Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

I shouldn't post when I've been drinking the liability amount and link stares you in the face when you login :o

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Irishgirl12345

I ordered a game via PM got two texts with codes today? It's not something that would be in two parts I don't think? If one lockers empty am I charged for the stay anyways?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I ordered a game via PM got two texts with codes today? It's not something that would be in two parts I don't think? If one lockers empty am I charged for the stay anyways?
    You can log in to you PM account online and see a photo of what is in each locker.

Or if you check, and one is empty, you could ring them afterwards and explain it to them.

Thanks didn't know that! they look like the exact same photo though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Thanks didn't know that! they look like the exact same photo though!!

Careful as I got someone else's package a few weeks back I rang their customer service and left the package in the locker they had taken the fee but they credited it back to my parcelmotel account

• Advertisement

Are they both addressed to you? Can you see?

You'll have to go check. Maybe they made a mistake and put it only one. You may have to check both and ring them afterwards anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

I had that happen me last week. Turned out one of the codes was invalid so only one code worked and only one locker opened. Was only charged for that package thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,044 ✭✭✭Tow

I have also had the same packet scanned in by them a couple of minutes apart and double charged. Buy they spotted it them selves a few hours later and was automatically refunded.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Ok so there was two both address to me.. In two separate lockers.. I only ordered and paid for one though!! Delivery docket in each has the same order number!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Ok so there was two both address to me.. In two separate lockers.. I only ordered and paid for one though!! Delivery docket in each has the same order number!!

Sounds like you got a freebie then! Apart from the PM cost :(

• Advertisement

Sell one on Adverts :)(As long as it;s worth more than €3.50)

Or tell the Company and they may refund the €3.50 and postage back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Anyone else had a refund from them recently or in general for a lost package? How long did it take?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

The item thay has been in the Depot since the 11th began to move this morning but now it says it's delivered and with the customer even though I didn't receive any text or email with the pin. Anyone got a number I can ring?

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

The item thay has been in the Depot since the 11th began to move this morning but now it says it's delivered and with the customer even though I didn't receive any text or email with the pin. Anyone got a number I can ring?

Regular phone: 01 8835400
    LoCall: 1890 24 17 17

Nightline: 1890 321 890

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Do they text you when its in transit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭moonboy52

PinkFly wrote: »

You are notified when the parcel is in the Motel.

PinkFly wrote: »

What they're saying is that they think it was too big so it was left inside the Topaz, it's dog booties so I domt know how it's too big, it was signed for by a member of Topaz which is why it says it is with the customer. Waiting for a callback from both ParcelMotel & Topaz Carlow now.

Received no text or email, apparently what happened was the driver tried to put the item in the locker, close the door, it wouldn't close so he had to take it out causing the automated system to think I had collected it which is why no email or text was sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭Chriscl1

royal mail delivered my parcel (presents from family members) to NI depot last thursday, got a text this evening saying my oversize parcel is ready for collection in finglas, pity they couldnt have told me it was oversized before today so i could have topped up the account and had it sent straight here, no chance of me getting up there in the next few days :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭jersey101

Hi lads and ladies looking for a bit of help. Im buying a phone off Amazon and im using parcel motel, is your first time using it free or what's the craic? I only set it up friday night and it had 3.95 in the parcel motel acc, now it tells me I've to put money in the acc

• Advertisement

Now I have to go to Topaz tomorrow and see do they have my parcel in there somewhere... Still waiting on the 2 callbacks as well :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭seanin4711

I got notification from parcel motel for an item unsure if I was expecting anything,went down got it and opened it.
    Now here's the funny part,never ordered item but my name and pmid were on package.
    Very confused could there be identity theft going on?
    Thanks
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

seanin4711 wrote: »
    I got notification from parcel motel for an item unsure if I was expecting anything,went down got it and opened it.
    Now here's the funny part,never ordered item but my name and pmid were on package.
    Thanks
    John

Don't open the package and get in touch with Parcel Motel immediately.
    I had the exact same happen to me with a package delivered to me mistakenly.
    I opened it and wished it had never as the hassle it caused begs belief.

Package was for another person with same name with no PMID on package. Parcel Motel looked up their database and assumed it was for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭seanin4711

ongarite wrote: »

Package was for another person with same name with no PMID on package. Parcel Motel looked up their database and assumed it was for me.

Had to open it to see if it was indeed mine,but no.
    Rang them straight away and they said they couldn't trace it,said to contact their depot.
    Didn't have a chance today.
    What sort of crap is this???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

ongarite wrote: »

Something similar happened to me except it was the vendor (an Amazon merchant) who did the packaging, put my ipad cover in with two tv wall brackets because the person "lived at the same house number and postcode". In fairness Parcel Motel refunded my €7 and were very helpful. The Amazon merchant...well that's in dispute.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭mrsbouquet

Wondering if anyone can help me please.I am registered with parcelmotel.
    I want to register with next.uk as I want to order a dress that is sold out on the irish site. When I try to register it looks for a phone number and will not accept irish number.Is there any way around this please. Any advice much appreciated.:rolleyes:

mrsbouquet wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone can help me please.I am registered with parcelmotel.
    I want to register with next.uk as I want to order a dress that is sold out on the irish site. When I try to register it looks for a phone number and will not accept irish number.Is there any way around this please. Any advice much appreciated.:rolleyes:

I have in the past entered the Parcel Motel (Nightline) UK number.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Posts split out and moved to the Parcel Motel thread in Online Buying & Auctions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Received no text or email, apparently what happened was the driver tried to put the item in the locker, close the door, it wouldn't close so he had to take it out causing the automated system to think I had collected it which is why no email or text was sent.

Did you get it in the end?

The whole thing seems to be a shambles at the moment, can't believe theres no notice on the site that there is an enormous backlog in most of the dublin motels and a couple of days processing delays. The lads in newtownabbey seem to been much better at sorting shame they didn't just expand there.

• Advertisement

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Thanks
    John

Log in and see what it looks like in the picture. If it looks like an envelope, chances are it's spam follow up from whichever company you have purchased from in the past.
    Don't collect it and PM will dispose of it. Or ring them and let them know.

EDIT - Didn't realise you had opened it.

PM may have made a mistake in Belfast or Finglas when they were retagging the parcels.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement