package had arrived at the depot before I extended the liability.
    I am fuming and am considering taking it to small claims court as no where does it state it in the Terms & conditions that has to be extended before it arrives at depot. Do I have a leg to stand on should the package liability been extended before purchase.

Before or at time of purchase I would imagine, After the event would be a bit like insuring your house after it burned down.

If you entered it into your PM shopping list it would have automatically been insured for €250, did you do that?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

TallGlass wrote: »
    MY ISSUE

Just to update people on my problem with PM, fairly quickly resolved. Issued a refund of the difference and one free stay. Happy with the outcome and they came back to me very quickly to be honest.

Don't think I could ask for more.

So I will be back to using PM again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Gah. I ordered something to Parcel Motel from tesco direct which uses standard post, dispatched last friday and the status on it is still dispatched, rather than delivered. It also didn't have my PMID on it, cos of the way that address thing works, so I just put the description of the parcel into the parcel finder thing on the PM website, but as of now there's no sign of the parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,691 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Just wondering if anyone has ordered a TV from Amazon UK and got it delivered via Parcel Motel. I have only used them for delivery of items that fit in the boxes but looking at TV's and wondering if anyone has had any experience with them on delivery and collection from their Depot and how long it took etc and approx. cost as emailed parcel motel but no reply
    Cheers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Just wondering if anyone has ordered a TV from Amazon UK and got it delivered via Parcel Motel. I have only used them for delivery of items that fit in the boxes but looking at TV's and wondering if anyone has had any experience with them on delivery and collection from their Depot and how long it took etc and approx. cost as emailed parcel motel but no reply
    Cheers

I got a TV via PM a few years back, quite straight forward took the same as any other parcels, but I had it deliver to my house for a bit extra.

I got another TV with Parcel Wizard also no issues with them, best about PW is that they are not as strict for oversize items.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

fernrock wrote: »
    I have a similar problem, except that they agreed on the 11th that it was lost and they would compensate me (€91) to my paypal account within 7 working days. Still waiting in spite of several more support requests and telephone calls.

does anybody have a phone number for this mob...their customer service is shocking!!!!! ..I sent a package to another PM user in Waterford 4 days ago, I received the comfirmation text and everything, he still hasn't even got a notification that they have it in their depot !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

kingaaa wrote: »
    does anybody have a phone number for this mob...their customer service is shocking!!!!!

Shocking is not the word for it..
    Call at 9am and you may get an answer.

Then vote with your feet, is my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

UsedToWait wrote: »

Shocking is not the word for it..
    Call at 9am and you may get an answer.

Then vote with your feet, is my advice.

thanks for that..... great service when it's working, but if something goes wrong you may forget trying to get in touch !! this is the 3rd issue I have had with the (2 x receiving, 1 x sending)... each time customer service is deplorable!!! If I was the boss or owner I would be horrified if I heard some of these stories - it will eventually kill them off now that DHL and the like are getting into the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

2 more parcels, 2 non stored notification emails, again even tho they are.

2 non responses to 2 tickets. PM u suck.

JG009 wrote: »
    2 more parcels, 2 non stored notification emails, again even tho they are.

2 non responses to 2 tickets. PM u suck.

Whats a non stored notification email. Is when the parcell is first scanned by pm at the depot but before it is sent out to the lockers?

• Advertisement

deezell wrote: »
    Whats a non stored notification email. Is when the parcell is first scanned by pm at the depot but before it is sent out to the lockers?

I get the first email that it is checked in but I dont get the one to say it is stored even though it is. I have to log in. Yes I get texts but I dont always have that phone with me so I rely on the emails.

Non-email was me just saying it is stored but I don't get an email about it.
    No response yet to two tickets!

I get the first email that it is checked in but I dont get the one to say it is stored even though it is. I have to log in. Yes I get texts but I dont always have that phone with me so I rely on the emails.

The first email or text is to say that it scanned in the depot, I think that's the north dublin depot, not Newtownabbey. After that you wait till it moves through the depot, into a van, then to the motel locker. That's when you get the second text to collect. Time between the two alerts can be a few hours to a few days, more at Xmas. I'd imagine it's first in first out at the depot, trucks from north unload at one end, scan and alert, then down the line and into the vans for the motels, assuming there are empty lockers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Now that you mention it last parcel I got I didn't get an email notification when it arrived in the motel just a text.

Now that you mention it last parcel I got I didn't get an email notification when it arrived in the motel just a text.

Same deal with my last parcel, text only.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

deezell wrote: »
    The first email or text is to say that it scanned in the depot, I think that's the north dublin depot, not Newtownabbey. After that you wait till it moves through the depot, into a van, then to the motel locker. That's when you get the second text to collect. Time between the two alerts can be a few hours to a few days, more at Xmas. I'd imagine it's first in first out at the depot, trucks from north unload at one end, scan and alert, then down the line and into the vans for the motels, assuming there are empty lockers.

Thanks, I am using them 4 years. The parcels are going into the lockers and I am not being emailed to notify me. E.g one last night went in at 11pm no email.

Same deal with my last parcel, text only.

thanks. Could you two be so kind as to hound them about this too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Unchopped

I am a first time PM user. What format is the pin number for collecting. I have been waiting 5 days for a parcel and have got no text or email notification. Its on the motel system and when i use the tracking number thru nightline website it shows as delivered to collection point yesterday.
    There was a code on the tracking note with 3 letter and 3 digit format. Would this be my pin code?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Unchopped wrote: »
    I am a first time PM user. What format is the pin number for collecting. I have been waiting 5 days for a parcel and have got no text or email notification. Its on the motel system and when i use the tracking number thru nightline website it shows as delivered to collection point yesterday.
    There was a code on the tracking note with 3 letter and 3 digit format. Would this be my pin code?

If you logon to the Parcel Motel website you should see the pin code there if it's in the locker, I think codes are only valid for 48h from the time they put it in the locker.

The PIN is 4 digits too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Unchopped

Thanks. The parcel motel website states it is in depot but the tracking number when entered in the nightline website shows as been delivered to the locker location in mullingar.
    I think i should stick with dpd.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement