Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I just used the contact form on the website and got a mail the next day saying she completed the verification process for me from the office and gave me my new PMID in the email :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

jamescd wrote: »
    No it's my 1st and only account

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to change the phone number on the site ? Thinking of using my parent's/sister's phone number for the registration/verification process and then changing it afterwards to my own number. Wouldn't want the PIN getting sent to their phones everytime I order
    Please PM me your PMID and I will fix this for you.

Thanks for sorting it out :)

Also thanks for the €10.50 balance, 3 free deliveries.....sweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Please PM me your PMID and I will check this for you.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭howardmarks

Here's the full address.
    Dorden Texaco Merrion Gates
    290 Merrion Road, Elm Park, D4, Dublin
    Route: R118

Please update the map on the site asap. Its nearly 4km off. The amount of time ive wasted looking for this is rediculous!

coordinates 53.311941,-6.201347 (Bellevue Court, Leinster, DUBLIN4, Ireland)

On a plus side the service/concept itself is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Explains why i wasted nearly an hour today looking for a fictional place:)
    Might have better luck tomoro with the right address.
    2km is some way off tho. The site should be updated to reflect the true coordinates.

Wow just put it into google. Thats some error. An some walk tomoro!!

Apologies for the error, the map is correct now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Collected my next over sized parcel from Finglas :)

Orla - got my parcel that I was asking about few days back. Thanks

Just to add it was an expensive parcel. I was feeling quite nervous about it but not anymore. Everything worked out well. Quite confident now and will be using this service without any worries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Just to add it was an expensive parcel. I was feeling quite nervous about it but not anymore. Everything worked out well. Quite confident now and will be using this service without any worries.

That's great! Thanks for letting us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

First time using today, was so handy and quick. Meant I got free delivery from UK, woke up to the text this morning. Mate who drove me to it was impressed, can't fault the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I buy everything online(cant stand real life shopping) and there's a collection point round the corner in milltown(at the Eurospar), must give you guys a try :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I ran out of credit the other day when a parcel arrived. I got a text, topped up my account and had the parcel delivered the next day no problems. Awesome service.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Orla can you help me out here im in sligo and as of yet your service does not stretch to us i have been told i can use your service but that after the items arriving belfast they go into the Nightline system and there is an added cost which im fine about.how do i go about finding out these additonal costs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

any chance to choose the time the text alerts are delivered?
    I have no problem with 7am, but my wife does :-)
    also, she seem to be receiving emails with pins and I don't, can I opt in to that? (checked my spam folder and isn't there either)

may I also suggest to have an option to log in to the site and get a button to get the text with the pin resent in case of deleting it by mistake and having to contact you directly? thanks Orla for dealing with that so quickly!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Selling a few bits and bobs on adverts.ie and it got me thinking, I wonder would it be feasible at some point in the future to have a parcel drop off option? For a charge of course...

e.g. I sell an item to another parcel motel user, I go to my local motel and type in the buyers PM ID, drop off parcel and its then moved over to their local motel for pick up. Price of registered post with An Post is a bit of a joke and it would be a handy way of secure delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Dutchy

Just collected my kindle from the Parcel Motel, Hanover Quay. All went well - very impressed. I have one question - I noticed that there's not much room in those lockers that store the product. What happens if you order something and it's too big for said locker? Say, if you're ordering something from Amazon, the product ordered may be relatively small but (from previous experience), Amazon put said small product inside a bloomin' great big box and because of this, it's now too big for the locker. Do you get a call? I take it there's an added expense? Sorry if this issue have been covered previously...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Dutchy wrote: »
    Just collected my kindle from the Parcel Motel, Hanover Quay. All went well - very impressed. I have one question - I noticed that there's not much room in those lockers that store the product. What happens if you order something and it's too big for said locker? Say, if you're ordering something from Amazon, the product ordered may be relatively small but (from previous experience, Amazon put said small product inside a bloomin' great big box and because of this, it's now too big for the locker. Do you get a call? I take it there's an added expense? Sorry if this issue have been covered previously...

Covered on their FAQ. The item will stay at their depot out in Finglas for collection.

Covered on their FAQ. The item will stay at their depot out in Finglas for collection.

Or you can pay €10.50 to be delivered to your home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

coldfire1x wrote: »
    Or you can pay €10.50 to be delivered to your home.

Is that €10.50 on top of the €3.50? So making it €14 to get an order delivered to your house using a uk address? could be an option for expensive purchases for those of us with no parcel motel nearby yet, as probably cheapest way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

Quick question for anyone that has added the Parcel Motel address to their Paypal accounts. When i try to add mine it automatically adds Ireland to the bottom of the address after the BT36 4PX part. Is this the same for everyone and will it deliver ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

markc1184 wrote: »
    Quick question for anyone that has added the Parcel Motel address to their Paypal accounts. When i try to add mine it automatically adds Ireland to the bottom of the address after the BT36 4PX part. Is this the same for everyone and will it deliver ok?

I left my paypal untouched, just added a new address to amazon, ebay, etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

got my jersey from online store today and collecting another book from amazon :D

this is a great service :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

markc1184 wrote: »

I had the same issue - there's no way around it. As said above add PM address to ebay.

For PayPal purchases made from other stores, it'd be a a bit of a risk to put parcel motel address on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,109 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Dutchy wrote: »
    Just collected my kindle from the Parcel Motel, Hanover Quay. All went well - very impressed. I have one question - I noticed that there's not much room in those lockers that store the product. What happens if you order something and it's too big for said locker? Say, if you're ordering something from Amazon, the product ordered may be relatively small but (from previous experience), Amazon put said small product inside a bloomin' great big box and because of this, it's now too big for the locker. Do you get a call? I take it there's an added expense? Sorry if this issue have been covered previously...
    From the pics/videos I've seen, they have different size lockers at each motel. There is a max size listed on the website.

Your kindle was probably in the smallest locker....

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Whats everyone ordering???

Is that €10.50 on top of the €3.50? So making it €14 to get an order delivered to your house using a uk address? could be an option for expensive purchases for those of us with no parcel motel nearby yet, as probably cheapest way!

I think it's only €10.50 in total. Maybe Orla can clarify.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Picked up my first delivery today - worked beautifully. The first one being free meant I saved £4 that I'd otherwise have had to pay to ship from UK to Ireland.

A great concept - I've mentioned it to others as well to make them aware of it.

One quick thing though: I got an e-mail about it at midnight last night. I'm assuming that that night was the "first" night in the motel? Are parcels actually delivered very late at night?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,224 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

ixoy wrote: »
    Picked up my first delivery today - worked beautifully. The first one being free meant I saved £4 that I'd otherwise have had to pay to ship from UK to Ireland.

A great concept - I've mentioned it to others as well to make them aware of it.

One quick thing though: I got an e-mail about it at midnight last night. I'm assuming that that night was the "first" night in the motel? Are parcels actually delivered very late at night?

Yup was same as myself. Think its mentioned on site that they get put in at night. That and they called nightline

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Mushy wrote: »
    Yup was same as myself. Think its mentioned on site that they get put in at night. That and they called nightline
    Which is fine and all but it means you're only getting one evening to collect it unless you pick it up after midnight.

How late then is the stay on the second night? At what point can you collect it?
    If it arrives say 11:59 on a Tuesday, is the stay until 11:59 on a Thursday (two nights)? Or is it by an earlier "checkout" time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

ixoy wrote: »
    Which is fine and all but it means you're only getting one evening to collect it unless you pick it up after midnight.

How late then is the stay on the second night? At what point can you collect it?
    If it arrives say 11:59 on a Tuesday, is the stay until 11:59 on a Thursday (two nights)? Or is it by an earlier "checkout" time?

You get two days to collect, if you still don't collect within the 2 days you then get charged another 3.50 for another 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭qwas75

Ordered from Amazon this Monday with delivery to NI address, order was shipped on Tuesday afternoon, so I was expecting delivery to my Parcel Motel around Tuesday or Wednesday next week. But got text message from them tonight, saying that my order ready for collection.
    NICE!:D

Handy for shipping items that Amazon don't ship to Ireland too eg. Perfumes, Eau de Toilette
    Actually no they don't ship to NI either!

Take a look at this site , I've ordered from them before. They deliver worldwide free of charge. Very impressive choice of perfumes, fragrances EDT's, etc. Plus very good prices! ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement