Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Gaelmart

I have got stuff on Saturdays in Galway, last time I checked we were in the west?!?

I asked them.
    In small towns it depends on the amount they have for delivery on Saturdays and if your town is skippable in the first place obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,623 ✭✭✭deezell

Agricola wrote: »
    Quick Question about transit time.....

Got an update at 1.30pm today to say item was in transit to parcel motel (in Kilkenny)

Could I expect that to be available this evening/tonight or would it run into tomorrow?

I've only ever got a message to say it was checked in at the depot, then 6 hours to 36 hours later a text with pin to say it was in the locker. I've never got one to say it was on its way to the locker. If the message is the first type then it depends on if the parcel has made the scheduled run to Kilkenny, 1.30 should be good, and if there are empty lockers there to receive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭trishasaffron

Went and collected a parcel from my local depot yesterday not realising that there were two separate parcels in two separate !ockers. So I got notified this morning that my parcel was returned and will be reprocessed. BUT I am away for 10 days from Tuesday so unless I get it tomorrow I won't be able to collect!

Can't find a number to call them. What's the best way to contact them? Are they available on Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,869 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Galway City.

New Parcel Motel installed at Monaghan's Seamus Quirke road (formally Arch Motors)

Think it may be the one that used to be in Joyce's Knocknacarra.

Yes. So no PM West of Galway. Luckily Addresspal are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Gilma2010

I'm waiting for an order from O'Neill's since Thursday. Parcel motel emailed me to say they would deliver Thursday, but i wouldn't be home so i redirected it to my local motel (for free). The only other scan showing on the tracking page is "parcel in storage" at 1am Saturday. I use parcel motel a lot and never had an issue, is it normal for them to store a parcel over the weekend? I've had Saturday deliveries before.

• Advertisement

Went and collected a parcel from my local depot yesterday not realising that there were two separate parcels in two separate !ockers. So I got notified this morning that my parcel was returned and will be reprocessed. BUT I am away for 10 days from Tuesday so unless I get it tomorrow I won't be able to collect!

Can't find a number to call them. What's the best way to contact them? Are they available on Sunday?

Parcel Motel/Nightline
    1890241717 Call Instead 018835400 or 018835442

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

Hi all,
    I received a parcel to parcel motel last Monday which did not have my PMID, (vendors fault) but anyway. It took Parcel Motel until Thursday to find it even though I raised a ticket straight away on Monday giving them everything they needed including a tracking number etc. Then when they finally found it they tell me that it had been routed to another customer in error (not sure how that could happen). They also said it would be at my parcel motel the following morning, but still no sign this morning. I then check my account today and there is another parcel showing on my account and I have not ordered anything, has anyone ever seen this, it looks like they have registered the parcel again, I don't know what is going on.
    Overall the customer care in this case has been very poor, I'm starting to think they have lost it or something. Has anything like this ever happened to anyone else with them. I have received a couple of things before which didn't have the PMID and they sorted it very efficiently with only a one or two day delay, its been over a week in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Kagawa

deezell wrote: »
    Parcel Motel/Nightline
    1890241717 Call Instead 018835400 or 018835442

Do they take calls about parcel motel on this numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

Hi all, first time using Parcel Motel, some issues. I received a text and email this morning at 6.30 saying my parcel was available for collection. Went to depot this afternoon but got an error message saying I had entered something incorrectly. Tried repeatedly bit no joy, I am definitely entering them correctly. Logged onto account to try do QR code method and realised my parcel doesn't have a QR code associated with it. Anyone seen this before or know what is going on? Have had no response from company yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

Hi all, first time using Parcel Motel, some issues. I received a text and email this morning at 6.30 saying my parcel was available for collection. Went to depot this afternoon but got an error message saying I had entered something incorrectly. Tried repeatedly bit no joy, I am definitely entering them correctly. Logged onto account to try do QR code method and realised my parcel doesn't have a QR code associated with it. Anyone seen this before or know what is going on? Have had no response from company yet.

Same here, I went to my local PM to collect and the machine had an error notice --'machine temporally out of order'
    Then I find out they have taken the parcel back to northern Ireland--or Dublin, not sure-- and I have to wait for it to be delivered again.
    Great !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

rusty999 wrote: »
    Same here, I went to my local PM to collect and the machine had an error notice --'machine temporally out of order'
    Then I find out they have taken the parcel back to northern Ireland--or Dublin, not sure-- and I have to wait for it to be delivered again.
    Great !!

It was certainly returned back to the sender...

It happens with machines - from time to time they brake down and either stop working or uprise. In both cases it is smart to empty it and return the parcels as soon as it works again.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rusty999

grogi wrote: »
    It was certainly returned back to the sender...

It happens with machines - from time to time they brake down and either stop working or uprise. In both cases it is smart to empty it and return the parcels as soon as it works again.

No, not back to sender thankfully but back to nightline's depot so I will probably receive another text when its been delivered here again. This happened on Sunday last. I'm curious as to why a nightline driver could not see the machine was faulty when he came on Monday and use his common sense by leaving the deliveries in the box for collection as he must have know that customers were unable to access them at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,389 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

No, not back to sender thankfully but back to nightline's depot so I will probably receive another text when its been delivered here again. This happened on Sunday last. I'm curious as to why a nightline driver could not see the machine was faulty when he came on Monday and use his common sense by leaving the deliveries in the box for collection as he must have know that customers were unable to access them at the weekend.

So, will you get hit with a double stay charge?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

So, will you get hit with a double stay charge?

Nope . I didn't when same happened to me recently 😉

In fact parcel was left there all the time machine was broken (PM told me that , even though your txt says it's gone back to base)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Great !!

Got a text/email this morning to say my parcel was ready for collection, went to the motel and it had the 'temporarily unavailable' message.

If it's your first time check the mobile no. you registered. Did you use the international version, e.g. 353 87 545.....or just 087 545.... Don't enter phone no and pin as one big entry. Finally, as it's your first, check the motel location you choose, there are two in my area, it would be easy to go to the wrong one. What message appears on the screen after entry. It would tell you if the entry was in error or if the motel was out of order.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

Thanks deezell! I was at wrong depot ��

Thanks deezell! I was at wrong depot ��

Great! Less then 48 hours so you won't pay for delayed collection. On that subject, if you restrict the times that you receive alerts to, say, 9.00am to 11.pm then the clock starts ticking from when they alert you, not when the parcel was popped in at 3 or 4 in the morning. Very useful if away for a few days, you can gain extra hours to collect by limiting your alert times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Anyone know if PM is open on Friday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. The seller sent me a pic and the PMID is on the parcel, but It was signed for Monday Morning in Belfast.....I raised a ticket Tuesday and today, none have been closed but I have had no contact from PM.

I had a bit of bad luck around xmas, but the last few deliveries went smoothly.

You just never know, Address Pal it is so.

Just to update for fairness, the vendor used Parcel Monkey.....who's tracking number was plastered on the parcel PM456789. I saw the pic and the PM number and presumes it was my PM number so Parcel Motel thought that there was no PMID on the parcel.

But when I received the parcel, my PMID was on it, but it was under my name, before my address in the same size font.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,812 ✭✭✭✭josip

Is this some kind of Parcel Motel joke that us customers don't get?

5fRvEZR.png

Coz I ain't f***g laughing Nicholas

4th delivery from dpd to parcel motel has gotten lost.
    It seems that whenever a online store uses dpd my PM number never makes it onto the address.

It's putting me off using online shops that use dpd now as this is the 4th time in a row (three different retailers) where my PM number has been 'missing' from the address field... My stuff goes into limbo land until I give PM my dpd tracking info.

god's toy wrote: »
    4th delivery from dpd to parcel motel has gotten lost.
    It seems that whenever a online store uses dpd my PM number never makes it onto the address.

It's putting me off using online shops that use dpd now as this is the 4th time in a row (three different retailers) where my PM number has been 'missing' from the address field... My stuff goes into limbo land until I give PM my dpd tracking info.

Always put PM in first line of address, before your name.

Always put PM in first line of address, before your name.

Yep did that. In that is Joe blogs . PM 234556. Bla bla bla. Knackerland co bla.

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep did that. In that is Joe blogs . PM 234556. Bla bla bla. Knackerland co bla.

Before your name - PM234556 Joe Blogs. In one line... Even if it gets trimmed, the PM number will be visible...

Before your name - PM234556 Joe Blogs. In one line... Even if it gets trimmed, the PM number will be visible...

That's a good tip ! in PM's case the number is more important. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

josip wrote: »
    Is this some kind of Parcel Motel joke that us customers don't get?

5fRvEZR.png

Coz I ain't f***g laughing Nicholas

did you send a parcel or what?

Usually my parcels get scanned in NI before noon and they are in the PM in Waterford by 1am.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement