Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Be careful with amazon if it's much trouble to get to finglas for oversized parcels.

They seem to ship in boxes that are way too big. I ordered a messenger bag and you could have gotten six of them in the box they sent. Had to go and collect it. The same with cases for my laptop.

• Is it now possible to order electronics and basically the good stuff from Play.com using Parcel Motel? Anybody tried? I can't as it's not in Limerick yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭stanley1

I think customs charges still apply as electronics come from Jersey which is not EU.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

stanley1 wrote: »
    I think customs charges still apply as electronics come from Jersey which is not EU.

Not sure, But as the delivery address in UK do you still have to pay UK customs?

Strange collected a parcel today but only got text at 7am but no email? the parcels I collected before got both. Anyone else with same issue? just worried I don't get txt either and will charge for no collecting the parcel within the 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

nava wrote: »
    Strange collected a parcel today but only got text at 7am but no email? the parcels I collected before got both. Anyone else with same issue? just worried I don't get txt either and will charge for no collecting the parcel within the 2 days.

You can log into the website and check your credit.
    And deduce that way if it has been deducted from your balance it's in the motel.

Ste- wrote: »
    You can log into the website and check your credit.
    And deduce that way if it has been deducted from your balance it's in the motel.

Thanks Ste I know that but still need the pin to pick-up the parcel, I suppose I could send a mail to them and ask for the pin if I don't get it and I see is been debited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Iv never gotten an email.

Some people have opted out of email notifications and that's why you didn't receive emails. If you would like to receive email notification as well as text, please PM me your PM ID and I will make sure email notification is switched on.

Hi

I never change any setting and on my other delivery I got both, if I PM you my PM id can you activate both for me please.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Parcel Motel: Orla

Hi

I never change any setting and on my other delivery I got both, if I PM you my PM id can you activate both for me please.

Thanks

Will do Nava

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭alanbk

Just used Parcel motel for my MandMdirect order,I used the English site and paid in pounds,English site had buy 2 for £14 where as the Irish site didn't .

how did u pay in pounds. my cc wont work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

So how does this work?

If i want to get something that only delivers to the UK, do i send it to a UK box or N.Ireland box and then they send it to your nearest location.

Or do i have to say drive to belfast to collect from the box??

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    So how does this work?

If i want to get something that only delivers to the UK, do i send it to a UK box or N.Ireland box and then they send it to your nearest location.

You select the UK address once it arrives in their warehouse they forward to your chosen Parcel Motel location. you should be able to collect it next working morning after it arrives in North address.

You select the UK address once it arrives in their warehouse they forward to your chosen Parcel Motel location. you should be able to collect it next working morning after it arrives in North address.

ok so when i fill in my name and address on the shopping site do i put mmy name in or just the ID and parcel motel as first and last name?

So how does this work?

Or do i have to say drive to belfast to collect from the box??

Have a look at our "How It Works Video" here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjahAXCWG8E
    or go to our site https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/

Have a look at our "How It Works Video" here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjahAXCWG8E
    or go to our site https://www.parcelmotel.com/how-it-works/

Thank You, One right beside my house too :) can see it from my window. Ok back to ordering some goods :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

alanbk wrote: »
    how did u pay in pounds. my cc wont work ?

ring credit card company and add parcel motel address as a billing address

is parcel motel in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭fiacha

ok so when i fill in my name and address on the shopping site do i put mmy name in or just the ID and parcel motel as first and last name?

Read the instructions on the Parcel Motel site. All the info you need is there.

is parcel motel in limerick

Not yet, but coming soon in the next 2 months :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, I haven't followed the whole thread: Has there been any talk of offering the "shipment to UK address" element without the lockboxes? I don't have any issue with having parcels delivered, but the UK address element would be very useful.

Good Thing about parcel motel is it gives me a reason to leave the house,lol,don't think i've been out as much as i have in the last few weeks collecting my parcels ,than i have done since i been out of work.

Parcel motel not only delivers parcels.

What a boring life i lead ,lol :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

We're currently finalising the list of locations so I'll be able to post it here and on Facebook on Monday. But Cork, Limerick, Waterford, Sligo are all in the mix.

What became of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Good Thing about parcel motel is it gives me a reason to leave the house,lol,don't think i've been out as much as i have in the last few weeks collecting my parcels ,than i have done since i been out of work.

Parcel motel not only delivers parcels.

What a boring life i lead ,lol :D

I am more impressed that despite being out of work you are still able to order plenty of parcels off the internet?

Well for some ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

cue two pages of dole bashing...o gawd!

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭annie.t

Just collected my first one.
    This is simply great!

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

cue two pages of dole bashing...o gawd!

Ah I was just kidding.

Lets keep it on topic.

Parcel Motel rocks. Think I passed 4 different locations yesterday evening alone.

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    I am more impressed that despite being out of work you are still able to order plenty of parcels off the internet?

Well for some ;-)

Ah its all the drugs i'm transporting through Antrim keeping me going.:D lol also the human trafficking.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭gomara

Ah its all the drugs i'm transporting through Antrim keeping me going.:D lol also the human trafficking.

Yeah but having to collect the humans in Finglas is a pain, if only they packed them smaller.....:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

Got another parcel today and my text messages came back on.

:D

oh and for anyone wondering, I got a parcel from china, value less then £20stg through and it arrived perfectly. these same parcels get stopped by customs here.
    Ill keep using parcel motel

Cheers Orla and all there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement