Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel Thread (post all related questions here)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭suds1984

Toxica wrote: »
    Is it really taking up to 2 days for them to check things in? I had something signed for this morning in Antrim but hasn't been checked in yet, was hoping I would get it before Xmas.

I had something signed for at 3pm one day and it didn't get checked in till about 8pm the following day. That was last week. My guess they are just as busy this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

Fingers crossed the seller I ordered from put the full address on my package! Still not checked in yet I contacted them on Twitter and they said they will be processing parcels throughout the night and tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭buttercups88

spix wrote: »
    They say on their website that things delivered to them before 12pm on Saturday will be in the lockers before xmas. Better be true as I'm still waiting for 2 of my parcels to show up as checked in.

ah feck I have a parcel due to arrive with them monday... looks like otherhalf will be getting an IOU for christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Toxica

My parcel has just been checked in! Hope everyone else's gets checked in soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,341 ✭✭✭xtal191

Mine checked in just before 5 and is in transit at the minute.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Just logged in to find that a parcel was 'stored' last night. Didn't get an sms as per the norm so I could have easily missed it! Glad to see it's there but would have liked to get the confirmation txt message.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Ugh got a text/email saying there wasn' enough credit in my account to cover an incoming parcel! The only option to top up by is €10.50 too...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭nava

Ugh got a text/email saying there wasn' enough credit in my account to cover an incoming parcel! The only option to top up by is €10.50 too...

If you add your credit/debit card they will take the money as needed.

nava wrote: »
    If you add your credit/debit card they will take the money as needed.

Oh really? So if I add my Visa it will only take €3.50 at a time? Thanks!

Oh really? So if I add my Visa it will only take €3.50 at a time? Thanks!

Yes correct

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Received 3 packages to the Newcastle Rd PM in Galway this week, all came through as normal with no delays.

It's a pity they aren't doing deliveries today (Sunday) so help in the pre-Christmas rush. I see An Post were out yesterday delivering.

Parcel Motel are on their holidays now! Won't be back until the 27/28 I think. I received a text saying one of my parcels couldn't be process because there was no money on the account but I have since added my card so I wonder how that will pan out as Amazon say it's delivered. Including that I have 2 things waiting to arrive to PareclMotel. Used them 5 times with 4 of them being smooth and easy!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

foe those of you with missing phones here's your answer
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2527846/Yodel-deliveryman.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

I'm ordering late xmas presents from amazon and want to use parcel motel to avoid the madly excessive delivery charges. Each of the items are from different sellers but all have similar estimated delivery times.

So my question is if they all arrive in the depot at the same time / within the 3 day stay can all the items be placed in the same locker or will I end up having to pay €3.50 per item since they're technically not all the same order?

aaabbbb wrote: »
    I'm ordering late xmas presents from amazon and want to use parcel motel to avoid the madly excessive delivery charges. Each of the items are from different sellers but all have similar estimated delivery times.

So my question is if they all arrive in the depot at the same time / within the 3 day stay can all the items be placed in the same locker or will I end up having to pay €3.50 per item since they're technically not all the same order?

Each parcel will be charge the €3.50 even if they all arrive at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

nava wrote: »
    Each parcel will be charge the €3.50 even if they all arrive at the same time.

Dammit tis as I feared ! :(

Thanks guys !

I have 1 parcel currently sitting as CheckedIn and another which says delivered but hasn't showed up on Parcel Motel yet. I'm wondering that because they're on their holidays will we get charged for the days our items are left sitting? For example, I have 1 thing sitting at the Depot and Parcel Motel don't come back from their holidays until 27/28 of December so will I get charged 4 or 5 days worth? Just curious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

anyone know is the depot open tomorow and would I be able to collect a package that arrived today from it?

• Advertisement

Thank you!
    That's definately a load of my mind! :)

anyone know is the depot open tomorow and would I be able to collect a package that arrived today from it?

scratch that just got through and its in transit to motel so should be stored by the morning for collection :D

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Irish Lion

I have used Parcel Motel many times in the past year but for the first time it has gone terribly wrong for me.
    I ordered an item from the UK that wouldn't ship to Ireland and got the seller to send it by registered post to Parcel Motel so I could have tracking considering it was needed by a particular date to complete a job I was doing.
    It got delivered to Parcel Motel in plenty of time but it still hasn't showed up, despite several calls it has eluded them.
    Then I was thrilled to have a parcel to collect.
    When I saw it, I knew it was the wrong package and upon inspection of the label(S) on the package, I saw that this particular package was being passed about to several PM numbers apart from mine. 2 other PM numbers were clearly marked on the package as well as 1 incomplete PM number on the original Royal Mail label.
    Tried calling but there never seems to be anyone that can throw some light on it.
    My package is still missing and I have had to source one locally at considerable expense to complete the job.
    I can only thank my lucky stars that I had registered post to Parcel Motel or I would have no comeback at all.
    BE WARNED.....
    USE REGISTERED POST TO PARCEL MOTEL TO AVOID BEING MUCKED ABOUT.
    I will post any update on this situation when I get one
    :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Irish Lion wrote: »
    I have used Parcel Motel many times in the past year but for the first time it has gone terribly wrong for me.
    I ordered an item from the UK that wouldn't ship to Ireland and got the seller to send it by registered post to Parcel Motel so I could have tracking considering it was needed by a particular date to complete a job I was doing.
    It got delivered to Parcel Motel in plenty of time but it still hasn't showed up, despite several calls it has eluded them.
    Then I was thrilled to have a parcel to collect.
    When I saw it, I knew it was the wrong package and upon inspection of the label(S) on the package, I saw that this particular package was being passed about to several PM numbers apart from mine. 2 other PM numbers were clearly marked on the package as well as 1 incomplete PM number on the original Royal Mail label.
    Tried calling but there never seems to be anyone that can throw some light on it.
    My package is still missing and I have had to source one locally at considerable expense to complete the job.
    I can only thank my lucky stars that I had registered post to Parcel Motel or I would have no comeback at all.
    BE WARNED.....
    USE REGISTERED POST TO PARCEL MOTEL TO AVOID BEING MUCKED ABOUT.
    I will post any update on this situation when I get one
    :mad::mad::mad:
    Parcel Motel would have phoned you to ask were you expecting a parcel and ask you what you were expecting, did you not get this call? They would not send out parcels without verifing this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭username123

WikiHow wrote: »
    Parcel Motel would have phoned you to ask were you expecting a parcel and ask you what you were expecting, did you not get this call? They would not send out parcels without verifing this.

Huh? Since when have they been phoning people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Huh? Since when have they been phoning people?
    I saw that this particular package was being passed about to several PM numbers apart from mine. 2 other PM numbers were clearly marked on the package as well as 1 incomplete PM number on the original Royal Mail label
    They oviously had issues determining the owner of the package so they would have to make communication with people with the same name as this person.

WikiHow wrote: »

Thanks for pointing that out.........
    I had totally forgot about that part of this debacle............

During one of the calls I was asked to describe what I was expecting as well as any identifying marks, brands or words so I gave a description which included rough dimensions.
    The package I was waiting on was about the size of a Free to Air TV box or perhaps a little bit bigger and what the parcel that came could have fitted in someone's pocket.
    On another call I was told that they might have found it but from the description that I was given I told the lady on the phone that it definitely was not mine.
    I assume it was on the way from the depot at this stage but a call to the driver would have stopped the incorrect delivery.
    Best of all is that I was charged for that delivery.
    Since the nearest Parcel Motel is so far away from my place that did however come out to collect the incorrect delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Irish Lion wrote: »
    Thanks for pointing that out.........
    I had totally forgot about that part of this debacle............

During one of the calls I was asked to describe what I was expecting as well as any identifying marks, brands or words so I gave a description which included rough dimensions.
    The package I was waiting on was about the size of a Free to Air TV box or perhaps a little bit bigger and what the parcel that came could have fitted in someone's pocket.
    On another call I was told that they might have found it but from the description that I was given I told the lady on the phone that it definitely was not mine.
    I assume it was on the way from the depot at this stage but a call to the driver would have stopped the incorrect delivery.
    Best of all is that I was charged for that delivery.
    Since the nearest Parcel Motel is so far away from my place that did however come out to collect the incorrect delivery.

Ask the seller what their return address is (normally they put it on the package) Then pass that info onto parcel motel.

spix wrote: »
    Ask the seller what their return address is (normally they put it on the package) Then pass that info onto parcel motel.

Thats a very good idea.
    I'll get on it as soon as i can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

Merry Xmas to all at PM.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement