Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Got my first delivery today. Very good service, well impressed.

As a bonus got a coffee mug and a tshirt as well :)

It was there in the box.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Got my first delivery today. Very good service, well impressed.

As a bonus got a coffee mug and a tshirt as well :)

It was there in the box.

:eek: I got 4 deliveries already but no mug or t-shirt :(

Orla any chance of getting some freebies? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

daytob wrote: »
    Got another parcel today and my text messages came back on.

:D

oh and for anyone wondering, I got a parcel from china, value less then £20stg through and it arrived perfectly. these same parcels get stopped by customs here.
    Ill keep using parcel motel

Cheers Orla and all there

I think you just got lucky/unlucky... I have had the reverse experience, I have received quite a few packages from china to my address in Ireland without customs check, but when I lived in London every single package I received from outside EU got intercepted (for duty/vat)...
    Nothing against using parcelmotel though, have done so myself a few times with only positive experiences...

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭alanbk

ring credit card company and add parcel motel address as a billing address
    Cheers and thanks for the reply. My cc compan(Tesco Visa) will only allow one address against your account. Pity. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Hi orla can you reveal any of the new locations coming soon.

OK...the wait is over....Here's the updated list of planned Parcel Motel locations in the next phase. Cork city & county, Limerick, Galway, Waterford, Sligo,Wexford, Clonmel & North Tipperary, Carlow, Kilkenny, Portlaoise, Mullingar, Athlone, Ennis, Castlebar, Letterkenny, Tralee, Killarney, Cavan, Longford, Tullamore. I hope we're keeping you all happy :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,213 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Fair play Orla!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Can't wait for the one in Galway! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

OK...the wait is over....Here's the updated list of planned Parcel Motel locations in the next phase. Cork city & county, Limerick, Galway, Waterford, Sligo,Wexford, Clonmel & North Tipperary, Carlow, Kilkenny, Portlaoise, Mullingar, Athlone, Ennis, Castlebar, Letterkenny, Tralee, Killarney, Cavan, Longford, Tullamore. I hope we're keeping you all happy :o

still 15-20 mins drive to my nearest one.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Hi orla can you reveal any of the new locations coming soon.

Are you allowed share the location? I'm interested in the Wexford one in particular

alanbk wrote: »
    Cheers and thanks for the reply. My cc compan(Tesco Visa) will only allow one address against your account. Pity. :(

I never did that just was told to do it,all i did was use english site and put in billing and shipping address as parcel motel hoping for it to go through.It didn't and they emailed me asking for me to confirm my name address etc,then got another email saying sorry they can't deliver to antrim address that it'll have to be my Irish address and did i want to continue or cancel.
    so i said continue but can they confirm the price and that it was still free delivery and they said yes.
    Came to my door yesterday.And now i'll look all smart in the Dole queue on wednesday.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭sandra_b

Hi Orla,

I have changed my Parcel Motel location collection point. If I order something now is it going to be sent to this new location?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭super_freddie

Thanks Orla, great news! Apologies if I've missed this buried somewhere in the thread but when is the "next phase" due to start and end i.e. when will the first and last of the above new locations be available?

super_freddie.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Masala

Orla

What are the timescales on the Kerry sites being up and running???

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

Nothing planned for Louth (Drogheda, Dundalk) etc? Cold cold cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

How long does PM usually take? It was delivered to the Antrim place at 10am yesterday morning.. I thought one overnight would have it in Dublin but nothing yet, and my account is still in full credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

mine arrived in belfast yesterday and I got it this morning. you might have it 2moro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Hi Orla,
    Can you give any clarity on the actual locations in Cork city or county?
    And when this phase is ( if known ) ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

Glad to hear this service is coming to Galway, can you let us know where it will be located in Galway?

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Glad to hear this service is coming to Galway, can you let us know where it will be located in Galway?

I can't confirm the exact location addresses but I will post them here as each one is confirmed and on our Facebook and Twitter.

sandra_b wrote: »
    Hi Orla,

I have changed my Parcel Motel location collection point. If I order something now is it going to be sent to this new location?

Yes, our system will pick up the new location when we scan your PM ID.

• Advertisement

positron wrote: »
    Nothing planned for Louth (Drogheda, Dundalk) etc? Cold cold cold!

Forgot to mention, Drogheda, Dundalk and Navan will be up and running in the next 2 weeks :D

• I can't confirm the exact location addresses but I will post them here as each one is confirmed and on our Facebook and Twitter.
    I did "like" your FB page but got sick of seeing lucky Dubs winning PS3s! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

I did "like" your FB page but got sick of seeing lucky Dubs winning PS3s! :D

Maybe these new locations might have a few ps3's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭peppa 1986

I signed up to Parcel Motel and wanted to purchase goods in UK to be delivered to Northern Ireland for onward delivery to Dublin. However the postcode was not recognised on the Asda website and they then wanted my post code for my credit card address which of course is in the south of ireland. Gave up eventually. Any one else had this problem

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

Yeah its not an unusual problem with uk sites... I normally use 6 zero's with no spacing but occasionally you get the bogey that just doesn't like it!

peppa 1986 wrote: »
    I signed up to Parcel Motel and wanted to purchase goods in UK to be delivered to Northern Ireland for onward delivery to Dublin. However the postcode was not recognised on the Asda website and they then wanted my post code for my credit card address which of course is in the south of ireland. Gave up eventually. Any one else had this problem

Peppa i used BT11AA as my billing postcode postcode.Stuff arrived yesterday

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i'm looking to order stuff of apple.co.uk

A macbook air to be precise. Will Apple ship to parcel motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

godtabh wrote: »

Yep, just PM me with your mobile number and Parcel Motel location and the PIN number they send you when it is ready for collection!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

godtabh wrote: »

Note sure that site will accept and non UK credit card though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

ucd.1985 wrote: »
    Note sure that site will accept and non UK credit card though.

ah. That could be a problem so

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement