Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭Sikpupi

Orla.....What about Kerry- The Kingdom!!! Whats the latest on a Tralee or Killarney site?? I'll even go to Knocknagoshel to collect....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just collected a game I ordered from the rathfarnham PM there a while ago. Got free postage from amazon using the uk address and had no problems at all picking it up. Just entered my phone number and the pin which i got in a text and the locker popped open. Fantastic service and will definitely be using it again!

ondafly wrote: »
    Used Parcel Motel for the first time last night

wow that was so easy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Wexford and Carlow are in the same phase as Limerick so all I can tell you right now, is that it will be in the next 2 months. In plenty of time for the Christmas shopping. Only 70 shopping days left 'til Christmas!

Wexford wooh! Can you say whether it's wexford town (please!!!), or somewhere in the back of nowhere like Gorey or New ross.. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

How exactly does it work if sending a package to the antrim motel, and then I want to pick it up in Dublin. As in, how do they know to send it onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Mushy wrote: »
    How exactly does it work if sending a package to the antrim motel, and then I want to pick it up in Dublin. As in, how do they know to send it onwards.

When you register you designate a "Motel", your nearest one ideally, to be the pick up spot. When a package comes in with your ID on it, they can see that you have designated said Motel and will drop your packages there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Lads I'm not being funny but everything you need to know is on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,605 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Just something to watch out for, spent ages trying to buy an item on ebay.co.uk only fo finally spot under Postage that the seller does not post to NI. It was hidden under- Post to: United Kingdom See delivery location exclusions-

Kept thinking it was something to do with the way I was changing my postage address to PM. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

After spotting this I ordered from another seller with no problems (fingers crossed) roll on my text from PM to tell me my item is ready for collection. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Collected an oversize package from Finglas on Saturday. Very happy with the service, well worth the EUR 3.50. Even though my first visit was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

Got my Parcel Motel card in the post today, handy to have :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Nolimits wrote: »

Card?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    Card?
    yep you get a card in the post it has your pm number on it

Nolimits wrote: »

It doesn't need a card...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

Achilles wrote: »
    It doesn't need a card...

They send you a card with your details on it, credit card size, also includes the postal address of parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭chasm

OK...the wait is over....Here's the updated list of planned Parcel Motel locations in the next phase. Cork city & county, Limerick, Galway, Waterford, Sligo,Wexford, Clonmel & North Tipperary, Carlow, Kilkenny, Portlaoise, Mullingar, Athlone, Ennis, Castlebar, Letterkenny, Tralee, Killarney, Cavan, Longford, Tullamore. I hope we're keeping you all happy :o

Any chance of Carrick-on-Shannon being considered as a location in the future?

pissed wrote: »
    They send you a card with your details on it, credit card size, also includes the postal address of parcel motel.

Funilly enough I came home to find one in the post for me too.

I don't really see the point of it though when I can just log in to their website and see the same info though?

Funilly enough I came home to find one in the post for me too.

I don't really see the point of it though when I can just log in to their website and see the same info though?

The card means you don't have to

MrStuffins wrote: »
    The card means you don't have to

Yeah but realistically when would anybody be using this service when they're not sitting at a computer?

Yeah but realistically when would anybody be using this service when they're not sitting at a computer?

When ordering by post, in person, over the phone, when someone else is ordering on your behalf you have the info in your wallet.

I'm sure there are more scenarios than those ones I just took off the top of my head.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    When ordering by post, in person, over the phone, when someone else is ordering on your behalf you have the info in your wallet.

I'm sure there are more scenarios than those ones I just took off the top of my head.

Fair enough I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Can someone please tell me where the dorndon texaco motel in ballsbridge is? Ive searched everywhere and the map sucks!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Can someone please tell me where the dorndon texaco motel in ballsbridge is? Ive searched everywhere and the map sucks!!!!

Here's the full address.
    Dorden Texaco Merrion Gates
    290 Merrion Road, Elm Park, D4, Dublin
    Route: R118

• Registered Users Posts: 22,109 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I know Orla answered your question, but where did you get Ballsbridge from?

Edit: Now I see! The location shown on the ParcelMotel map is way off - by more than 2km!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Esel wrote: »
    I know Orla answered your question, but where did you get Ballsbridge from?

Edit: Now I see! The location shown on the ParcelMotel map is way off - by more than 2km!

Explains why i wasted nearly an hour today looking for a fictional place:)
    Might have better luck tomoro with the right address.
    2km is some way off tho. The site should be updated to reflect the true coordinates.

Wow just put it into google. Thats some error. An some walk tomoro!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I'm trying to verify my mobile phone but I keep getting "The mobile number you entered has already been registered." Is somebody else using my number or what :confused:

jamescd wrote: »
    I'm trying to verify my mobile phone but I keep getting "The mobile number you entered has already been registered." Is somebody else using my number or what :confused:

Maybe you registered already and totally forgot about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Maybe you registered already and totally forgot about it?

No it's my 1st and only account

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to change the phone number on the site ? Thinking of using my parent's/sister's phone number for the registration/verification process and then changing it afterwards to my own number. Wouldn't want the PIN getting sent to their phones everytime I order

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Expecting my 3rd delivery but it's not showed .
    Bought something from an Amazon seller.
    Product was despatched to my PM address on 5th Sept but has not shown up.
    There was no tracking number available .
    I emailed seller for refund .
    Not sure if parcel motel have mislaid it or royal mail gave messed up.

jamescd wrote: »
    No it's my 1st and only account

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to change the phone number on the site ? Thinking of using my parent's/sister's phone number for the registration/verification process and then changing it afterwards to my own number. Wouldn't want the PIN getting sent to their phones everytime I order

Please PM me your PMID and I will fix this for you.

• Advertisement

iggy wrote: »
    Expecting my 3rd delivery but it's not showed .
    Bought something from an Amazon seller.
    Product was despatched to my PM address on 5th Sept but has not shown up.
    There was no tracking number available .
    I emailed seller for refund .
    Not sure if parcel motel have mislaid it or royal mail gave messed up.

Please PM me your PMID and I will check this for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement