Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭quilmore

what was the name of the site that did price check in the uk and send to PM? can't remember their name

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

quilmore wrote: »
    what was the name of the site that did price check in the uk and send to PM? can't remember their name

https://flubit.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

quilmore wrote: »

Amazon only now.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

A parcel was checked in for me today apprx 4pm, im away till new years day so I wont be able to get parcel so I changed it to one near where I am now, so will parcel that was ch3cked in be delivered to normal motel or one whre I am (only changed about 10 min after checked in)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SoundFlunky

Are PM strict about the 48 hour limit on weekends? I got a text around 7.30pm saying my parcel's ready for collection. It's near my office, so I won't get to it until after work on Monday. Would it be gone by then?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Are PM strict about the 48 hour limit on weekends? I got a text around 7.30pm saying my parcel's ready for collection. It's near my office, so I won't get to it until after work on Monday. Would it be gone by then?

They won't remove it, they will charge you another €3.50

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SoundFlunky

Yeah, I'd suspected that but their site said it'll be removed and it would have to be sent out again. Thanks for clearing that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

Hey, ordered components for a new pc off amazon there and it was to come as 3 seperate deliveries. 2 of the parcels are showing as checked in, status: in transit theres a picture of those 2

the third box didnt get checked in for 2 hours (nearly 7pm) the status on this one is "Stored" and I have been given a pin of 0000, does this mean its just stopped processing for the night? the reason i ask is because one of the parcels could come in oversized and ive never used PM before and im not sure of the exact procedures for an oversized box so it could be either the OS box or just there way of saying they didnt trasport it tonight,

thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

bitburger wrote: »
    Hey, ordered components for a new pc off amazon there and it was to come as 3 seperate deliveries. 2 of the parcels are showing as checked in, status: in transit theres a picture of those 2

the third box didnt get checked in for 2 hours (nearly 7pm) the status on this one is "Stored" and I have been given a pin of 0000, does this mean its just stopped processing for the night? the reason i ask is because one of the parcels could come in oversized and ive never used PM before and im not sure of the exact procedures for an oversized box so it could be either the OS box or just there way of saying they didnt trasport it tonight,

thanks

Stored means oversized. You should get a text in a few hours to collect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

Have a parcel checked in in NI on the 23rd and it's still there.

Supposed to be delivered Friday according to the Xmas arrangements page.

very poor service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

ei9go wrote: »
    Have a parcel checked in in NI on the 23rd and it's still there.

Supposed to be delivered Friday according to the Xmas arrangements page.

very poor service.

It says between Friday 27th night and Saturday day time on their Xmas arrangements page. So you might still get it today. Is it in transit?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Taken from my Parcel Motel account;
    "Fri 27 Dec 19:39 Parcel Motel Dublin Package loaded on delivery van
    Fri 27 Dec 19:45 Parcel Motel Parcel in transit to motel
    Sat 28 Dec 17:58 Parcel Motel Dublin Package loaded on delivery van"

Maybe they tried to deliver it and there wasn't enough room? Well for whatever reason it is on it's way back to the Motel and I should *fingers crossed* get it tomorrow.

Ignore my above post got the text/email a few minutes ago from Parcel Motel that my parcel has been stored! Can't wait to pick it up tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Looks like I've been charged twice for a single stay.

- I had a parcel arrive at my locker on December 24th.
    - Couldn't pick it up because I was away for xmas.
    - Got a text on the 27th saying my parcel had been returned to the depot and to call them
    - Called them immediately and the said they'd send it back out to my locker again
    - Parcel still not sent back out 48 hours later but I've been charged another €3.50 anyway

It's now over the 48 hours max they say it will take to return a package to the locker. I'm fine with that because it's xmas, but I'm not fine with being charged for a package that's not available to me to collect.

Isn't it meant to be €3.50 per stay in the locker? I can't see why I've been charged another €3.50 when my package is unavailable for collection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

What if I cannot get to the Parcel Motel within 24 hours?

One stay equals one parcel in a motel for 2 nights (48 hours) if your parcel stays more than 48 hours, we will remove your parcel and return it to our depot to make room for other parcels. This can lead to a delay of up to 48 hours before we can send your parcel out again and you will be charged€3.50 again for the second stay.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/faqs.html

Jarren wrote: »
    What if I cannot get to the Parcel Motel within 24 hours?

One stay equals one parcel in a motel for 2 nights (48 hours) if your parcel stays more than 48 hours, we will remove your parcel and return it to our depot to make room for other parcels. This can lead to a delay of up to 48 hours before we can send your parcel out again and you will be charged€3.50 again for the second stay.

http://www.parcelmotel.com/faqs.html

Ah ffs. It looks like they put it back in the locker yesterday but never bothered to notify me! Do they not send a text message on the 2nd stay? Is it the same PIN as the original stay??

I could have collected it yesterday if they'd let me know, but I can't get there again until tomorrow now, by which time they'll probably have removed it again :mad:

Ah ffs. It looks like they put it back in the locker yesterday but never bothered to notify me! Do they not send a text message on the 2nd stay? Is it the same PIN as the original stay??

I could have collected it yesterday if they'd let me know, but I can't get there again until tomorrow now, by which time they'll probably have removed it again :mad:

Did you get an email with the pin?

Did you get an email with the pin?

Only for the original stay. Nothing at all for the 2nd stay. Is it the same PIN? Either way, they should have let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Pinkman

I presume the first two stays being free promo is over now? I just registered and can't find anything about it on their website?

Only for the original stay. Nothing at all for the 2nd stay. Is it the same PIN? Either way, they should have let me know.

Yeah thats nonsense. Unless you got a text or email I would be disputing that charge with them.

• Advertisement

Got my phone today, apart from the slight delay and unusual tracking information, everything went grand! Delighted! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

I've been charged twice for one stay..not sure why as they didnt have it for 48hrs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭sawfish

Is anybody experiencing delays with Amazon - Parcel Motel orders in NI? I know its the holiday period and all but definitely a few days slower than usual..!

Don`t know if Amazon or Parcel Motel delays, am using one-day or expedited delivery...no tracking information.

sawfish wrote: »
    Is anybody experiencing delays with Amazon - Parcel Motel orders in NI? I know its the holiday period and all but definitely a few days slower than usual..!

Don`t know if Amazon or Parcel Motel delays, am using one-day or expedited delivery...no tracking information.

I received a package today from An Post which I ordered from Amazon on the 24th December and posted directly to home.

Yet the order I ordered from Amazon and posted to Parcel Motel on the 23rd of December still awaits - seems as though either UK mail or Parcel Motel are slowing this down.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

sawfish wrote: »
    I received a package today from An Post which I ordered from Amazon on the 24th December and posted directly to home.

Yet the order I ordered from Amazon and posted to Parcel Motel on the 23rd of December still awaits - seems as though either UK mail or Parcel Motel are slowing this down.
    I also ordered a jacket from Amazon on the 24th. Arrived today with An Post. :)

Allyall wrote: »
    I also ordered a jacket from Amazon on the 24th. Arrived today with An Post. :)

Well I have a package checked in and in transit now this afternoon. Glad it hasn`t spilled over till next year :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

I ordered something from amazon to be delivered through pm to limerick. Got the following email last night:

Your oversize parcel is ready for collection at Nightline, Unit 5 Mygan Pk, Finglas Dublin 11. You can collect between 8am and 1pm Christmas eve. Normal opening hours 9am to 9pm Mon-Fri and 9am to 2pm Saturday, closed Sunday & Bank Holidays, Tel 1890 24 17 17. Please collect within 48 hours to avoid additional charges. Alternatively you can arrange home delivery for 10.50 Euro.

When I checked my pm account, it shows that the parcel is at depot and my account has been debited €7.
    Why is it stuck in a depot in dublin when I am in limerick and why are they quoting me Christmas eve opening times? :confused: Will I have to pay a further € 10.50 to have it transported to limerick? Did I miss something in the terms and conditions?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

If you ask them to deliver to the nightline depot in Limerick, and collect the parcel from there- they will be no extra charge. Thus has been my experience in the past. I believe if you ask them to deliver to you personally then the extra charge is then charged.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I ordered something from amazon to be delivered through pm to limerick. Got the following email last night:

Your oversize parcel is ready for collection at Nightline, Unit 5 Mygan Pk, Finglas Dublin 11. You can collect between 8am and 1pm Christmas eve. Normal opening hours 9am to 9pm Mon-Fri and 9am to 2pm Saturday, closed Sunday & Bank Holidays, Tel 1890 24 17 17. Please collect within 48 hours to avoid additional charges. Alternatively you can arrange home delivery for 10.50 Euro.

When I checked my pm account, it shows that the parcel is at depot and my account has been debited €7.
    Why is it stuck in a depot in dublin when I am in limerick and why are they quoting me Christmas eve opening times? :confused: Will I have to pay a further € 10.50 to have it transported to limerick? Did I miss something in the terms and conditions?

Read up,
    You've likely ordered something thats oversized and that won't fit in a locker

The opening hours e-mail they've sent you looks automated for the holiday period so its advising you of all opening hours over this period.

if you want it in Limerick to your home then yes it'll likely cost you more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

They probably hope people don't read what it says on their site and opt for the extra 10.50 home delivery hence why its still in the Dublin.

You can ask them to bring it to their Limerick depot and collect it yourself with no extra cost, why don't they mention this in the email?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement