Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

mrsbouquet wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone can help me please.I am registered with parcelmotel.
    I want to register with next.uk as I want to order a dress that is sold out on the irish site. When I try to register it looks for a phone number and will not accept irish number.Is there any way around this please. Any advice much appreciated.:rolleyes:

Theyl never contact you so no real need for it. Either put parcel motels contact number or your own mobile num but add a 7 as second digit..so if your number is 086 1234567, the one for next site will be 078 61234567

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

mrsbouquet wrote: »
    Wondering if anyone can help me please.I am registered with parcelmotel.
    I want to register with next.uk as I want to order a dress that is sold out on the irish site. When I try to register it looks for a phone number and will not accept irish number.Is there any way around this please. Any advice much appreciated.:rolleyes:

Let me know how you get on! I tried to order a suit on Next.co.uk last week because it was €40 cheaper and much faster delivery times than the Irish site. The payment failed though as the address on my card did not match the billing address on my Next.co.uk account, which must be within the UK.

The bank was happy to make the payment but Next rejected it due to their UK rule, as a result the authorisation for the payment was successful on my card but no payment was taken. The cost of the suit is now locked out of the "available balance" on my card so I can't touch it.

I have tried the bank but they said they can't release it until Next cancels the authorisation or wait for 10 working days for it to expire. Next claim it's an issue for the bank and they never took payment (which they didn't, but did get authorisation for payment). I've been going around in circles with them for days now.

So be careful if you're buying something expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Howdy,

Hope someone could help.
    I ordered a large item on amazon last night that I know will be oversized. Would I be better to mark my preferred delivery location as Finglas so as not to encure an extra €7?

Many thanks.

I just came from there to pick up a different delivery. The box is within the dimensions stated on the PM website so I'm a bit p*ssed off with that. Toll on the M50 twice, petrol money and an extra €7 :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

J o e wrote: »

I have tried the bank but they said they can't release it until Next cancels the authorisation or wait for 10 working days for it to expire. Next claim it's an issue for the bank and they never took payment (which they didn't, but did get authorisation for payment). I've been going around in circles with them for days now.

So be careful if you're buying something expensive!

Ditto with MandMdirect. "Bought" a jacket from them last week, which came with follow up info (data gathering). I didn't see the email, so the order was cancelled. I emailed them yesterday asking how long would my money take to go back on card.
    Hi *****
    Thanks for your recent order.

We’re sorry, but we’ve been unable to process your payment, so unfortunately your order has been cancelled.

If you’d like to replace your order please visit mandmdirect.com, or give us a call on [URL="tel:0871%20664%201333"]0871 664 1333[/URL]*.

We can confirm that no charge has been made for your recent order.

Please note that although we have not charged your credit/debit card for this order, your bank/card provider may have already processed a pre-authorisation of the funds, in anticipation that we would be requesting the payment for your order.

If this is the case, the transaction would appear as pending. Please allow 3 to 5 working days for your bank/card provider to cancel this pre-authorisation and return the funds to your available balance.

If you have any further queries in regards to this matter, please contact customer services on [URL="tel:0871%20200%205000"]0871 200 5000[/URL].

Kind regards

Vicky Fisher
    Contact Centre Operator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I actually attempted payment twice as I thought first it was a typo in the card details - they didn't specify it was a UK-only issue. And the first authorization was immediately cancelled by Next.co.uk and the bank was able to release that amount the next day. It's the second attempt authorization that's still not cancelled so it seems I'm stuck waiting the 10 working days (after Christmas) as Next keep bouncing me back to the bank even though they hold the authorization for the payment (and I've given them the authorization approval code from the bank).
    Thank you for your e-mail.

I am sorry for any inconvenience you have experienced whilst attempting to make payment on with a credit or debit card.

All attempted payments are reserved by the issuing bank pending the completion of the transaction and the funds being taken from the card by the retailer.

If Next Directory does not obtain an authorisation for the payment, due to either, the card issuer declining the payment or the transaction failing our own security verification process, then the issuing bank will automatically clear the reserved funds. [not true - the bank needs to know it was rejected due to their internal security rules] The time taken to clear these transactions will depend upon the bank and their own banking procedures.

As your card was not registered at the same address we have declined your payment and a reversal for the funds will be done by your bank.

I am sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind regards

Andrea Mathieson
    Credit Team

Next Directory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Hi,
    Say I purchase an item and have it sent via PM, what if the business I purchased from decides to send me junk mail (offers, catalogs) to my PM address. Am I liable to pay for motel stays if these get sent on? Can PM screen out this type of stuff?

degsie wrote: »
    Hi,
    Say I purchase an item and have it sent via PM, what if the business I purchased from decides to send me junk mail (offers, catalogs) to my PM address. Am I liable to pay for motel stays if these get sent on? Can PM screen out this type of stuff?

No, it's up to you to screen it out.
    If you login to your PM account, you can view what is in it by clicking the little camera icon beside the link.
    If you go back to any sites you have ordered from and make sure that you have chosen not to receive any promotional material by mail etc..
    (A few sites have that option hidden fairly well).

If you haven't ordered anything and something arrives, after you view it in your PM account, you can either leave it there and it will expire and Nightline will refund you, or you can ring or email them and tell them it's junk mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

I purchased a mobile phone from tesco direct in England.I contacted parcel motel customer services on dec 5th to inform them that my PMID would not be on the parcel due to tesco failing to include it on my del address to parcel motel.
    the phone was recieved at the parcel motel address 1a McKinney Rd on the 6th December at 10.36am according to my tracking information supplied by tescos.
    I emailed parcel motel customer services on the 6th dec 15.44pm and informed them that the phone was delievered to them that morning i also supplied a copy of the del conformation i recieved from tescos courier with a tracking number
    I recieved a email back from parcel motel CS at 17.22pm saying " that should be processed for you within the next 24 buisness hours "
    On the 11th dec 14.19pm i contacted customer services as to the whereabouts of my mobile phone
    On the 12th dec 11.06am customer services came back to me " can you provide us with a goods description i will have to generate a warehouse search for this now "
    On the 12th dec 12.51 i recieved a email from CS " i have now passed on your details to our warehouse to locate this for you and we will let you know once its being found and processed "

Its now 17th dec and still no sign of my phone

" i have now passed on your details to our warehouse to locate this for you and we will let you know once its being found and processed "

They did the exact same thing to me. I don't believe they search the warehouse. I think they just keep their fingers crossed and hope it will turn up.

You are lucky you have tracking/proof that it arrived at Parcel Motel.
    I was only lucky that the seller (Amazon seller) provided me with a replacement, as there was no tracking. I had to contact PM in the end, as i got sick waiting for a reply, and they just replied "You'll have to get it resent." (That was because it had no tracking). Don't know what they'll say in your case, but i would get back to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I purchased a mobile phone from tesco direct in England.I contacted parcel motel customer services on dec 5th to inform them that my PMID would not be on the parcel due to tesco failing to include it on my del address to parcel motel.
    the phone was recieved at the parcel motel address 1a McKinney Rd on the 6th December at 10.36am according to my tracking information supplied by tescos.
    I emailed parcel motel customer services on the 6th dec 15.44pm and informed them that the phone was delievered to them that morning i also supplied a copy of the del conformation i recieved from tescos courier with a tracking number
    I recieved a email back from parcel motel CS at 17.22pm saying " that should be processed for you within the next 24 buisness hours "
    On the 11th dec 14.19pm i contacted customer services as to the whereabouts of my mobile phone
    On the 12th dec 11.06am customer services came back to me " can you provide us with a goods description i will have to generate a warehouse search for this now "
    On the 12th dec 12.51 i recieved a email from CS " i have now passed on your details to our warehouse to locate this for you and we will let you know once its being found and processed "

I got the same story myself with an item thats missing since the 25th, eventually last monday they said they would issue a refund once i provided receipt and proof of delivery again which I did. Im still waiting on the refund at the moment.

Playing devils advocate for a moment, could there be a trend here with items without PMID's going "missing" because they are somewhat untraceable or is it likely just down to a huge backlog that they cant get through?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ratzo Rizzo

I've been waiting about 3 weeks now for a package from the UK and still no sign of it. I can't open their 'contact us' page on the Parcel Motel website to enquire. Anyone know how to get in touch with them???

I've been waiting about 3 weeks now for a package from the UK and still no sign of it. I can't open their 'contact us' page on the Parcel Motel website to enquire. Anyone know how to get in touch with them???

http://www.parcelmotel.com/contact.html
    Contact us

Email

For general enquiries:
    customerservice@parcelmotel.com
    If you are interesting in hosting a Parcel Motel terminal on your premises:
    hosting@parcelmotel.com
    If you want to find out how Parcel Motel can work for your business:
    sales@parcelmotel.com
    Phone

Regular phone: 01 8835400
    LoCall: 1890 24 17 17
    For callers outside Ireland call: 353 1 8835400
    Address

Unit 5 Mygan Park
    Jamestown Rd
    Finglas
    Dublin 11
    Ireland
    Office Hours

8am to 7pm Mon to Fri and 8am to 2:30pm Saturday. Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays.
    Social Media

Twitter @parcelmotel
    Facebook www.facebook.com/parcelmotel
    Our Twitter & Facebook pages are monitored 9 to 5 during the week. Please allow 24 hours for responses outside these hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Getting p1ssed now parcel checked in last Friday in finglas but still no sign of it reaching Lucan tried DM'ing them via twitter but not responding they should really provide alternative options like collection etc, customer service are a bit of a joke, if they said u can come up and collect package in finglas I would but that doesn't seem to be an option!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Ratzo Rizzo

Allyall wrote: »

Thanks! Email sent...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I placed an order at amazon yesterday using parcel motel and they've split my order into 5 lots. All small items, could easily fit in one locker. Is there anything that can be done or am I stuck with paying 17.50?

Will definitely be more wary about using parcel motel with amazon in the future. Even though all items are sold by amazon and I selected 'group into as few deliveries as possible' they still split it up 5 times. 2 of the packages are only single items worth about 5 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭MrVestek

spix wrote: »
    I placed an order at amazon yesterday using parcel motel and they've split my order into 5 lots. All small items, could easily fit in one locker. Is there anything that can be done or am I stuck with paying 17.50?

Will definitely be more wary about using parcel motel with amazon in the future. Even though all items are sold by amazon and I selected 'group into as few deliveries as possible' they still split it up 5 times. 2 of the packages are only single items worth about 5 euro.

Got stung with this recently too. Nothing you can do I'm afraid.

Achilles wrote: »

Even if they're all getting delivered to parcel motel at the same time? :( It's a bit silly to be charged for 5 lockers when all of them could easily fit in one.

Also what happens if there's not enough lockers available at the time? Heck, this was a pretty small order by my standards. If I was to do this with a different order I could end up occupying a whole parcel motel by myself ;)

They really should find a way to combine parcels that are delivered at the same time and offer a discount. If I'm charged 5 times for a couple of cheap small items it will definitely put me off using them in the future.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Even if they're all getting delivered to parcel motel at the same time? :( It's a bit silly to be charged for 5 lockers when all of them could easily fit in one.

Also what happens if there's not enough lockers available at the time? Heck, this was a pretty small order by my standards. If I was to do this with a different order I could end up occupying a whole parcel motel by myself ;)

They really should find a way to combine parcels that are delivered at the same time and offer a discount. If I'm charged 5 times for a couple of cheap small items it will definitely put me off using them in the future.
    Same thing happened to me, my £400+ order for split into 2 separate orders and the first half is currently sitting in the Motel waiting to be collected which I will do later. You'll have to just pay I'm afraid.

Same thing happened to me, my £400+ order for split into 2 separate orders and the first half is currently sitting in the Motel waiting to be collected which I will do later. You'll have to just pay I'm afraid.

Only 2? Much better than 5 on a 100 euro order!

Only 2? Much better than 5 on a 100 euro order!

I'd be more annoyed with Amazon than I would be with Parcel Motel to be honest with you.

I did a live chat with them after this happened and I found out that all of the packages came from the same delivery centre and were packaged within five minutes of eachother.

When I queried this and asked why they couldn't have just put them all into bigger boxes the girl wouldn't give me an answer other than 'different packaging requirements' whatever the hell that means.

As I said to her in return 'you're trying to tell me that a phone case, two books, two blurays and a pair of earrings won't fit into the same box?!'

I'd go higher up about the lack of service and the general absurdity of it all but it's hardly worth it for an extra charge of €7. Feck it.

• Advertisement

Forgot to mention I emailed amazon yesterday, they replied to me within minutes. When I sent this, 5 items had already been split into 3 packages. The remaining 8 ended up in another 2, don't know if they did anything but could have been worse I guess.

"I understand that you are using a forwarding service to receive your mail and you are charged per shipment.
    As this is the case I have alerted the Fulfilment Centre to this to see if they can package your items into as few shipments as possible.
    I hope this helps. We look Forward to seeing you again soon. "

Also emailed parcel motel but no reply. I'm expecting to be charged the 17.50 but hopefully they surprise me. All the parcels could probably be taped together and still fit in one of the smallest lockers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

Yeah Im getting p'd off with this craic with Amazon. They should have a "group my items into one delivery ONLY' option. Its been happening much more often in the past while.

Yeah Im getting p'd off with this craic with Amazon. They should have a "group my items into one delivery ONLY' option. Its been happening much more often in the past while.

I thought that was the option I was selecting to be honest with you.

To have them all sent in different packages within five minutes of eachother within the same distribution centre is a bit ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lads you should well know by now what amazon do with orders, even though the packages where sent within 20 minutes of each other their warehouses are a couple of miles long so your books might be at one end of building while your phone cover is at the other end! Complain all you want but don't bring the parcel motel address into it or we will end up with amazon refusing to ship to the Belfast address.
    As for getting parcelmotel gathering them all and putting them in the one locker dream on you get charged once package is received by them, so they could stick it in the one motel compartment but you would still be charged for all packages they receive.
    And let's be honest at the moment they can't even deliver one package on time to my local parcelmotel!

Lads you should well know by now what amazon do with orders, even though the packages where sent within 20 minutes of each other their warehouses are a couple of miles long so your books might be at one end of building while your phone cover is at the other end! Complain all you want but don't bring the parcel motel address into it or we will end up with amazon refusing to ship to the Belfast address.
    As for getting parcelmotel gathering them all and putting them in the one locker dream on you get charged once package is received by them, so they could stick it in the one motel compartment but you would still be charged for all packages they receive.
    And let's be honest at the moment they can't even deliver one package on time to my local parcelmotel!

Surely they have do some kind of sorting beforehand. They don't just charge you when they arrive, they need to be have labels printed etc. All my parcels are due to arrive on the 19th, I think they'd notice that several are going to the same address and wouldn't be too much hassle to combine.

Maybe its a service they can offer in the future. I think it would benefit both us and parcel motel so lockers aren't taken up when they don't need to be.

Surely they have do some kind of sorting beforehand. They don't just charge you when they arrive, they need to be have labels printed etc. All my parcels are due to arrive on the 19th, I think they'd notice that several are going to the same address and wouldn't be too much hassle to combine.

Maybe its a service they can offer in the future. I think it would benefit both us and parcel motel so lockers aren't taken up when they don't need to be.

Just pay the bloody extra charge and move on with your life!

Just pay the bloody extra charge and move on with your life!

Is this a parcel motel thread or life advice? :D

Obviously I don't have a choice so its not about paying or not but how they could improve in the future.

I'm sure most of us here don't want to be paying 17.50 for a couple of cd's and blu rays to be delivered when a gigantic 10kg box costs 3.50.

Is this a parcel motel thread or life advice? :D

Obviously I don't have a choice so its not about paying or not but how they could improve in the future.

I'm sure most of us here don't want to be paying 17.50 for a couple of cd's and blu rays to be delivered when a gigantic 10kg box costs 3.50.

Of course not but as another poster said above we both know how Amazon works. We both got stung and will learn a lesson for the future no?

Of course not but as another poster said above we both know how Amazon works. We both got stung and will learn a lesson for the future no?

Yes... like I said in my first post I'll be more cautious from now on, but just because amazon works like that doesn't mean parcel motel can't adjust to offer a better service.

• Advertisement

Amazon have been doing this for a while now.
    It wouldn't surprise me if they do it on purpose, as i'd say they're "losing" money because of PM.
    Many Ebay sellers in the UK got really P'd off when they discovered what PM was. They made a lot of money from their extortionate shipping prices. There was a large thread with many of them talking about it in the Ebay UK forums, they wanted to bring in shipping prices to N.I.

I can't find the large original thread.
    Similar example thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement