Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm in Waterford!

I'd say you'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Thanks very much for the advice folks, you've been a great help.

Placed my order so fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

Can my parcel stay as long as I have funds in my account?

Just had €3.50 deducted so that means I can collect tomorrow.

But I may not get a chance to get into town. Appartently another stormy day.

Would I get deducted another €3.50 if I leave it until Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

One stay equals one parcel in a motel for 2 nights (48 hours) if your parcel stays more than 48 hours, we will remove your parcel and return it to our depot to make room for other parcels. This can lead to a delay of up to 48 hours before we can send your parcel out again and you will be charged€3.50 again for the second stay.

^^^^from the parcel motel website FAQ's..........:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    One stay equals one parcel in a motel for 2 nights (48 hours) if your parcel stays more than 48 hours, we will remove your parcel and return it to our depot to make room for other parcels. This can lead to a delay of up to 48 hours before we can send your parcel out again and you will be charged€3.50 again for the second stay.

^^^^from the parcel motel website FAQ's..........:rolleyes:

So basically its fine until saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Should be fine. They normally drop stuff at parcel motel around 5/6 am, so you should be Ok until Sunday morning at 5 am.....being a sunday you're probably Ok until early monday morning.
    But definitely OK to collect on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭gearoidol

first time using parcel motel,my package arrived in parcel motel depot today and the status says checked in,when will the next update be,the tacking number says no info available and similar if i check it on the nightline website.Will this update tonight if the package will be delivered to cork tomorrow and will there be no update till 5/6 am

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

gearoidol wrote: »
    first time using parcel motel,my package arrived in parcel motel depot today and the status says checked in,when will the next update be,the tacking number says no info available and similar if i check it on the nightline website.Will this update tonight if the package will be delivered to cork tomorrow and will there be no update till 5/6 am

they should update to say its "in transit" and then final one will be "available"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

In most cases you should see some updates on the same day it was checked in, you can see the updates by clicking on the tracking number.

they should update to say its "in transit" and then final one will be "available"

Would that be tonight ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

Would that be tonight ?

It generally would be in transit from about 4/5am and then get a text/email when it is deposited in the parcel motel at about 7/8 am or so. This has been my experience in the past week or so for the Mahon point parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭tippgirl123

Order two items from Amazon both due to come by at least Monday this week. i Got one the 13th of Dec and no sign of other one. I am in tipperary and got them to be sent to antrim parcel motel. Is there any way of checking if it has come up there? i contacted the seller and he has posted the stuff and i should of got it the same day as the other delivery. He said to contact the Local royal mail collection office. Does anyone know what one it is or have a contact number as im from tipperary and havnt a clue, which would be the local one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I got my first Amazon order yesterday and the second today, the other issues with ParcelMotel I was having I am regarding as purely a fluke, they've redeemed themselves in my books!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

There's definitely some delays going on

I had 2 parcels delivered this morning according to tracking info. One was checked in at 1pm and the other 6pm.. strange. Didn't get any email or text message either.

spix wrote: »

I had 2 parcels delivered this morning according to tracking info. One was checked in at 1pm and the other 6pm.. strange. Didn't get any email or text message either.

Do you mean delivered to the main sorting depot and the status is still showing as checked in , with no other updates ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I really think it depends on your locker location, and how busy it is. Mine is in East Cork and I have never experienced any delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

posted on facebook:
    Parcel Motel
    Good morning. Unfortunately we're experiencing some software issues here this morning in the Parcel Motel HQ that is having an effect on our phone lines and systems and impacting their performance. Our IT Engineers are working on this issue and trying to resolve it ASAP. In the meantime if anyone has any urgent outstanding issues, please contact us here or on Twitter.

I really think it depends on your locker location, and how busy it is. Mine is in East Cork and I have never experienced any delay.

How long does it normally take for a parcel to reach your locker once its checked in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

How long does it normally take for a parcel to reach your locker once its checked in?

I get the text/email notification at ~7am the next morning every time. The current parcel is my 23rd.

Generally when an item's InTransit in arrives at the motel at around 5 or 6 in the morning. Has been like that for me anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Anybody else having problems logging into PM website? Clicking the 'log in' button does nothing for me!

degsie wrote: »
    Anybody else having problems logging into PM website? Clicking the 'log in' button does nothing for me!

same problem here

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

same problem here

Looks like they are having IT issues.

From a PM they sent me on Facebook regarding their website:
    "Hi Alan, our systems are having some problems today so this could be error."
    Theyre having technical issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hmm my parcel was supposedly delivered to them yesterday at around half 5 but there's been no updates on their site at all, should I be concerned?

xtal191 wrote: »
    Hmm my parcel was supposedly delivered to them yesterday at around half 5 but there's been no updates on their site at all, should I be concerned?

Might mean its missing either your name or parcel motel ID..or just a delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

Might mean its missing either your name or parcel motel ID..or just a delay.

Hmm its from amazon, they've never mad a mistake with the address before.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

xtal191 wrote: »

It's probably just delayed due to the volume of parcels they have & their IT problems probably means they might not be able to update accounts as to when parcels are received in the depot. In the past week or so I've noticed it is taking up to 2 days to get a parcel updated on your account from when they signed for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

suds1984 wrote: »
    It's probably just delayed due to the volume of parcels they have & their IT problems probably means they might not be able to update accounts as to when parcels are received in the depot. In the past week or so I've noticed it is taking up to 2 days to get a parcel updated on your account from when they signed for it.

Is it really taking up to 2 days for them to check things in? I had something signed for this morning in Antrim but hasn't been checked in yet, was hoping I would get it before Xmas.

• Advertisement

Toxica wrote: »
    Is it really taking up to 2 days for them to check things in? I had something signed for this morning in Antrim but hasn't been checked in yet, was hoping I would get it before Xmas.

They say on their website that things delivered to them before 12pm on Saturday will be in the lockers before xmas. Better be true as I'm still waiting for 2 of my parcels to show up as checked in.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement