Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭DivingDuck

Has anyone ever ordered items which are both delicate and heavy via PM?

Looking at getting a TV from Amazon UK which won't ship to ROI (will to NI) and I'm wondering what the story is with damages. More than happy to cough up the extra three quid for insurance, but if something happens with dead pixels or something, how do you go about getting things sorted— via PM, Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,573 ✭✭✭deezell

DivingDuck wrote: »
    Has anyone ever ordered items which are both delicate and heavy via PM?

Looking at getting a TV from Amazon UK which won't ship to ROI (will to NI) and I'm wondering what the story is with damages. More than happy to cough up the extra three quid for insurance, but if something happens with dead pixels or something, how do you go about getting things sorted— via PM, Amazon?
    They have a section in support on returns. Some are free, they have an arrangement with a lot of vendors who supply pre printed return labels from their couriers. I'd imagine it could get messy for warranty items, as UK warranties are often with the manufacturer/warehouse not the vendor. In Ireland you always deal with the vendor. My only return to date worked out great, vendor simply contacted the manufacturer ( big tv stand), who delivered a replacement direct, no pm, before sending a courier to collect incorrect item. Item was originally shipped direct from manufacturers warehouse to PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,085 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Same deal with my last parcel, text only.

Two parcels arrived today for me, no emails, just txts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

Anyone have any idea how long it usually takes PM to process an order that has no id on it? Package was delivered last Thursday and filled in the "find my parcel" form but still no word?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

mikeecho wrote: »
    Two parcels arrived today for me, no emails, just txts

Bit crazy considering the nature of their business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

JG009 wrote: »
    Bit crazy considering the nature of their business.

It was always both email and txt. Why would they stop sending the emails?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

It was always both email and txt. Why would they stop sending the emails?

I would say is a technical issue, it would be cheaper for them to send email than text, maybe they haven't even notice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

I returned a item to amazon on the 19th , tracking shows its journey up till the morning of the 27th when it was in Edinburgh. It has not updated since then. Amazon say they have not received it and no reply to my email to parcel-motel yet. is it likely lost ? and if so what are the chances of me getting the cost of the item back from parcel motel (i paid from extended liability as the item is worth around 500euro )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

I returned a item to amazon on the 19th , tracking shows its journey up till the morning of the 27th when it was in Edinburgh. It has not updated since then. Amazon say they have not received it and no reply to my email to parcel-motel yet. is it likely lost ? and if so what are the chances of me getting the cost of the item back from parcel motel (i paid from extended liability as the item is worth around 500euro )

Have you tracked the parcel on UKMails website? You need to get the Parcel Motel reference starting with PRSL then go to nightline, third party tracking and you'll get the number there then go to UKMail website. You can read more here.

For some reason the delivered status hasn't updated on my Parcel Motel page for the last few parcels to the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

It's been a while since I did a locker to locker transfer but IIRC its ok to write out the label (clearly) in the absence of a printer, am I right?

• Advertisement

sweetie wrote: »
    It's been a while since I did a locker to locker transfer but IIRC its ok to write out the label (clearly) in the absence of a printer, am I right?

I don't think so. Don't the labels have a barcode on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

How long does reprocessing take? I have a goddamn cable trapped in the system I missed last Monday and still not back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

scopper wrote: »
    How long does reprocessing take? I have a goddamn cable trapped in the system I missed last Monday and still not back in.

Once it goes in there it goes into the Pmotel black hole. It's just easier to buy a new cable. Sorry :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

JG009 wrote: »
    scopper wrote: »

Once it goes in there it goes into the Pmotel black hole. It's just easier to buy a new cable. Sorry :D
    Lol, as expected. These guys are crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

Have you tracked the parcel on UKMails website? You need to get the Parcel Motel reference starting with PRSL then go to nightline, third party tracking and you'll get the number there then go to UKMail website. You can read more here.

For some reason the delivered status hasn't updated on my Parcel Motel page for the last few parcels to the UK

thank you , that gave me more info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Ordered something on Amazon Friday, dispatched Monday,delivered Tuesday and in PM this mooning,collected it around 5 before work. Glad they are over their Christmas delays.

But with that QR Code scanner I just cannot get it work, try it on OnePlus 3 and S7 edge and nothing. Don't know what I am doing wrong. But the code is still 4 digit not6 so maybe this PM have not been upgrade yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Ordered something on Amazon Friday, dispatched Monday,delivered Tuesday and in PM this mooning,collected it around 5 before work. Glad they are over their Christmas delays.

But with that QR Code scanner I just cannot get it work, try it on OnePlus 3 and S7 edge and nothing. Don't know what I am doing wrong. But the code is still 4 digit not6 so maybe this PM have not been upgrade yet?

Hold it a good 12-14cm away from the reader at a parallel angle. Works fine on mine and I still get 4 digit pins.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,947 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Fastest ever for me, got something posted from UK (to the NI address), arrived in 2 days to my PM.

Used to take at least a day longer, really impressed. I was lucky that even over Christmas the wait was only a couple of days.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,203 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Using PM to return something to Amazon. How long should it be between putting the box in a locker and it showing on my account or hearing anything from PM?

The only thing I got was a text right after I put it in the locker saying thanks for using the sending service and they would message me again to confirm receipt of my package. That was Tuesday night.

Oat23 wrote: »
    Using PM to return something to Amazon. How long should it be between putting the box in a locker and it showing on my account or hearing anything from PM?

The only thing I got was a text right after I put it in the locker saying thanks for using the sending service and they would message me again to confirm receipt of my package. That was Tuesday night.

I'd expect a text in the next few hours. When I post on Sunday, it gets collected Monday from Motel, nothing happens Tuesday I get the text Wednesday saying they have it and it gets delivered Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Do an Post not have an agreement with Amazon to accept returns, and send them back to the Uk via Johnston logistics?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Kamili wrote: »
    Do an Post not have an agreement with Amazon to accept returns, and send them back to the Uk via Johnston logistics?

Theyve stopped. Now they go back to mainland UK and reimburse you.

ED E wrote: »
    Theyve stopped. Now they go back to mainland UK and reimburse you.

I got burned on this last time. Paid AnPost €14 to ship something back to Scotland and then lost the receipt I had to send them for the refund :mad:

Decided to return it via PM using Collect+ for €3.50 this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 NiceyNice

I ordered a new umbrella from Amazon the other day and decided to save on delivery charges to Ireland by using Parcel Motel. Today I received an email from them to let me know that the package is oversized. It's not a golf umbrella but longer than a handbag sized one. I opted for home delivery. An expense at €7.95 I know, but it saved me from shlepping across the city in manic traffic. I just noticed a further charge of €7 to my account, and after checking the T's & C's, it turns out that I have been charged a handling fee. Yikes! I understand that the package is too long for a standard locker but how does it cost an extra €7 for somebody in the depot to do the exact same thing with the box as they would if it was a few inches shorter - at the standard rate of €3.95? Obviously I don't know the exact length of the parcel yet but it can't be heavy. Surely the home delivery fee of €7.95 should cover the cost of any handling, with a tiered increase of cost according to weight? This has turned our to be a pretty expensive umbrella.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭miketheDIYman

Always read the small print !!! I have had to pay for extra long items too but always collected from their depot in Finglas to save on the extra charge they are providing a great service though, so in the long run you are bound to save

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

MOD: Please use sticky PM thread, Merging with it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

It has always been the case with oversized items that you get charged the initial locker charge plus a charge for collecting from your local Depot. The 3rd charge for opting to let PM deal with the manic traffic and do the donkey work for you has always been there too!

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Evening, we are expecting two packages via PM. I logged into our account today and the first appears to have arrived at the PM depot but it has been marked as cancelled, twice, with two separate tracking numbers. Any ideas? This has not happened to us before.

I'd expect a text in the next few hours. When I post on Sunday, it gets collected Monday from Motel, nothing happens Tuesday I get the text Wednesday saying they have it and it gets delivered Friday.

I think my €230 return has vanished...no updates since the 1st..

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    I think my €230 return has vanished...no updates since the 1st..

Have you tried tracking it on nightlines website to see if you can get the UK Mail tracking code. Normally outbound will then be followed by export, although sometimes this status is skipped. This is from Dublin, I would imagine it goes from Sligo to Dublin. Hopefully its exported from Dublin today

You can read about how to do it here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement