Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Whohoooo Great to hear it's coming to Galway :D I'll be using your service on a weekly basis when it does.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi Orla

Not sure if this has been asked here before nor could I find it specifically on your website FAQ. The FAQ does mention pay-as-you-go but what happens in this scenario.

A user has run out of credit and a delivery for the user has been sent to your warehouse? Do parcelmotel notify the user to add more credit before moving the delivery on? If so is the notification email/SMS?

Thanks
    W.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Carzado

Hello there. Please I'd like to know if ASDA George makes deliveries to dublin? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Hi Orla

Not sure if this has been asked here before nor could I find it specifically on your website FAQ. The FAQ does mention pay-as-you-go but what happens in this scenario.

A user has run out of credit and a delivery for the user has been sent to your warehouse? Do parcelmotel notify the user to add more credit before moving the delivery on? If so is the notification email/SMS?

Thanks
    W.

If a pay-as-you-go customer has a zero balance on their account and a parcel arrives for them, they will receive a text message as soon as we check the parcel in. If they have opted in for email alerts, they will also receive an email. We attempt check in again before delivery and if the account is topped up, the parcel goes out for delivery. If it's not topped up, it is held for the next check-in which will again will trigger a reminder notification.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

Hi Orla,

Just small input.

I am trying to get a delivery from the UK via Royal Mail and here are two emails I've got from the seller:
    Just to let you know that I went to the post office yesterday to send your item and they said the address didn't match on their computer.
    My boss took the parcel yesterday afternoon to another post office with the print out showing the address and the lady there said 'Parcel Motel and 1A do not come up in the computer - I can send it at your own risk but I think it will be returned' so it wasn't sent again...

Is there anything you can do to fix the issue with the Royal Mail to make things easier for sellers?

• Advertisement

kucyk wrote: »
    Hi Orla,

Just small input.

I am trying to get a delivery from the UK via Royal Mail and here are two emails I've got from the seller:

Is there anything you can do to fix the issue with the Royal Mail to make things easier for sellers?

Some Post Offices are using old gazeteers and as Parcel Motel is brand new, it is not listed. However the address Parcel Motel, 1A McKinney Rd, Mallusk, Newtown Abbey, Co Antrim BT36 4PX will definitely get to us. We are already receiving hundreds of parcels a day to this address from Royal Mail as well as other carriers. Just to make you aware, as our building is on a corner, the postcode BT36 4PE will also work. Some websites address finders insist it is 4PE. Both postcodes will get to us. Hope this helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Some Post Offices are using old gazeteers and as Parcel Motel is brand new, it is not listed. However the address Parcel Motel, 1A McKinney Rd, Mallusk, Newtown Abbey, Co Antrim BT36 4PX will definitely get to us. We are already receiving hundreds of parcels a day to this address from Royal Mail as well as other carriers. Just to make you aware, as our building is on a corner, the postcode BT36 4PE will also work. Some websites address finders insist it is 4PE. Both postcodes will get to us. Hope this helps!

Isn't that the post code Amazon auto-suggests ?

After a quick search of this very thread, yes it is.
    Handy to know both would work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

godtabh wrote: »
    i'm looking to order stuff of apple.co.uk

A macbook air to be precise. Will Apple ship to parcel motel?
    Why do you not want a twice as powerful normal machine for the same money?

Or you could buy two same spec and keep one spare!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Carzado wrote: »
    Hello there. Please I'd like to know if ASDA George makes deliveries to dublin? thanks

No, but if you use the Belfast Parcel Motel address it will get to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Anyone know how long after your accounts debited do u get a text?
    I'm away from tomoro and see my account was deducted for a stay. If I'm not back til Tuesday and I don't get a text soon do I have to pick it up in finglas?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Anyone know how long after your accounts debited do u get a text?
    I'm away from tomoro and see my account was deducted for a stay. If I'm not back til Tuesday and I don't get a text soon do I have to pick it up in finglas?

You should get it tomorrow morning at 7am if all goes well. I you wait till Tuesday to collect you will have to pay another €3.50 because it went over 2 days. More info here

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

nava wrote: »
    You should get it tomorrow morning at 7am if all goes well. I you wait till Tuesday to collect you will have to pay another €3.50 because it went over 2 days. More info here

Thanks. Have to wait til I come back so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Got 2 texts from parcel motel just now. picked up my 2 packages there. not a bother. it wasnt taken from my account before 5pm 2day cos I checked, so they are working late!

Great work as always

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just ordered from amazon using the Parcel Motel address, looking forward to seeing how it works :)

GOOD GOD when is parcel motel in limerick need to order amazon kindle fire HD im dying here lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

GOOD GOD when is parcel motel in limerick need to order amazon kindle fire HD im dying here lol

They ain't out till October so they have a bit of time to come to Limerick yet ;)

Ste- wrote: »
    They ain't out till October so they have a bit of time to come to Limerick yet ;)

oh yea septemeber is usa still wanna pre-order just to stick it to apple

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Searched this thread - but no one seems to have asked the same thing:

I'd like to purchase from TESCO DIRECT online - but when I put in the Antrim PostCode, it automatically prompts me to select a pre-determined address based on the postcode, and none of them are the '1A' address quoted by Parcel Motel to use. There is a UNIT 1 address.

Also, there is no place on TESCO DIRECT for me to edit the address, if I select one, and thus even if the '1A' address was there to select, there is no where for me to put my PMID unless I put that in place of my actual name in the NAME field?

Basically, based on the above questions/issues - does this mean that TESCO DIRECT is unusable with Parcel Motel?
    Or is there some kind of workaround?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

soc wrote: »
    Searched this thread - but no one seems to have asked the same thing:

I'd like to purchase from TESCO DIRECT online - but when I put in the Antrim PostCode, it automatically prompts me to select a pre-determined address based on the postcode, and none of them are the '1A' address quoted by Parcel Motel to use. There is a UNIT 1 address.

Also, there is no place on TESCO DIRECT for me to edit the address, if I select one, and thus even if the '1A' address was there to select, there is no where for me to put my PMID unless I put that in place of my actual name in the NAME field?

Basically, based on the above questions/issues - does this mean that TESCO DIRECT is unusable with Parcel Motel?
    Or is there some kind of workaround?

Manually input the address works with tesco direct.
    so put your name and the post code
    it might come up with some of the other places in that postcode, select manually input my address and voila.

daytob wrote: »
    Manually input the address works with tesco direct.
    so put your name and the post code
    it might come up with some of the other places in that postcode, select manually input my address and voila.

That's my point - they don't allow manual inputting of addresses, which you can see in attached screenshots.

I've done some googling, and it seems that Tesco doesn't recognise BUSINESS addresses - they only deliver to Houses. I assume no one has a workaround for this for Parcel Motel? :confused:

Oh well... :(

• Advertisement

That's my point - they don't allow manual inputting of addresses, which you can see in attached screenshots.

I've done some googling, and it seems that Tesco doesn't recognise BUSINESS addresses - they only deliver to Houses. I assume no one has a workaround for this for Parcel Motel? :confused:

Oh well... :(

Try the postcode BT36 4PE. In first name put your full name (forename and surname). In surname put Parcel Motel PM1235 (your PM No.). Main address will come up as 1A McKinney Rd. Put Parcel Motel as the address nickname. This should work!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

Hi Orla

How Would I go about getting an iPhone 5 shipped to you and then down to the parcel motel in Clare hall on the malaise road in dublin ?

Try the postcode BT36 4PE. In first name put your full name (forename and surname). In surname put Parcel Motel PM1235 (your PM No.). Main address will come up as 1A McKinney Rd. Put Parcel Motel as the address nickname. This should work!

Orla that worked like a CHARM! Thank you :D

Orla that worked like a CHARM! Thank you :D

Phew! Glad to hear it. Happy shopping :)

Hi Orla

How Would I go about getting an iPhone 5 shipped to you and then down to the parcel motel in Clare hall on the malaise road in dublin ?

Register with Parcel Motel and choose the Balgriffin motel. Buy your iPhone 5 and get it shipped to either our Dublin or Belfast address. We'll then put it into the motel for you. Watch our How-it-works video for more info.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjahAXCWG8E

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Smc30

Hi Orla,
    I used parcel motel for the first time this week but stupidly left out my PMID when entering the delivery address on the site. I contacted the company I was buying from (on Sunday) but they said it was too late to make a change. I used the 'contact us' form on the Parcel motel website (Also on Sunday) but received no reply. On Tuesday I rang the office, I was told the relevant person was busy but my phone number was taken and I was told I would be called back. I've still heard nothing and I'm guessing my parcel has reached the depot in Antrim by now. Could you offer any advice?

Smc30 wrote: »
    Hi Orla,
    I used parcel motel for the first time this week but stupidly left out my PMID when entering the delivery address on the site. I contacted the company I was buying from (on Sunday) but they said it was too late to make a change. I used the 'contact us' form on the Parcel motel website (Also on Sunday) but received no reply. On Tuesday I rang the office, I was told the relevant person was busy but my phone number was taken and I was told I would be called back. I've still heard nothing and I'm guessing my parcel has reached the depot in Antrim by now. Could you offer any advice?

Sorry that nobody called you back. Please PM me your PMID and I'll check it first thing in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Sorry that nobody called you back. Please PM me your PMID and I'll check it first thing in the morning.

Orla you've been very helpful here so far but it's quite late. Get your hard working self off to bed! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭ondafly

Used Parcel Motel for the first time last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Hi Orla,

Why is BT36 4PX listed on the Parcel Motel website as the post code to use? I've run into the same issue as soc before and had to give up as there was no suitable option to choose from in the listed addresses.

Should BT36 4PX be replaced with BT36 4PE on your website?

Great service BTW ;)

Q

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement