Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

eamonnq wrote: »
    You get two days to collect, if you still don't collect within the 2 days you then get charged another 3.50 for another 2 days.
    Ah but 2 days from what time? 2 days being 48 hours? The reason I ask is that say I got that text on Tuesday at 11:59pm. Now I'm not available Wednesday evening so the next time for me is Thursday evening. If I go along on Thursday evening at 8pm, will I still be within this 2 day window?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭qwas75

ixoy wrote: »
    Ah but 2 days from what time? 2 days being 48 hours? The reason I ask is that say I got that text on Tuesday at 11:59pm. Now I'm not available Wednesday evening so the next time for me is Thursday evening. If I go along on Thursday evening at 8pm, will I still be within this 2 day window?

ParcelMotel is opened 24/7, so you can collect your items even at night.
    In case you can't :
    Expired Stays - Parcels which have not been collected within 48 hours
    If your parcel stays at the Parcel Motel for longer than 48 hours, we will collect it and bring it back to the Nightline Depot in Finglas. We will notify you and ask you to chose one of the following options:
    • Return
      to a Parcel Motel of your choice
    You will be charged €3.50 for a second stay
    • Pickup at Nightline Depot Finglas by you, or a third party courier*
    *the courier must have your name and PMID in order to collect your parcel.
    This is covered by the initial €3.50 Parcel Motel charge
    • Delivery to an alternative address
    -
    Any address in Ireland including Northern Ireland.
    A supplement of €10.50 in addition to the €3.50 Parcel Motel charge, so €14.00 in total per parcel.
    For example, if your parcel is delivered at 7am on a Monday, and you have not collected it by 7am on the Wednesday, plus you have chosen to have the parcel put back into the motel, on the Thursday, you will be charged a further €3.50 in addition to the €3.50 you paid for the initial stay, so €7.00 in total.
    If you have any questions or queries about our prices and charges, please contact us at customerservice@parcelmotel.com or 1890 24 17 17 and we’ll be happy to help you!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭coroner29

qwas75 wrote: »
    ParcelMotel is opened 24/7, so you can collect your items even at night.
    In case you can't :

I think the question was whether 2 days from Tuesday 11:59pm are counted like days from the date of arrival (so Tuesday & Wednesday) or as 48 hours (so Tuesday 11:59pm + 48hours = Thursday 11:59pm).
    Personally I think it is the second one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

coroner29 wrote: »
    I think the question was whether 2 days from Tuesday 11:59pm are counted like days from the date of arrival (so Tuesday & Wednesday) or as 48 hours (so Tuesday 11:59pm + 48hours = Thursday 11:59pm).
    Personally I think it is the second one.

We allow 2 days from the time we send the text. We don't like to text people during the night in case we wake you up ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭guessaname

My oversized item was delivered to NI parcel motel by amazon yesterday and the item is in dublin finglas today. just went there and collected the item..great service by parcel motel..very fast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭mdfire

Sounds like a great service. Im always ordering stuff and having it sent to relations in the north but im relying on them being in too.

Is there one of these coming to Dundalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭ooter

Ordered a book off amazon last Saturday night and collected it in Dublin on Wednesday,great service.

mdfire wrote: »
    Sounds like a great service. Im always ordering stuff and having it sent to relations in the north but im relying on them being in too.

Is there one of these coming to Dundalk?

There sure is! Should be up and running within the next month. Your relations will be pleased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Collected my first Parcel today. Great service. Will use again

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭IrishPhoenix

Hi Orla

When is the Waterford depot scheduled to open? Will it be in time for Christmas?

• Advertisement

Hi Orla

When is the Waterford depot scheduled to open? Will it be in time for Christmas?

It will be before the end of November so in plenty of time of the Christmas shopping. Only 92 shopping days left....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Want to start using this but a bit hesitant about accidentally ordering an oversized item (shops generally give item dimensions but not packaging dimensions) as the dimensional weight calculation is almost double pretty much every other courier/delivery company.

The volumetric weight of the maximum size allowed (64x41x38) is 33kg which doesn't really make sense.

FWIW:
    UPS International shipments: LxWxH / 5000
    DHL Express: LxWxH / 5000
    DPD: LxWxH / 5000
    Fastway: LxWxH / 6000
    FedEx EMEA: LxWxH / 5000
    AnPost: LxWxH / 6000
    Parcel Zone: LxWxH / 5000

Nightline/Parcel Motel: LxWxH / 3000

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Hi Orla..

Had a package delivered and received at PM in Antrim, I noticed on the shipping address that my PM number wasnt on the docket

Will this be a problem?

It was signed by a PM rep on Friday @ 10.15

Cheers

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Hi Orla..

Had a package delivered and received at PM in Antrim, I noticed on the shipping address that my PM number wasnt on the docket

Will this be a problem?

It was signed by a PM rep on Friday @ 10.15

Cheers

If the PMID and Name are not on it, it will be held for query and this may cuase delay. It's really important to have both the name and the PMID on your address so that the parcel automatically moves through our check in system. If the name is absent or doesn't match the registered name, the system will not process it so it needs human intervention. If you haven't got it by now, it means it has been delayed so please PM me your PMID and I will check first thing on Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭keredern

If the PMID and Name are not on it, it will be held for query and this may cuase delay. It's really important to have both the name and the PMID on your address so that the parcel automatically moves through our check in system. If the name is absent or doesn't match the registered name, the system will not process it so it needs human intervention. If you haven't got it by now, it means it has been delayed so please PM me your PMID and I will check first thing on Monday morning.

Gotta hand it to you Orla...you are sure on the ball!:)

9.49 on a Saturday night!!! :eek:

I really hope your bosses are taking note of your commitment!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

Wexford and Carlow are in the same phase as Limerick so all I can tell you right now, is that it will be in the next 2 months. In plenty of time for the Christmas shopping. Only 70 shopping days left 'til Christmas!
    It will be before the end of November so in plenty of time of the Christmas shopping. Only 92 shopping days left....
    :pac:

I hope santies calendar isin't broke!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

PM sent...thanks

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭nc6000

This is a great service, well done. I picked up my second delivery yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭bee_dix

Sorry if this has already been asked, but can you use this for ebay? uk free deliverys, can you just change your paypal address to the parcel motel uk address?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

bee_dix wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but can you use this for ebay? uk free deliverys, can you just change your paypal address to the parcel motel uk address?

You cannot add an address in another country to the Irish paypal account. You can create a Paypal account in UK to use with the PM address, you cannot have same credit card in 2 accounts at the same time.
    nava wrote: »
    Just managed to add my Irish AIB visa credit card to an UK Paypal account using the ParcelMotel address :) also added the UK address to my ebay account, selected as shipping address and bought an item in ebay listed a UK only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

bee_dix wrote: »

Go into My ebay - Account - Addresses - view all postal Addresses - add a new address.

No need to amend anything on PayPal, just choose Parcel Motel as your primary address through ebay & you can then change it back to an Irish address if and when necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭bee_dix

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Go into My ebay - Account - Addresses - view all postal Addresses - add a new address.

No need to amend anything on PayPal, just choose Parcel Motel as your primary address through ebay & you can then change it back to an Irish address if and when necessary.

Great thanks for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Will this raise any security flags? (i.e. if I buy off amazon with a Irish debit card, and sent it to the NI parcel motel address) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭stanley1

no issues with doing that, I have used that method a few times with no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭meolwan

I got my 1st delivery this week. All I have to say like other here it is a great service :) just hope you expand it to other areas in dublin like balbriggan or skerries soon.
    PS
    How are people getting the mugs etc ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭N64

Just wanted to confirm that this is the correct format for amazon?

n1NrC.png

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

N64 wrote: »
    Just wanted to confirm that this is the correct format for amazon?

n1NrC.png

Thanks!
    Seriously ?

It's on their website

http://parcelmotel.web20.redantdev.com/_assets/images/Amazon-Addresses.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

Any plans for a Cork motel?

Looks like a great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭a_v525

Just to let you guys know, the Parcel Motel depot in Finglas is NOT open 24 hours on Monday as I was told via text message ("Open 24hrs Mon-Fri, 8am-1pm Sat, Closed Sun").

I would have assumed 24hours is 00:01-23:59 and silly me, wasted a journey heading up there from Kildare just now. With the toll it would have been cheaper for me to redeliver the item to begin with rather than now having to make a second trip. Only consolation is it was one of my free drops but still...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭konline

Thegarlad wrote: »
    Ordered from ASDA direct and got my delivery to my Parcel Motel in Ashbourne....great service

Sorry for the offline discussion. I tried to order to from ASDA direct to Parcel Motel using a Irish registered address credit card but my order was cancelled. Does anyone know how we do this? Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement